Go Beyond! BNHA x Reader Vari...

By Rika_Akane

Yet another fanfic for the ever famous My Hero Academia bois! Giving you some fluff for the heart, angst, and... More

A Little Reminder
Amajiki Tamaki: Love at First Sight?
Bakugou Katsuki: Pumped up!
Bakugou Katsuki: Pumped Up! (2)
Midoriya Izuku: Off the List
Amajiki Tamaki: Kotatsu Hibernation
Bakugou Katsuki: Don't Look
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable (2)
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable (3)
Kaminari Denki: All Tricks, No Treat (Halloween Special)
Todoroki Shouto: At Least you Smiled
Amajiki Tamaki: Confession Nerves
Kirishima Eijirou: Scribbles
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable (4)
Midoriya Izuku: Off With his Head!
Amajiki Tamaki: Say It and I'm yours
Mustard: Got your Back (secretly)
Dabi + Shigaraki Tomura: Lifeless
Bakugou Katsuki: Rain Fiasco
Kaminari Denki: Sparks (New Year Special)
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable (5)
Bakugou Katsuki: And Yet. . .
Kaminari Denki: Please Shut your Mouth
Midoriya Izuku: Leap of Faith
Kirishima Eijirou: Jokes Aside
Bakugou Katsuki: Lost
Bakugou Katsuki: Lost (2)
Bakugou Katsuki: Lost (3)
Amajiki Tamaki: The Red String
Togata Mirio: Always Here
Amajiki Tamaki: A Lover and a Child
Kirishima Eijirou: Nothing Ever Changes
Todoroki Shouto: Stay
Todoroki Shouto: Stay (2)
Todoroki Shouto: Stay (3)
Midoriya Izuku: That Strange Girl
Hawks: The Last Time
A/N: I'm sorry I just need to get this out
Bakugou Katsuki: 24 Hours with a Brat (Christmas Special)
Kirishima Eijirou: Somehow (New Year's Special 2)
Bakugou Katsuki: Love is a Competition. . . Apparently
Iida Tenya: Rabbit Apples and Children's Books
A/N: Hewwo
Todoroki Shouto: Secret and Forbidden
Midoriya Izuku: Link
Midoriya Izuku: Link (2)
Midoriya Izuku: As Night Falls

Midoriya Izuku: Regrets

6.1K 107 35
By Rika_Akane

Oh heck no, is this seriously happening? 110k reads?! Asjdhydnekfjdkwlzgvsl

Aaaaahhhhhh, I love y'all sooo much! I haven't been able to open Wattpad for a long time and when I did, the 99+ notifications surprised me. Wow, I have never received that much notifs in my whole life, ack.

Anywho, as something extra special for y'all, and also something I made for Halloween, here's a one-shot with the floofy broccoli boi! I'm supposed to post an artwork too, but I'm still busy finishing up on the FNAF fanart I'm making. But anywho, enjoy!

A Midoriya x Reader. Yet another AU! You're a glassblower with a strange ability. That's why, a certain person chose you to fulfill his wish.

Oh, and before I forget, this is the long awaited request from InsanityBubbleBubles . I'm super sorry this took too long, but I still hope you enjoy it!

Additional key(s) to remember:

(B/N)—brother's name (elder)

(S/N)—sister's name (younger)

><><><

You wiped the sweat off your brow as you placed the piping hot rod of melted raw materials onto a platform. Quickly, you pressed it down to flatten it, then placed it back in the glass oven to gather up more gob.

Your elder brother, (B/N), took another metal rod to help you stretch out the molten glass. You let him do his job, while your dad was working on the swirly design for the marble.

"(Y/N)," your father called, gaining your attention. "You should really get going now. You're going to be late for school."

Glancing at the wall clock, sure enough, it was time for you to get going. Nodding your head, you bid your father and brother goodbye, slipping off your apron then walking out of your family's workshop.

"(S/N), it's time for us to go!" You called out for your little sister upon entering your house. You waited for her to pop out from wherever she was, but she didn't show up. You didn't even hear a response from her.

Huh, maybe mom brought her along already?  You wandered through the living room, her bedroom, and the kitchen, but she was nowhere to be found. Until, you spotted her running around the backyard. You breathed a sigh of relief, opening your mouth to call out to her, when you suddenly paused, noticing something strange.

From behind the curtain hanging above the sliding door, you could make out an outline of. . . a person. The figure seemed to have thick, curly hair, with their hand reached out. Wait, (S/N)?! Realizing that your sister was also outside, and with that strange person, you rushed to slide open the door.

"(S/N)!" You exclaimed, startling your sister. Stepping out of the house, you were all ready to face whoever was with your younger sibling, but you didn't see a single person. Apart from her, there wasn't anyone else.

"Nee-chan, is it time to go to school already?" (S/N) spoke. You didn't respond, your eyes remaining on the empty space.

Your sister tilted her head to the side, straightening up from her crouching position. Meanwhile, you were lost in a confused daze. Maybe it's because I slept late last night, so I might be just seeing things. But then. . .

Why does it feel like—?

"Nee-chan!" You were snapped out of your thoughts by your sister calling out to you. You saw her staring at you in wonder.

"Ah, sorry. I thought you were. . ." You trailed off, deciding in your mind whether or not you should tell her about what you just saw earlier. In the end, you shook your head, giving her a smile.

"Nevermind. Come on, we have to go." You led her inside the house, waving goodbye to your mom before making your way out and to the school.

Unbeknownst to you, that strange figure from behind the curtain remained, standing still.

><><><

Upon arriving to your school, you quickly proceeded to your classroom, eager to catch some sleep before the first period bell rang. Lately, you haven't been able to sleep that well, ever since you've had that dream.

It involved a certain incident that happened when you were a child. You were running home as fast as you could in the middle of a strong rain. You just made some deliveries along the neighborhood, and it so happened that you forgot to bring your umbrella.

You couldn't remember some parts of the memory, but before you knew it, you found yourself in a river. You couldn't even remember how you got there. Then, from afar, you could see a figure of a boy, rushing to where you were. It seemed like he was saying something, but you couldn't hear what it was. You desperately tried to reach out to him, for the strong current of the river kept on dragging you somewhere.

There were some incoherent words shouted, your hand and his reaching out to each other. Until. . . you were met with darkness.

3 years has passed, and now you were a 16-year old high school student. Ever since then, you kept having that dream. You would relive the memory of drowning in that river, the strange boy's attempt to help you. Then just as you were about to come closer and make out what the boy looked like, you would suddenly wake up.

No matter how much you thought of this boy, racking in your mind of what he looked like, you couldn't do it. Your parents had informed you that the day of the incident, you were knocked out when you bumped your head on a rock. Because of that, you couldn't remember most of what happened, even the boy who was there with you. When you asked your parents about him, all they said was they didn't notice that there was someone else there with you on that day.

As time passed, you decided to let that memory go. However, even if you did, it still kept coming back every night. Now instead of forgetting it, the thought of that mysterious person bugged you.

The bell for first period rang, startling you awake from your rather short nap. As the teacher stepped into the room, you turned your head to look out the window. Glancing down, your eyes widened when you noticed something.

There was a boy, with thick, curly, green hair, standing underneath a cherry blossom tree. Even though you shouldn't be surprised since you have seen some students roaming around there before, you were actually surprised to see a kind of guy like him.

He was wearing a middle school uniform, something that was unusual to see here in your school. You narrowed your eyes to further study him, and that's when you noticed that his gaze seemed to be directed at you.

You jumped back from your seat, startled as to why a strange middle school student would be staring at you. You ripped your eyes away from him, turning you attention back to the lesson your teacher was discussing.

However, not a minute has passed when you decided to catch a quick glance to check if he was still there. When you did though, you were surprised to see that he was gone.

Disappeared? No, he might've just gone away. Maybe he. . . just went back to his own school.

You focused back on your studies, averting your attention from that strange boy. You were so sure that it was all due to your lack of sleep. . . that you felt like you might've been seeing the person who appears in your dreams—the one who "saved" you.

But it wasn't even possible.

Because that boy was known to be dead a long time ago.

><><><

School had ended before you knew it. You quickly left before anyone else in your class. You wanted to go home and help out your family in the glassblowing business, then finally get some sleep.

The thought of that boy you saw from the courtyard had vanished in your mind. All you felt was excitement since you get to spend some time creating beautiful marbles with your family.

You've been in that kind of business since you were a child. You've always admired the marbles you watched your father and big brother make. The beautiful designs melded inside the glass was what amazed you the most. Because of that, you even had to push your father to teach you how to make marbles at a young age.

Since the incident with the river, you stopped glassblowing for a long time. Your parents forbid you to help out in the workshop for a while. But eventually, you were allowed back to help, since your mother didn't have enough time to help while she's paying attention to your little sister.

