Lovely Fellow | 18+ ✓

Oleh TheSolSoldier_

**NOW PUBLISHED** GrumpyXSunshine "let kindness spread like a wildfire." Opal Clemens is a bubbly outgoing g... Lebih Banyak

aesthetics
playlist
info
1. capri sun.
2. maplesgrove.
3. pure unbridled rage.
4. little blue pills.
5. the search for happiness.
6. sinking.
7. white roses.
8. kryptonite.
9. fractured heart.
10. autumn haze.
11. frosty breeze.
12. peach pit.
14. the monster inside.
15. to survive a storm.
16. sunshine delight.
17. heavy rain.
18. grunge.
19. retrograde.
20. drizzle.
21. just a wallflower.
22. where the bad things are.
23. two lost souls passing by.
24. good things fall apart.
25. take my breath away.
26. lone wolf.
27. stay.
28. darkness lurks.
29. vast like a hurricane.
30. strong like the sea, brave like the moon.
31. lifeline.
32. harrow.
33. devilry.
34. cadaver.
wheres the rest of the story?
35. woeful demise.
36. sinking ships.
37. to love recklessly.
38. to weather a storm.
39. you were a forest fire.
40. like milk and honey.
41. crossfire.
42. beautiful tragedy.
43. six feet deep.
44. like a match to a flame.
45. sweet to the soul.
46. the girl who grew sunflowers.
47. evergreen.
48. the boy with a mended heart.
c o v e r s
being misunderstood series.

13. grey skies.

7.8K 247 72
Oleh TheSolSoldier_

NF is the da bomb. ^

K O A

Opal leans down, tying her green Converse. "So where are we going?" She inquires, brushing her hair behind her ear.

I shrug and slam my door shut, starting my car. "Not sure yet."

"We could go bird watching?" She suggests, watching the trees pass outside the window.

"You still bird watch?" I ask.

She bobs her head up and down, "Of course, it was fun the few times you bird watched with me." A small grin appears on her face, the freckles on her cheeks fade as she blushes.

"That feels like it was a lifetime ago."

"Eighth grade." She whips a bag of food from her pocket, "I made trail mix."

"How did that bag fit in your pocket?"

She shrugs, waving her hands in front of her like a magician, "I'm magical."

I chuckle at her dorkiness. "Real magical."

She giggles to herself, "Uhuh."

I glance at her in the rear view mirror, she sinks down into the seat with her arms crossed. "What?"

"Nothing." She mumbles.

"Seriously, what? I know you have something to say."

She grabs a piece of her bright hair, playing with it. "It's nothing Koa."

I roll my eyes and adjust my grip on the wheel, "Opal." I seethe out, my tone of voice frightening her.

Her back stiffens, "I was just going to ask you a question, but I don't want to push any buttons."

"Just ask, I'll either answer or I won't."

"Why are you hanging out with me? You hate me."

"Opal I don't hate you, your perkiness is just annoying."

Her smile is quick to disappear, "Oh."

"Now you know what it's like to be the victim."

"What do you mean?"

"Take it as is."

"Okay." she looks away from me, rubbing her hair between her fingers. "Sorry."

The grey storm clouds are quick to move in, a heavy fog cradles us in the cool atmosphere, and rain pelts down onto the windshield. I crack my window and the sweet pine aroma fills the car. I peer over at Opal, tapping her pale fingers on her knee.

~flashback~

I crouch down behind Opal in an effort for her to not see me. I crawl up behind her and scream, she screams in fright as she falls into the lake before us. Her head bobs up out of the water, wiping her red hair out of her face. "KOA!" She squeals.

I clutch my stomach from laughing so hard. Once I catch my breath I reach my hand down, she grips my hand with hers, I pull her up and onto the dock. "I scared ya good."

She stands up and squeezes her hair out, shaking her head disapprovingly. "That was so mean!"

I chuckle, "You've scared me once."

"Once," she wiggles her freckled finger at me, "like back in sixth grade. Corn nuts! You ruined my book." She pouts, bending down and reaching for her book floating in the water.

I pull the soaked book out of the water, "My bad." I grin in embarrassment. "Sorry, I'll buy you a new one."

She waves her hand in front of me, trying to air out her ruined book, "No, it's fine Koa."

"Your turning fifteen next week, I'll buy you a rad present to make up for destroying your favorite book."

"That's not necessary." She sighs, sitting on the edge of the pier, her toes touching the blue water.

I sit down next to her, watching her stare at the sunset over the glistening lake. She brushes her wavy hair behind her ear, "It's beautiful."

I grin at her, "Sure is."

She pulls her phone out, clicking the front camera, "Say cheese!"

I wrap my arm around her shoulders, "CHEESE!"

We chuckle as my voice cracks, she buckles over laughing, snorting like a pig. "I can't breathe!"

"Maybe I can help." I lean forward and push her back into the water, she screeches before planting into the cold water.

Her head quickly pokes back up, she grins and spits water at me.

"Yuck!"

"Payback." She winks, she leaps up and grabs my arm, pulling me in.

~present~

"Have you figured out where we're going yet?" She asks quietly.

"I have a place in mind."

-

She gazes at our surroundings, "I haven't been here since freshman year."

"It's been awhile."

We both sit down on the edge of the pier, "Just don't scare me this time, I don't need to fall into icy water." She giggles in remembrance.

