HM's Critiques

By _monkey_reader

Closed Are you looking for a detailed and honest critique of your book? Are you looking to improve your writi... More

Form
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
(35)
(36)
(37)
(38)
(39)
(40)
(41)
(42)
(43)
(44)
(45)
(46)
(47)
(48)

(16)

87 21 3
By _monkey_reader

•I'll be giving positive and negative opinions. How you respond to the feedback is up to you.•

✰ Author: AtinybookwormAtiny
✰ Book Name: Angel's Curse.
✰ Score: 29/30

Cover:
The cover is sophisticated and would definitely draw me in to the book. I don't believe there's anything wrong with it.
(5/5)

Blurb/Summary:
The blurb is quite short, however it's riveting, intriguing and thought provoking. (5/5)

Writing Style:
Your prologue is remarkable. I love a good minimalistic yet luring opening. The characters soliloquy reveals her inner thoughts and everything is just so mysteriously exciting. A great use of repetition and sentence types.
You're great at building the suspense to a tense scene and that's a huge positive point.
To be honest I read all of your chapters and they were wonderful. Each chapter started off interestingly and was like a cliff hanger to make me read on. You also use a good range of vocabulary.
Now to go even further try some indirect speech- without it being in inverted commas- and perhaps use alliteration for effect.  (9/10)

SPAG
There weren't spelling or grammar errors. Some minor punctuation misplacing but you were able to use a wide variety of it to vary between sentence lengths. Well done. (5/5)

Characters/Plot:
I adore the characters. Diane is almost a confusing character- it is difficult to completely decifer her emotions and that's what I love about her. She's not your typical girl nor is she predictable. The story plot is also wonderful considering I don't usually read vampire books. Again great job. (5/5)

Recap
There's not much to recap. You're a great writer and have written a story that will attract a lot of readers. Maybe you could play with the structure of your chapters e.g. a cyclical structure. What happens at the start happens at the end.

~Thanks
❀ Comment & Vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119 3 20
my articles from 2021 if there are typos or missing commas or incorrect information tell me and if you use my Articles tell me. G-rated its from bad...
19.9K 142 46
my clean imagines for hayes grier! - please do not repost my imagines & it would be appreciated if you see anyone doing this to message me! -no bad l...
3.6K 201 15
Have you been searching for someone to give their honest opinion on your work? Are you browsing review books to find the next story you'll fall in lo...
1.5K 113 15
Whether you are looking to get feedback or are wanting to find books to read, you have come to the right place. HK Review Shop provides free reviews...