Speaking of little sister, you picked her up from her elementary school, then you walked home together. Along the way, you couldn't help but feel uneasy. It was like. . . someone was watching you. Unknowingly, your mind drifted back to the boy in the courtyard.

You stopped in your tracks, turning around to see if anyone was following you. But you were only greeted with the emptiness of the street. Your sister peeked at you, wondering as to why you looked so uneasy.

She gently squeezed your hand, turning your attention back to her. Realizing that you must've been acting weirdly this whole time, you shook your head, giving your sister a smile before you continued on your way.

I shouldn't be thinking about it. It's nothing. It's nothing. . .

><><><

You flopped down on your bed with an exhausted sigh, relieved to finally feel the softness of the cushion after a tiring day. You stared up at the ceiling, your eyes slowly fluttering closed. The exhaustion from everything you did came out like steam, making you feel extremely groggy. Finally, you fell into slumber.

"Please help. . ."

You were surrounded by darkness, yet you were surprised to hear someone. It sounded like it came from afar, but you couldn't even see anything.

"I need your help. . . please. . ."

Your feet unknowingly started dragging you to whatever direction you were heading. You started in a slow pace, and eventually, you found yourself running. You didn't know why and what you were doing, but hearing that voice made you want to rush over and see that person.

You ran and ran, but you couldn't find anyone. You looked around you, there was nobody at all. Is this a joke?

"Hey!" You called out. "Where are you?"

Your voice echoed through the darkness. You were sure that person should've heard it at least. You waited for a response, but there was nothing. You pressed your lips together.

"Why aren't you showing yourself? How am I supposed to help you if I can't see you?" You called out once more, but you were only responded in silence.

You lowered yourself into a crouching position, sighing. Who was that voice? And why do I feel this need to help him?

As you sat in the middle of the darkness, your surroundings suddenly changed. A drop of something wet landing on your cheek startled you. You quickly sat up, eyes widening when you realized where you were—it was the river.

The rain became stronger, but you weren't feeling submerged anymore. You just stood there by the side, watching the river's current grow wilder.

"Ah!" That small, familiar voice made you turn your head to where it came from.

There you saw your younger self, falling onto the river. You had the urge to rush over and help, but your feet felt glued to the ground. You were unable to move at all. So you remained there, watching the scene unfold.

You saw your younger self struggle to keep afloat. You knew that feeling, and you knew how hard it would be for her small stature. You could hear her cry for help, yet you remained where you were because of your inability to move.

From somewhere not far from you, you noticed another person. It was a young boy, with the same hair as the boy you saw in your courtyard.

I-It's him! You saw how he suddenly jumped into the river, fighting the wild current in order to get closer to you. Though you could recognize his hair, his face remained vague to you.

"Please help. . ." Again, you heard that voice. This time, it was coming from beside you. Before you could turn around though, you felt a finger tap you on your shoulder. And that's when you were woken up.

You sat up with a start, your chest heaving up and down as if you just ran a marathon. Your eyes caught a glimpse of another presence in your room. Thinking it must've been a family member, you turned to them. But from the dim lighting of your room, who you saw wasn't your family. Instead, it was that strange boy.

"S-Sorry I startled you. . ." He spoke. It took you a few dazed seconds to realize that there was an unknown guy in your room, which brought you back to your senses.

"Uwaaahhh!!" You shouted, the opposite male jumping in surprise at your reaction. He tried to tell you to calm down, but you backed away from him.

"W-W-W-W-Who are you? W-What are you doing in my room? Heck, how did you even get here?!" You bombarded him with questions, your heart pounding in alarm. You continued to back away until your back came in contact with the headboard of your bed.

"Please calm down. I can explain," he said. But you weren't calming down even one bit. You racked your brain for any possible reason as to why he was here, but you couldn't think straight anymore.

Suddenly, a knock sounded from the door, startling you once more. Your sister came peeking in, seeing your state.

"Nee-chan, I heard you shouting. Is there something wrong?"

"(S/N). . ." You glanced at the boy who was now standing by your bedside, quickly turning back to your sister to check if she could see him.

"(S/N), can you see him?" You found yourself asking her. Though it may seem weird, but the fact that the guy you just saw in your dream and the one who disappeared from the courtyard was much weirder.

You sister tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"See who? Is there someone else in this room?" She gasped in realization. "Don't tell me, you got a secret boyfriend in—"

"No, not that!" You cut her off before she could say something that might catch your parents' and brother's attention.

You peeked once more at the opposite male. She really couldn't see him? You sighed, ruffling your hair.

"Nevermind, I guess I'm just feeling tired." You said, your sister looking at you as if she had doubts.

"Are you sure? Maybe you caught a cold?"

"No, no. I'm just tired," you turned away from her, pulling your blanket up as a gesture that you were going to sleep.

"Tell mom and dad I'm turning in early." You lied. You waited until she took your reason. By the time you heard the door shut close, you sat up again, facing the mysterious boy.

"Alright, explain." You demanded sternly, crossing your arms over you chest. Now that he was this close, you could finally see his features. His green, thick, curly hair reminded you of a broccoli, he has a pair of big, round, emerald eyes, and a few freckles on his face.

The boy bashfully rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, first of all, my name's Midoriya Izuku," he started. "You probably don't remember, but I'm—"

"The same guy who appears every time in my dreams and saves me from drowning. Yeah, I know that much," you cut him off. "What I wanna know is, how did you get here? And how come I can see you, but the others can't?"

You noticed how Midoriya's eyes softened at your last question.

"You may have heard about me before. . ." He spoke in a soft tone.

Just then, your mind flashed back to when you were in the hospital two days after the incident; that certain news about a boy who was found dead in the same river you almost drowned in.

"Y-You're that kid. . ." You gasped in realization. "S-So, you. . ."

Suddenly, you felt wetness trail down your cheeks. Midoriya saw this, immediately walking over to you, asking you what was wrong.

This guy really did save me. And because of that, he. . . You didn't realize it yourself that you were already crying. It was like a huge burden had just been placed on your shoulders. Just imagining how it must've felt like for him to suffer such a fate.

"I-I'm sorry. . ." You stuttered, lowering your head. Midoriya wave his hands in dismissal.

"N-No, it's alright! I should be the one to apologize. . . for appearing all of a sudden." he said.

You looked up at him, wiping the tears from your eyes. Even though he should be blaming you for his death, placing a grudge on you. His face remained pure, not a single evident of malice.

"How come I'm the only one who can see you?" You asked, allowing him to take a seat by your bedside.

"I'm not sure myself," he answered. "For all I know, nobody has ever noticed me. Not since all the time I've been wandering around here."

"Wandering around? So, you haven't been able to pass on?"

Midoriya shook his head sadly.

"After I died, all my memories vanished. I couldn't even remember my name. I only realized it when I came to a place. I think it was. . . my funeral. There were a lot of people I don't remember, and there I saw my name etched on a gravestone. Then I spent my time walking around. I'm not sure why, but I didn't know what I should be doing. I realized that I died, but I didn't know how to pass on. So I've been searching for some ways on how I could do so."

He took a quick glance at you before continuing,

"I happened to pass by a store with lots of television, and I saw the news of a drowning incident. That's when I found out how I saved you, and how I died. It took me a long time, but when I found you one day here in your house, for some reason, I felt that I needed to approach you,

At first, you didn't even notice I was there. I kept on doing something to catch your attention, but nothing worked. I was about to give up, but then you finally noticed this morning, that's when I started to make a move in approaching you again."

You took in everything he just said, trying to comprehend in yourself how you were given this ability to see him. Since you were a child, you couldn't do this kind of thing. So, does that mean I could see him because he's involved in what happened back then?

"Why did you come to me?" You asked. "I dreamt about that incident again, and I heard your voice asking for my help a few times. Why?"

You noticed how Midoriya's eyes glinted with a spark of something you couldn't explain. He leaned forward, as if he just realized something.

"Maybe, I came to you because I needed your help for me to pass on!" He declared, your eyes narrowing in disbelief.

"Why me though? Of all people, you should be mad at me! I practically murdered you, and now you come to me saying you need my help to pass on?"

Midoriya was startled with your tone. It's true, he realized himself. He should've been holding a grudge to you in the first place. But he couldn't do it. He wasn't that kind of person after all.

"I'm not mad at you," he said. "I don't think I ever did feel like that. I'm dead, and I don't have much memories left, so. . . any emotion I would feel are unknown to me."

Midoriya leaned closer to you.

"You're the only person I managed to talk to after so many years. Even though there's a lot of things that aren't clear to me, please. . ."

He lowered himself into a bow, startling you from your position.

"Help me."

Looking at his green curls, you thought deeply to yourself. All this time, he's been wandering around with no idea where he should go, or what to do. And now, he's finally managed to talk to someone.

