High On Life

By bejeweled_30

Nida Khan's got everything a girl could possibly want; riches, style, popularity, charm, A grades, and a far... More

1: New School
2: Being Nice
3: Butthurt
4: Unexpected Weekend
5: Getting To Know You
6: Meeting The DhoomBros
7: Hints
8: Je T'aime......Pas !
9: Saviour Or Tormentor
10: The Race And Its Aftermath
11: I'll Take Care Of You
12: Birthday
13: Party Catastrophe
14: Teddy Bear And.....Secrets?
15: The Challenge
16: Bipolarity At Its Utmost Peak
17: Bromance Or Romance?
18: Sheer Disbelief
19: Words Which We Never Said
20: Love Triangle?
21: Shocker
22: Destiny In A Mere Paper
23: Fate Revealed
24: Nighttime Romance Gone Wrong
25: High On Love
26: School Madness
27: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 1)
Author's Note
28: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 2)
29: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 3)
30: Confused
31: Love And Family
32: The Concealed
33: Agreement And Tension
34: Revelation Of The Truth
35: Good Times
36: The Engagement (Part 1)
37: The Engagement (Part 2)
38: Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gaye
39: Affliction
40: The Fault In His Love
41: Little Moments
42: Numb....
43: The Unexpected Bend In Our Road
44: Seven Days....Seven Decades
45: Sajna Teri Judaai.... Meinu Raas Na Aayi
46: Day One At Camp
47: Just One Chance?
48: Another Day, Another Memory
49: A Departing Soul's Secret Wish
50: The Truth Was Out
51: The 'To Be's' Outing
52: Masquerade Ball
53: Qubool Hai
54: Feels
55: Lost The Battle
56: First Time
57: Bailed Out
Author's Note
58: Losing It
59: The Inevitable
60: Judaai
61: Untold Memories
62: Unanswered
63: Did Time Really Heal Both Ends?
64: Hope?
65: The Plan
66: Pleasing Awkwardness
67: We Found 'Us'
69: Love Makes Life Live
70: New Year, New Beginning
71: Crucial Meet With The Truth
72: Back To All That Once Existed
73: Shidzi Ever After
74: Blessed
Epilogue
Author's Note
Fam Jam

68: His Love Potion Worked

4.3K 215 360
By bejeweled_30

"Nida !" I could hear him call me from the living room, I put back the book I was reading and exited my room to see what he wanted.

"Yeah?" I asked, entering the living room and saw him seated on the sofa with a rather serious look on his face.

"Where's my phone? Remember I gave it to you at uni?" He said.

"It's in my handbag, did you check?" I asked, sitting down beside him.

"I did." He just blankly responded.

I but my lip in confusion at his strange mood. "Well, did you......find it?"

He nodded. "Yeah. I did.....But I also found something else." His voice growing a little stern at the end and I gulped down my nervousness.

He raised a leaf of my anti-depressants that I bought a few days back, in between our faces and I shut my eyes, trying to calm my nerves at the sight.

Shit !

"Why Nida?" He asked quietly and I just stayed silent.

"Shehry I don't...owe you an explanation for this. So please." I just looked down and got off the sofa, but so did he.

"What do you mean you don't owe me an explanation? Why the fuck are you doing this to yourself ?!" He raised his voice and I clenched my fists in furiosity as he stood in front of me.

"I understand that you think I'm your wife, but I still don't have proof of it yet, so stop acting all caressive as a husband !!" I yelled.

"What the fuck do you mean ?! You're living with me ! And though I might not be your husband, it still affects me ! It affects me Nida! Why do you not understand ?!" He clenched his jaw in anger.

"But that still gives you no right to interfere in my personal life matters !" I scowled.

"It does Nida." His tone turned soft. "I care about you, and can't see you suffer like this. It's too painful for me even if I am or am not your husband." He looked down and a tear slipped off his right eye, and my heart cringed on the inside.

I was getting those urges again. This depression......My head ached as I tried to hold in my urge to take those anti-anxiety.....life killers.

He looked up at me and tears streamed down my face with a terrible pain inside me. One that only taking those pills could get rid of.

"Shehryaar.....I need those pills." I whispered and he looked at me in disbelief.

"Shehry please." I fell down at his feet and cried as my head and heart ached like hell in desperation of fulfilling my painful desire, or should I say.....an endless need that it had now become.

He just stood there, not saying a word and it stabbed me even more. I couldn't hold in the torment I was facing, any longer and dashed to my room.

I hastily rummaged through the drawers to find those few that I kept inside but they weren't there.

I cried louder and screamed my heart out in pain and he came into the room, running.

