Passion

By MsChryssieE

Sometimes as the Passion for one love grows, the one that was lost was never gone to begin with. True love wi... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Sharing Moment!
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Historical Moment!
Final Book!

Chapter 1

19.1K 518 48
By MsChryssieE

Misty

"I can't believe you're leaving us."

Laughing at his behavior, I turned to Antonio and just smiled.

"You knew it was only going to be for a year love."

"I know but they could have extended your time with us. We love you Misty and you know we don't willingly do that to everyone."

Laughing at his silliness, I continued to pack my back. For the last year, I've been living in California doing what I loved and did best, dance.

Finishing Juilliard in three years rather than four, I was awarded with a scholarship to the San Francisco Ballet Theater and of course I took the opportunity.

Now that my year was over, though they wanted to extend it, I declined after receiving official admittance to the American Ballet Theater. It was my dream to work there and they recognized my talent and hard work. Best of all, I was going to be back home.

"You should have done drama you know." I looked at Antonio.

"My mother said the same." He laughed.

"Should have listened to her."

Zipping up my final suitcase, I turned and faced him completely.

"I'm going to miss you so much."

"Me too. You were my baby sister here and I know you're going to be great. Just don't forget us little people." He let out a little laugh.

"I'll never forget you." I wiped his tears.

Pulling me in for another hug, I held him tightly. Since being out here, Antonio took me under his wings and treated me like family.

"Come on so I can say bye you everyone else."

Hooking arms by the elbows, we walked back to the studio, only for me to be surprised by the rest of the crew.

"Oh my gosh." I laughed.

"Goodbye love."

"Im going to miss you guys so much." I dried my eyes.

"So will we."

Taking turns, they all said a little speech, leaving me speechless. Once that was over, they brought out a cake and I cut and shared it.

"Misty, your phone." Sharon handed it to me.

"Oh thanks."

Smiling, I answered Maggie's call.

"Yes?"

"Tell me you're at the airport."

"Not yet Mags but I'll be there soon."

"Hurry up please. We miss you here."

"I miss you too and I'll be there soon so stop stressing before you stress out my god daughter."

One of my reasons for being anxious to get home was Maggie being pregnant. She was due in a couple weeks and Sarah and I, me mostly were planning her babyshower.

So much had changed within these four years. Aside from her and Maggie expecting, Sarah and Brian, her long time friend finally decided to cross that line. As for me, my career was my relationship.

"As soon as I land, you would know."

"That's because I'll be there with Sarah to come get you."

"Okay babe. Now go rest."

"I will. Love you."

"Love you too darling."

Returning to my farewell party, I made the most of it. Though my path will cross with these people again, it wouldn't be the same. We had become a family and now it was hard to say goodbye.

*******

Walking past immigration, I went straight to baggage claim. Removing my suitcases, I placed them on the trolley before pushing it out.

"Where are you guys?"

Checking the time on my phone, I smiled when I heard an all too familiar voice.

"Misty!" She exclaimed.

Becoming excited myself, I squealed out her name before running to meet her.

"Girl it feels like forever!" We hugged.

"It does. I missed you. Where's Maggie?"

"In the car. I had to leave her there." She huffed.

"Why?"

Getting the trolley, she pushed it out for me as I pulled my carryon.

"She and Kevin been going at it and its exhausting now."

"Oh God, what happened now?"

"He thinks she isn't resting enough like her doctor told her to and Maggie being Maggie takes offense to it ALL THE TIME!"

Approaching the car, spotting me, she got out and wobbled all the way over to me.

"Look at you!" I giggled rubbing her belly.

"Girl I know right. Its time for little momma to get evicted." She sighed.

"Don't rush my baby. She has to be all done before she gets out of there." I smiled helping her back in.

"Thanks again for coming for me."

"You're welcome babe."

Starting the car, we left the airport heading to my house. Stopping a couple times, we bought food from three different fast food outlets.

"How's everything with, wait. Sarah?"

"Mmm?"

"What's that on your hand?" I smiled.

"What, this? Oh nothing. Just you standard engagement ring!" She said excitedly as she waved her left hand.

"Oh my gosh! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't want to do it over the phone."

"Awe. Congratulations babe."

"Thank you and you know."

"Yes I know. I have to help plan it."

"Thank you." She danced in the drivers seat.

The ride back to my place was filled with chatter and vibrancy. It was no doubt that I missed my girls but one thing for certain, our friendship remained the same.

Arriving at my house, I just sat in the car and stared at it. I hadn't been home in an entire year and believe it feels different after being on the west coast.

"Are you coming?"

"Huh? Oh yeah." I laughed as I got out.

As I approached the front door, I got out my key and opened it. The place was relatively quiet but I did hear movement in the kitchen.

"Grandma!"

"Misty? Is that you sweetie?" She came into sight.

Seeing her just made me smile.

"My baby." She pulled me in for a hug. "Oh, sweetie welcome home."

"Thanks." I hugged back.

"Sorry I didn't plan anything."

Cupping my face in her hands, she just looked at me and smiled.

"You know I don't mind. I'm just happy to be home."

"I know love. You hungry? Are you girls hungry?" She asked.

"We brought food. We're going to finish this baby shower."

"Okay, well call if you need anything."

"We'll be right out here. I just got home, I'm not going to lock myself away just yet." I laughed.

"Good. Give me the food, y'all help her get settled, well Sarah for the most and I'll set this out."

"Thank you." We all said.

"I'm going to sit." Maggie huffed as she wobbled over to the couch.

Getting my bags, I placed them in my room and sat on my bed. Taking a deep breath I exhaled and laid back.

"You good in here babe?" Sarah stood by the door.

"I am." I got up. "Let's get this thing going."

Grabbing my carryon, we went back downstairs to Maggie eating.

"So." I entered the room. "Everything in here is for the babyshower and our god baby." I opened it up.

As they checked through it, I answered my phone. Stepping away from them, I went out on the back deck.

"Hi Jay." I smiled as I sat.

"I can hear that smile through the phone." He laughed. "I take it you're home."

"I am. Now the question is, when am I seeing my baby."

"You miss me that much?"

"Don't flatter yourself." I laughed.

"I tried." He laughed. " I'll bring Dest by later tonight and we can go for dinner?"

"I'll cook. I missed my grandma and home so I'm going to be  inside for a while." I laughed.

"No problem. Well let me get back to work."

"Yes, go do that."

Ending our call, I smiled and shook my head as I looked at my phone. Jay and I's friendship stayed in tact even when I moved.

During my three years at Juilliard, he had helped me out so much that just strengthened our friendship more than before.

"So? Any questions?" I walked back into the room.

"Yes." Maggie spoke. "Who you had to sneak off to talk to?"

"That's none of your business. Anymore questions?"

"You got a man and aint tell us sis?" Sarah asked.

Slightly rolling my eyes, I ignored her and sat on the floor, just removing things.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 77 12
Regina's curse is falling apart around her. Henry is against her and Gold is plotting against her happiness. What happens when she meets Robin, the m...
173K 2.5K 11
Affinity(af·fin·i·ty) /noun/ a spontaneous or natural liking or sympathy for someone or something. ♦ ♣ ♠ ♥ Requests; Yes [ ✓ ] No [ ]...
238K 7.2K 20
This is a story about me Myrah.. I'm not one of those "pretty skinny girls" out there... I'm just looking for somewhere to fit in.. Then one day thin...
313K 18.6K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong