Running in My Veins: Jicheol...

By TwilightSiren

Seungcheol has never felt before That is until he meets Jihoon And suddenly all of these emotions are floodi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 17

103 8 2
By TwilightSiren

Hello! I am back. The last chapter sort of ended really quickly and this one is a bit longer than the last. It picks up exactly where the last one left off. We also delve a bit more into vampires as I have made them in this AU, so please make sure to pay attention to that because it sets up a lot of what's to be expected and come in future chapters. That's all I have to say, so please enjoy this new chapter!

"You're serious," Jihoon says. He eyes the man, who doesn't seem to be showing any signs of lying to him. "Yes," Seungcheol says.

"Prove it," Jihoon states, a tad bit suspicious still. Can you blame him? How would you react if someone came up to you and said they're a vampire? It's something out of a story. Even if he saw the vampire esque bites on his neck, it doesn't make him a firm believer in the supernatural. If Seungcheol really is what he says he is, he needs to prove it. "Fine," Seungcheol says. He opens his mouth and tilts his head down so that Jihoon can get a good look at his teeth. Seungcheol's pearly whites start to extend and sharpen instantly until they become a picture perfect set of vampire teeth. Jihoon's eyes widen, "You are a vampire..." Seungcheol nods and allows his teeth to turn back to normal. He closes his mouth and locks eyes with Jihoon. "You won't drink my blood, will you?" Jihoon asks a bit nervously.

Seungcheol shakes his head, "Never."

"I guess that sort of explains what happened last night," Jihoon says, "A vampire was drinking my blood and you heard me scream and then came to save me. You shoved the vampire away and broke the door to get into my house to keep me safe..."

"Basically," Seungcheol states. Jihoon lets out a breath and runs a hand through his hair. "I...I can't believe this," Jihoon says, "I mean you're a vampire. Vampires are real. This is insane..."

"Yeah," Seungcheol murmurs, imagining how in shock Jihoon must feel.

"So...have you been lying to me the entire time I've known you?" Jihoon asks.

Seungcheol shrugs, "Yes and no. I told you the truth about most things. I've really never watched superhero movies or ate any of those foods you introduced me to. But, I'm not a chaebol...I'm a prince..."

"A prince? As in royalty? Vampire royalty?" Jihoon questions, "You have vampire royalty!?"

Seungcheol nods, "We all live in a secret society. It's run by the King and Queen. They're my parents and I'm the crown prince."

"A society of vampires..." Jihoon echoes, "I never would have guessed...I just assumed you were like bloodthirsty creatures who killed humans...no offense."

"None taken," Seungcheol states, "Humans have common misconceptions about our people. Like garlic and sunlight...those things are just made up..."

"What's real then?" Jihoon asks in a curious tone, "What are actual, real-life vampires like?" Seungcheol looks at the human, who glances back at him. The vampire wonders why the human hasn't run away yet. He would have expected for Jihoon to flip out and never want to see him again, but the human is sort of calm. Calmer than he should be considering he was just told about the existence of vampires. "How come you're not flipping out?" Seungcheol asks, "I just told you that I'm a vampire and you're asking me questions about my people...aren't you scared?"

"I am. Internally, but at the same time, not really," Jihoon says, "I mean. I should be. But...I'm not. You saved me last night...that means something...and you've had chances to kill me or my brothers before but you've been nothing but nice. Just cause you're a vampire doesn't mean you're a bad guy...right?" Seungcheol smiles, finding Jihoon absolutely amazing. He's so lucky to have almost been hit by this human out of billions. "What do you want to know?" Seungcheol asks.

"Everything," Jihoon states, "If you can tell me everything that is..."

Seungcheol nods, "Well, there are some things that human got right about vampires. We do drink blood, but in our society it is against the law to drink directly from a human. We get our blood from blood bags provided to us by our human allies."

"You have human allies?" Jihoon questions.

"Yeah, a few trusted human families who help us out," Seungcheol says, "On the other hand, there are hunters. People who attack my kind. We used to have very bad tension with them, but because of the recent laws we were able to come to an understanding. We don't kill humans and the hunters don't kill us."

"Can you be killed?" Jihoon asks, "You said garlic doesn't work on you."

"It doesn't, but silver does," Seungcheol states, "To defeat a vampire you must either chop its head off or stab it with silver. You can also use a wooden stake, but it isn't guaranteed to take out a vampire. We've had cases where a vamp was stabbed with a wooden stake only to awaken again in a few minutes."

"That's nuts," Jihoon mutters, "Then again, everything about this is nuts.

"Welcome to the life of a vampire," Seungcheol says.

"Tell me more about this society you live in," Jihoon says, "I can't believe that vampires follow laws..."

Seungcheol nods, "The way our society is run is similar to a monarchy. The King is the one who makes and passes the laws with careful consideration with his personal board of advisors. We have our lords and ladies. People with pure vampire blood. Attendees and guards as well, who work to serve the pure blooded and guard the royals. And, of course, our run of the mill vampires. They are our citizens...people who were turned instead of being born a vampire..."

"Turned..." Jihoon murmurs, "Like that guy who attacked me yesterday?"

"Yes," Seungcheol says, "That vampire that went after you is one that we refer to as a newborn. A human that was recently changed into a vampire."

