T W E N T Y - F I V E

February 2, 1999

I walked down to the Great Hall with my books in my hands.

I promised I'd meet them today.

I'd put it off for so long because I was scared. I am still scared.

My heart pounded as I made my way down the long, empty corridor.

"Y/N!"

I shrieked and turned left, spinning on my heels. My books fell to the ground as I turned and landed to the floor with a 'bang'. Luckily, no one was here to see what I had done.

"It's just me! It's Kayden. I'm in the classroom, for er- History of Magic."

I let out a sigh of relief and picked up my books, shaking. "Next time, don't scare me! You almost gave me heart failure."

"It's pretty hard when you can't see me. Hurry up!" He commented.

I hurried into the classroom and shut the door, I placed my books on top of a desk and sat in the chair behind it. "You haven't came for-"

"Days, I know," I could hear his voice sigh. "James was keeping an eye on me."

"I'm going to get you back. I will." I told the air. I knew he was there, he had to be.

I heard him snort. "That will happen when Luna Lovegood can prove that Crumple-Horned Snorkack's are actually real. No offence, she's pretty brilliant. Ravenclaw for a reason," he yearned on. "But the point is that I'm dead. I'm not coming back."

"Don't you want to come back?" I whispered.

"Of course I do. I wanted to come back as soon as I knew I was dying. I wanted to live for Alana, my kids, you," he continued. "But that's not how it works. Death is permanent."

Death is permanent.

No, no. I can get him back. He just has to believe me.

I let out a deep breath and reached my hand out for my book. I scratched at the words, tracing each letter with my nail.

"Just let me try. Please." I begged, my voice quiet but pleading all the same.

Kayden waited to reply for a moment. "I'm not going to stop you from trying. I'm just trying to prepare you for the outcome. You got Harry Potter to help, didn't you?"

"Yes."

"And Malfoy is okay with that?"

"Why does that matter?" I looked up at nothing, snapping suddenly. "Sorry."

Kayden said. "It doesn't, but you two have been getting quiet close lately. I see in the Great Hall, during classes. You two are always together. He helps you through your panic attacks and everything."

"He does." I replied flatly.

"But he left you."

I blinked back tears and nodded.

"And he broke your heart." Kayden stated sourly. It was a fact, not a question.

But stupidly, I nodded once again. A tear slid from my eye this time.

I sniffed and wiped it away as quickly as possible. Everything was taking me back to May 2nd. I can't do this.