If I refuse to help him, then. . .

You pressed your lips together, letting out a long sigh afterwards.

"Alright, I'll help you," at the mention of this, Midoriya perked up.

"But, you have to tell me what it is that I should help you with." You added, Midoriya nodding in response.

"Now, please let me sleep. I'll talk to you tomorrow." He nodded once more, while you buried yourself into the comforts of your bed.

><><><

The next morning, you were once again in the family workshop, working on a new marble. You stuck the metal rod into the glass oven, gathering up some gob.

"What are you doing?" Your shoulders jumped in surprise upon hearing Midoriya's voice from beside you.

You turned around with freshly melted gob on the tip of the metal rod, Midoriya's hand passing through like air when he tried to touch it. Peeking at him, you could see how his eyes flashed a hint of sadness.

"This is how you make glass marbles," you spoke, averting his attention. "What's here on the tip is heated silicon sand. It's called a gob. My family and I make glass marbles since I was a kid."

Midoriya nodded, his eyes turning to your father who was busy in shaping the marble into a perfect circle.

"It's amazing," he complimented, you nodding in agreement.

"It's a lot of work, but definitely worth the effort."

"You said something, (Y/N)?" your brother piped in as he walked inside, carrying a load of silicon sand then placing it into the extremely hot oven to melt.

Your shoulders jumped in surprise, the metal rod you were holding almost slipping off your grip. You straightened your posture, turning to face your brother.

"Huh? Oh, uh, it's nothing, bro. Just. . . wondering to myself," you lied, adding a rather awkward laugh at the end. Your brother quirked an eyebrow at you, then decided to help you out.

><><><

On the way to your school, Midoriya walked alongside you, looking around the surroundings like a tourist on vacation. You just dropped your sister off to her own school before going.

"So, what exactly do you need in order to pass on?" You asked, making sure that there was no one around before you spoke.

"Hm? Oh, I heard somewhere that spirits who weren't able to pass on may have something that they wished to do when they were alive, but couldn't," he explained.

"So. . . it's like, they have regrets?"

Midoriya nodded. "Something like that. But. . ." He paused his sentence as he lowered his head. "I couldn't remember anything, so I don't know if I have any regrets of my own."

You looked ahead. It's like, he's also lost some of his emotions along with his memories. That's. . .

You stopped in your tracks when you felt that the male next to you had also stopped. Turning around, you saw him staring off somewhere. When you followed his gaze, you saw that he was looking at a guy with spiky ash blonde hair. He had a rather intimidating look with that pair of crimson orbs, and he seemed to be a high school student too, but based on his uniform, he goes to a campus that's not really familiar to you.

You turned back to Midoriya, seeing him still staring at the guy even as he was slowly disappearing from sight. You raised an eyebrow.

"What, is he something you knew?" You asked.

". . . I-I don't know, but. . ." he spoke. "I feel like. . . we knew each other before. Maybe. . ."

Well, even I don't know who that guy is, so I can't answer him if he asks me.

Seeing that there was no use in thinking more about that blonde guy, and that you were going to be late to school, you went on your way after telling the green-haired male to get going.

The whole time in your school, Midoriya stayed near you. He was amazed in even the simplest of things, since it was his first time entering a high school. Actually, it's not really that different from middle school. He even stated that it coming to a place like that felt really familiar to him. He even got excited as he thought that he might remember something if he stayed there.

You took him along the campus, low-key giving him a tour while making sure that the other students wouldn't see what you were doing, or hear you talking to yourself.  You spent the whole lunch break helping him figure out what it is that he wishes for. But in the end, he still didn't find out.

><><><

After school, your mother told you that she'd be picking (S/N) up, so you had some time to kill before going home.

You went to some places where Midoriya could think clearly. And, even if it kind of makes you feel uncomfortable, you went to the river.

The whole time that you were there, the opposite male only stared at the river. You peeked at him through your eyelashes.

Thinking about it, he did say that the only memory he regained was the incident, besides the funeral part.

You stared off into the calm, flowing river. It was the total opposite from back then. Flashes of that memory and what happened to Midoriya came back to you, forcing you to tear your gaze away from the river.

"Hey, Midoriya—"

"You can call me Izuku," he cut you off, his gaze still fixated on the river.

"Alright, Izuku," you continued. "Do you feel some sort of regret right now?"

Midoriya hummed, as if he was thinking about something.