Unable to control myself, I grabbed his collar in rage. "Where the fuck did you put them ?! Where the fuck !! Are my pills ?!!" I screamed with my throat almost tearing apart.

"You'll never see them again." He whispered yanking me harshly off his collar as I fell to the ground.

I cried on the floor, helpless, as my vision grew blurry. I held my head which was exploding with excruciating pain. I punched the ground unable to hold in any longer and just dashed to the kitchen, with him following me.

"And you'll never see me again !!" I yelled as I held the knife perpendicular to my stomach and emptied my eyes out in pain.

And right when I was about to jab it it into me and end my life, his hand swiftly grabbed it, throwing it away.

"Why did you do that ?!! Marne do na mujhe!!!" I bawled.

And right that instant he jerked me into his arms, hugging the life out of my broken soul.

I kept on punching his chest as I cried bitterly against it. "Why did you...fuckin' do that ?!! Why why ?!!"

"Jeene to de nahi rahay, kam se kam...m..marne do mujhe. Kiyun kar rahay ho aise? Why Shehry?" I weeped against his chest.

He pulled my face away from his chest, holding it tightly in his hands, his fingers digging into my head. His bloodshot, teary eyes boring into mine.

"Because I don't want to lose you." He whispered through gritted teeth.

"Why...W..why me?" I sobbed and he gripped my face even harder.

He shut his eyes and let an impatient tear fall off from his closed eyelid.

"Sh..Shehry mujhe...."

"Kiyun karti ho yeh sab Nida? Kiyun leti ho woh drugs?" He asked, opening his eyes.

My lips shivered as I spoke. "M..mein mama aur papa ke paas jaana ch..chahti hoon. Jab bhi unka khayaal a...aata hai to de...depression hota hai. Dard hota hai mujhe Shehryaar. Aisa dard jo...jo tum kabhi samajh nahi paaoge." I weeped.

He pulled me in his arms back again as I cried silently into him. He dropped down to the ground with me still in his arms.

"Please mujhe mat roko Shehry. Please. Mein marr jaaoungi to unn se mil pa...paaoungi. Let me die...please." I whimpered and felt his heartbeat rise.

He pulled me back as a few tears of his fell to the ground at what I said.

"Tum marr gayi to mein zinda nahi reh paaounga, Nida. Mein bhi marr jaaounga. Tumhaari jaan ab mujh mein bhi hai....." I was stunned at his words.

He sobbed. "Kisi aur ke liye nahi to...to meray liye jee lo. Agar tumhaare nahi to...m..meray to maa baap hain na, jo...... apni saari zindagi tardpeinge agar mujhe kuch ho gaya to. Unhein apne maa baap ki jaga rakh ke hi soch lo ke kitna dard hoga unhein, jaise....jaise tumhaare maa aur baap ko ho raha ho ga. Woh apni qabron(graves) mein tardap rahay honge, ro rahay honge tumhein aise dekh kar." He threw his head in his hands as he cried deeply.

I put my arms around his neck and pulled him to me. He cried against my chest as I tried to comfort him by rubbing my hands across his back.

He pulled back slightly and I wiped away his tears with my thumbs.

"Please mat jao." He whimpered through his shaky lips and I looked away, fresh new tears eluding down my lashlines.

He turned my face to his and just stared at me for a minute.

"You're gonna hate me for this." He whispered and in an instant grabbed the back of my head, leaned in and kissed my lips.

I froze in place as his warm lips rubbed against mine, making my heart fall out of my chest. I couldn't hold myself back a second longer and immediately wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him back as my tears did not seem to stop for even a mere second.

We kissed harder and more deeply as if longing for each other for a lifetime. This is so terribly wrong but I just...couldn't hold back. He is too strong. His love....is too powerful.

His hands clutched my shirt tightly as our hearts pounded wildly against each other, our lips in complete sync with one another. It seemed as if I had this feeling before. As if I had kissed him...before.

I couldn't breathe and so he pulled away and we both breathed heavily onto each other's faces.

Did I kiss him back in High School when he was my crush?......No no no.

He peered into my eyes and I stared right back into his.

"Why did you kiss me?" I asked in a whisper, still panting.

He shifted his hand from my waist to my cheek. "Because I want to make you believe in me. I know how hard it is for you to absorb the fact that I'm your husband, but I know you will, someday, when I give you proof of our marriage."

I felt a strange adrenaline rush through my body and I knew what it was now. All this time that I had been facing in this one month spent with him.

I put my hand on his that was placed on my cheek and whispered. "I don't need proof anymore. I believe in your love for me. Nobody could've ever made me feel this special, this loved, this much cared for."

