Chapter 53

Eleanor's POV =)

Today was the day of Alex's funeral. Louis was already up and sitting on the end of the bed. I went and sat next to him, pulling him into a hug and letting him cry on my shoulder. "It isn't fair El, she was so young" he cried. "I know Louis but I'm pretty sure Alex doesn't want us to remember her by this, she would want her to remember her by her bright and bubbly personality, let me promise you that" I said. Tears were in my eyes, threatening to spill everywhere but I had to stay strong, for Louis. I went and had a shower, taking my time to wash myself and my hair. I jumped out the cold air hitting me. It was the end of January; the boys go on tour soon. Once I had dried off, I slipped on a plain sleeveless black dress and a plain black blazer, rolling the cuffs up. I left my hair wavy and just put on a little bit of make-up. I put on a gold ring and slipped on some velvet ballet flats. I didn't take my phone or purse.  I tried to make myself eat but I couldn't do it and neither could Louis. The ceremony wasn't at a church, it was in the park. Turns out Alex left another letter, saying where she wanted her funeral and it better be good. She was a funny one. We drove to Doncaster, in silence. No music, no nothing. I could see Louis trying to hold in his tears, I've never seen him like this. Once we arrived, there was so many people. I saw Louis run into his Mum's arm's and he cried and cried and cried. I couldn't see George, Lachlan or Alex's Dad. I went and gave Jay a hug, since she was crying too. Jay told me once, that she thought of Alex like another daughter, so this loss to her must be hard. There were so many people here, I recognised Ella Henderson from the X-factor and Little Mix! "Louis, did Alex know Little Mix?" I asked. "Well yeah, she was a stylist from when she was 17 and finished school, she knows loads of famous people" Louis said. I nodded and more and more people came and then finally, it was time. I heard people walking down the aisle and I turned to see George, Lachlan, Chris and what looked like to be a cousin of hers, walking down with Alex's coffin. Louis gripped onto my hand and I squeezed it tight. There were pink and white flowers everywhere and at the front, was a massive bored with pictures everywhere. I could hear Lottie crying into her Mum's shoulder and Louis had tears spilling from his eyes. The song, Only The Good Die Young started playing. Once it was finished we all stood up and the priest, Father John started to talk. "Louis, who is reading the note she left us?" I asked. "I think George is". I nodded and then Alex's mum went up to talk.

"Alex, how do I describe such a wonderful girl? She was my only daughter and she was perfect and she always will be. She had a knack for fashion and designing, you would find her late at night drawing designs or on her laptop, looking up the latest fashion trends. Oh yes, Alex was very much into fashion but being the only girl with 6 boy cousin's and a brother, she learned so many other things. Like how to play soccer and cricket. My little girl, she was beautiful. Even though she didn't believe it. ''YOU GOT  THAT RIGHT!" a guy yelled out. "Thank you for that Luke" her mum said continuing. "She didn't see the bad in people, no matter who they were. Even though she wasn't the smartest girl, being the best didn't care to Alex. She was amazing with younger children, it was beautiful. She was obsessed with chocolate, even when she had braces that couldn't keep her away from it. Alex, alex thought she was the funniest person on earth. Which she could be at times but sometimes she was playing annoying. She liked to get her own way and when she didn't, well that's another story. But the Alex I knew, she wasn't just my precious daughter. She was brave, witty, beautiful, perfect in my eyes. Even though nobody is perfect. She loved animals, especially cats. And she loved Harry Potter, reading the books all the time and watching the movies whenever she could." By now, Marie had so many tears falling down her face, I don't think she could go on. "I love you Alex and you will always be in our hearts" she said sobbing the last few words out. She walked down, crying loudly and she went straight into her husband's arms. The priest talked some more about Alex and then it was George's turn.

"Uh I'm George, Alex's boyfriend" he began. "When I first lay eyes on Alex, she was the most stunning girl I had ever seen. Not just in looks, personality too. She was perfect, so perfect that I found it hard to get the courage to talk to her. But when I finally did, it was like talking to an old friend. She was so welcoming and sweet. Then Josh, went and told her that I liked her and then yeah. Being with her, were some of the best months of my life. She left us this letter, that I'm going to read to you now". George had tears spilling out of his brown eyes, just as I was crying softly into Louis's shoulder.