"Well, I did regret that I didn't know that guy we saw this morning even though he felt familiar to me," he answered, casting his eyes on the ground.

"But, even if I did find out who he is, I feel like it wouldn't be enough."

You sighed. Welp, it wouldn't be that easy for him to find out if he can't remember anything.

"That's okay. Take your time."

You stayed there for quite a while, until you felt like it was time for you to go home. You never took another look back at the river as you walked away.

Along the way, you passed by a flower shop, noticing that it was in its closing time already.

"Ah." You heard Midoriya exclaim, halting your walk. When you turned to him, you saw that he was staring off somewhere again, just like this morning.

You peeked inside the flower shop, noticing someone in there. Oh right, it's the owner. Narrowing your eyes, you saw an elderly woman, with green hair tied into a half bun, and big, round emerald eyes. Recognition flashed in your mind.

You took turns glancing at Midoriya, then to the flower shop's owner. You studied their features, comparing them to each other. Then, realization hit you.

"Who's. . ." Midoriya spoke, bringing you back from your thoughts. "Who is that? She feels familiar to me too."

Seeing her right there, memories once again came back to you. You recognized her. She once came to visit you while you were in the hospital. While your memory was hazy that time, you could only remember that soft smile she had. It wasn't anything forced, but it was genuine. Now, seeing her again, and with the similarity of her and Midoriya's features, you could tell that she's. . .

"She's. . ." You breathed out. "She's your mother, Izuku."

Midoriya's eyes widened, surprised to hear that from you.

"My. . . mother?" He repeated. "Ah, I see. So that's why she felt familiar, and we have similar features."

You nodded, your heart aching at the shaky tone of his voice. Wait, his voice. . . You looked up just in time to see the tears cascade down his freckled cheeks.

"M-My mom. . ." he stammered. "S-She's. . ."

You were startled at his reaction, reaching a hand out in an attempt to comfort him when your eyes caught sight of the woman from inside the shop. She seemed to notice your presence.

Alarmed, you grabbed Midoriya's hand, dragging him away before she could completely see you.

Meanwhile, as you ran further and further away from the flower shop, Inko stepped out, catching sight of your disappearing figure.

><><><

When you went home, you told Midoriya everything you knew about that woman. You even had to ask your parents earlier for any more information regarding her. Turns out, she really was his mother—Midoriya Inko.

You told him of that one time she visited you in the hospital, collecting some fragments of your memory so you could tell him. Throughout your conversation, Midoriya was silent, his eyes empty as he listened.

Once you finished, you let him collect his thoughts in silence. Until finally, he spoke,

"I wonder how she is now," you kept silent, as you didn't even have an answer to that.

"(Y/N). . . I think I gained some of my memories."

At the mention of this, you straightened up.

"Seriously? What did you remember?"

Midoriya fiddled with his thumbs.

"I remember that I was really close with my mom. It's always been me and her this whole time. She's really good at cooking, and I loved it when she makes my favorite katsudon. She'd play with me when I was a kid. She's. . . an amazing person."

Once again, the tears came falling down from his eyes. This time, your hand went straight to his green locks to gently caress it.

You let him as he started sobbing softly. His situation pained you. She's the only family he has left , and I. . . because of my carelessness, I. . .

"(Y/N)," Midoriya spoke, cutting you off of your self-blaming thoughts. "I know what my wish is now."

><><><

"That's unusual of you," your brother noted as he watched you create a swirl design to put inside a marble.

"You always let dad do that part since you always say that it's complicated." You shrugged, focusing on applying bees wax to gently morph the glass into a pattern.

"Dad told me I could have this marble if I learned how to do this. I figured I should give it a try."

(B/N) smiled down at you, ruffling your hair before letting you do your own thing.

It took you a long time before you could take out the marble you made. You marveled at its beauty, before you placed it on a small box.

"I'm going out for a bit!" You announced, rushing out of the workshop without even slipping off your work apron.

You walked with a quick pace, excitement but mostly nervousness filling your system. The whole night, you have decided what you must do in order to grant Midoriya's wish.

Thinking about it, even if you haven't known him that much, seeing him still suffering even after he died, with no memories, it made you want to help him more. You wanted to pay him back after he saved your life. Even if it's as simple as this, you were really hoping that it'd be enough.

"(Y/N), where are we going?" Midoriya called out as he speedwalked after you. You didn't even realize he was there already. All this time, you had been focused on creating that marble, and everything else you need to do for him.

