Lovely Fellow | 18+ ✓

By TheSolSoldier_

**NOW PUBLISHED** GrumpyXSunshine "let kindness spread like a wildfire." Opal Clemens is a bubbly outgoing g... More

aesthetics
playlist
info
1. capri sun.
2. maplesgrove.
3. pure unbridled rage.
4. little blue pills.
5. the search for happiness.
6. sinking.
7. white roses.
8. kryptonite.
9. fractured heart.
10. autumn haze.
11. frosty breeze.
12. peach pit.
13. grey skies.
14. the monster inside.
15. to survive a storm.
16. sunshine delight.
17. heavy rain.
18. grunge.
19. retrograde.
20. drizzle.
21. just a wallflower.
22. where the bad things are.
24. good things fall apart.
25. take my breath away.
26. lone wolf.
27. stay.
28. darkness lurks.
29. vast like a hurricane.
30. strong like the sea, brave like the moon.
31. lifeline.
32. harrow.
33. devilry.
34. cadaver.
wheres the rest of the story?
35. woeful demise.
36. sinking ships.
37. to love recklessly.
38. to weather a storm.
39. you were a forest fire.
40. like milk and honey.
41. crossfire.
42. beautiful tragedy.
43. six feet deep.
44. like a match to a flame.
45. sweet to the soul.
46. the girl who grew sunflowers.
47. evergreen.
48. the boy with a mended heart.
c o v e r s
being misunderstood series.

23. two lost souls passing by.

6K 203 25
By TheSolSoldier_

O P A L

As my eyes flutter open, I glance around an unfamiliar room. I feel a wet cloth lay on my forehead, as I pull it off a massive headache emerges from deep within my skull, as if my brains about to pop. I push myself up, planting my feet on the ground as the room spins around.

I hold on to the wall for support; hearing dishes clanking together. I wander down a hallway, checking my surroundings out with each step I take. I drag my fingers along the railing as I head down stairs towards the sound.

Stopping in my tracks I see Koa chugging a small glass of orange juice I presume. His black shirt hanging around his shoulders like a towel. His back littered in scars of all sizes. He grabs a spatula that lays on the marble counter, flipping whatever's in the pan.

Slowly making my way to the kitchen island I trip over thin air, catching myself as I fall. Koa spins on his heels and darts to my side immediately. "You okay Opal?" His hands wrap around my biceps, lifting me to my feet. I feel completely vulnerable and flabbergasted at our proximity. It wasn't until now that I noticed I'm wearing a baggy T-shirt.

I push him away from me, "Did you change my clothes?"

"Um.." he gulps, scratching the back of his neck. "You kinda threw up on your shirt."

"Ew."

"Yeah."

"You saw me throw up? How mortifying."

He chuckles, "It's not a first. I've seen a lot of people vomit." He gestures for me to follow him, "There's some orange juice and meds. I bet you have a gnarly headache."

I slide onto the stool, "Pretty much." Sipping on my juice I gaze at his back, unable to take my eyes away. "Where are we exactly?"

"My family cabin."

"Oh...nice. Where's my phone? My parents-"

"I took care of it."

"Huh?"

He glances over his shoulder to look at me. "I texted your parents, saying you were staying at Iris's."

"Not that I don't appreciate what your doing for me, but why didn't you just take me home?" I inquire, resting my chin in my hand.

He slips his shirt on before placing a set of pancakes with berries and whipped cream in front of me. "Here." He slides the boysenberry syrup towards me.

I stare at the beautifully made pancake in front of me. My mouth waters but my mind and stomach are saying another thing. "Wow Koa... I can't eat this."

He leans against the island, "And why not?"

"You eat it. You did all the hard work." I suggest, scooting the plate towards him.

He pushes on the plate, sliding it back in front of me. "I made it for you, you eat it."

I stare at the plate silently as my belly started to gurgle. "Thank you." I mumble out.

He sits on the vacant stool beside me, watching me in anticipation. "Are you going to take a bite or what?"

"I don't know."

"Why not?"

"Maybe it's just too beautiful to eat." I push the shirt down my legs as far as it will allow me. "How badly did I embarrass myself last night?" I sigh, holding my forehead.

"Not sure, you tell me."

"Koa, I have no clue."

"Well," he sighs heavily, fiddling with his fingers. "You were black out drunk, so I wouldn't expect you to remember."

"Care to tell?"

He grins, holding back his laughter. "You sure you wanna know?"

"One hundred percent sure."

"It was pretty bad."

"Tell me please."

"I've seen worse, but it was your first time so it's understandable. Where do I start?" He rubs the back of his neck, his eye at a slight twitch. "You went to this room with this guy named Scott, I'm sure you can guess what was about to go down. I intervened, I know you, I knew you would never want to be in that kind of situation. You were refusing to leave so I forced you out."

"Oh.. goodness." I smack myself, trying to hide my tomato red face.

"After I was able to get you in the car you start blabbering about how cute I am and making kissy faces at me. Then you started crying because your name is absolutely beautiful." His cheeks redden slightly, trying to hide the fact that he's blushing. " You told me you've loved me since sixth grade."

