Running in My Veins: Jicheol...

By TwilightSiren

Seungcheol has never felt before That is until he meets Jihoon And suddenly all of these emotions are floodi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 6

152 10 1
By TwilightSiren

Hello! I am back with another chapter. Before we get into it, can we all die over the amazingness of Lee Jihoon. I am just stunned. Ruby is everything that I hoped it could be. I had no idea what to expect, but it was just everything I could possibly have wanted. I loved the love band version released yesterday too. I hope they give us more content for Ruby. Did you guys all enjoy it as much as I did? Let me know in the comments. I don't have much else to say, so please enjoy chapter 6!!!

"Hyung!" Seokmin exclaims with a wide grin as Jihoon opens the door. The young man drops his bags and rushes towards Jihoon. He grabs his older brother and lifts him into the air. He squeezes him tight, making Jihoon cough. "S-seokmin!" Jihoon whines, "Put m-me down!"

"But, it's been months since I've last seen you in person!" Seokmin says, "I'm Jihoon hyung deprived."

"I missed you too, but I can't b-breath!" Jihoon says. Seokmin's eyes widen and he quickly lowers Jihoon to the floor. He releases his hyung and flashes him a sheepish glance, "Sorry. I guess I am a bit excited."

Jihoon nods and clears his throat, "It's fine. Just don't use me as a human squishy again."

"Thanks for helping guys!" Chan exclaims as he steps into the apartment, his arm filled with his bags and his brothers. The two turn to face the youngest of the three and help him bring the stuff inside. Jihoon locks the front door as Seokmin and Chan make their way further into the apartment. "Same room as last time?" Chan asks.

Jihoon nods, "You remember where it is, yeah?" The two brothers nod and head towards the room they stayed in last time when they were last here. Jihoon's apartment isn't huge, but it thankfully has two rooms and two bathrooms. It's a good enough space to sustain the three Lee brothers. "Hey, hyung," Chan calls out from the room, "How did riding Daniel hyung's motorcycle go?"

"Ah, about that," Jihoon says, "It's a bit of a story actually." He makes his way into the kitchen and opens the fridge. He grabs three cans of soda and places them on the countertop. He shuts the fridge before taking one of the cans and opening it. He sips on it as Chan walks into the kitchen. "Oooo, did you say story?" Seokmin questions, making his way over. Jihoon nods and gestures at the soda cans, which Seokmin and Chan both take. "It started off well," Jihoon explains, "I thought that everything would be fine, but then as I'm nearing the cafe, I make a turn and I almost hit this man." Chan and Seokmin's eyes widen and they look to Jihoon, curious as to what happened next. "He was, thankfully, okay," Jihoon says, "I wanted to make up for it so I bought him a meal and we talked for a bit."

"I can't believe you almost killed someone!" Chan cries, "He didn't sue you...did he?"

Jihoon shakes his head, "He said he's a chaebol of sorts, so I was surprised, but he insisted that he was sort of glad that I almost ran into him."

"That's nuts," Seokmin says, "Who would be happy about almost being hit by a bike?"

Jihoon shrugs, "He was something else. Like he's never had jajangmyeon before and he doesn't know a lot of slang. It was kinda cute now that I think of it. Anyway...at first he was sort-of stand offish, but as we continued to chat he really started to open up to me. I don't know but it kinda felt like we connected in some way. I know we just met, but there's something about him that won't let me stop thinking about him."

"If I didn't know any better," Seokmin says, "You have a crush in him." Jihoon's eyes widen and he shakes his head. He places the soda can down and sighs, "I just met him. I can't have a crush on him. I barely know him."

"So, it's not a crush," Chan says, "But, it's definitely infatuation or something. You're attracted to the dude you almost ran over. I would know. You sound just like Seokmin hyung did when he met that guy at the park."

"What guy?" Jihoon asks, looking at Seokmin, who turns bright red.

He waves his hand to blow it off and chuckles nervously, "It's another story for another time. We're not talking about me. We're talking about this man that's captured my hyung's heart."

Jihoon scoffs, "I wouldn't say captured my heart."

"What would you call it then? Love at first sight?" Chan says with a teasing tone. Jihoon huffs and glares at his younger brother, who flashes him a cheeky grin. Seokmin laughs at his older brother's expression, "You can't deny it. We know you best, hyung."

Jihoon sighs and shakes his head, "I could say anything and you would still tease me endlessly."

"That's not true," Chan says.

"Yeah, right," Jihoon states.

"What's his name anyway?" Seokmin asks.