He just stared into my eyes as if searching for an explanation to all that I said and I smiled slightly, giving him his answer.

"I.....I've fallen in love with you Shehryaar. Deeply, Badly..... Insanely."

He couldn't believe I had just said that, so I smiled a little, trying to make him believe that I had.

"And I've fallen in love with you too. All over again. Much more deeply than the last time. You've become my everything to me, Nida. My...." He trailed off and kissed my forehead, completing. "....everything."

He stood up and lent me a hand which I grabbed without the slightest bit of hesitation and he pulled me up into him, wrapping his arms around me as I encircled mine over his shoulders, hugging him back.

I felt my eyes pool up again and I sniffed. "Please help me Shehry. I can't let go of these....drugs."

"You trust me?" He asked pulling me back.

"I spent one month with a complete stranger in his house and fell in love with him. If that's not trust then I don't know what is." I replied looking deeply into his brown eyes.

"Then trust me, I'll pull you out of this hell. I promise." He caressed my cheek and then hugged me again.

His touch was so soothing, so assuring. It was like a glue, that mended every bit of my soul that this world had disintegrated.

We pulled away and he grabbed my hand leading me out of the kitchen. He took me to his room and seated me down on his bed. Putting his arm around me, he looked at me and I looked down, quietly placing my head on his shoulder.

"Are you feeling okay right now?" He asked quietly and I just nodded.

"Do you feel like taking those drugs?" He asked again.

"No." I shook my head and lifted it off his shoulder.

"Nida, my younger brother and his fiancé are coming to LA today, from New York. Meray saath airport chalo gi unhein receive karne?" He asked and I nodded with a smile.

"I'd love to meet them." I put my hand on his and he smiled back. "Your brother's engaged?" I asked, confused a bit since he used the term 'younger'.

"Yeah. He...just got engaged a week back. Him and his fiancé are coming here for university which will start in a month." He explained with a sudden change in expression on his face as he looked at the ground.

"Shehry?" I turned his face to mine. "What's wrong?" He just shook his head and smiled.

I ran my hand through his hair and kissed his forehead, making him sigh.

He was more than just happy. I could feel it. And the best part....I was the reason for his happiness.

Hussain's POV:

"Sain, the plane's landing in a few minutes, put on your seatbelt." She spoke and I sighed, putting on my seatbelt.

"Hussain. Don't tell me you're still mad at Shehry for not attending our engagement." She made a face.

"Hafu please yaar. I don't wanna talk about it." I turned away and she sighed putting her hand on mine, making me turn back to her face.

"It's not his fault yaar, he..."

"He's my freakin' brother. Biwi itni important thi usse ke hum bhaaiyon ke rishtay ka bhi paas nahi rakha uss ne?" I said, with my blood boiling in me for the fiftieth time this week over the same thought.

Yes, I was mad. I mean aik din ke liye bhi nahi aa saka woh. Meri khushi se ziada biwi hi azeez hai usse apni.

She ran her fingers through my hair and I sighed again, trying to calm myself down.

"Hussain, it's not his fault yaar. Uss ki university thi, aik bara film project hai jiss ka woh assisstant director hai, aur...Nida ko bhi uss ki bohat zaroorat thi. Apne bhai ki situation ko samjho Hussain. Uss ne....yeh sab...jaan pooch kar thori na kiya hai. Aur waise bhi uss ne humaari shaadi thori na miss ki. Khafa mat ho yaar. Uss ki shokhi bakri ho tum. Yeh bewafaai tumhein suit nahi karti jaan." She winked.

I just looked away. "Shaadi ka bhi koi pata nahi. Shayad woh bhi attend na karay yeh keh kar ke mein Sanjay Leela Bhansali ka assistant director hoon, apni post chor ke nahi aa sakta."

"Sain, kab tak aise naraaz bethay raho ge. Aik hafta ho gaya hai tumne uss ki koi call nahi receive ki. Los Angeles aane ka bhi mein hi bataaya usse. Yeh to koi baat na hui, babe." She pouted.

Ah ! I love it when she calls me that and makes that face.

"Woh khud bhi bohat roya tha Hussain. Maafi maang raha tha tumse. Yaad hai na? Maaf kar do na usse. Please. Bhai hai tumhaara. Jaan hai tumhaari." She smiled.

"Fine. Sirf tumhaare kehne par kar raha hoon maaf usse." I said sternly.

"Nahi, sachay dil se usse maaf karo ge tum." She turned away, annoyed.

Yeh nakhray. Sadkay jaaoun teray.

I turned her back to me. "Fine. Kardiya maaf usse. Ab senti mat ho." I smiled and she grinned.

"Yay !" She kissed my cheek and I sighed happily.

