High On Life

By bejeweled_30

Nida Khan's got everything a girl could possibly want; riches, style, popularity, charm, A grades, and a far... More

1: New School
2: Being Nice
3: Butthurt
4: Unexpected Weekend
5: Getting To Know You
6: Meeting The DhoomBros
7: Hints
8: Je T'aime......Pas !
9: Saviour Or Tormentor
10: The Race And Its Aftermath
11: I'll Take Care Of You
12: Birthday
13: Party Catastrophe
14: Teddy Bear And.....Secrets?
15: The Challenge
16: Bipolarity At Its Utmost Peak
17: Bromance Or Romance?
18: Sheer Disbelief
19: Words Which We Never Said
20: Love Triangle?
21: Shocker
22: Destiny In A Mere Paper
23: Fate Revealed
24: Nighttime Romance Gone Wrong
25: High On Love
26: School Madness
27: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 1)
Author's Note
28: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 2)
29: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 3)
30: Confused
31: Love And Family
32: The Concealed
33: Agreement And Tension
34: Revelation Of The Truth
35: Good Times
36: The Engagement (Part 1)
37: The Engagement (Part 2)
38: Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gaye
39: Affliction
41: Little Moments
42: Numb....
43: The Unexpected Bend In Our Road
44: Seven Days....Seven Decades
45: Sajna Teri Judaai.... Meinu Raas Na Aayi
46: Day One At Camp
47: Just One Chance?
48: Another Day, Another Memory
49: A Departing Soul's Secret Wish
50: The Truth Was Out
51: The 'To Be's' Outing
52: Masquerade Ball
53: Qubool Hai
54: Feels
55: Lost The Battle
56: First Time
57: Bailed Out
Author's Note
58: Losing It
59: The Inevitable
60: Judaai
61: Untold Memories
62: Unanswered
63: Did Time Really Heal Both Ends?
64: Hope?
65: The Plan
66: Pleasing Awkwardness
67: We Found 'Us'
68: His Love Potion Worked
69: Love Makes Life Live
70: New Year, New Beginning
71: Crucial Meet With The Truth
72: Back To All That Once Existed
73: Shidzi Ever After
74: Blessed
Epilogue
Author's Note
Fam Jam

40: The Fault In His Love

3.2K 233 196
By bejeweled_30

Hey guys. Relax. I know this is pretty similar to what happened to Lia in OHTS.....okay this is worse. Or maybe that...was worse ! Ugh ! Just forget it. Both are pretty much terrible. (Yikes) Anyhow, so basically guys, try to understand what's happening here. Nida. Popular freshman student. Prettiest/Most attractive in her batch. Rumor that spread about her. And now this. Connects? I guess so. People can do anything just to bring harm to others' image and bring their fame down. This is how it all works in majority of schools, guys. People cannot bare to see others' fames and successes.

On a side note, relax :) It's just a story :) Alrighty then, here goes.....

_____________________

I screamed and yelled as one of them tore off my shirt leaving me bare, shirtless, and unprotected. My long hair were the only shield that covered me until they jerked my hair backwards, inducing pain in my head and reached for their boxers. I just cried wildly and shut my eyes, unable to see them kill me with the worst weapon they could ever use.

In all that rubble that overtook the room, I heard muffles from outside and all of a sudden the door flung open and they all turned to find.....Shehryaar. My saviour.

Shehry shot a small, reluctant glance in my direction and I saw rage, furiosity, hell, build up on his face instantly as he mouthed my name in a fierce breath. I had folded my knees up to my face to hide my bare figure while my hair covered my back.

My...my dignity. Thrown away, just in a matter of few seconds. But thankfully, it wasn't too late.

He growled as he fell onto the first guy like a beast, followed by Hussain who stood beside him, attacking the second guy.

"What the fuck have ! You ! Donee !!!" He lunged six simultaneous fists in sync with his words as they escaped his mouth in a loud painful scream. The guy had blood dripping off his face but Shehry legitimately showed no mercy towards him.

Similarly Hussain gave the second guy a lowblow, leaving him completely helpless as he smacked one right into his face making his nose bleed.

Shehry threw the strongest guy on the floor, after having beaten him up.

