Running in My Veins: Jicheol...

Bởi TwilightSiren

Seungcheol has never felt before That is until he meets Jihoon And suddenly all of these emotions are floodi... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 33

87 6 1
Bởi TwilightSiren

Hi! I'm back. How have you all been? Are you streaming Second Wind as much as I am? I love 7pm. Tell me what your favorite is in the comments below. Anyway, this chapter is going to be pretty crazy. It is going to involve some mature topics so please be mindful of that before diving in. That's pretty much all I have to say, so please enjoy!

"Hurry, hurry, hurry!" Seungkwan exclaims, pushing past the crowd that has gathered in the courtyard of the society palace.

"I'm moving as fast as I can!" Seungcheol shouts, "It's not like they can start without me there!"

"I bet you they will," Seungkwan yells back. Everyone has gathered around to see the first execution since a millennium ago take place. The vampires whisper and gossip to one another, pointing at the two vamps being tried. Soonyoung and Seokmin are in the center, being gawked at by the people. Both have chains wrapped around their bodies and their knees are pressed to the floor. Their heads hang low, but their eyes glance at each other every now and then. Standing nearby are the executioners, holding large machetes by their sides. The loud booming voice of the King echoes loudly as he goes over the crimes that have been broken. He continues to preach the importance of the society laws and the punishments that will be handed out if any were to be broken regardless of noble status. "That being said, I will not waste any more time in allowing these criminals to breathe," The King states, "The execution will begin!" The entire courtyard falls silent as they watch the executioners move closer to the tied up vamps. Soonyoung and Seokmin both squeeze their eyes shut and reach out for each other's hands. Their bodies are tense as they await the machete that will come crashing onto their necks. The executioners lift the weapons into the air, creating a menacing shadow that makes the audience shiver. They bring them down without a second of hesitation. "Stop!" Seungcheol bellows, finally pushing out of the crowd so that he now stands in the center. The vampires all stare at the crown prince in surprise and their whispers getting louder. The executioners freeze, the machetes inches from Soonyoung and Seokmin's necks. The two chained up vampires look up at their friend and breathe a sigh of relief. "What is the meaning of this?!" The King shouts, "Do not stop! These vampires have broken our law! They shall be punished accordingly!!!"

"You will stop because I have decided to pardon both of these so-called criminals," Seungcheol states loudly, "There will be no execution today." The crowd murmurs increase as the King's face starts to turn red and he glowers at his son. "You don't have the power to do such a thing!" The King says.

"Actually, I do," Seungcheol says calmly, "It's buried deep, deep down in one of the old journals kept during the makings of the new laws. A note taken by my great uncle prior to his passing. If you recall, he served on the advisory board and was one of the members to create the new laws and incite its boundaries. It clearly states in his words that the crown prince has the power to pardon a criminal if he sees fit."

"T-that...I have never heard of such a note within any of our law books!" The King stutters for a second before quickly recovering, "You must be making this up in a futile attempt to save your friend." The crowd gets even more restless as they watch their leader and his son argue, intrigued with the conversation and thus new information regarding the laws. Seungcheol shakes his head, "I am doing no such thing. If you would like to see the text, Wonwoo carries it with him right now. Where are you, Wonwoo?" The vampire in question raises his hand and clears his throat. He stands near the stage where the King and Queen sit upon their thrones with matching expressions of anger. The King's advisory board is situated behind the leaders, shuffling through their documents in a frenzy. The crowd all turn to look at the vampire and point at the old battered notebook clutched under Wonwoo's arm. "I repeat my earlier statement," Seungcheol says, "These two vampires have been pardoned by the crown prince himself. They shall not be executed and they will not suffer for breaking the law." The executioners and the audience all turn to look at the King, wondering what he will say about the crown prince's declaration. The leader of the vampires turns to look at his advisory board. They all shake their heads simultaneously, making the King tighten his hand into a fist and slam it onto the throne in anger. The crowd all jump and make sounds of surprise, staring at their leader. The King stiffens and takes a deep breath to compose himself. "Fine," The King states, "It seems we won't be having an execution today. That being said, I want you all to clear out of the courtyard this second!" The vampires don't hesitate, whether it be the advisors or the executioners, they all scramble out of the area. Seungcheol walks over to the two vampires still on the ground. He unties them and helps them both to their feet. "Thank you," Soonyoung murmurs, "Thank you so much." Seungcheol pats his friend on the shoulder and gestures for him to go to where the others are waiting near the door. "Take care of yourself and Seokmin," Seungcheol says, "Get yourselves situated." Soonyoung nods and clasps Seokmin's hand, gently tugging him towards his friends. Soon enough, all that is left in the area is the royal family. "I don't know what is wrong with you, Choi Seungcheol!" The Queen shouts, "Do you understand what you have just done!?"

"I merely saved two innocent vampires," Seungcheol states, "I don't think that warrants any scolding."

"Ha, really? Well, you're thinking is very misguided!" The Queen exclaims, "You have just made a fool of your father. How do you think it looks when the crown prince goes against the word of the King!?"

"I would assume not well," Seungcheol says with a blank expression on his face.

"Yes, your assumption is correct," The Queen huffs, "The people will begin to question our leadership! The very family that has led the society since the beginning! They will wonder if we are really fit to be the heads!"

"As they should," Seungcheol says.

"Excuse me," The Queen says in a surprised tone.