"Seungcheol," Jihoon answers, "Choi Seungcheol."

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Thanks Joshua, I appreciate it," Seungcheol says. He stands at the doorway of his only human friend's home. Joshua is a human that is aware of the existence of vampires. That is due to the fact that his family is a long-time ally of the vampire society. They are the ones that supply the vampires with their blood, taking positions as doctors or blood donation workers. Joshua is a doctor that somehow came to befriend the crown prince of the vampires through their mutual friend Jeonghan. Seungcheol was extremely wary about the human at first, but Joshua has a heart of gold and the sweetest smile. There's something about him that gives off a gentle aura even though he's stealing blood to give to supernatural monsters. "You're welcome," Joshua smiles at him, "I'm glad that I could be of help."

Seungcheol nods, "I wish our other allies were as willing as to offer their homes as safe houses as you are."

"Ah, well, I am doing this more because you are my friends and not because I am an ally of your people," Joshua says.

"Yeah," Seungcheol murmurs.

"It's good to see you again, Seungcheol," Joshua says, "You never come to visit me. I'm always going out to meet you or video chatting or something."

"Sorry about that," Seungcheol says, "I don't really like leaving the society."

"Jeonghan tells me that may change," Joshua says in a suggestive tone.

Seungcheol groans, "He told you?"

"That you became smitten with a human?" Joshua says, "Yup. I was shocked. Since when has Seungcheol done anything like this?"

"The new and improved one, I guess," Seungcheol says with a shrug, "The one that suggests projects and yells at his parents."

"Hey, it worked out in the end," Joshua says, "You figured it out. The safe houses are in place and you completed your project."

Seungcheol nods, "Yeah...hopefully my father will be happy. Who knows maybe he'll let me lead more of these sorts of things. Probably not...but wishful thinking." Joshua nods, knowing already how strict the King is with his son. Seungcheol sighs and glances down at the watch sitting on his wrist. He's still got another hour before he's supposed to meet up with Mingyu at the train. He somehow was able to shake off his bodyguard, so that he could complete this project by himself. He had promised Mingyu that he would stay safe and come back as soon as he is done. Now that he is done, he's not so sure that he wants to go. The entire time that he was here, his mind has been elsewhere. He had denied it with his friends, but the second he was back in the human world his mind went straight to Jihoon. He couldn't help it. He had thought that as he worked on the project, his mind would be so focused that he would forget. Well, he didn't. He kept thinking about Jihoon. Even now. "So, are you heading back?" Joshua asks, "Or are you planning on visiting your human?"

"Hm," Seungcheol mutters, "Maybe."

"I'll leave you to it," Joshua says, "I'll talk to you later, Cheol." The vampire nods as Joshua takes a step back inside and closes the door. Seungcheol turns around and starts walking down the sidewalk. As he does, he starts to listen. He tunes out the other noise of the world around him, trying to hone in on the voice of Lee Jihoon. It takes him less than a second to find the voice of the human. "Will you two stop it?!" Jihoon exclaims, "You are not allowed to search him up online or on social media!"

"Hyung!" Another voice exclaims, "We just want to see what he looks like."

"You liar," Jihoon states, "You just want to tease me more."

"We told you we would never!" A different voice says.

"Please, Lee Chan, I know you," Jihoon says, "Now, let it go. I never should have told you his name." Seungcheol frowns, wondering who Jihoon could be talking about. There's a part of him that thinks it's him, but another that believes Jihoon is talking about some other human. Seungcheol sighs and glances down at his watch. He still has time, might as well check to see who the human is talking about. In a blur, Seungcheol is gone, leaving Joshua's place and appearing in front of an apartment that he is sure belongs to Jihoon. He looks to the side of the door and finds the doorbell. He presses it and waits for the door to be opened. Seungcheol can hear footsteps coming from inside followed by the sound of a lock being opened. The vampire takes a deep breath as the door is opened by Jihoon. "S-Seungcheol?" Jihoon stutters, not having expected him to be here.

"Hey, Jihoon," Seungcheol says with a smile.

"How did you find me?" Jihoon asks.

Seungcheol shrugs, "Lucky guess." Jihoon blinks, not knowing what to make out of that. "Hyung! Who is it?" A voice calls out from inside the apartment.

"No one!" Jihoon yells back.

Seungcheol raises his eyebrow, "I'm no one..."

"No! Of course not," Jihoon exclaims quickly, "I just...it's my little brothers and if they know it's you that's here they're going to tease me and stuff."