You flashed him a toothy grin, quickening your pace until you were already running.

"Isn't it obvious?" You said. "We're going somewhere familiar!"

Though Midoriya still had no clue to what you were planning, he still followed you. You ran and ran, until he could recognize the street you were turning in.

Sure enough, you halted right in front of the flower shop where you saw Midoriya's mother. From inside, you could see that there are a couple of customers looking around, with the green-haired woman accompanying them.

You gulped nervously. Well, here goes. You pushed open the door, the bell above chiming as you went in.

"Ah, welcome!" You heard her greet you. Out of instinct, you quickly turned behind an aisle of potted plants before she could see you.

W-What am I even doing?! You ducked down behind a large vase of flowers, your nerves suddenly running on high. Now that I'm here, I feel even more nervous. Damn it, and I even did my best to practice what I was going to say!

"(Y/N)?" You almost yelped out in surprise when you heard Midoriya's voice, his form appearing before you.

"This is my mom's shop, right?" You nodded, peeking up from your hiding spot to check if anyone saw you. Luckily, no one did.

"What are we doing here? And why are you hiding?"

"Well, didn't you tell me last night that you wanted to see your mom? So here we are," you answered. "And as for the hiding part, uhm, I don't think this is the right time to show myself to her."

Midoriya innocently tilted his head to the side.

"Why though? I think you look more suspicious hiding there."

Your eyebrow twitched. Ack, he's right. Sighing, you slowly rose from your sitting position, peeking at where Inko was before you rushed behind an aisle.

"Let's just wait until the customer leaves. Then I'll talk to her," you said to Midoriya, assuring him that you weren't going to back out.

><><><

You waited for a few more minutes, until the customers finally dispersed. Inko waved them goodbye at the exit before she proceeded to the counter to rest. Meanwhile, you mustered up all your courage, took a deep breath, and out you went to reveal yourself.

"H-Hello," you meekly greeted, your hands already feeling clammy especially when Inko looked up to see you. Her eyes widened.

"You're. . . (Y/N). . ." She spoke softly, recognizing you. You nodded, stepping forward.

"U-Uhm. . . I. . ." You started stammering, your mind whisking off into a blank now that you were standing right in front of her.

You flashed back on the time she first visited you in the hospital, feeling the guilt weigh down your shoulders like a couple of boulders.

"M-Mom. . ." Hearing Midoriya's voice, you were brought back to reality. You glanced at him, seeing him already teary-eyed, his lips quivering into a smile upon seeing his mother once more.

Before you knew it, he lurched forward, wrapping her in an embrace. Inko yelped, saying that she felt cold and something heavy land on her shoulders all of a sudden. A small smile curled up on your lips, his expression while embracing his mother automatically etching into your brain as a memory.

As Izuku pulled away, he wiped a tear from the corner of his eye. Inko now felt that the heaviness had been lifted off. Now, it was all up to you.

You cleared your throat, straightening your posture.

"Uhm, y-you see, I came here to tell you something," you started, your heart pounding in your chest.

"T-Two years ago, your son, Izuku, exchanged his life to save mine. I couldn't remember most of what happened, but recently it all came back to me every time I dreamt about it."

Your eyes softened. You buried your hands into the pockets of your work apron, feeling the texture of the small box inside.

"Whenever I think about that incident, all I felt was how guilty I was. Because of my stupid careless self, I killed someone. Because of me, Izuku. . . B-Because of me. . ."

Tears dripped down your cheeks. One by one, until you couldn't stop them anymore. Your chest hurt, and you felt like a huge lump was stuck in your throat.

"I'm sorry. I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. . ." You sobbed, grasping Inko's hand and bringing your head down into a bow.

You couldn't hear Izuku comforting you from the side. You could only hear your sobs, your repetitive words of apologies. It might seem like you were desperately begging for her to forgive you, but with such a burden you had, you thought it might be the only thing you could do.

But, remembering Izuku's wish, you realized it's not only that you should do.

Throughout your sobs, you felt Inko's hand come up to gently caress your head. Your eyes shot open, looking up to see her with that same soft smile as the one you saw before.

"(Y/N), it's alright," she spoke. "I'm not mad at you. It did hurt that my son is already gone, but I couldn't bear to hold a grudge on someone. I'm sure that's not what Izuku would've wanted either."

She cupped your cheek, tilting your head up so you could properly look at her.

