Lovely Fellow | 18+ ✓

By TheSolSoldier_

**NOW PUBLISHED** GrumpyXSunshine "let kindness spread like a wildfire." Opal Clemens is a bubbly outgoing g... More

aesthetics
playlist
info
1. capri sun.
2. maplesgrove.
3. pure unbridled rage.
4. little blue pills.
5. the search for happiness.
6. sinking.
7. white roses.
8. kryptonite.
10. autumn haze.
11. frosty breeze.
12. peach pit.
13. grey skies.
14. the monster inside.
15. to survive a storm.
16. sunshine delight.
17. heavy rain.
18. grunge.
19. retrograde.
20. drizzle.
21. just a wallflower.
22. where the bad things are.
23. two lost souls passing by.
24. good things fall apart.
25. take my breath away.
26. lone wolf.
27. stay.
28. darkness lurks.
29. vast like a hurricane.
30. strong like the sea, brave like the moon.
31. lifeline.
32. harrow.
33. devilry.
34. cadaver.
wheres the rest of the story?
35. woeful demise.
36. sinking ships.
37. to love recklessly.
38. to weather a storm.
39. you were a forest fire.
40. like milk and honey.
41. crossfire.
42. beautiful tragedy.
43. six feet deep.
44. like a match to a flame.
45. sweet to the soul.
46. the girl who grew sunflowers.
47. evergreen.
48. the boy with a mended heart.
c o v e r s
being misunderstood series.

9. fractured heart.

8.4K 269 142
By TheSolSoldier_

K O A

I stare at my hands, unable to close my eyes. I don't think I've gotten sleep since I was eight, since the night things changed. I lay my hands on my pounding head, if I could just get that bag back, this could all fade away. Sadly Knox locked me in my room and bolted my window shut.

I plant my feet along the hard wood flooring, laying my hands on the bed. I wish this could all be over, I wish the moment I fall asleep I'd never wake up. I wobble over to my dresser, pulling the bottom draw open, crouching down in front of it. I dig through my jeans, looking for a stash I'd hidden a few months ago. My forehead starts to sweat and my heart begins to race the moment I realize my stash is gone. He can't just lock me in here.

My body freezes like ice once I hear my fathers footsteps down the hall. My heartaches, if I can't leave then I need to find something to take. I look beneath my dresser, seeing an unfamiliar pill laying amongst the spotless ground. I grab it, blowing on it for any dust, quickly swallowing the pill, unknowing it's capability. "Just kill me now." I murmur.

My hands tremble in fright and my palms sweat. The knob on my door jiggles. I swear my heart stopped, or at least I wish it did the moment he walked in, locking the door behind him.

He kneels beside me, placing his hand on my knee. A wicked grin immediately appears. "Hi Koa."

I feel helpless, like my eight year old self, like I'm paralyzed, completely unable to move any part of my body.

"Now what are you doing on the ground silly?" He grabs my hands pulling me up. "Don't be shy son. It's okay, daddy's here now."

-

O P A L

As Koa takes a seat beside me I notice stitching along his forehead, a giant hickey on his neck, and his eyes bloodshot. "Hi Koa." I smile.

His sad eyes look lifeless, like he no longer has a soul, like he's given up all hope. He's just a dead boy walking.

The corner of his mouth twitches, not giving me even a glance. "Are you okay?"

He sniffles and wipes his nose, his movements seem robotic. "Do you want me to call Knox?"

His head slowly moves to look at me, just staring into my eyes. "Maybe I'll give him a call." I pull my phone out and dial his number. I gasp for air as Koas hand wraps around my throat, I try to tear his hands off but it's no use.

"K-k-koa." I somehow manage to speak out.

His dead eyes just stare and his grip tightens.

"Koa let go!" Princeton screams, yanking on his brothers shoulders. "You're going to kill her!" He shouts, trying to pry Koas hands off of me.

My vision blurs and all I hear is faint murmurs, my body starts to go limp and my hands fall to my sides. I feel my body hit the rocky ground, rocks embedding in my skin.

-

Mrs.Hope shines her little flash light in my eyes, "Hun, you got to keep your eyes open."

"I'm sorry, it's so bright."

She gives me the slightest grin, "It's fine sweety, keep that ice pack on your head for at least ten more minutes then come back again to get a new one after you've given it a break. If you have any headaches or anything, come straight to the nurses office, Okay?"

I nod, "Okay I will, thank you Mrs.Hope." I hold up a finger before completely exiting the room, "Who brought me in here?"

"Mr.Bennett did."

"Oh.. thank you Mrs.Hope."

She smiles and gives me a small nod before glancing down at her clipboard. I wander to the front office, staring at the open counselors door. Mr.Griffen leaning against his desk with a book in one hand and the other hand on his desk, his head twists to look at me, a smile grows on his lips. "Ms.Clemens! I was just about to head your way. Please take a seat." He gestures towards an emerald green velvet chair.

As I take a seat in the soft chair he kicks the Doorstop up, the door shutting itself. "Would you like some water or tea?"

"Um, sure, what kind of tea do you have?"

"Green tea, Earl Grey, and English Breakfast."

"Hmm, Earl Grey please."