"Why would they tease you?" Seungcheol asks.

Jihoon sighs, "No reason. What are you doing here?"

"You said you wanted to see me again, so here I am," Seungcheol states, "I couldn't stop thinking about you." Jihoon's eyes widen and his cheeks start to fill with color. "Jihoon hyung!" Another voice shouts, "If it's no one, why are you talking to them!?!"

"Can I come inside?" Seungcheol asks, "I can't stay long, but I would love to spend some time with you."

"I...uh...sure," Jihoon stutters before stepping to the side. Seungcheol flashes the human a smile before entering his apartment. He looks around the place, finding it a quaint and oddly fitting place for Jihoon to stay. The human shuts the door before facing Seungcheol. "Come in," Jihoon says. Seungcheol nods, slipping off his shoes and following Jihoon deeper into his home. Two other humans, who Seungcheol assumes are Jihoon's brothers are sprawled out on the couch. The vampire waves at them as they both flash him curious looks. "This is Chan and Seokmin," Jihoon says to him, "They're my younger brothers visiting from Busan."

"Who is this, hyung?" Chan asks.

Jihoon scratches the back of his neck, "This is Seungcheol."

"Nice to meet you," Seungcheol says with a soft smile, "Jihoon's told me a bit about you two..."

"Seungcheol? Choi Seungcheol?" Seokmin asks, "As in the person that my brother almost ran over and has a cr-." Before he can finish talking, Jihoon tackles his younger brother and covers his mouth with his hand. "Uh, yeah," Seungcheol says.

Chan scans his body up and down, "Hm, not bad Jihoon. He's not butt-ugly." Seungcheol eyes widen at his words and Jihoon kicks his brother in the stomach making him groan. Jihoon flashes Seungcheol an apologetic look, "I'm sorry about them. They don't know when to shut up." He gives his brothers a cold look that could kill. Seokmin and Chan shiver at the expression that their hyung gives to them. Seungcheol smiles, "All good. You three seem close."

"The closest," Jihoon says.

"Yeah," Chan says, "So close that instead of being nice and introducing us to your boyfriend, you attack us!" Seungcheol can't help, but snicker. Jihoon, on the other hand, doesn't find it funny at all. He growls, "Lee Chan!" Jihoon huffs as he tries to grab into him, but fails as Chan stands from where he sits on the couch. Jihoon, not expecting this, falls from the couch and onto the floor in a thud. Chan flashes his brother a cheeky grin before making a mad dash towards his room. Seokmin lets out a sigh of relief now that Jihoon is off of him and on the floor. He slowly sneaks away, making a beeline to the same room. Jihoon shakes his head and runs a hand through his hair. Seungcheol walks up to him and offers his hand which Jihoon doesn't hesitate to take. "Boyfriend, huh?" Seungcheol questions.

Jihoon groans as he gets back to his feet, "Kill me now..." He buries his face in his hands as Seungcheol chuckles. "I'm really sorry about all of this," Jihoon murmurs, "I understand if you want to leave and stuff."

"Why would I want to do that?" Seungcheol asks.

Jihoon looks at him with wide eyes, "I...just thought that with my brothers saying those things it would've weirded you out or something."

"No," Seungcheol says, "It doesn't. Does it weird you out?" The vampire looks into the eyes of the human, whose face is becoming even more flushed. Jihoon coughs and quickly diverts his gaze, "Uh...uh...um..."

"Cute," Seungcheol states. He doesn't know why he is saying it. He doesn't want to give the human the wrong idea, but he finds Jihoon adorable. He's flustered and his face is this pretty shade of pink that makes his eyes stand out. It's alluring. "Seungcheol..." Jihoon murmurs, still not understanding the man or what is going on here. The vampire looks right into Jihoon's eyes, giving him his full attention. "Yeah," Seungcheol says. Jihoon shifts nervously where he stands, anxious for some reason. He takes a deep breath before looking back at Seungcheol, trying to control his emotions. "Do you want something to drink?" Jihoon asks. Seungcheol isn't one to enjoy human drinks, but he finds himself nodding his head and trailing after the human like a lost puppy. He enters Jihoon's kitchen and is handed an open can of soda. "I opened it for you," Jihoon says, "I hope you don't mind."

"Nope," Seungcheol says, "I wouldn't know how to open it anyway."

"I thought so," Jihoon says, a little bit more relaxed now.

"How old are Seokmin and Chan?" Seungcheol asks.

"Ah," Jihoon says, "Seokmin is in college and Channie is in high school."

