High On Life

By bejeweled_30

Nida Khan's got everything a girl could possibly want; riches, style, popularity, charm, A grades, and a far... More

1: New School
2: Being Nice
3: Butthurt
4: Unexpected Weekend
5: Getting To Know You
6: Meeting The DhoomBros
7: Hints
8: Je T'aime......Pas !
9: Saviour Or Tormentor
10: The Race And Its Aftermath
11: I'll Take Care Of You
12: Birthday
13: Party Catastrophe
14: Teddy Bear And.....Secrets?
15: The Challenge
16: Bipolarity At Its Utmost Peak
17: Bromance Or Romance?
18: Sheer Disbelief
19: Words Which We Never Said
20: Love Triangle?
21: Shocker
22: Destiny In A Mere Paper
23: Fate Revealed
24: Nighttime Romance Gone Wrong
25: High On Love
26: School Madness
27: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 1)
Author's Note
28: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 2)
29: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 3)
30: Confused
31: Love And Family
32: The Concealed
33: Agreement And Tension
34: Revelation Of The Truth
35: Good Times
36: The Engagement (Part 1)
37: The Engagement (Part 2)
38: Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gaye
39: Affliction
40: The Fault In His Love
41: Little Moments
42: Numb....
43: The Unexpected Bend In Our Road
44: Seven Days....Seven Decades
45: Sajna Teri Judaai.... Meinu Raas Na Aayi
46: Day One At Camp
47: Just One Chance?
48: Another Day, Another Memory
49: A Departing Soul's Secret Wish
50: The Truth Was Out
51: The 'To Be's' Outing
52: Masquerade Ball
53: Qubool Hai
54: Feels
55: Lost The Battle
56: First Time
57: Bailed Out
Author's Note
58: Losing It
59: The Inevitable
60: Judaai
62: Unanswered
63: Did Time Really Heal Both Ends?
64: Hope?
65: The Plan
66: Pleasing Awkwardness
67: We Found 'Us'
68: His Love Potion Worked
69: Love Makes Life Live
70: New Year, New Beginning
71: Crucial Meet With The Truth
72: Back To All That Once Existed
73: Shidzi Ever After
74: Blessed
Epilogue
Author's Note
Fam Jam

61: Untold Memories

3.7K 197 236
By bejeweled_30

'Tujhe Bhula Diya' as song for this chapter cuz youtube's messin' up -_- Enjoy ^__^
____________________________________

I followed sign boards, asked security guards and finally reached the exit to the airport.

I gulped the lump in my throat and huddled myself into his warm black hoodie that I wore over me as I stepped out the airport doors. His aura all over me, welcoming my heart with agony once more, making me realize each second that....he was gone.

With the only materialistic warmth of his over me, I walked forward to fetch a taxi.

I raised my hand out and a taxi stopped by.

"Good evening madam. Where would it be?" He asked politely and I felt my heart drop down to my stomach. I had absolutely no idea what to say.

"Uh..umm...do you happen to know any cheap hotels here. I..I'm kinda new here and not very familiar with places." I finally managed to utter.

He made a face as if in deep thought and then spoke. "Okay madam. I think I know a place. Hop in."

I took an internal sigh of relief, said Bismillah and sat in the back. I was so nervous and had absolutely no idea where I was headed.

"So you look Asian, are you a model?" He spoke in a weird sort of accent and my eyes widened.

"Um..no sir." I just replied.

"Oh my bad. I just thought because you are very beautiful. And no no. Don't mistaken my compliment for flirting madam. You are pretty but be very careful, especially on the streets, it's not safe." He said in a reassuring tone and I sighed.

"Thank you for the compliment sir. And yes, I'll be careful." I tried to sound calm, though I was very nervous from the inside. I had never been this alone, this abandoned my entire life.

"So are you Indian?" He asked again. Ugh ! Taxi drivers and their interviews, kill me !

"No sir. Pakistani." I replied very reluctantly so that he at least gets the hint that I need him to shut up.

"Oh. Humsaaye hain aap to." He chuckled and I too gave a fake laugh.

"Acha, chaliye ab aur sawaal nahi poochta." He laughed and I did too.

Shukar hai samajh gaya.