"How does that work?" Jihoon asks, "Being turned into a vampire?"

"When a human is first bit, it doesn't take effect until after twenty-four hours. As time passes, the human will begin to exhibit our vampire tendencies and qualities. Newborns need to be supplied blood instantly after their turning process is completed or else risk them becoming bloodthirsty and violent," Seungcheol explains, "That is what happened to the newborn that went after you. Whoever turned him, didn't stick around to give him blood."

"Why is that?" Jihoon asks, "If you turn a human, aren't they your responsibility?"

"Yes, but it is against the law to turn a human," Seungcheol says, "I assume the vampire who did it realized this and fled."

"You have a lot of laws regarding humans," Jihoon comments.

"We do, don't we?" Seungcheol says, "My father doesn't like humans much. He wants to limit all interaction with them as possible. That's why, although he allows the vampires to go to the human world, they aren't allowed to interact with any human. It is against the law."

"You're interacting with me," Jihoon states.

Seungcheol grins, "I know, but I am the crown prince. What will my father do? Jail me? I am his heir after all..."

"Still...you're the prince. You broke a lot of laws," Jihoon says.

"Maybe, I did," Seungcheol says, "But, I think it was worth it."

"Why?" Jihoon asks.

"Cause...if I hadn't I wouldn't have gotten to meet you," Seungcheol answers, "And I would break every rule in the book just for you, Jihoon..." Jihoon can't help but smile at Seungcheol's cheesy line. He stares at Seungcheol as he speaks, "I have this preconception in my mind of what a vampire should be and its just not you. I know I should be shocked and stuff. I probably should be running away and screaming my head off. But, I can't do that. I can't cause your Choi Seungcheol. You're the one I almost ran over and the person that has been nicer to me than any other stranger ever has. The person that I think I could spend eternity talking to just cause I can. You're a vampire and that's absolutely crazy, but to me...you're still you. Just cause you're a vampire doesn't change how I think or see or feel about you...it hasn't changed anything about you in my eyes..." Jihoon looks at Seungcheol with a genuine expression on his face. Seungcheol looks back at him and feels his face flood with warmth, something that he's never felt his entire life. Even now that he knows everything, Jihoon still sees Seungcheol as himself and not as a bloodsucking monster. If only all humans were like Jihoon, but then again he is one of a kind. "How do you feel about me?" Seungcheol questions. Jihoon's eyes widen at his words and he shifts a little. He takes a deep breath and locks eyes with the vampire. "I...I like you, Seungcheol," Jihoon says, "Vampire prince or not." Seungcheol doesn't answer right away, shocked at his words. He didn't expect anything from Jihoon. Especially after he found out that Seungcheol is a vamp. He thought that if the human even had any affections for him, they would have faded away. After all, who would want to date a vampire? But, of course, Jihoon is different. He's always been different. "I like you too," Seungcheol says, a grin tugging at the corner of his lips.

Jihoon smiles, "Look at us...the vampire and the human. We're like a YA novel come to life..."

"Humans write stories about vampire and human relationships?" Seungcheol questions. Jihoon nods and chuckles at the vampire's confused expression. "It's a fan favorite," Jihoon says, "The human comes across this dark-brooding vampire and sparks fly the second their eyes meet. Even though their affections are forbidden, they can't seem to care when they hold each other close."

"That sounds ridiculous and unrealistic," Seungcheol states.

Jihoon chuckles, "It is."

"Jihoon...I hope you know that I don't want to rush into anything with you," Seungcheol says in a serious tone, "I just wanted to make my feelings for you clear."

"I know. I wanted the same," Jihoon says, "I wasn't planning on kissing you or anything crazy anytime soon either."

"Is it because of who I am?" Seungcheol asks.

Jihoon shakes his head, "Not in the way you think. I just feel like we have a lot more to learn about each other. This proves that. I'm in no rush for anything and you're definitely not in a rush, so I think we should take this...whatever this is...slow."

"I would be okay with that," Seungcheol says, "I'm more than happy with there being a this between us at all."

Eeeeek, Jicheol are together! No more couple crazy angst....or will there be? I guess you'll just have to read and find out to see. I hope that you are enjoying this story so far. There is still a lot to come so please look forward to it. It would mean a lot to me if you all could comment, follow me, vote, add this story to your library, and check out my Kpop One-shots book. Until the next chapter, I hope you have a great day!

P.S. I got SVT tickets! Ack, I'm so excited. I've been to their concert before and it was just so much fun and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to get to go again. I'm going to Newark, is there anyone else going?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 12.8K 43
❝joshua should stop hurting me nah, he won't❞ ─ his first fan becomes his first love warning; cliche af
2.6K 108 8
"it's been six years, Jisoo hyung. Isn't that enough for you, to love me instead?" Hong Jisoo now has Lee Seokmin who loves and cherishes him with al...
95.3K 1.8K 28
❝how would you react to seeing your brother again?❞ first book i wrote, definitely the ugliest one. ㅡ completed ©sofilalaa · 2017 Highest ranks: #365...
69.4K 3K 18
He was suffering, and the constant stinging in his throat wasn't the problem. In fact, looking at them hug, hold hands, and exchange their love, was...