"Hussain ! Hut ja peechay !" He screeched as he shoved Hussain out of the way and smacked the guy in his already bleeding face. He kicked his abdomen and the guy yelped in pain.

I was just too scared to look any further and shut my eyes hiding my face in my knees when suddenly I felt a strong arm clasp onto mine tightly. I looked up instantly to find the third guy.

And before I could even react, he dragged me across the floors and I screamed in pain as my bare body rubbed against the harsh wooden floor, scratching it in different areas and right before he could leave the room, Shehry grabbed him by the collar and he let go of me as I dropped to the floor on my front, completely helpless.

I was too helpless to even lift my head up because it pained in all those bruises this guy left on my neck.

I heard yelling, groaning, Shehry and Hussain cussing in extreme rage, sounds of punches and kicks of all sorts from both brothers as they beat the life out of him. I see the guy drop to the floor at my eye level, filled in blood.

Suppressing the pain in different areas of my body, I slowly sat up, leaning against a wall and covered my front and back with my hair and hugged myself as I shivered.

Shehry dropped down on his knee as he breathed heavily still not over the effects of his furiosity. He didn't dare look up at me, even once and neither did Hussain, who stood quietly at the corner with his back on us.

He took off his jacket and placed it over my bare shoulders. I tried to wear it, yelping and seething due to the pain in my arms.

"Nida. Nida....I'll help." He whispered, still looking down as he held the sleeve of the jacket down at the level of my right hand, so I could slide in my wrist without making any effort, as he now crouched behind me. He did similar for my left arm and slowly lifted the jacket upwards, covering my back completely.

He now looked up at me, still bent on his knees behind me and carefully grabbed my hair, pulling them out of the jacket and they now rested on my back.

I zippered up the front of the jacket concealing my front, and felt his scent all over me. My tears did not seem to stop all this while. It was just too painful as my body ached me everywhere.

His hands slid across my forehead as he grabbed the strands which were all over my face and pulled them back so cautiously, that it seemed like he was afraid. Afraid that I might get hurt if he pulled a strand harder.

Grabbing all my hair in one place, I noticed him take off the band he wore in his wrist, and tie my hair with it in a loose ponytail.

He slowly came forward and kept on looking down as he breathed heavily, as if about to cry.

"Shehry." I couldn't pull myself together and just hugged him as I cried loudly into his chest. Cried because of all my bruises which stung me, but more because I couldn't bear to see him this hurt. He didn't hug me back.

I knew why. Because he was afraid it might hurt me. I pulled away and looked into his eyes as my tears constantly dripped onto our laps.

"Sh...Shehry. L..look at me." I said as I held onto his shoulders, but he didn't. He just leaned forward and scooped me in his arms, standing up slowly.

I wrapped my arms around his neck slowly and stared at his face. Pain, hurt, distress was quite evident from his expression.

"Hussain. Chal." He spoke in a low tone and Hussain nodded.

He carried me to medical asisstance along with Hussain and did not dare to say a word to me.

He laid me down on the bed and sat at the foot of the bed looking away. I put my hand on his and he flinched it away immediately.

"Shehry." I spoke. "M..meri taraf dekho."

He just sat there silently, frozen, as if he had sworn not to utter a single word. I slid forward a bit and cupped his face in my hands, slowly lifting it up to mine. Our eyes finally met and we couldn't look away.

I smiled slowly and he raised his shaky hand to my face, to my swollen lips, wiping away the blood that eluded from them. I just shook my head and smiled, grabbing his hand and detaching it from my lips.

He yanked it away and just looked to his side. He finally spoke, quietly. "I was right Nida."

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Right about..what?"

"I was right Nida. I don't deserve you. I don't fuckin'.... deserve you." His voice turned shaky and a tear rolled off my cheek.

"No Shehry. Why are you..."

"No Nida, I don't !!" He clenched his jaw, still looking away from me. I turned his face to me immediately with one hand.

"Why are you saying this Shehry ?!" I yelled, hurt.

"I don't deserve to be yours Nida. I...I let them touch you. I let them h...hurt you." A tear rolled off his right eye and I could feel my heart ache inside me.

"It's not your fault Shehry. They..." I was about to say more but he cuts me through.

"It is my damn fault Nida ! Samajhti kiyun nahi ho tum ! Meri waja se itni chot aayi tumhein. Itna...dard hua. Aur mein...mein kuch bhi na kar saka tumhaare liye.....Kuch bhi nahi. I'm just one useless prick !" He yelled as he clenched his jaw even harder, fisting the bedsheet in his hand all while he kept looking down.

"Shehry, meri taraf dekho. Shehry idhar dekho!" I tried pulling his face to mine, but he stayed put. All of a sudden, he jerks his head upwards with tears building up in his eyes as he yelled.

"Kaise dekh loon tumhari taraf ?! Dard hota hai Nida. Dard hota hai tumhein aise dekh ke ! Unhein choone diya meine, tumhein. Aaj agar woh tumhaare saath yeh kar paaye to kal...kal meray hotay huay log tumhaari jaan le lein ge aur mein...mein kuch bhi nahi kar paaounga." Tears now rapidly fell off his eyes like never before and I pulled his head to my chest, holding him tight as I weeped.

"Shehry, it's....it's not your fault. Tumne meri jaan bachaayi.. "

He pulled back instantly. "Jaan bachayi ?! Jaan bachaayi hai meine tumhaari ??!! Wohi mein aik second aur lagaata to sab kuch cheen letay na woh tum se ?! Tumhaari.....jaan bhi !"

He got off the bed and headed towards the door. "Shehry ! Shehry ruko !" I tried calling after him but he didn't stop once, and left.

I just cried to myself. Why was he blaming himself for all this?! Shehryaar please aise mat karo. Please....

The doctor came soon and bandaged all my wounds and I just kept on weeping for what the doctor mistakened for pain, but in reality, it was him, who I was crying for.

Shehry's POV:

I couldn't. I couldn't stay a second longer with her.

She called after me. "Shehry ! Shehry ruko !" But I didn't wanna stop. It was too painful to look at her. I just left the room and cried to myself.

"Nahi kar sakounga mein kuch bhi tumhaare liye Nida ! Kabhi kuch nahi kar sakounga !!! I was never worth." I sobbed punching the locker as I leaned my forehead against it. I just gave up and slid down as I sat against it.

"Itna dard hua tumhein aaj, sirf...sirf meri waja se." I weeped silently but harder and felt a presence in front of me.

I glanced up and saw her. Her face and neck all covered in bandages. Tears rapidly rolling off her cheeks.

I just looked down, and running my hand through my hair, I tugged onto them in pain over seeing her face again.

She limped slightly and sat down. "Ah !" She let out, crushing my heart, and then gulped, as if holding in her pain.

"Shehry...." was all she could utter.

She then tilted slightly and leaned herself against my chest as she hiccuped and sniffed, trying not to cry anymore while my heart cried inside me.

I slowly and carefully put my arms around her, trying not to let the scars she had because of my carelessness, hurt her.

She raised her arms slightly and grabbed mine, pulling them closer and tighter against herself and my body stiffened due to fear of hurting her.

She lifted my left hand with her own left hand, up to our faces as we stared at it. Our engagement rings visible as they shone under the light.

"We made promises." She whispers, touching my ring with her cold fingers.

All this while she didn't turn to look up at my face. "I love you Shehryaar Asif. Stay with me. Protect me and love me the way you always do. And I promise I'll do the same. Even more. We may be young to understand this relationship, but with time we'll reach its innermost depths. Bus aise hi...." She trailed off and then held my hand tighter in hers.

"...aise hi aik doosray ka haath thaam kar." She completed and just stayed there silently breathing against my chest.

I lifted my shaky hand up to her head and caressed her hair.

I love you too Nida Rizwan Khan.

"Kuch kaho ge nahi?" She asked quietly.

"Nahi. Aaj kuch kehnay ke liye reh hi nahi gaya." I replied.

"Sure?" She asked.

"Yeah." I responded.

"Damn sure?" She asked exactly the way I did when we first confessed to each other.

I took a deep breath and replied finally. "I love you too, Nida Rizwan Khan."

She lifted her head off me and looked up at me.

"Phir se kaho. I didn't feel it." She smiled as I looked down at her.

"Shokhi bakri." I murmered and she giggled instantly.

She inhaled and then raised her eyebrows.

"I love you more, Nida." I whispered and she sighed.

Lifting her hands to my face, she touched both corners of my lips and curved them upwards.

I smiled finally and she smiled back. "Papa taught me. That if someone ever forgets to smile, you gotta forcefully make them smile like this. Dheet insaan khudi muskuraana shuru kar de ga. Besht technique." She winked and spoke making it seem like she copied the exact words of her father.

I grinned and she continued. "He does that to mama a lot, whenever she's sad and it hardly ever takes a second before she starts smiling like she's the happiest person in the world."

A tear rolled off my eye unknowingly as yesterday's events flashed in my mind. Her mother....my second mother. No. No. I have to be strong.

"Shehry?" She furrowed and wiped my tear away.

I smiled and shook my head.

"Phir se bolo ab. Ab iss bari waali smile ke saath....Please?" She asks, looking directly into my eyes with her pearl like ones.

I smiled my widest. "I love you too, Nidzi."

She smiled instantly and letting her hands on my shoulders she tried lifting herself up but couldn't so I instantly shifted my arms under her legs and pulled her onto my lap so that she was elevated a little.

She smiled, blushing a little as she leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

She then pulled her head to my shoulder again and leaned against it as she breathed against my neck making sparks fly within me. We just stayed like that for around fifteen minutes or so with our eyes shut when we hear a familiar voice.

"Oye laila-majnoo. Ditched all your classes, huh?" She lifted her head off me and blushed when she heard Hussain.

"Come on. At least celebrate with the school. It's Thanksgiving, remember?" Hafsa, who was with him, added.

I got up and helped Nida up. She limped slightly and I put my arms around her quickly. "Can you walk?"

"I guess I can limp. It's okay. I'll manage." She smiled.

"I can always carry you." I offered and she blushed.

"Nahi. It's okay. I don't wanna attract any unnecessary attention. I can manage." She was right. People are already pretty much after us eversince they found out that two populars got into a relationship.

The four of us went out to the large auditorium which was filled with students buzzing in excitement.

Smells of turkey and even their haraam animals filled the air. Ugh !

"There guys ! My friend Maleeha made sure we Pakis had something for ourselves too." Hafsa pointed to a stall on one side of the auditorium which had a large Pakistani flag on top and had the special green sign. Halal. Haha.

We walked over and took our seats at the large table as we begin grubbing into some delicious Desi food.

After the eating, loud Punjabi music played in the background and we all did Bhangra, thlugh I didn't let Nida leave her seat. So she just watched us and enjoyed.

"Sexy bhagra karta hun na?" I smirked as I came to her, after the dance was over.

"Aisa waisa?" She gave me a thumbs up and I chuckled, sitting down in the chair beside her.

I just stared at her wounded face as people continuously kept asking her what happened, and all she replied with was that she got into an accident.

She turned to me. "Kia ghoor rahay ho?"

"Aur kuch hai idhar ghoorne laiq?" I asked and she blushed.

"Hafsa hai. Tumhaari B.F.F?" She said teasingly and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Oye hero. Sahi to keh rahi hai. Itni eye candy to uss mein bhi nahi dikhay gi tujhe jitni yahaan hai." Hafsa boasts and I rolled my eyes.

"Pehn tu chud de !" I said and everyone laughed.

"Kar diya na behan-zone aapko phir?" Nida shakes her head at Hafsa and she sighs dramatically.

"Pata tha mujhe. Saale se pyaar kia hua tha kuch saal pehlay. Aise hi iss ne friend zone mein daal diya. Aur ab dekho. Behanzone mein utha ke phenkh diya." Hafsa says snifging all dramatically and Nida shakes her head 'Tsk-ing', joining her in the drama.

"Aik number ki draamay baaz dono saheliyaan." Hussain rolled his eyes and I gave him a fist bump in agreement.

"Tum dono se hi seekhi hai yeh filmyness." Hafsa says and Nida giggled.

"Oye oye ! Dono kaiko? Hussain. He taught you all this nakhray vakhray." I said.

"Aye bhai ! Rehne de, tu bhi koi kam Shahrukh nahi bana phirta." Hussain frowned at me.

"Perfectly put Hussain. Namoona thought he could beat you in the SRK pose. He sucked." Nida smirked and my jaw dropped.

"Hahaha. Chaa gayi bhabhi jee." He leaned over the table and gave Nida a high-five.

Shokhi bakriyaan. Saare ke saare.

We were done chilling and the bell rang, marking it the end of school. But before we could leave, there was an announcement.

"Attention students. This brief announcement is to inform you that we'll be having camp pretty soon. We'll let you know as soon asbthe dates are finalized."  And with that the announcement ended and students barged out the auditorium happily.

"Hmm.. camp's gonna be real fun." I tell Nida.

"Huh? Yeah. I've never been to one though. And yes, it would be. Harry to..." She zipped up as soon as she saw the uncomfort on my face.

"Sorry." She looked down.

"No biggie." I smiled back reassuringly.

We walked to the gates and he walked with me to my car.

He took out his cell phone and dialled up. "Hello, Hussain. Yeah man. Can you guys take my bike home? I'm dropping Nida off today. Yeah....yeah...okay. Fine. Bye." He hung up and I furrowed.

"I'll drop you home." I smiled and she nodded in agreement with a soft smile on her lips.

We sat in the her red black Lamborghini and I ignited the car engine. There was a weird silence through the car.

I lifted my hand off the gear and grabbed her hand tangling my fingers in hers and she glanced at me, leaning her head to the seat as she smiled.

I shift my gaze back at the road after returning her a smile. "Nida."

"Hmm?" She says.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Tum phir se shuru hogaye." She whined and I just sighed.

"Koi sorry wori nahi. Shut up." She says getting pissed all of a sudden.

I didn't know what got into me and I spoke. "Tum...yeh school chor do Nida."

She lifted her head off her seat instantly and gaped at me in shock.

"Kia? Kiyun?" She asked.

"They're all after you. They're all out to get you. Pata nahi kab tak bacha paaounga tumhein Nida. Let's just be real here. I'm not Superman or Batman. I won't always be around you whenever you get into trouble even if I die wishing for such a superpower....... I love you too much to see you suffer like this." I felt my eyes get teary again as my heart ached inside me, but I contained myself.

"Chor do. Iss se pehlay ke mujhe...mujhe tumhaari zindagi mehengi parr jaye. Mein tumse bohat pyaar karta hun Nida. Chor do yeh school. Aur mein bhi chor doon ga. Hum dono kahin aur admission le lein ge aur..." I was about to say more but she cuts me through.

"Shehry, papa had always dreamed for me to study here at Richard Shane, one of the best schools all over New York. Mein aise...aise unn ke khawaabon pe pani nahi pher sakti school chor ke." She looked down at her hands and I sighed.

"Okay." All I could utter.

"It's just a matter of two more years and we're out of here." She added making it sound more like two more days.

I sighed. "Promise me you'll always try to protect yourself Nida. I'll always stay by you and be your hero but whenever I miss, I need my supergirl to let out her superpowers to rescue herself." I whispered and she smiled wider, gripping my hand tighter.

"I know you always and forever will be my superhero after my dad." She says and I lift her hand to my lips and kissed the back of it, whispering onto it. "Always and forever."

_________________________

So there you go guys. Happy now? :) Because I know I am. Oh and tell me your favourite part from the chapter ;) ♡

Guys, do you think Shehry and Nida are gonna get married anytime soon? :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 964 31
This is the story about a girl who gets an arranged marriage but she still in love with her ex. She tries to move on but life is one hell of a roller...
147K 12K 63
Aayesha Adam Qureshi is a fun loving girl when suddenly one day she met a guy who changed everything in her. Her life is no more like before. Her lif...
About us. By H.

Fanfiction

32K 1.2K 36
The story of Hussain and Hania,which will make you laugh,cry and maybe melt your heart a bit too. Going through a lot of things in their life at such...
255K 16.4K 62
**COMPLETED** SEQUEL TO SAJDAH Shehryaar and Asmaara meet again after three years of no contact at all. A lot has changed yet, a lot is still the sam...