I fastened my seatbelt and put my hand in hers.

"Ab apne engagement ki treat unn dono ko LA mein deinge." I smiled at her and she nodded.

The plane finally landed and touched down at LA. We came out, fetched out luggage from the conveyor belt and headed to the exit.

She grabbed my arm as I drove our trolley and finally saw them both.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Was that....was that Nida? She looked so....weak. Hafsa and I glanced at each other in astonishment when we caught sight of her.

We walked over to both and I decided to show attitude in front of Shehry. He observed my face and then slapped the back of my head.

"Aye apni adaakari kisi hor nu vakhaayeen, shokhi." He pulled me in a bug tight hug instantly and I couldn't hold myself back at all.

I hugged him back harder and slapped his back. "Kameenay, itna bhi na socha ke bhai ki mangni hai, biwi ko hi le ke aa jaaoun."

"Sorry kaha na yaar tujhe. Aur kitni shokhiyaan maare ga, beghairat?" He said and I chuckled over his shoulder. "Waise bhi, biwi ke bare nakhray hain, kaise le kar aata." He whispered and I instantly remembered.

We pulled away and I brought him to one side. "Did she remember you? And...Oh my God ! I...forgot your Nikaah nama at home." I facepalmed myself.

"It's alright. And no, she doesn't remember me but....things are much better than before." He smiled widely and I hugged him again. I was so glad to see him this happy again, after a very long time.

We walked back to the ladies and Shehry hugged Hafsa. "Kithay gayi si, bhabhi jee?"

"Pehli baar bitch nahi kaha." She slapped his arm and he laughed.

"Kia karoon ab, bhai ki amaanat hai, thori respect to karni paray gi na ab teri." He winked and she giggled.

"Many congratulations to both of you on your engagement guys." Nida smiled at both Hafsa and I.

"Thanks Nida." Both of us replied in unison.

"Hun poori raat aidhar hi khalotay rehna aye?" Shehry flaunted his Punjabi and we chuckled, heading out to his car. After loading in our luggage, we all sat in.

"Sexy car bro." I complimented his new Audi.

"Thanks man." He smiled, igniting the engine, as we drove off.

"So what have you guys decided about living?" Nida asked us.

"Dorms." We both replied in unison.

"Haan haan kehne ko to larkon ke dorms mein hai tu, paaya tu ussi ke dorm room mein jaaye ga." Shehry said and Nida laughed.

I slapped his arm. "Bakwaas na kar."

Mera bhai hai, mujhe bohat achay se jaanta hai. Kameena.

"Why don't guys live with us?" Nida suggested and Shehry nodded.

"Naah. Wouldn't wanna ruin your privacy. We're good." Hafsa said.

I could see Shehry blush a little. Oye hoyee.

We finally reached their apartment where we'd be staying for the night, and in the morning, make arrangements for the dorms.

We entered as Shehry unlocked the door and helped me take our bags in. We settled down in the living room and Shehry stood.

"Haan bhai. Chai, cof..." He announced but Nida cut him midway.

"Yeh mera department hai." She smiled at him and he smiled back, sitting down on the sofa.

"Haan bhai. Chai, coffee shofee, paani, ya cold drinks?" She asked and Shehry laughed as if she had copied him exactly.

"Aur khaane mein kia lo ge dono?" She asked and I smiled.

"Jo aap laayein gi jee." I responded all formally and Hafsa nodded. "Kuch bhi chale ga."

We just sat down and chatted for a while and Hafsa went in to help her. They both finally came out with a huge roasted chicken along with home-made roti. Waah ! Bhabhi jee ke haath ki doosri dish. Finally.

"Sorry itna hi ho saka aaj raat ke liye, because somebody didn't take me for grocery shopping due to their direction project." She narrowed her eyes at Shehry who just chuckled and pulled her arm plopping her down on the couch next to him and his arm around her shoulders.

He took a bite of the leg piece and moved it towards her mouth. She smiled and took a bite from the exact same spot.

Hafsa and I smiled at their little moment and gave each other a fist bump.

"So glad they're finally getting along." She whispered to me and I nodded, kissing the back of her hand.

We were done eating and the girls cleaned up.

"Right, so sone ka kia plan hai?" I asked.

"You can sleep here on the couch bakri." Shehry offered and I made a face. "Hafsa can sleep in that room over there, Nida's room.....And Nida can sleep with me in my room." He shrugged casually and Nida's jaw dropped.

"What? Aaj meray saath so jao na." He winked and she punched his arm, shaking her head shyly.