We stayed quiet and I just leaned my head against the back and shut my eyes for a few. Not really sleeping but just to calm my senses.

Flashback

The doorbell rang and I ran downstairs because I knew who it was.

"Nidi araam se beta, gir jao gi." Mom yelled as she saw me sprinitng downstairs.

"Aakhir darwaaze pe hai kaun?" She added and looked at dad.

"Would you look at the way she's all dressed up. Wohi hoga begum." He winked at mom and she laughed.

I stopped in my tracks and put my hands on my hips as I stood there in front of them, pouting.

"What? Did I say something wrong?" He smirked and I giggled, shaking my head at him.

I then ran to the door and opened it. There he stood in a black suit, looking all sexy with that gelled up quiff, french cut beard and....streaks?

"Hot !" I mouthed and he winked.

He then smiled at me and I grinned back. I moved aside and he walked in and smiled even wider, seeing mom and dad. He walked ahead and greeted them.

"Asalamualikum !" He exclaimed cheerfully and bowed his head down for both of them to pat.

"Walaikumassalam. Hmm...khair hai aaj sahab pehli dafa balcony se andar nahi tapkay? Hm?" Dad winked and he blushed.

"Na cherain na Rizwan jee. Ladka bara aur samajhdaar ho gaya hai." Mom giggled and he looked down, smiling shyly. Haye yeh sharmaana !

Shehry sat down and I walked up to all three of them and sat down on one of the sofas as well.

"Haan phir...kidhar ko?" Dad asked us both and Shehry smiled, informing.

"There's this pretty cool restaurant that I wanna take the princess to......" He glanced at me and then knelt down on one knee in front me, reaching out his hand. "If I may, Your Highness."

I just felt the temperature rise up to my cheeks and looked at mom and dad. "Jaaoun?"

They both laughed at our gestures.

"Humaare na kehne se konsa rukay ga." Mom giggled and dad smiled. "Jao."

I put my hand in his and he stood up, pulling me up as well.

"Chalein phir?" He asked with a warm smile and I nodded.

"Jao bachon. Aur haan, ziada late mat aana." Dad warned and we both nodded, heading out of the house, hand in hand.

As soon as we exited the front door and shut it, we crashed into each other, hugging tightly.

"Somebody's following the rulebook, huh?" I smiled, pulling away and he smirked.

"You got lucky, warna ab tak...." He leaned in and kissed my jawline, making my insides explode. "Ab tak kaam out of control ho chuka hota." He whispered on my neck, burning my skin and I shut my eyes.

I opened my eyes and he added. "Hum dono se."

I blushed and pushed him. "Chee ! Shut up."

"I know you love me, babe." He smiled cheekily and I wrapped my arms around his neck and whispered. "You know I do, boo."

"Oye ! Yeh romance ab apne ghar ki territory se baahir karna warna Irfan uncle dekh lein ge." He chuckled and I nodded heading out the main gate.

We sat in the Camarro and sped off. He turned on the music and Tum Hi Ho played through the car's speakers.

"Humesha itne lovey dovey gaane kiyun sunte ho?" I asked, even though I personally loved this song.

"Ishq jo ho gaya hai tujh se." He winked and I just looked down, smiling to myself.

"Mujhe bhi." I replied in a whisper and he spoke quickly.

"Apne aap se ishq?"

I facepalmed myself. "Tumse pagal. I meant.... tumse."

"Kiyunke tum hi ho, ab tum hi ho. Zindagi ab tum hi ho. Chen bhi, mera dard bhi, meri aashiqui ab tum hi ho." He sang along in his beautiful serene voice as he held my hand that was kept in between us.

"Psh, filmy." I shook my head.

"Tum kardo moment kharaab. Acha bhala ga raha tha. Khoti na hove gi te." He made a face and I laughed.

"I love your dress. You look gorgeous in it." He smiled, referring to the velvet emerald green gown that I wore, with a black bolero on top.

"Thanks. You look handsome too."

"I know jaaneman, but thanks for reminding me, once again. Muah." He sent me a flying kiss, all dramatically.

"Shokhi bakri !" I snapped and he laughed.

"Keep your chummas to yourself, huh." I rolled my eyes.

"Abbay tujhe nahi doonga chumma to kia Hussain ko doonga?" He said and I punched his arm, exploding with laughter.