Seungcheol nods, "Do they visit you often?"

"Whenever they can," Jihoon answers, "I told you a bit about my family, right."

"Yeah, you said that they're extremely superstitious and stuff," Seungcheol says.

"Exactly," Jihoon says, "They are a bit much at times. They push their strong beliefs onto us and we don't agree with it much to their annoyance. As soon as I moved out, I told my younger brothers that they could come visit anytime they needed to get away."

"That's nice of you," Seungcheol says.

Jihoon shrugs, "They're my younger brothers. I still love them to death. They're probably the only reason that I was able to survive in my insane ass family."

"You're lucky," Seungcheol says, "I wish I had siblings that I could depend on."

"You would regret saying that when you find out that they can also be extremely annoying," Jihoon says with a light laugh.

"Still," Seungcheol says, "I'm sure that when your parents were driving you nuts...they were the only ones that could ever understand."

Jihoon hums, "Yeah, Seokmin and Chan are my crutches. They're my everything." His gaze tilts towards the room where his two younger brothers are currently hiding out. He has a look of affection on his face that Seungcheol is quick to pick up. The vampire can't help but be happy that Jihoon has people like his brothers to take care of him. Jihoon deserves the best in the world and his brothers make sure he gets it. Seungcheol lets his eyes flit to Jihoon's face which radiates pure love for his siblings. He finds it beautiful. Something unlike anything he's ever seen. Just another part of Jihoon that Seungcheol can't help but be intrigued by. Suddenly, a loud ringing breaks the silence that has fallen over the room. Seungcheol jumps before remembering that he's been given a phone to carry out his mission and to track him in case he decides to disappear again. He reaches into his pocket and takes the phone out. He answers the call and places it to his ear. "Where the hell are you?" Mingyu asks, "It's time to go. I swear if you got yourself hit by another motorcycle! I never should have let you go alone!"

"Calm down, Mingyu," Seungcheol says, "I just made a quick stop somewhere. I'll be there in a couple minutes."

"Quick stop? Where?" Mingyu asks, "Are you with Jihoon?" Seungcheol looks down at the human beside him, who glances back at him with curious eyes. "Yes," Seungcheol states.

"You went to see him!" Mingyu exclaims, "This definitely confirms it! You like him!"

Seungcheol sighs, "Goodbye, Mingyu."

"Wait, I need to know the details!" Mingyu calls out before Seungcheol pulls the phone away from his ear and hangs up. He turns to Jihoon and smiles at him. "I have to go," Seungcheol says.

Jihoon nods, "I understand. You said you couldn't stay long."

"I'm sorry," Seungcheol says, "I would've loved to stick around and talk more."

Jihoon smiles, "Don't be. I'm happy that we got to speak at all." The two both start walking back to the front of the house. Seungcheol slips his shoes on as Jihoon unlocks the door. Seungcheol exits the apartment and turns to look back at Jihoon, "Thank you for having me."

"Thank you for coming," Jihoon says, "When will I see you again?"

"Maybe, soon," Seungcheol states, even though he doesn't even know if or when he will return to the human world. But, he's glad he said those words because Jihoon smiles at them. "Well," Jihoon says, a bit shyly, "Maybe, when I do see you again we can talk some more."

"I'd like that," Seungcheol says with a faint smile on his face, "I'll see you, Lee Jihoon."

"Bye, Choi Seungcheol," Jihoon says.

Seungcheol meets the brothers! Yeah! I love the Lee line's dynamic in this story. It's like one of my favorite elements of this story. I hope you like it just as much as I do. I know nothing crazy has happened yet, but there is more to come, so please look forward to it. Oh, and we have the introduction of Joshua!!! Did I tell you guys yet? Oh, yeah, I did. Excuse me as I die over it again. Shua replied to my weverse comment!!! I am still freaking out over it. It's been over a week 😅. Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. It would mean a lot of you could comment, vote, follow me, add this chapter to your library, and check out my other books here on Wattpad. I hope you all have an absolutely amazing day! Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.5K 5.5K 34
"I am not working with, him." In which Mingyu has to do his school project with the special kid. @vernonslotion Started:171118 Finished: 180818 #1 in...
5.7K 234 10
*Editing ongoing * " You know , I thought you were a good guy seeing you on screen " " That's why reality is bitter , Ms Yoon !" he left with the c...
126K 2.5K 82
welcome to a carat y/n life! enjoy💕
35.6K 1.9K 19
"why is the moon bleeding?" ©︎brosvt :: 2k17 - 2k23