I rake my figures through my hair before pulling my lighter out. "Why do you smoke?" She queries, crossing her arms over her chest.

I shrug, "It helps with stress and anxiety."

"It doesn't make it worse?"

"Maybe, maybe not."

A light cold gust of wind picks up, nipping at us. Opal shivers silently, trying to find warmth from her own body. She watches as I pull my hoodie off, tossing it in her lap. "Put it on."

"Are you not cold?"

"Nope."

"You sure?"

I roll my eyes, "Just put it on."

"Thank you." She mutters out, pulling my plain black hoodie on.

We sit silently, watching the trees sway in the wind. The orange blazing sun lays between the mountains, looking like a picture perfect moment. "No sunsets the same. It gets more gorgeous each day."

"Yeah." I mumble, exhaling the smoke through my nose.

Opal coughs into her elbow as my cigarette smoke blows her way. I put it out on the metal beside me, gazing at her as she looks at the lake. "Oh look!" She squeals, catching me off guard.

I look to where she points, "Its a family of deer!" She chirps in excitement like a child to a puppy. "Ughh their so cute!"

I chuckle quietly, "What are you, two?"

"At heart." Her lips twist into a small smile.

I stare at her black eye, she catches my gaze and quickly turns her head away from me. I hear her sniffling, I hesitantly raise my hand to her shoulder, "Opal."

She lifts her hands to her face, "Yeah?"

"Are... you okay?"

She turns to look at me and nods, plastering a fake smile on her face. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Why are you lying? You never lie."

"I'm not-"

"Bull shit!" I snap, pushing myself up. "Don't lie Opal! You're the worst liar on the planet. Why are you lying?"

Her smile wobbles, trying to fight back the tears that threaten to escape. She stands up, "I don't need to be yelled at right now. I'll see you on Monday Koa. Here's your hoodie back."

She crosses her arms and walks away, "Opal."

She stops in her tracks, keeping her back towards me. "What?" Her voice cracks.

My fists clench as I hear her cry, my heart aches for her, I know exactly why she's crying, it's the same reason I starve myself, the same reason I wish I was no longer breathing. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Opal doesn't deserve this.

"Opal, just stay."

She turns around and looks at me, a few tears drip down her cheek, she wipes them away and looks at the dead, yellow grass beneath her feet. "Why?"

"Because."

"Come on Koa, you know you don't want me here."

"That's not true."

"I'm sure it is."

"No, it's not." I tug on the ends of my hair, "Just stay."

She takes a few deep breaths, calming herself down. "Okay." She nods, "I'll stay."

O P A L

A few hours roll by, Koa pulls up to the giant gate with my family's last name on it. He stares out the windshield, "Where's your house?"

"Two miles from the gate, thank you for dropping me off, Koa."

"Aye, I haven't dropped you off just yet."

"Right here's fine, I can walk back."

"No," he shakes his head, "You ain't walking back. Get back in the car." He demands.

I push the gate open for him to drive through, "You sure?"

"Damn sure."

I close the gate before hopping back in. "Watch for the cows."

"How many acres do you own?"

"Forty, my great great grandpa passed it down from generation to generation."

"Are your great grandparents buried here on the farm?" He questions.

"Yeah, there's a little corner on the back side of the property." I glance at the clock, "Shoot! Its midnight?!"

"That's what the clock says."

"Gee willikers! My parents are going to kill me."

He pulls a few feet in front of the steps, "Good luck with that."

"Thanks Koa.. I had fun. I really missed hanging out with you." I fiddle with my fingers, "I hope you know I care about you. Don't go around thinking your worthless. I don't know how often you get told this, but, you're most definitely enough. You're worthy of more than you believe. I know your hurting, you don't need to hurt silently, Koa. I've always been here for you." I close the car door and walk up the steps, pushing the old front door open. I quietly walk down the hallway and peek around the corner.

"Opal!" My father yells, "Get in here!"

I sigh and walk up to him and my mom. "Where were you?" Mom questions, her forehead creasing.

"I was out with a friend."

"That doesn't give you the right to leave Marci alone!" Dad yells, waving his hands about.

"I thought it would be okay since I sold everything, Marci took off with Mr.Thomas-"

Mom rubs her face, "Don't try to turn this around on your sister!"

"I'm not."

"We'll discuss this in the morning, go to bed!" Dad demands, pointing to the stairs.

-

It's official, I have writers block! I apologize if it takes me an eternity to get a chapter out, I always try my hardest to get one done and published. I'm so sorry this chapter took me a bit to get done!

Would anyone want a story in Knox's POV?

Please if you have enjoyed please leave a review on amazon and goodreads. Thank you so much for your support!!💛

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.1K 36 12
Vienna Laurier-Rhodes moves to Miami with her dad for a fresh start after her mothers death. What happens when no matter how hard she tries the schoo...
1.7M 75.8K 60
(Complete) Lilac Green has a secret. A big one. But, that's nothing new. She's used to keeping secrets, and she's used to telling lies. Lilac can l...
64.9K 2.1K 53
"𝘪 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘪 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘧𝘭𝘪...
492K 9.5K 51
Nathan Kingston has been forgotten by the world. A dad that fucked off when he was young and a mother gone days at a time with work he feels alone. E...