F O U R T Y

March 2, 1999

"Y/N, hey!"

I whipped my head around as I saw a smiling Gryffindor girl, dressed pompously with a head of bushy brown locks.

I paused where I was in the corridors. I was just heading to the lake to find Alana for where we decided to meet today.

"Hermione, hi." I smiled at the Gryffindor in surprise.

She stopped when she got close to me, holding a pile of books in her arms. Typical Hermione.

She rummaged through one of them, biting her lower lip ever so slightly as she withdrew a letter from the middle book. She handed it to me. "From Harry."

The air in my chest constricted and I felt a blush rise to my cheeks in embarrassment. "Harry?"

"Yes," Hermione confirmed. She leaned in a little closer to me. The smell of new books, flowers and pasties filled my nose. "For the record, I heard what happened between you and Harry. He is sorry, you know?"

I nodded. "Thanks, Hermione."

"No problem. I have some new information on the Legilimency project and thought you might want to look it over? Malfoy could come too, if you would like." The witch smiled, pulling the books closer to her chest, making sure to hide none of the gold and red tie hanging from her neck.

I blinked. The Legilimency project. How could I forget?

It's been at least over a week and I've been fooling around, trying to get Draco to forgive me for something I didn't do.

I'm sure he has forgiven me by now, but I've just felt to guilty and don't want to loose the only person I have left.

So, the project has been on hold. I was going to start working on it again yesterday, but Pansy's situation with Daisy didn't make it easier.

For the rest of the night after that, we spent it talking in the common room. It wasn't fun banter like before, more lonely and awkward if anything.

But now...

Now it's all coming back.

I have to work on this.

"Yeah," I told Hermione eagerly. "When do you want to meet?"

"I was thinking Friday at 6?" Hermione raised an eyebrow. "I have a lot of Head Girl duties to deal with and Friday is one of my only days off."

"Of course. Friday is great." I answered.

"Hermione!"

Both of us turned our heads to see a group of fourth year Gryffindor girls calling Hermione away.

"Well, I've got to go but I'll see you Friday?" She questioned, turning away.

I fiddled with the letter in my hands. "For sure."

With that, Hermione went on to tend to the fourth years and I headed to the lake to see Alana. She's been spending a lot of time there lately.

While walking, I scanned the letter. It was addressed to me, saying:

Y/N Riddle
Head Girl Dormitory, Hogwarts
Scotland