"Waise...tight bromance hota hai tum sab ka, db vids mein." I winked and he chuckled.

"Tum ne to reality nahi dekhi abhi." He winked back and we both laughed hysterically.

I held my ears. "Tauba, I'd never want to see you guys do it in reality."

"Ohho. We do it privately madam. You won't be able to." He winked and I facepalmed myself, exploding with laughter.

We finally reached a restaurant which seemed quite beautiful on the outside with dim lights and a few lanterns floated on a small lake that was on the sides of the walkway that led to the entrance of the restaurant.

"You like?" He asked, helping me out.

"I love." I replied, still staring at the lovely exteriors.

We walked on the small path, hand in hand and went in. The interiors looked so magical with dim lights, candlelights and roses kept neatly at the center of each table.

There was soft piano playing in the background and lanterns hung on the walls of what seemed like cabins for those who preferred privacy. There were beautiful maroon curtains with gold embellishments that concealed the cabins, adding it all to the perfection. Everything was so serene and romantic.

"This place...is magic." I said in an excited whisper and he smiled. "I knew you'd love it."

We walked to the reception desk.

"Good evening sir, and how may I help you and the lovely lady tonight?" He smiled at me and I smiled back and Shehry spoke. "Good evening. We made a reservation by the name Nida Shehryaar Asif."

My heart softened at the reservation title.

Nida Shehryaar Asif. Sounds so...perfect.

I smiled at him and he winked as the guy at the desk searched through his register.

"Ah. There it is. Jeff. Please lead the beautiful couple to their table." He spoke to another waiter and he led us to one of the cabins. He pulled aside the curtains and we both stepped in and sat down.

"Here sir, just the way you preferred. Please pull this string on the side when you're ready and we'll be taking your order." He bowed.

"Thank you." Shehry and I said and he left, pulling back the curtains, shutting the entrance to the cabin.

He looked at me and smiled and I just looked down, not even knowing what to say or do. Awkward. I finally decided to break the silence.

"I'm so glad you brought me to this beautiful place. It's like a...a dream. I've been to so many restaurants but this one's the best. Because it's extravagantly beautiful and more because...I'm here with you." I smiled and he held my hands in his, on top of the table.

"I just want you to have the best. I can be the worst romantic but.."

"Worst romantic?" I chuckled and shook my head. "I don't care how romantic you are. I just love you for who you are. You're perfect for me, and that's all I ever wanted, and I have it.... I've never felt so blessed in my life. Ever." I felt my eyes well up as I smiled at him.

"Same. I'm more than just blessed to have you in my life......I love you Nida."

"Koi shayr to nahi maarna paray ga na?" He quickly added and I giggled.

"Nahi. Aaj nahi." I whispered.

There was a short silence which he broke.

"Well?" He raised an eyebrow and I smirked. "What if I don't say it back?"

"Mein katti ho jaoun ga tumse." He pouted and I smiled.

"I love you too." I finally said and he kissed the back of my hand softly.

"Come on, let's order now." He suggested and we chose our menu and called for the waiter.

The service was pretty quick and we instantly had our food.

"Shehry...Is it Halal?"

"Yep. Completely. The owner is my friend Asim's uncle." He informed and I nodded as we began eating.

We ate and relished it from the first bite to the last.

"The food was amazing." I compliment as I moved the last bite into my mouth.

"No doubt there." He smiled, cleaning his hands with the handkerchief.

We called for the waiter who then brought in the dessert; a large bowl of chocolate and caramel icecream topped with nuts, whipped cream and a taffioca ribbon.

"Love !" We both sighed happily as we took in the first bite of the heavenly delight.

We were in the process of devouring, when he spoke. "I'm so glad to be getting engaged to you. It's like...having a best friend for the rest of your life, though I know it isn't marriage but, we've got to know so much about each other that we didn't previously, and it's just....beautiful."

I smiled. "It is, and you know what I learnt from all this?" I asked.

"What?"

"I've learnt that....you're the only person in this world who will keep me happy for a lifetime." I smiled cheekily and he carressed my cheek.

"I will....I promise." He said.

The soft music in the background got a little louder and we pulled the curtains aside to find a large platform that I hadn't noticed before, lit up with spotlights as a few young couples slow danced.