He walks over to his tea cart, grabbing a mesh bag and popping it into a mug, pouring hot water into it. He places the steaming mug on a silver coaster on the coffee table.

"How are you feeling, Opal?"

"I feel fine."

"Fine? Your face is all cut up and you have a bruise around your neck."

I shrug, "Things could be better, but it could have been worse. So yeah, I'm fine." I smile, cupping my hands together.

"It's good to look on the brighter side of things."

"I think so too."

He pulls his circular glasses off, cleaning the lens with his shirt, "I'm sorry Koa had such a nasty outburst."

"Why does he have so many frequent outbursts? It's become a weekly thing."

"I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to say."

"Oh.."

"But, I can tell you he's going through something awful in his life, so it's good to see you trying to be there and brighten his day."

"Everyone deserves to have the light shine."

"Indeed they do. I wanted to talk to you about his outburst. He isn't fully aware at the moment-"

"Drugs?"

He nods slowly, "Yes, his brothers took him to the hospital. Not that that's an excuse, just thought you should know."

"Well.. thank you for telling me. Should I continue to try and be friends with Koa again? What if I just stop talking to him all together? Wouldn't he feel hurt? Like everyone around him is just giving up on him?"

"Knowing Koa that's how he'd feel. I think it's best if you try, as long as you feel comfortable and willing. It all comes down to wether you think he's worth your time."

"He is."

He nods, "Well I'm glad you think so. I believe he is as well. He's just a boy."

"Yeah, He is, everyone deserves love." I gaze out the window, a tree branch tapping on the window due to the harsh rain and strong breeze. The smell of pine fills my nose. "It smells good in here."

He chuckles, "Don't tell Koa, but I light a candle."

I giggle, "Well you have good taste."

He clasps his hands together, his elbows holding him up, leaning forward. "So Opal."

"Yes Mr.Griffen?"

"What do you think of Koas' outburst?"

"I was kinda shocked, stuff just happened so quickly. I don't blame him though, I'm sure I'm annoying the heck outta him. But if he's going through things so traumatizing at home, then it only makes sense."

"Everyone takes things differently."

"They do." I nod.

"When he's having an outburst, it's best to never touch him, he's extremely sensitive to touch. Just use kind and calming words to help him relax, get him to look you in the eyes."

"I will do that, thank you for the generous tip."

-

I glance into the hospital room, the door looks the same, dull and gloomy like the last. I watch as Knox, Koa, and Princeton laugh together, I don't think I've heard him laugh that hard since freshman year.

I gently tap my finger on the half open door, "Is it okay to come in?"

K O A

Opal tosses her red hair behind her back, her lips lift into a kind smile, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Of course." Knox nods, hopping out of his chair for her to sit in.

She waves her hand in front of her small frame, "Thank you, but you can sit. I won't be here for to long."

She catches me staring at the bruise, my fingers outlined on her neck. She clears her throat and rubs her neck self-consciously. "I um.. just wanted to make sure your okay."

Knox eyes Princeton, Princeton nods as Knox slings his arm over his shoulder, walking out the room and closing the door behind them.

She drags her fingers along the foot of the bed. "How are you feeling, Koa?"

I shrug, "I'm okay. How's your neck?" I point.

"It's fine, no biggie." She sways her hips side to side, her dress swaying along, she raises her hand to her cut up cheek.

"Look Opal."

"It's fine Koa."

"No! It's not. I don't know how you can still talk to me after what I did."

"Koa it's fine."

"Bullshit!" I exclaim, rubbing my face, "Opal I could have killed you." I gag at my own words.

"You weren't yourself-"

"Fuck Opal! I was, if you want to be around me, then that's the Koa Whiley your gonna get."

"Okay." She chews on her bottom lip, drawing blood. Her eyes swelling with tears. "I'm sorry I just thought-"

"Yeah well you thought wrong. Fuck off Opal." I growl.

She wipes the tears from her eyes and nods, exiting the room like I told her.

Knox pushes open the door, glaring at me. "What the hell did you say?"

"Told her to fuck off."

"Why the shit?" He smacks my head, "I mean what the shit! Why would you say that? She's just being nice, she wants to be friends with you. Do you not understand that she could have things going on in her life that are hard to deal with too?"

"I-"

"No, you don't think!" He seethes, fist forming at his side. "Everyone goes through something, not just you Koa. Wrap that around your pretty little head. Now I gotta go and apologize for another one of your stupid mistakes. Words hurt too." He rubs his red face, taking a deep breath before exiting.

-

Woohoo! Two updates in a day! I am so honored by all your kind words, thank you so much for even reading my story!

Thoughts, Comments, Concerns?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.8K 1.3K 19
He is born with no idea how to love others. The darkness and cruelty in his bones is his irreparable personality. But one day, God pitied him and pla...
96.3K 3K 27
❝MY SILENCE IS MY EXPRESSION OF PAIN❞ Ryder Baizen, is your typical 'bad-boy'. The platinum blonde has every girl falling to his feet, while every bo...
102K 2.2K 35
Evangeline Rose Jasper only knew life inside her house. The only people she knew were her parents. Being diagnosed with dependent personality disorde...
322K 4.2K 38
Daniella has been adored by her brothers her whole entire life, but growing up with her brothers and meeting a lot of their friends, she grows to dis...