"They should question you. They shouldn't be subservient. They should wonder about the secrets the King and Queen have," Seungcheol states, "You hide things from them after all. The recent deaths. The influx of newborns. The faction..."

"I thought your father made it clear that you should not be talking about this made-up faction again," The Queen says, her nostrils flaring.

"Of course," Seungcheol says, "Just a slip of the tongue..." He looks at his parents with suspicion in his eyes, trying to exude the fact that he is on to them. The King and Queen faces remain blank, if they had noticed their son's message, they were choosing not to show it. "I am trying to understand you," The King states, "The actions that you have been exhibiting these past few months. It is unlike you."

"I guess a couple millennia of living changes you," Seungcheol says calmly, knowing that the only reason he's grown more comfortable in himself is due to Jihoon, "You couldn't have expected for me to remain the dutiful son until the day of your passing..."

The Queen shakes her head, "I thought I raised you better than this..."

"Raised me?" Seungcheol scoffs, "Please..."

The King frowns, "Did you just...that is not how you speak to your mother! That isn't how you speak to the Queen!!!"

"My apologies," Seungcheol says, slowly bowing in a way that was more mocking than respectful.

"Well, I never," The Queen says, titling her nose up with an air with disgust.

"You may yell at me or scold me or look down on me as much as you wish," Seungcheol states, "It will not make me regret my actions. It will not change my mindset about you or the society as a whole. And it will most definitely not make me return to the person I once was."

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Seungcheol knocks on the door and waits until he hears the soft voice of someone saying come in to enter. He slips into the room and shuts the door behind him. Seokmin flashes the crown prince a small smile from where he sits on the large bed. "How are you?" Seungcheol asks.

"Good," Seokmin says, his gaze flitting around his new quarters within the society.

"Is the room to your liking?" Seungcheol questions.

Seokmin nods, "It's much better than the dungeons..."

"Ah, yes, I apologize for that," Seungcheol says, "I never expected for you to be taken like that the second we entered the society. I still have yet to find who told my parents about you and Soonyoung."

"Don't worry about it, hyung," Seokmin says, "In the end, you were able to save us both. A couple of days in the dungeon is nothing compared to getting to live..." Seungcheol hums and looks at the newborn vampire. Seokmin has a soft smile on his face and his body appears relaxed, considering he was about to be killed. Nonetheless, there are subtle changes to the boy. His heartbeat is gone and his skin lighter than before, but other than that he retains the same disposition he did when Seungcheol first met him. "Were you scared?" Seungcheol asks.

"About what?" Seokmin questions.

"The execution...turning? All of it," Seungcheol says, "It must have been a lot at once." Seokmin sighs and shifts a bit where he sits. He nods his head and shrugs, "I guess a bit overwhelming. I mean...I knew you were going to save us. I had no doubt about it, but those machetes were close...I don't want to go through that again. As for turning into a vampire, it was honestly kinda underwhelming. Yeah...I mean it, becoming a vampire was probably the most boring thing that's happened these past few days. I don't know why. I guess I just expected it to be more painful and stuff. The only reason it wasn't is probably cause I had you and the others to help me during the transition...thanks for that by the way."

"We all want this place to feel like your home," Seungcheol says, "I know that it'll be hard. You've lived as a human for all your life and now you're a vampire...it's different. It will be difficult for you to adjust. If there's anything we can do to make it easier for you...or anything you need just ask. I will do what I can to help you."

"Can...can I see my brothers?" Seokmin asks in a hopeful tone, "I know it's against the law since I'm a vampire to interact with humans, but it's not like I would ever turn them or drink from them. I just want to see them again...to tell them I'm okay...they must be so heartbroken..."

Seungcheol nods, "I can bring you to Jihoon, but Chan...he doesn't know about vampires and I don't know whether or not you wish to tell him." Seokmin falls silent after that. Seungcheol watches him as a look of thought crosses the newborn vampire's face. "I...I guess it's better for him not to know," Seokmin murmurs.

"Are you sure?" Seungcheol asks.

Seokmin slowly nods, "He's probably really sad, but I don't want him to be exposed to this world. He deserves to live his life..."

"If that's what you want," Seungcheol says, "I'll arrange something with Jihoon as fast as I can."

"Thank you," Seokmin says, looking at the crown prince with sincerity, "For everything..."

That's it. You'll have to wait until a few weeks for the reunion and hopefully more fluffy moments. This one was sort of crazy and tense, but it all worked out in the end. Except Seungcheol and his parents aren't on good terms, so we'll have to see how that changes things. Cough cough. Anyway, enough spoiler esque things. I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and look forward for the next. Please vote, comment, follow me, add this story to your library and check out my Romance One-shots book. There will be a new Jicheol one-shot posted there next week. Until next time, Carats! Fighting~

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

95.3K 1.8K 28
❝how would you react to seeing your brother again?❞ first book i wrote, definitely the ugliest one. ㅡ completed ©sofilalaa · 2017 Highest ranks: #365...
221K 4.4K 67
*ONGOING* Just some Seventeen imagines filled with fluff, angst, sweet moments and more. Read to find out. Hope you enjoy! Highest Ranking: #1 at...
10.2K 233 39
•°♪•°That feeling when you desperately want something but you knew that you can't get it. So you go beyonds of the earth to get it.•°♪•° [COMPLETED]...
126K 2.5K 82
welcome to a carat y/n life! enjoy💕