Keith x Reader (Season 1 & 2)

By MillennialMars

You and Keith were a couple while in the Garrison until he got you kicked out during the year your brother, S... More

Defenders of the Universe
Getting to Know the Shiroganes
Some Assembly Required
Trust in Keith
Return of the Gladiator
Fall of the Castle of the Lions
Tears of the Balmera
Nightmares
Taking Fight
Return to the Balmera
Ice Skating
Rebirth
Alone Time (Maybe?)
Crystal Venom
A Little Bit of Rest
Collection and Extraction
The Black Paladin
Forgot something, whoops
Across the Universe
The Depths (tagged)
Im not dead
After the Split
Shiro's Escape
The Truth
Greening the Cube
Eye of the Storm
A Simple Argument
A Week Afterwards
Ark of Taujeer
Unaccepted Apologies
Group Training
Some TLC
Blade of Marmora
Finding Out
The Belly of a Weblum
Escape from Beta Traz
Stayin' Alive
Best Laid Plans
Blackout
Crack Chapter
BLACK LIVES MATTER
Changing of the Guard
Red Paladin
The Hunted
HIATUS
Im so sorry

Space Mall

1.7K 58 117
By MillennialMars

After being dragged into the main control room by Keith, I was stuck listening to the Paladins, Allura, and Coran talk about the lions and what we needed to do.

"Okay, look. I now know for certain that Zarkon is tracking us through the black lion," Shiro said. "We have to find some way to stop him."

"How are we going to do that?" Pidge asked.

"We've never had this situation before. Two Paladins battling for the same lion," Allura said.

"It's pretty obvious as to what Takashi has to do. In order for Zarkon to stop tracking us, he has to forge a new bond with the lion, a bond stronger than Zarkon's," I put in my input.

"Takashi?" Coran asked.

"She calls me that when she's mad," Shiro replied.

"Anyways. While you are working on that, the rest of us need to find some new teleduv lenses, otherwise we won't be able to travel via worm hole anymore," Coran changed the subject.

"Is that something we have to mail order?" Hunk asked.

"Does anyone even make those anymore?" Keith added.

"I don't know," Allura answered Hunk and Keith's question. "Only a few Alteans could use the teleduv ten thousand years ago, they may not exist anymore."

Coran pulled on his mustache before snapping and saying "I think I may know where to get some!"

Coran went over to his dashboard and pulled up pictures of random aliens.

"Coran! You're not suggesting going to one of those filthy swap moons! The last time you went, those space pirates took you for everything you had!" Allura cried.

"Space pirates?" Lance questioned.

"The Unilu's were traders and pirates that roamed the galaxies and dealt in black market goods. Um-vy spice, Um-vy spice, by-tor water, little bottles of infinity vapor. Of course you had to bargain. No one could bargain like the Unilu," Coran said as he showed us pictures of him trading with different people. "Last time, I ended up giving three quarters of my shipment to Lango in exchange for a used pogo oscillator."

Allura chuckled. "Father was not please about that."

Lance slid next to Allura. "Well, while Coran is shopping for those lenses, I'll take you shopping for something sparkly."

Coran got in between them and pushed Lance away. "This isn't shopping! You're not wandering around saying, 'Ooh! What a lovely pink hat! This is so becoming!' No! I can't allow Allura to get anywhere near those filthy, lowballing Unilu hoodlums."

"But I'd love something sparkly!" Allura clasped her hands together and gave Coran puppy eyes.

"Look, you're the only one who can operate the castle. You need to be resting after all you've been through," Allura immediately turned upset. "Now, let's ready a pod for our mission. We need to get in, find the scaultrite lenses, and just get out."

"Shotgun!" Lance yelled first, running to the pod.

"What? No! You have to be in the pod bay to call shot gun!" Hunk yelled after him, chasing Lance.

"Since when?" Lance asked.

"Since forever!"! That's shotgun etiquette. I wrote the book." Hunk yelled back.

Pidge, Keith, and I quietly followed behind the other three. When we caught up to everyone, Hunk was in the back seat. I guess Lance won. Keith, Pidge, and I climbed into the back. I purposely sat away from everyone. I felt the pod jerk forward, telling me that we were moving.

"Hello? Back passengers?" Coran asked through the intercom.

"Oh, it's so comfy up here, extra leg room, heated seats! Oh man," Lance said. I didn't care about this whole shotgun thing, but that made me mad.

"Stupid Lance. Stupid shotgun," Hunk said to no one in particular.

"Now these swap moons are very dangerous environments, so be on your toes. No weapons or communication devices of any kind," Coran said.

"And if we so happen to pull out a weapon?" I asked but was ignored as Coran continued.

"Also, I've brought along some disguises," Our eyes got wide as we all looked at each other with questioning eyes.

Coran landed the pod on the moon in a sort of parking lot. We all got out of the pod and crowded around as Coran handed out disguises. I wasn't given much, just a cape and some makeshift shoulder armor. We headed inside the building and was confused to see the nice looking space mall.

"Uh, Coran? This Unilu This Unilu swap meet looks and awful lot like a regular mall," Coran said.

"It does seem to be a little cleaner than I remember," Coran looked around then turned around to face us. "Still be vigilant. The Unilu are cut-throat wheeler-dealers. So keep your hands on your coin satchels."

"Uh, my satchels are empty," Hunk said.

"Good," Coran said.

"Let's just get this over with," Keith said.

"Please! Some of us have things to do!" I begged.

"Yes, right. Everyone let's fan out, search the area for teleduv lenses. We'll meet by the giant ticking clock here in one vaga. Don't be late and try to blend in," Coran said.

As Coran walked away, we crowded around a trash can to throw out the disguises Coran gave us. If he wanted us to blend in, he shouldn't have given us these ridiculous disguises.

We all went our separate ways to find the teleduv lenses we needed. I took this time to be alone and give myself a personal day.

I wandered around stopping every now and then, but the stall I stopped at the really caught my attention was a weapon stall. The designs were so unique, nothing I'd ever seen before. It interested me.

"Yo," a voice to my left came out of no where, startling me. I jumped and looked in the direction of the voice to see a green man that kind of looked like a lizard. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle ya there. Ya like what ya see?" The man smirked almost like Lance, but struggled.

"I- uh," I stuttered not knowing how to respond to this.

"I'm messing with ya," I sighed a breath of relief. "These weapons are from the ancient Altean civilization. There's not many artifacts from Altea. I managed to get my hands on these from someone who was able to salvage them somehow."

"How do you know they're real? The planet was destroyed ten-thousand years ago," I asked.

"I just had to put my trust in the man that sold them to me. There's not much of that in this universe," The man said.

"W-would you mind if I see a sword?" I asked.

The man shrugged handing me an Altean Broadsword. I analyzed the sword and looked over it. I somehow felt connected to the weapon. I traced my fingers across the intricate designs and stared at the sword in awe.

"How much?" I asked.

"Usually, I would say one thousand Gac, but you really seem to be connected to that sword," The man pointed out.

I hummed in a questioning tone, tilting my head to the side. He pointed at my face so I looked at my reflection in the sword. My Altean marks were glowing a bright F/C.

"Oh."

"I also like your personality, so I'll give you a seventh-five percent discount. Two hundred fifty Gac will do!" The man said.

"For this beautiful sword? I couldn't," I said. I pulled out my satchel of coins Coran gave me and gave the man one thousand Gac.

"No, please, I insist," The man tried to deny the one thousand.

"You're running a business here, you can't just give away swords!" I reasoned.

"Fine, fine, but at least take the sheath," the man insisted.

I sighed but agreed. The man smiled triumphantly.

"I will be back though. And we will continue this," I threatened.

The man laughed. "Alright, I'll look forward to that."

I walked away from his stall, the sword in its sheath on my side. As I walked down the isles, I saw Keith, Hunk, Pidge, and Lance with a cow running the opposite way.

"Turn around Y/N, don't go that way!" Keith yelled at me.

"Huh?" I asked then looked behind them to see a Galra soldier chasing them.

"There's the last one! Halt right now!" The soldier screamed.

I gasped and quickly began following the others. "What did you do?! Coran said don't cause attention!"

We were coming to a dead end, the only way left to go was down, into a fountain.

"Everyone hop on Kaltenecker!" Lance yelled.

"Did you buy a cow?!" Hunk asked.

"It was free with purchase!" Pidge reasoned.

"We need to find Coran!"

We landed safely on the ground, but as we were zooming through the mall, we saw Coran leaving a shop. It all seemed to go in slow motion. Our heads followed Coran as we moved and Coran's head followed us as we rode the cow.

"There he is!" Pidge yelled.

"We've gotta go, Coran!" Keith yelled.

Coran ran to catch up to us and grabbed onto Keith's hand. Keith pulled him up.

"I've got the scaultrite lenses!" Coran yelled.

"Scaultrite? Hold on a tik!" A man yelled running out of the shop Coran just left from.

"No take-backs!" Coran yelled back.

"Get back here!" The mall cop yelled as he followed us on his hover Segway. We made it the exit hallway and the man continued to yell at us. He stopped right before the hallway. "Doggone it! You better run! Don't let me find you in my jurisdiction again!"

"Oh so you can't follow us outside, huh?" Lance asked. He was about to start teasing the man before he got hit with a support beam, knocking him out cold.

"I call shotgun!" I called.

"Hey! That's not fair!" Hunk yelled at me.

"Race ya for it!" I told Hunk. And raced we did. I made it to the pod before anyone else and got into the front seat.

Coran climbed in next to me and the rest got in the back. While on the way back to the castle, I looked at my new sword and smiled, thinking back to the man at the stall hoping that wasn't our last encounter. I feel we could be really good friends.

"Is that an Altean Broadsword?" Coran asked me, looking over.

"Yeah, it is," I said. "Is it authentic?"

"I'll have to tell you later, when I can analyze it," Coran said.

"Okay," I smiled at the man.

Coran parked the pod in its spot as we entered the castle. We hurried into the main control room to find Allura playing with the mice and with a crazy updo.

"We got our lenses!" Coran called out.

"Excellent! Now we can get the teleduv up and running!" Allura said.

"Where's Shiro?" Keith asked.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to my respective spot on the stairs.

Shiro walked into the room looking as though he just had a great sleep.

"What did you do? Take a nap?" Allura asked.

"Not exactly," Shiro said. "Is that a cow?"

"No it's a chicken," I muttered soft enough so no one could hear me.

"Mhm, his name is Kaltenecker," Lance said happily.

"So did you find a way to bond with your lion?" Keith asked.

"Yes, and we need to get moving," Shiro said. "We're headed for the Blade of Marmora's headquarters."

"I'll plot a course," Coran stated, running to the main control panel.

"While you're doing that, I'm gonna hook up the new video game Lance and I bought," Pidge said excitedly.

"Yeah! Let's get this thing set up!" Lance yelled.

"How do we- where do we-" Pidge asked while looking around, not finding anything to set the video game up to.

I think that's the moment Pidge broke. She screamed and I swear people in space could hear it. Sound doesn't even travel in space!

A/N: I begged my mom for Netflix only so that I could finish this- I say as tho I'm close to finishing - I say as tho I totally did not give her the excuse "I nEeD tO fInIsH lUcIfEr"

ANYWAYS

it's been a while since I updated this, so how have you all been?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 780 15
WARNING: OLD BOOK, DISCONTINUED VERSION. You are welcome to read this book and its unfinished sequel, they were separate at one point but they got di...
3.3K 39 14
Voltron: Legendary Defender Fanfiction Keith x Reader REWRITTEN VERSION It all started when (Y/n) and her older brother, Takashi 'Shiro' Shirogane we...
132K 2.9K 94
I remember that day like it was yesterday... The day I lost everything... my home, my planet, my family, and the peaceful future I was hoping to have...
11.4K 505 45
**First Klance fic Lance and Keith were always neck and neck and rivals. They rarely spoke to each other and only knew things about each other that t...