Book 5 Chapter 7 Dumbledore

I turned around, tears in my eyes to face the voice.

When I looked it was Dumbledore, he was stood with the same half moon spectacles and long beard as always. He smiled the same way, the way that makes you feel at home and forces you to smile back.

I wiped away my tears but it was no use, they just continued to fall.

"I'm fine, sir." I smiled but he didn't believe me.

Who would though? I was having a mental breakdown and he wasn't an idiot.

"I would prefer it if you didn't lie to me, Blue." Dumbledore smiled warmly, taking a seat next to me on the step.

"It's just all so much, sir. I had everything and it was so perfect. Now he isn't here and I'm so broken. Now I am back where it all started and it just isn't the same." I cried.

"I presume you are talking about young mr Diggory. I won't give you my apologies because I find pity makes everything worse. Things will change Blue, it's just life."

"I understand that. But it's not because his presence isn't at Hogwarts anymore. I feel like everything is different. The school is just how I remember it, but that's not true of course because everything has changed. When I walk the halls I don't feel the magic in the air and the laughter of the first years is half hearted."

"A war is coming, there is no point pretending it isn't and I feel I can trust in you with that information. Hogwarts is changing, you look at it through the eyes of a fifteen year old now instead of the eyes of a child. You are growing up." Dumbledore smiled as I continued to cry.

"I'm not ready to grow up yet. I miss being a first year and running around the school with Harry under his invisibility cloak. I miss messing with time turners and Snape taking away my house points. I miss running down to Hagrid's, I miss skipping around being a carefree kid with a crush on the chosen one. I'm not ready to fight war, and I know I will be playing a big part in it."

"I can't help but wonder if you miss the way Hogwarts was to you because you miss the person you once where."

"How do you mean, Professor?" I asked.

"I think that you still like Harry, maybe you just don't fully understand it yet."

"I never really stopped loving Harry, it doesn't mean that I love him as much as I did or that I want to still be with him."

"What is your patronus?" Dumbledore asked making me really question what he was going on about.

"It's a doe like it always has been."

"If Mr Diggory was truly the one for you I would imagine your patronus would change to a badger to match his. Yet it is still a doe, to pair with Harry's." Dumbledore smiled with a glint in his eye.

"That just something to think about, I have had many talks with Harry since you broke up. He spoke to me in full confidence about his feelings towards you. But I may just accidentally slip up one day and reveal his views towards you."

"Have a nice day!" Dumbledore chirped getting up and disappearing.

My patronus never changed.

Thank you for reading this chapter!
I know it was really short but it was a filler.
Please comment and vote so I can follow you or read your books ❤️