High On Life

By bejeweled_30

Nida Khan's got everything a girl could possibly want; riches, style, popularity, charm, A grades, and a far... More

1: New School
2: Being Nice
3: Butthurt
4: Unexpected Weekend
5: Getting To Know You
6: Meeting The DhoomBros
7: Hints
8: Je T'aime......Pas !
9: Saviour Or Tormentor
10: The Race And Its Aftermath
11: I'll Take Care Of You
12: Birthday
13: Party Catastrophe
14: Teddy Bear And.....Secrets?
15: The Challenge
16: Bipolarity At Its Utmost Peak
17: Bromance Or Romance?
18: Sheer Disbelief
19: Words Which We Never Said
20: Love Triangle?
21: Shocker
22: Destiny In A Mere Paper
23: Fate Revealed
24: Nighttime Romance Gone Wrong
25: High On Love
26: School Madness
27: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 1)
Author's Note
28: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 2)
29: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 3)
30: Confused
31: Love And Family
32: The Concealed
33: Agreement And Tension
34: Revelation Of The Truth
36: The Engagement (Part 1)
37: The Engagement (Part 2)
38: Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gaye
39: Affliction
40: The Fault In His Love
41: Little Moments
42: Numb....
43: The Unexpected Bend In Our Road
44: Seven Days....Seven Decades
45: Sajna Teri Judaai.... Meinu Raas Na Aayi
46: Day One At Camp
47: Just One Chance?
48: Another Day, Another Memory
49: A Departing Soul's Secret Wish
50: The Truth Was Out
51: The 'To Be's' Outing
52: Masquerade Ball
53: Qubool Hai
54: Feels
55: Lost The Battle
56: First Time
57: Bailed Out
Author's Note
58: Losing It
59: The Inevitable
60: Judaai
61: Untold Memories
62: Unanswered
63: Did Time Really Heal Both Ends?
64: Hope?
65: The Plan
66: Pleasing Awkwardness
67: We Found 'Us'
68: His Love Potion Worked
69: Love Makes Life Live
70: New Year, New Beginning
71: Crucial Meet With The Truth
72: Back To All That Once Existed
73: Shidzi Ever After
74: Blessed
Epilogue
Author's Note
Fam Jam

35: Good Times

3.3K 226 238
By bejeweled_30

Hey guys, I'm so regretting the last chapter I wrote :'( So here's a better one. Hope you enjoy :)

____________________________

Shehry's POV:

"Chal na pagli, senti kiyun ho rahi hai? Sorry na." I whined shaking her shoulder, trying to get her to turn to me.

"Nahi. Meine itni dafa call kiya tha tumhein subha aur tum ne aik phone nahi uthaaya mera." She frowned still looking away from me.

"Yaar mein so raha tha.......Abhi to engagement bhi nahi hui aur abhi se hi wifey material?" I smirked and felt her blushing.

"Wifey ke kuch lagtay. Do you not understand my need? I called you for a damn reason. Melissa mera kaleja (liver) nikaal kar kha jaayegi." She said, raising her voice a little. I chuckled mentally.

"Acha to ab madam ne homework nahi kiya to hone waale mangetar ka qasoor hai na?" I said narrowing my eyes and lifted my hand off her shoulder.

She chuckled a bit and then straightened herself switching back to 'attitude mode'. "Nahi. But if I didn't do my math homework, at least you shouldn't have forgotten your notebook at home."

I smirked. "Oh ! So you were planning on copying my homework, huh? Aye Nidzi ! Pyaar apni jaga aur parhaai apni jaga. I don't share my homework." I fold my arms across my chest and pretended to show attitude.

She finally turned to me and scoffed. "Excuse me? Woh din bhool gaye ho jab meri notebook meray bag se chori kartay thay copy karne ke liye? When clearly, it's against the law to open up a girl's bag."

To this, I snaked my arm around her waist and jerked her in my direction as she crashed into me.

"Why? What's so special in a girl's bag?" I smirked.

She blushed a cute shade of pink and looked down at us.

"A lot of stuffff." She whispered, elongating the 'f', still gawking down at the contact.

"Like what?" I whispered back.

"My diary for example. Jo tum ne chor ki tarha khol ke parhi thi." She made a face and I chuckled.

"Acha? Aur kia hota hai?" I smirked even wider knwing there's stuff I'm better of not knowing about but...it was fun making her all uneasy like this.

She hits my arm. "Hun andar di cheez.......andar hi rehn de." She winks, copying my Dolly Aunty dialogue and I cackled like an idiot.

I shake my head. "Meri billi, meinu hi meow?"

She laughed and then suddenly hushed up, remembering the math homework which needed to be submitted two periods after recess.

"Shehry, what the hell man ?! I need your homework. Behjay mein kuch nahi gaya meray pichli class mein." She complained.

"Shehry ke side effects, huh?" I winked and she slapped my arm. "Shehry !"

"Okay fine ! I have my damn notebook. Return it in the sixth lesson before Melissa kicks my bum too." I chuckled and her eyes lit up as she clung to me.

"Hayee. Thanks for saving my ass." She squeals over my shoulder.

"Uh, you're welcome?" I slowly react to her unexpected hug by wrapping my arms around her.

We pulled away and she blushed.

I glanced at my wristwatch. "You wasted like an entire 15 minutes of this recess that I was dying to spend with you." I pouted.

She smiled. "Acha sorry. Come let's sit somewhere." She grabbed my wrist, giving me tickles, and led me to the campus grounds where we sat down on the cold grass.

"I'm so hungry and because of your math homework drama, I couldn't even eat." I frown opening up my lunchbox.

"I already told you I'm sorry." She makes a puppydog face and I pinched her cheek.

She glares at me and I took out a gulab jamun from my lunch box and brought it to her mouth.

"Gulaab jaamun? Kis khushi mein?" She raised an eyebrow and I rolled my eyes.

"Tera patti dev banne ki khushi mein. Aur kis liye?" I replied and she giggled.

I sighed happily. "Just cause you said yes. I made them myself." I smiled softly and moved it closer to her mouth. She opened it up a bit and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I'm not feeding you my credit card Nida !" I say, annoyed.

She laughed hard and then opened her mouth a little more than before. I slid closer to her across the grass and lifted my other hand to her face and tipped her chin a little lower as she shuddered slightly and shoved the whole gulab jaamun in her mouth.

"Umm...mm...am..a.z.." She tries to mumble out something with her mouth full and I laughed at the cute bloated face she made.

"Kha lo pehlay, phir bata dena kitne awesome gulab jaamun banaye hain meine." I winked at her and she nods, smiling.

She gulped it down and spoke up. "Shehry these were amazing. Thanks yaar."

"Anytime love." I made a kissy face and handed her a gulab jamun.

She smiled and took it. "Engagement ki advanced mubarak ho aapko, Mr. Mangetar." She whispered as she brought the gulab jamun close to my face.

I couldn't help but smile at this gesture and opened my mouth wide while she moved it into my mouth. My tongue touched her fingers during the contact and she flinched back her hand, her facial colors flushed away.

"Aapko bhi engagement mubarak ho.....jaan." I said putting my hand on hers as it rested on the soft grass.

I just put my head in her lap and relaxed. Her eyes widened.

"Shehry, koi dekh le ga. Get up. We're at school man." She quickly says.

I just smiled looking up at her. "To dekhne do."

"Shehry, people are staring at us." She whispered, leaning down closer to my face so I could hear.

"Oh acha? Spiderman waali?" I smirked.

"What?" She furrowed.

Hmm...bachi too shareef to even understand.

"If I do it, will you understand then?" I asked very seriously and her eyes just widened more.

"What do you mean?" She whispered, still quite close to my face, making my heart jump out of my ribcage.

Uff. Abhi tak nahi samjhi.

"Spiderman waali? Inverted heads? Remember the scene?" I rolled my eyes, then grabbed the back of her neck, lifting myself up to her face and she instantly moved back, terrified.

"Oh my God Shehry !!!" She hits my arm, blushing hard.

Chalo samajh to aayi. Na hi samajhti to acha hota. Issi bahaane kuch mil to jaata.

I bit my lip to stop myself from grinning like an idiot as she looked away with my head still in her lap.

And right then the bell rang, breaking me out of my trance. Yay. Free lesson !

I got off her and she, straightening her clothes stood up along with me.

She avoided my gaze and walked ahead of me and I grabbed her address jerking her in my direction.

"Hey! Basanti ! Teray ghar ka address bol de." I smirked, quoting lyrics from the Dance Basanti song.

"Hai to sahi tumhaare paas." She bit her lip to stop herself from smiling and yanked herself away from me, walking away but I block her path, standing in front of her. "Basanti ! Teray dil ka tu gate khol de." I winked tugging the part of my jacket away from my chest, quoting the next lyrics.

She pushed me in the chest and walked past me from the side when I purposely put my leg in her path almost making her trip, and caught her in my arms, snaking my arm around her waist. Thank God, the grounds were empty for my basanti and I.

"Basanti ! Visphotak bas ek smile hai." I whispered tracing my finger on her lips as I held her down in my arms making her heart go wild and her grip tighter on my shoulder.

She kept on staring into my eyes as I put her back straight and she runs away from me, giggling with a cute red face.

I just stood there gawking at her sprint towards class, looking fine as eff.

Tu sar se paaon tak poori missile hai

Oh. I have to get to class too. Although it's a free lesson, but these substitute teachers are damn annoying.

I entered class and saw her in her seat already with my notebook as she chaapa-fied my homework. Iss basanti ka kia karoon mein.

I shook my head and chuckled silently as I headed towards my seat beside her.

"Hogaya chaapa?" I ask leaning my elbow on the desk and balancing my head in my hand.

"Nahi." She just replies, too busy flipping pages and copying letter and letter and number by number of my homework.

"Come on Nidzi. Free lesson hai yaaar !"

She sighs, shutting both notebooks, hers and mine and glances at me. "Done."

"Whoa ! Speed hai yaar !" My jaw dropped in shock.

"Tumhaari tarha turtle speed mein nahi likhti." She boasts and I roll my eyes.

"So? Bara 'free lesson' lagay hua tha tub se? Kia chahiye ab?" She raised an eyebrow and I smirked and grabbed her hand quickly and got up.

"What...what are you doing? Sit down. Everyone's looking." She whispers, pulling me down.

I leaned down towards her ear. "No substitute teacher. Chal bhaag chalein." She just stared at my face at the last sentence and I winked.

She sighs and I leave her hand. "Come after a few minutes so nobody suspects anything. Oh and....don't ditch, okay ?!" I said the last part a little sternly.

Kabhi kabhi Mr. Hone Waale Mangetar ko strict bhi hona chahiye.

I smiled at her and walk out the class.

Nida's POV:

Pehlay to jhoom raha tha meray saath 'dance basanti' gaa kar aur ab class ditch karne ko keh raha hai. Hai kia, shokhi bakri.

I sighed as I waited for a few minutes to leave class and was just about to get up when Harry comes and sits beside me. Umm....what? And why exactly?

"Hey." He says quietly, putting his head on the desk and stared intently into my eyes with a smile on his face.

"Hi." I forced back a smile and just wanted to get back. It had already been 5 minutes since he left.

"Nida. I have to talk to you." He says.

"Okay, go ahead." I said very reluctantly. I soo didn't want him to talk, especially when I knew very clearly what he was gonna talk about.

"You know, Hafsa? That girl from Sophomore?" He asks.

"Yeah." I replied very casually.

"She was with Shehry yesterday. They were hugging by the lockers." He says, looking in the space.

"Nice try Harry. But talking crap about my best friend and my boyfriend isn't gonna make me love you back. Now if you'll excuse me." I responded, putting special emphasis on the word 'boyfriend' and got off my seat, making my point and walked towards the door.

I walked out, feeling a little bad about talking that way. But he deserved it, didn't he? I mean nobody dare utter shit about the people I'm closest to, in life.

I was just lost in my thoughts when I felt an arm on my shoulder. It was Shehry.

"Nida, you okay?" He asks with a concerned expression on his face.

"Yep. Never been better." I replied with a smile.

"Did you kick someone's ass while I was here?" He asks all of a sudden and I grinned.

"Yeah. Infact I did."

"That's my supergirl. Saw that through the window." He winks and my jaw dropped.

"Really?" I ask, surprised.

"Yep. Meri fiancé pe koi nazar utha ke to dekhay. Ab tum meri amaanat bannay jaa rahi ho. And it's my duty to protect you. Saala haath to laga ke dekhta. Dhajjiyaan urra deta uss ki." He said. Sincerity and care oozing from his words.

A happy tear escaped my eye and I hug him.

"Itna pyaar kiyun kartay ho mujh se?" I asked in my shaky tone as my smile just did not seem to fade away.

"Na karnay ki koi waja?" He asks in return as he caressed my hair.

"Nahi bas aise hi pooch rahi thi." I whisper and he pulls back as he stares at my face, smiling.

"You're the most beautiful person I've ever met in my life. Ever. You're perfect. Inside, out. With all your flaws and imperfections. And my love for you will never fade. It'll only grow stronger with each passing day." He smiled, looking directly into my eyes.

He paused for a few seconds and then spoke. "Mrs. Simone to leave pe chali gayi, apne new born ki care karne pr ab....mera dil preggo ho gaya hai." He smirks and my eyes widened.

"What ?!" I chuckled.

"Lagta hai ishq paida hone waala hai." He replies and I burst out laughing.

"Tum kabhi nahi sudhro ge." I giggled, hitting his arm.

"I know, I know I'm awesome." He boasts, jerking his collar upwards.

We sat down against the lockers and just stared at the campus in complete silence as the soft wind blew past us.

"So....how should I propose to you?" He asks, still looking into the distance.

"The way you want. I don't have special requests. Just do it in front of my family, that'll be enough for me." I say also looking straight.

I feel his hand grab mine slowly as my fingers intertwine in his, sending shivers down my spine.

"That has always been my first priority." He whispers turning his face towards me, and I also turned to him and smiled.

His free hand slowly reached the back of my head as he slowly pushed it forward. He leaned his own face closer and I could feel his warm heavy breaths on my face and my grip on his hand tightened as he just kept leaning closer to my face, till now when our faces were just a few centimetres apart.

I could feel the heat emitting from his face, making my heartrate rise, and my breathing hitched in me the second he shut his eyes, pushing my face towards his.

In a matter of a few milliseconds, I just lost control of myself as my heart pounded in my ribcage, and shut my eyes, just about to lose myself to him when all of a sudden a 'Thatch' sound broke us out of our oblivion and we shot our eyes open at the same time as we looked around to find the source of the noise.

All of a sudden, I caught sight of a branch from one of the trees in the campus grounds, on the floor. My cheeks were burning red as I didn't dare look back at him. His hand emitting constant heat as it still grabbed mine.

He turned my face to his all of sudden and leaned in, kissing my jawline. His lips, harsh against my skin and I felt my heart explode.

"Shehry." I gasped.

"Hmm?" He pulled back, slowly detaching his lips from my jaw and smiles at me. His hand still behind my head and he slowly lets go, folding his arms across his chest as he stared at the grounds, smiling to himself.

I just decided to stay silent too, though I was burning all over. We were so close to kissing. Shit !

"Abhi to engagement bhi nahi hui humaari."

"Did you say something babe?" He turns towards me. Omg ! Was I thinking aloud.

"No, no. I didn't." I said quietly.

"Tension na lo. I won't force you into anything before marriage." He smirked and I scoffed, punching his arm.

He just laughed and I hit his arm a few more times.

"Acha bhai sorry. Mein to bas waise hi keh raha tha. But remember, if you lose control. Mein humesha hosh mein honga. Same goes for you, if I do." He bit his lip from smirking.

"Shehryy !! Ugh ! I swear, sometimes I just wanna slap that smirk off your face." I say, blushing as I pushed him away from me.

"Acha? Chalo. Go ahead." He moves his cheek in front of me and instead of slapping it, I couldn't help myself and just kissed it.

"Knew it !" He squealed and I push him, making him fall backward to the floor.

The bell rang suddenly and we both got up and headed to math class. Thank God for him, I had done my math homework and Miss Melissa won't chew my brains out.

After two whole math lessons, it was time for P.E.

"Wear pink." Shehry winks as he left for the guys' locker room and I just stood there blushing. This guy was just too much.

I headed to my locker room and changed into my baby pink Adidas hoodie and sweatpants and white trainers. I tied my hair up in a messy bun with strands hanging loose on my sides and looked at myself in the mirror. Perfect, I guess.

I headed out with the rest of my girls and we entered the ground to find guys gawking at us, as usual.

Shehry looked at me and gave me a thumbs up. I shaped my fingers into a gun and shut one eye, pretending to shoot at him.

He puts his hand to his heart all dramatically and falls to the floor. The guys around him immediately gathered around him.

"Guys guys. I'm okay. I'm okay." He says biting his lip hard to stop himself from laughing, as they helped him up thinking he fainted.

I giggled at the scene in front of me and he just smirked.

The football match begin and this time Shehry was in my time. We played with amazing coordination and finally won the game.

"Yaay !!" We hugged each other, celebrating our victory and the other team members kept aww'ing.

Finally the bell rang and it was time to go home.

We stood at the gates. "Ready for next weekend?" He winks.

"Always." I smile and we waved to each other parting our ways.

Next weekend is our engagement. Time is running by so fast. I just wish it brings me nothing but happiness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 6.3K 49
DISCLAIMER: hi guys I'm going to be editing and rewriting this book completely so if you don't see the chapters or if you see a notification saying I...
About us. By H.

Fanfiction

32K 1.2K 36
The story of Hussain and Hania,which will make you laugh,cry and maybe melt your heart a bit too. Going through a lot of things in their life at such...
65.2K 4.7K 22
Thanks to my Aaru (@__aaaarya___) for the gorgeous cover picture. Copyright Disclaimer: I don't own any rights of pictures used if any. They belong...
626K 37.8K 42
"Kabir Malhotra, a 25-year-old, young, handsome, gym freak, always a hot topic among girls. He's known to be rude and doesn't care about anyone excep...