Shehry glanced at me and I nodded as we got out the cabin and walked to the dance floor.

He kept his hands on my waist and I furrowed slightly and then blushed understanding the posture. I slowly encircled my arms around his neck and he pulled me closer to him.

He peered directly into my eyes as we slow danced to the tune.

Those eyes, those deep brown oceans that I lose myself in, each time I look into them. Those eyes showing so much affection so many words and so many feelings, all for one person....Me.

"I love how we can stare into each other's eyes for a lifetime and never crack up." He chuckled.

"Guess we're good actors." I winked and he smiled.

"No, we're just.....so in love, it's unbelievable." He spoke in a surprised whisper.

"It's beyond belief. You're like oxygen to me now. I can't breathe without you Shehry." I told him truthfully.

"Maar le dialogue, basanti." He made a kissy face and I narrowed my eyes.

We stayed silent for a few seconds until he spoke.

"I love you.....I really can't wait till the day we get married." He winked.

"Me too." I looked down shyly and he kissed my forehead.

**End of flashback**

"Madam." His voice pulled me back to reality and I felt tears well up in my eyes. I contained them and answered him.

"Yes."

"Madam, we're here. Yehi aik sasta hotel jaanta hoon mein." I looked out the window and saw a small, shabby looking hotel, but it will suffice.

I got out the car and he did too. He opened the car's trunk and took out my bag for me.

"How much will it be?" I asked and he smiled.

"None." He said.

"Nahi, aap ka haq hai." I said rummaging through my purse and he spoke quickly.

"Nahi madam. Aap humaare humsaaye hain, aap se koi paisay nahi loonga." He said sweetly and I smiled.

"Thank you."

"Aaiye. Mein aapko andar tak le chalta hoon." He said as he dragged my suitcase along and we entered the lobby which was really small and suffocating.

He turned to me, before turning to the reception desk.

"Madam, kitni nights?" He asked in a whisper and I was so clueless. I didn't even know what to say.

"Pata nahi sir. Maheena shayad." I told him quietly, feeling quite unsure. I had never lived in a hotel before, all my life, for more than two days, and here I was, going to stay for a month.

His eyes widened slightly but he nodded and made booking for me at the counter.

"Oh and please ensure it's a female she's sharing her room with. Thank you."

"Sharing?" I asked.

"Woh kia hai na, they don't have many rooms and since it's a bachelor hotel, you'll have to share your room with someone." He explained and I just nodded quietly.

"Apna khayaal rakhiye ga madam. Mein chalta hoon."

"Thank you so much sir. Aapke baghair yeh sab mumkin nahi tha." I gave a smile of gratitude.

"Oh madam, mera number le lijiye. Kabhi bhi aapko zaroorat parhay to aap mujhe call kar sakti hain." He said and gave me his taxi card and I nodded a 'thanks'.

He left the hotel and the hotel's staff led me to a room on the first floor, through the elevator.

He opened the door for me. "Heres your room. Your roommate is out at the moment and will be back shortly. Hope you enjoy your stay here." He handed me the keys and left.

I stepped in and shut the door behind me, locking it. I looked around and the room was so small and suffocating for two people as a bunk bed was placed and a dressing table, alomg with a small cupboard along the walls.

I felt my phone vibrate inside my bag and I took it out only to find the Caller ID displaying his name.

Tears began rolling down my cheeks slowly as it just kept on vibrating for the hundred and twenty fifth time since yesterday.

I just sobbed as the phone vibrated and then the call was cut.

"I miss you. I..I miss y..you, Shehry." I cried harder as I sat against the wall, feeling so incomplete, damaged.

I could feel him cry. My heart ached as I could feel his heart shatter into a million pieces.

"Please mat ro Shehry. Tum nahi jaante meine yeh kiyun kiya. Lekin mujhe pata hai, ke agar tumhein pata chalta to...to tum mujhe kabhi maaf na kartay. Kabhi bhi nahi. Meine bohat bura kiya tumhaare saath, aur aik dafa bhi yeh na socha ke kisi...." I was cut off by a knock and in came a girl wearing a black tank top and torn faded denims with dirty white sneakers.

She had a bandana covering the top of her whitely blonde hair. Her arms were full of tattoos and she lit a cigarette in her hand.

"You're not....a lesbian are you?" She asked nervously and eyes popped out of my eye sockets. What the hell?

"Excuse me? No I'm not. Why do you even think that?" I asked, my voice raised a little.

"I don't know. Just a random guess. Well, actually because I always get guys as roommates, you're the first girl sharing a room with me. Anyhow, let's just cut the crap, I'm Mandy. And you?" She stuck out her hand and I didn't want to shake it so I just answered with a smile. "My name's Nida."

She shrugged and then stood by the bed. She turned to me. "Up or down?" She asked.

"You can choose the one you want. I'll be okay." I said in return.

"Fine then. I'm going up." She said and climbed the upper bed of the bunkbed.

Those memories that played in my mind from the taxi ride flashed across my mind and I began crying again.

I laid against the wall and sobbed silently, so as not to bother Mandy.

I miss you mama. Mein bohat akeli hoon mama. Aap kiyun gayeen....mujhe chor ke. Aaj meray saath koi bhi nahi hai. Koi bhi nahi.

From the corner of my eye, I saw her sit up in bed. "Hey." She called out to me. "Are you okay?" She asked quietly and I just nodded.

"Are you sure? You've been crying for the past two hours. Do you need something?" She asked.

"No. I don't want anything. Thank you." I whimpered, wiping a few tears as fresh new ones began taking their place.

"I'll go get you something to eat." She said and I halted her

"No, please. I'm fine. Thanks Mandy. That's really considerate of you but I honestly don't need anything." I said as I sat up.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Um, okay. As you wish. But at least try to get some sleep, hm? Come on girl." She got off her bed and came down to me and helped me up.

She smiled and walked me to bed.

"Come on. Lie down and sleep, okay? You need rest." She said, putting a hand to my shoulder and I nodded, sitting down on the bed.

She went up to hers and I laid down on the bed as I tried to shut my eyes but couldn't.

It felt so empty not having him beside me anymore. His arm on my waist and his warm breaths in my hair. His constant kisses on my cheek and neck as he always tried to tease me. The way he used to tickle me in bed whenever I was mad at him. All of it....gone.

Moments of our last kiss flashed across my mind as I cried onto his lips, wanting his touch to stay forever on me. And the way he shed all his pain in that one gesture trying to tell me 'Mein tumhaare saath hoon Nidzi. Tumhaare sab gham bhula doonga. Mujh pe bharosa karo'.

It was 2 am but I couldn't hold myself together as my phone once again vibrated with his call and I weeped again stuffing my face in the hard pillow, trying not to make noise.

After he cut his hundred and fiftieth call, I grabbed my phone in my shaky hands and opened the back of it, and.....took the SIM out.

Nahi Shehryaar. Meray kiye ki saza milne do mujhe.

Ya Allah, uss ki jaan le le. Usse tardpa tardpa ke maar. Jeetay jee aisi saza de usse ke woh iss duniya pe chalna kia, aik aur lamha bhi reh na sakay. Ussi zaalim ko, jiss ne meri zindagi mein kitna kuch barbaad kar diya ke aaj sach ka saamna karne ki himmat bhi nahi rakh paati.

I just laid there in silence and pain for I don't know how long until I heard Mandy's voice.

"Nida? You're still awake?" She asked and I just stayed silent.

She came down to me and threw a few pills in her mouth, swallowing them with a bottle of water.

"Nida, what's wrong? What is it that bothers you so much?......Where's your family?" She asked putring her hand on mine.

"My parents died." I whimpered.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." She said and I just nodded.

"You must miss them so much." She said, her expression softening a little.

"I do. They were the world to me. I'm so alone now. I just...don't even know where to go. I don't even have a home anymore." I just sobbed harder.

"Are you stressed out? Here, take these pills. Anti-depressants." She moved her hand in front of me which contained a few tablets of different kinds.

I just shook my head. "I don't do drugs."

"Oh man. These aren't really harmful girl. Try them. Beside one go at it won't bite you. I take these whenever I'm down. I....broke up with my boyfriend a year ago and whenever I feel hurt remembering him, I just take these and feel relaxed instantly."

I just looked at the pills and she sighed.

"Come on. You're really depressed and it hurts me seeing you like that. I mean...how much longer are you going to cry? Just take these and go to sleep. You'll feel better in no time." She said and I gulped, thinking over whether I should or not. Maybe she's right. These are just anti-depressants, not actual drugs, right?

I took the pills from her hand and she got off the bed and filled some water in a glass, from the dispenser and handed it to me.

I wiped my tears and took the pills, gulping them down with water.

"Thank you." I whispered and she nodded.

"Now go to sleep. You need to rest your head for a while. It's already 6 am." She said and got up to her bed.

In a few moments, I...I felt different. I tried not to cry again and I could feel my heart ease a little as I shut my eyes. Maybe she was right. It's not that bad, after all.

Shehry's POV:

Flashback

"Phir senti?" I laughed, teasing her.

She just turned her head to her side in annoyance. "Tumhaari waja se ab mera Biology ka grade gire ga."

"It's not my fault babe. Okay....maybe it is. Sorry I forgot your notebook at home." I held my ears.

"Yeah, forgot my notebook at the freakin' day of submission. I hate you !" She yelled and turned her back on me as she across from me on her bed.

I smirked and crawled over to her and hugged her from behind, making her gasp.

"Sorry na." I whined.

"Fiancé ho iska matlab ye nahi ke tumhein maafi mil jaye gi itni asaani se." She said.

"Acha, to phir humein kia karna paray ga aapni maafi ke liye?" I asked and she chuckled a little.

"Hmm..." she thought to herself cutely and I just kept my head on her shoulder.

I yawned. "Soch lo gi to bata dena." And with that I laid my head on her shoulder, making her flinch.

"I give up. Jao maaf kiya." She said finally, sighing and I laughed.

"Uss ki khushi mein aik pappi." I said and kissed right under her ear softly, making her sigh deep. Her sexy voice was enough to make my hormones go kamli.

"Shehry, bas. Move now." She separated my arns from over her and then turned to face me.

I pouted at her and all of a sudden, she hugged me, making me lose my balance as I fell back on the bed with her on top of me.

O teri khair. Aagay hi andar patakhay phat rahay thay ab to nuclear bomb phat chuka hai.

She peered directly into my eyes as her heart went crazy and she blushed hard. She dropped to the side with a soft thump and I looked at her. Her face was on the other side and I turned it to mine.

"I love you shokhi bakri." I whispered.

"I love you more, khotay." She giggled and I pinched her cheek playfully.

We both sat up and she brought this huge photo album with a huge cheeky grin plastered to her face.

Haye rabba yeh cuteness. Mar jawaan lakh vaari.

**End of flashback**

"Shehry? Yo ! You okay man?" Mark shook me, bringing me back to reality.

"Hey yeah. I..I'm fine." I said plainly, though my heart ached terribly on the inside and I just wanted to cry.

"Dude, I don't think you've even heard a word the teacher spoke." He chuckled.

"Not at all." I winked and laughed on the outside but cried insanely on the inside as her face flashed once more across my mind.

Where are you Nida? Who are you with? I miss you....Are you...alive?

______________________________

HIII :D Okay, mein royi nahi ab, shukar but....from the looks of it, something's fishy here, don't you guys think? ;)

Hope you guys enjoyed this light hearted chapter :) Much love and hugs to all of you and to my new readers who just tuned in ;) ♡

Yaar ab mat kehna meine hint nahi diya. Diya hai iss chapter mein bhi ! -_- :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

About us. By H.

Fanfiction

32K 1.2K 36
The story of Hussain and Hania,which will make you laugh,cry and maybe melt your heart a bit too. Going through a lot of things in their life at such...
46.2K 3.9K 23
Shehryaar Asif, the player, and Haya Khan, a well known chic flick journalist, cross paths on their road to achieve their career goals. While Shehry...
35.2K 3.8K 45
______Completed______ But his love was true, His love is, Was and will remain like that Strong for his Taman'na.. "Zindagi Ka doosra naam Jeena Hai...
65.2K 4.7K 22
Thanks to my Aaru (@__aaaarya___) for the gorgeous cover picture. Copyright Disclaimer: I don't own any rights of pictures used if any. They belong...