"Par in dono ko aik saath nahi sone dena. Engagement hui hai, shaadi nahi. Risk nahi loonga. Mama ne mujhe responsibility di hai." He smirked and I rolled my eyes, while Hafsa threw a cushion at him.

"How about Hafsa and I sleep in my room and you brothers sleep in Shehry's room?" Nida suggested glancing specially at Shehry who pouted and she giggled.

"Done." The three of us said in unison.

"I'm so tired." Hafsa yawned and hugged me. I hugged her back and she smiled.

"Good night."

"Good night. Sweet dreams about moi." I boasted, jerking my collar upwards.

"Agar aap dono lovebirds farigh ho gaye ho, to kia mein Hafsa ko le jaa sakti hoon?" Nida asked me, smirking and I nodded, grinning.

They both walked into the room and I glanced at Shehry.

"Chal bhai. Koi baat nahi, goodnight nahi kaha to kia, subha kar layeen romance." I winked and he pushed me.

I walked in his room, expecting he'd follow but he didn't.

"Tu chal, mein aata hoon." He said mischeivously and I shrugged walking into his huge room.

Nida's POV:

"So Nida, are you happy living with Shehry?" Hafsa asked.

"Very. I'm just blessed. That's all I can say." I grinned and she hugged me.

"I pray that you always stay that way." She smiled getting into bed, pulling the duvet over her and I did too.

"Thank you. You too. Hussain seems like a very sweet guy. Pretty much like Shehry." I said and she smiled nodding.

"He's the best." She sighed.

"Of course he is." I smirked, turning off the lamp and I heard a knock on the door. I sat up, amd Hafsa did too.

"You rest, I'll get it. Must be Shehry. He must need something. Be right back." I smiled and walked out the door, shutting it slowly and he grabbed my waist in an instant, pulling him towards me.

"Shehry !" I squealed.

"Yeah, he needs something. Something that just casually ignored him and walked away." He narrowed his eyes and I smiled.

"So, why did you call me?" I asked and he smirked.

His gaze shifted down to my lips and I instantly covered them up with my hand. He sighed and gently pushed me to the wall.

"Good night kiss nahi mile gi?" He whispered, his warm breath fanning my face and I shook my head, my hand still over my mouth and he chuckled.

"Fine." He made a face and looked away. I detached my hand from over my lips and kissed his forehead.

"Yahaan bhi." He pouted, pointing to his right cheek and I kissed it.

"Aur yahaan bhi." He pointed to his other one and I kissed it too.

"Aur ya..." His words were cut off by mine as he pointed to his lips.

"Bas, aaj raat ke liye itna kaafi hai." I said, looking down for turning down his command.

He pulled my face up to his and smiled. "Tum kehti ho to theek hai."

He kissed my forehead and I pointed to both my cheeks and kissed each one. We both laughed after he was done, and hugged.

"Sleep tight." I whispered over his shoulder.

"You too. And sweet dreams about moi." He jerked his shirt's collar copying Hussain in a funny way and I laughed.

"Shokhi bakri meri." He said and I laughed harder.

He smiled at me and then whispered. "It feels so good to see you like this. Aisa lagta hai jaise chaand aur taare sab zameen par aagaye hon meray liye. Tunhaare iss muskuraahat se meray dil ko alag sa sukoon milta hai, aik khushi si hoti hai."

I couldn't help but smile at his words as my eyes pooled up.

"Chalo ab jaa ke so jao, subha uni bhi jaana hai." I remind him and he nods, walking off.

"Bye." I blew him a flying kiss and he put his hand on his heart all dramatically, looking so damn adorable.

He walked into his room and I went into mine and slept with a bright smile on my face.

Ajnabi ban kar mile tum aise
Ke marna hi bhula diya

Iss dil ko aik nayi dharkan de kar
Aaj jeena hi sikha diya

___________________________________

Hiiiii :D ♡♡ Ab aaya na maza ? ;) :D

Omg guys !!! I DID NOT EVEN REALIZE THAT HOL ENDS IN A FEW CHAPTERS :O :O

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 12K 63
Aayesha Adam Qureshi is a fun loving girl when suddenly one day she met a guy who changed everything in her. Her life is no more like before. Her lif...
625K 37.7K 42
"Kabir Malhotra, a 25-year-old, young, handsome, gym freak, always a hot topic among girls. He's known to be rude and doesn't care about anyone excep...
5.9K 320 16
❤MAGICAL LOVE STORY❤ ⛦82 for general fiction _ feb 2018 22nd for general fiction-june 2018 To love is nothing, to be loved is something, bu...
24.2K 3.1K 57
(COMPLETED) A girl and a boy, completely different from each other crossed eachother's ways in France. Shayaan Ahmed the heart throb of girls meets a...