I huff, trying to grasp on to everything that he told me. I stand up and turn my back towards him. I can't believe I told him that, why would I do that? So stupid. "I'm sorry, I sound like I was a....handful."

"Have you?"

"Have I what?"

"Have you loved me since sixth grade?"

I cross my arms, keeping my back towards him. "I don't know." I shrug slightly.

"It's a simple yes or no question."

"It's not simple. I've already told you how I felt, it's not going to change your mind about it Koa. So what difference does it make?"

He stays silent behind me.

"Thank you for making me breakfast, I appreciate all of it. If you don't mind, I'll head home to be my parents problem." I grab the metal railing and hoist myself onto the first step, working my way back to the room I was previously in.

I close the door behind me, glancing around my room. I see my clothes from last night neatly folded on the night stand, smelling like they have been freshly washed. I pull Koas shirt off, changing into the clothes Polli picked out for me, remembering how self conscious I felt in them. I tug on the crop top trying to lower it. I grab a hairbrush off the dresser and brush my hair into a quick bun. I unplug my phone and push it into my pocket before pulling my shoes on.

I wander back down to the living room to see Koa throwing away the food he had made me. "Don't throw it away, you worked so hard on it."

"What's the point? No ones going to eat it." He roughly tosses the dishes in the sink, clearly upset about what I said.

"You could have ate a little of it."

"I don't eat food."

"Yeah, well neither do I."

His eyes stare at me for a moment longer than usual, I button the plaid top once I notice his eyes trailing. I cross my arms together, "Thanks Koa. I guess I'll see you around." I close the front door behind me, smelling the crisp pine scented air.

As I wander down the steps goosebumps coat my skin, how did I forget that it's winter? I mentally slap myself for forgetting my jacket. I gaze at the wilderness, realizing I know this place more than I had thought. Across the lake is the dock where Koa and I would hangout, I guess the greenery hides his cabin from the sight of others.

Working my way around the lake, I take a seat on the edge of the boat dock. I grab a wilting dandelion, picking at its brown petals. Sometimes I wish I could see what's going on in Koas head. He's so complicated. I wish he would just come out and say everything. There will always be room in my heart for Koa and I will always be here for him; but if he doesn't want me in his life then maybe it's time for me to quit being myself and respect his wants.

K O A

Opal rubs her fingers across dried out petals, leaving a lifeless crumble in her small hands. I stand awkwardly, unsure how to approach her. I take a seat next to her, tossing a large, oversized coat in her lap. "You kissed me."

She eagerly pulls the jacket on, the jacket completely over takes her body. Her greens eyes don't hold what they use to. "I what?"

"You kissed me.. when you were drunk."

"It's pathetic." The sleeves on the jacket engulf her hands, "Sorry you had to go through that torture. I hope you pushed me away."

She stares at the water in front of us. It sits completely still, almost like every fish in the lake has vanished. Shoving my hands into my pockets I shrug my shoulders.

"What does that mean?"

"What?"

"That shrug. If you didn't push me away, then what did you do?"

"I didn't have to, your the one that stopped."

"Oh."

Do I tell her I didn't want her to stop? Do I tell her I kissed her back? No. She doesn't need false hope. "Yup." I watch her as she plays with the laces on her boots. She now knows what it's like, yet I can't bring myself to tell her that I love her back. I hate that such a terrible thing happened to her, out of all the people in the world, Opal didn't deserve that. No one does.

I feel a pair of hands from behind wrap around me. "Hey babe!"

"Crystal, hey."

She presses her lips against mine, "Hey Opal. Where'd you two disappear to last night?"

Opal exchanges a fake yet genuine smile. "No idea."

"Ah," Crystal chuckles, "It was one of those kind of nights. Did you give Scott a good ride? He's unforgettable."

My back tenses and my hands curl. "Dude in the room."

"You don't care though, right babe?"

I ignore her comment, she places her hand in mine. "I don't think your boyfriend would like to hear you talk about guys you've been with." Opal blurts out.

"Right." She pulls a tiny bag of white powder out of her leather jacket, "Want some Opal?"

Opal stares at her before answering. "Actually, this is my queue to leave."

As she's about to get up Crystal grabs Opals wrist, forcing her back down. "Just hang out for a few, I just got here."

"You sure you don't want some?"

Her mossy eyes watch us, blowing over Crystals question. "Crystal, she said no the first time."

"I know, I'm just double checking. More for us then."

"Bye Crystal... bye Koa." She mumbles the last part.

"I thought you were going to hangout?"

She shakes her head, "No, it's best I get going."

"Opal, you don't have a ride. Let me drive you home."

"No, I'll make do."

-

Vote if you'd like, it's always very appreciated!!💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.9K 2.1K 53
"𝘪 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘪 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘧𝘭𝘪...
100K 2.1K 35
Evangeline Rose Jasper only knew life inside her house. The only people she knew were her parents. Being diagnosed with dependent personality disorde...
648K 14.8K 38
From the outside Juliet Kingston seems to have the perfect life. She has popularity, beauty and a famous dad who seemingly spoils her rotten. But nob...
2.8M 58.3K 50
[BOOK 1] [NOT EDITED] ❝if you were to describe me in one word, what would it be?❞ she had the perfect life, with ideal parents, loving family however...