"You're very brave to come and talk to me, even with how heavy your burdens are. It was unfortunate, what happened to us, but we can't be carrying these forever. Of course, Izuku will always be in my heart, and I already promised I'd still do my best for him."

You sniffled, wiping away the tears from your eyes. You still had a lot of things to say to her.

"Believe it or not, Izuku had spoken to me before in my dreams," you said. "He told me that he needed my help to grant his wish. He wanted me to come see you and. . . tell you something that he didn't manage to tell you before."

You gently squeezed her hand, fishing out the small box from your work apron.

"He wanted me to tell you that he loves you so much, and that he's going to be okay. Also. . ." You opened the box to show her what you've worked on since this morning.

It was a marble with a beautiful shade of emerald, splattered with white and mixed with different shades of green. To Inko, it immediately reminded him of Izuku's eyes.

"I made that myself. Even though I couldn't remember much of what Izuku looked like, I did my best to match the shade of his eyes," you explained.

Inko gently grasped the marble on her hand, studying its intricate design. Tears started to cascade down her cheeks as she held the marble close to her heart.

"Thank you so much," she sobbed, a soft smile curling on your lips.

"I should be the one thanking you," you said. "And I'll forever be grateful to Izuku for saving my life. With that marble, I really hope that I managed to get his feelings through."

"Oh, this is more than enough. Thank you so much!" She pulled you into a warm embrace, a gesture that really surprised you. She was warm, and gentle. Did Izuku feel this way too?

You hugged her back, both smiles on your faces enough for the opposite green-haired male to know that you've done enough.

His wish had been granted.

><><><

You walked out of Inko's flower shop, a small satisfied smile on your lips. Turning to Midoriya, you saw him with his head lowered, his bangs casting a shadow over his eyes.

"Izuku, is something wrong? Did. . . I do something that ruined your wish?"

He shook his head, looking up at you with a close-eyed smile. You noticed small tears threatening to fall from the corners of his eyes.

"It's enough. You granted my wish, (Y/N)," he said, stepping closer to you.

"If I haven't found you, I would've done nothing else and continued to wander around. Because of you, I even saw my mom again. So. . ."

He leaned forward, surprising you when he planted a soft kiss on your cheek. His lips felt cold, but it was soft. You certainly didn't expect a ghost to kiss you, but it wasn't an unpleasant feeling.

"Thank you, (Y/N). I have no regrets now." His voice started to fade, like he was getting farther away.

"Ah, Izuku, wait—!"

"Goodbye. . ."

He was gone before you knew it.

You couldn't see him anymore, not a single trace, or even hear his voice. Your hand went up to your cheek, where you could still feel his lips lingering.

"What the heck. . ."

All this time, you were left with the heavy weight of guilt on your shoulders. You blamed yourself for what happened 2 years ago, for what happened to Izuku.

But now, having this kind of experience, being able to talk to him, to see him, it made you realize something. If you weren't given this ability to see him, maybe you were better off living with the guilt.

You still regret that you didn't get to know him for a longer time, but it's alright now.

What was Izuku's wish anyway? Well, it was something like this:

"I wish to see my mom again, and for (Y/N) to free herself of her burdens."

><><><

*Wheezes* oh *bleep* I made it. I effin' made iiit!!

Phew, well, that was. . . emotional. I'm sorry if it's not exactly the one you requested, InsanityBubbleBubles. I did my best to add a little sister, and a big bro since this story reminded me of something I read a long time ago. Or maybe. . . it was an anime about a girl who's also a glassblower? I couldn't remember the title of it anymore, or even its plot, but I made this kind of based on that. Hope y'all enjoy it!

Still trying to catch up on my Halloween FNAF fanart before October ends though (internal panic commencing). And my one week semestral break is almost coming to an end which greatly sucks (boo).

Anywho, second semester starts next week, and on November 15, I'd be starting my OJT in a training center for animation. It's not like the usual OJTs where we get to actually experience working, but me and my group of friends would be trained there in everything about animation. I'm suuuuper excited! (✷‿✷)

Sooo yeah, this second semester's going to be more of a hell than the first sem. I'll be busier than ever so updates here would be slow as *bleep*. I apologize for the 100000000th time for that!

But anywho, thank y'all so much for you support! This is my first time coming this far in writing a story, and I felt like I just made my Wattpad dreams come true *slaps thyself*

And damn, this is getting too long, so vote! Comment! Share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 7.8K 34
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
675K 32.2K 55
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1.6M 52.3K 67
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
264K 6.3K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc