Running in My Veins: Jicheol...

TwilightSiren által

Seungcheol has never felt before That is until he meets Jihoon And suddenly all of these emotions are floodi... Több

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 39

93 7 3
TwilightSiren által

Hi! I am back with another chapter. We are officially ten chapters away from the very end of this novel. It's crazy. I'm not going to be sappy yet, but thank you to everyone who's been reading my story so far. I hope you continue to read and enjoy the rest of this story. With that said, let's get into the chapter.

Now

"What happened, sir?"

"We really need to have you checked on, sir."

"Sir? You were just in an accident."

"I'm with the news! Sir, please, tell me what's your name?"

"You need to step back!"

"Can you hear me? Sir?"

"He keeps refusing medical attention!"

"Who was the other passenger? A friend? A lover?"

"He was just in a car accident, how can he refuse!?"

"This will be easier if you all just answer our questions."

"Sir, were you under the influence while driving your vehicle?"

"Bystanders say there was a car pushing you! Do you know who the car belongs to?"

"Sir, please, we're just trying to do our job!"

"Was there another car that caused this or was it reckless driving?"

"The people want to know! Tell us what happened!"

"Sir!

"Sir!"

"Sir!"

Seungcheol sits on the sidewalk with a blank expression on his face. The endless chatter becoming static in his ears. He stares at his boyfriend's limp body in the middle of the street. The cops have covered his body with a blanket, confirming what the vampire already knew. Jihoon is gone. The world around him is frantic. The car that was pushing them drove off after the crash. People say that they have photos of the license plate and they've reassured him the culprit will be found. The ambulance came next followed by the police. Medics taking them from the vehicle and trying to patch up the wounds that Seungcheol knows are already healing. Cops questioning people on the scene and considering having him tested for drugs within his system. It's all happening, but Seungcheol doesn't care. His entire focus is on Jihoon. His Jihoon. The sarcastic, smiling, light of his life. The human that's changed his world. The only person Seungcheol thinks he'll ever love. His Jihoon. Dead. Gone. Forever.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

He should turn him, Seungcheol thinks as he's being taken along with his boyfriend's body to the hospital. Make Jihoon come back. It would be so easy. But, he can't. He vowed never to do such a thing. It's against the law. It isn't right. And Jihoon being buried in a grave is? Jihoon is young. He shouldn't be dead. He should be alive. Seungcheol can bring him back, but should he. Should he? His chest aches and his heart feels like it's being ripped apart. The decision to save Jihoon or not is weighing heavily on him. He wants to, but he's holding himself back. Would Jihoon want this? Would he want to be alive as a vampire? Or would it be better for him to rest? Or should he be selfish and take choices into his own hands. Bring him back cause he can't live without him. Would that be better? Would that stop this painful throbbing of emptiness inside? Seungcheol yells suddenly, startling the medic, who looks at him with worry. The vampire presses the heels of his hands into his eyes and lets out a strangled sob. His chest tightens as tears flow down his cheeks. He lowers his head in between his knees and cries. He sobs and screams out for his love. He wishes he could go back. Never get in that car. Never drive to that tteokbokki place. Just stay at the apartment. Just stay and kiss and do more. Just stay and scar Chan when he wakes up. Just stay. Stay and be safe. Stay and live.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Seungcheol sits on the floor of the morgue, leaning against the wall. Tears still pouring down his face and his chest aching in a way that shouldn't be humanly possible. Jihoon is on a table with a white sheet covering his entire body. Seungcheol refuses to go look at him again. Having seen his dead body in the car already and thinking he won't be able to handle seeing it again. He already feels so broken. So empty. So useless. He's never felt this way before. He's never felt pain and sorrow like this. It hurts so much. It's like his entire world has come crashing down in mere seconds. And it did. Jihoon was his world. His everything. Seungcheol slams his head back into the wall as an image of Jihoon appears in his mind. His mouth shakes and he lets out breathless sounds as he thinks back to all their moments together. Their accidental meeting. Random visits. Eating food. Watching movies. Hugging. Flirting. Kissing. Loving. All of it plays through his mind like a movie. A sad movie with a heartbreaking ending that will make you use up an entire tissue box. Suddenly, the door to the morgue slams open. Chan and Joshua enter with distressed expressions on their faces. They don't even notice Seungcheol and rush over to the table. Chan yanks back the sheet and lets out a painful noise when he sees his brother. "No...no...no," Chan murmurs, "This can't be happening...."

Joshua stares at his best friend's body and stumbles back, "Jihoon...."

"He's gone..." Seungcheol whispers, staring at the floor with hollow eyes. Chan and Joshua glance at Seungcheol, noticing him for the first time. Seungcheol runs a hand through his hair and lets out a dry laugh, "It's all my fault..."

"What happened?" Chan asks, his eyes burning with anger. Seungcheol can only imagine what Chan is going through. He's lost both of his brothers in such a short amount of time. That must be absolutely heart-wrenching. "We were going to get some tteokbokki," Seungcheol mutters, tears building up in his eyes as he speaks, "A car started tailgating us and then ran right into us. They started pushing us forward and we reached an intersection...a truck hit us and we flipped and crashed...Jihoonie...h-he didn't make it." The vampire lets out another choked sob and lets his head fall limp.

"T-that wasn't your fault," Joshua stutters out, his eyes becoming watery.

"Maybe, not," Seungcheol chokes out, "But, I was driving...I should have done something." Chan stares at Seungcheol, most likely taking notice of the lack of injuries on the vampire's body. Seungcheol can't bring himself to care. His entire body feels numb. He doesn't have the energy to explain why he's perfectly healthy and Jihoon is lying dead on a table. Seungcheol makes a fist and slams it into the floor. He grits his teeth and squeezes his eyes shut, tears still peeking out of his shut eyelids. Chan slowly turns to look at his brother again, leaving Seungcheol alone after seeing how broken up he is. "You can't leave me too," Chan mutters, trying his best to be strong even though his voice cracks, "Come back to me...hyung...I cant live without you as well...what am I supposed to do without you or Seokmin hyung! You're supposed to take care of me....remember...I'm your baby brother...don't leave me...don't leave me alone..."

"I...I don't know what to say..." Joshua says, sitting down beside Seungcheol, "I...I never imagined something like this would happen."

"You and me both," Seungcheol says bitterly, "To make matters worse...I don't even know who did it..."

"I don't think that matters now," Joshua sighs, "It won't bring him back..."

"No...I guess not," Seungcheol mutters.

"Are you going to bring him back?" Joshua asks.

"I...I don't know," Seungcheol whispers, still having no idea what to do. Joshua nods his head and falls silent, watching Chan cry over his hyung's body. "If you do, we'll all help," Joshua says, "It'll go smoother than it did the first time..."

"Yeah," Seungcheol murmurs, the process being the last thing on his mind. The vampire sighs before slowly pushing himself to his feet. He walks over to the table and stares down at Jihoon's battered body. There are bruises all over him and cuts that are visible. It breaks Seungcheol's heart to see his Jihoon in such a condition. He shouldn't look like this. He should be awake and lively. His eyes shining and his skin full of life. Not lying on a metal table with his eyes sealed shut. Seungcheol slowly lifts his hand up and brushes it against Jihoon's cool cheek. He lets out a shaky breath before looking over at Joshua. The human looks back at him and notices the determined look in the crown prince's eyes. Joshua nods his head and gets to his feet. He wipes at his tears and goes over to Chan, "C'mon...we need to contact your parents."

Chan scoffs, "So they can rush through things again and turn him to ashes instantly...yeah...no thanks..."

"Channie..." Joshua murmurs.

"Fine," Chan huffs before heading towards the door. Joshua turns to give one last look at Seungcheol before exiting the room. The vampire looks down at his lost lover with a sorrowful expression. "If this is the wrong choice, I'm sorry in advance," Seungcheol whispers, "But, I just can't see you like this...not when you can live..."

Oooooo, here we go guys. The craziness is about to begin in full. I hope that you are looking forward to it. I don't really have much to say other than that about this chapter, so I will see you all in the next one. Please vote, comment, follow me, add this story to your library and check out my BTS AU Night of Sin. Until next time, goodbye my lovely Carats!

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

795K 16.3K 42
18+🚨🚫 SPECIAL WARNING : READ AT YOUR OWN RISK Y/N x JOSHUA Started : 25/5/2020 Ended : 2/8/2020 Editing done: 4/7/2023
35.5K 1.9K 19
"why is the moon bleeding?" ©︎brosvt :: 2k17 - 2k23
20.9K 1.5K 19
in which amusement park is his biggest fear. ©soljikhage