High On Life

Od bejeweled_30

Nida Khan's got everything a girl could possibly want; riches, style, popularity, charm, A grades, and a far... Více

1: New School
2: Being Nice
3: Butthurt
4: Unexpected Weekend
5: Getting To Know You
6: Meeting The DhoomBros
7: Hints
8: Je T'aime......Pas !
9: Saviour Or Tormentor
10: The Race And Its Aftermath
11: I'll Take Care Of You
12: Birthday
13: Party Catastrophe
14: Teddy Bear And.....Secrets?
15: The Challenge
16: Bipolarity At Its Utmost Peak
17: Bromance Or Romance?
19: Words Which We Never Said
20: Love Triangle?
21: Shocker
22: Destiny In A Mere Paper
23: Fate Revealed
24: Nighttime Romance Gone Wrong
25: High On Love
26: School Madness
27: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 1)
Author's Note
28: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 2)
29: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 3)
30: Confused
31: Love And Family
32: The Concealed
33: Agreement And Tension
34: Revelation Of The Truth
35: Good Times
36: The Engagement (Part 1)
37: The Engagement (Part 2)
38: Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gaye
39: Affliction
40: The Fault In His Love
41: Little Moments
42: Numb....
43: The Unexpected Bend In Our Road
44: Seven Days....Seven Decades
45: Sajna Teri Judaai.... Meinu Raas Na Aayi
46: Day One At Camp
47: Just One Chance?
48: Another Day, Another Memory
49: A Departing Soul's Secret Wish
50: The Truth Was Out
51: The 'To Be's' Outing
52: Masquerade Ball
53: Qubool Hai
54: Feels
55: Lost The Battle
56: First Time
57: Bailed Out
Author's Note
58: Losing It
59: The Inevitable
60: Judaai
61: Untold Memories
62: Unanswered
63: Did Time Really Heal Both Ends?
64: Hope?
65: The Plan
66: Pleasing Awkwardness
67: We Found 'Us'
68: His Love Potion Worked
69: Love Makes Life Live
70: New Year, New Beginning
71: Crucial Meet With The Truth
72: Back To All That Once Existed
73: Shidzi Ever After
74: Blessed
Epilogue
Author's Note
Fam Jam

18: Sheer Disbelief

3.3K 255 129
Od bejeweled_30

Nida's POV:

I haven't spoken to Shehry since two whole weeks now, neither have we even glanced in each other's direction. That one fight just raised the bar of hatred that we had for each other and we've been acting like total strangers.

I won't apologize and neither do I plan to do so, anytime soon. It's his mistake and he should at least admit it, let alone apologize. But no, he's just too arrogant and full of himself.

I can't believe I even let him kiss my cheek that day, no matter how crazy an effect it had on me. Wait...kiss? Why?

Why did he even kiss me that day? What was going through his mind that time? Is he just....using me for his own advantage? Is it just to make me fall for him and the second I fall hard for him, he'd dump me and break my heart? Or.....did he like me? NO NO NO !! Everyone knows he hates me like hell, but why does he turn all so meherbaan and an aashiq all of a sudden. Ugh !!

Dekha to laga aik piece of cake

Jab mila to tha duniya ka sab se bara....

"...lost." A sudden voice breaks me out of my thoughts. Abbay shair khatam karne waali thi mein. Beghairat.

It was Harry who was sitting beside me as we both planned our experiment for the Chemistry competition in class, during recess.

"Sorry, what'd you say?" I look back at him.

"I said, where you lost girl?" He says, sounding quite serious.

"Hmm...nowhere. Just a little distracted." I gave a small smile.

"Hey Nida, listen if you're still mad at me I'm terribly..."

He's about to say more but I silence him with my words. "Harry, you've said that like, a million times !!! I know you're sorry and it's absolutely alright." I put my hand on his to reassure him and he smiles.

"At least you didn't smack me in the jaw." I looked down sadly and he murmurs something that sounded like 'asshole' about Shehry.

"Hey, don't say that !" I snapped, slightly angered.

"Why not ?! He was close to slapping your face. Doesn't he have the slightest bit of shame, not to pick on girls?!" He growled in anger. Whoa ! I've never seen this sort of a Harry.

"Dude Harry. He was just threatening me, he wasn't..."

"Yeah, he hit your jaw, aur tum phir bhi usse support karo gi?" He says very seriously speaking the most perfect Urdu, ever heard from a white guy.

"Support ki baat nahi hai. Even you hit me that time, so that evens the score Harry !" I frowned.

"No it does n...Okay, you know what? Let's just drop the topic right here. It's been two weeks anyway. Just...leave." He says and we both stopped arguing over the pointless drama the three of us got involved in, two weeks ago. I diverted my attention to the experiment, writing down the apparatus required.

"Nida?" He utters and the second I lift my head off the Chemistry papers to face him, when he all of a sudden, kissed the corner of my lips.

OMG WTF?!

I was stunned. Frozen in my place as he pecked for some 3 seconds and then pulled away instantly. My breath hitched in my throat and I just gaped at him. He looked into my eyes with his deep green eyes and I felt like I could get a heart attack anytime. Either in anger, or in just astonishment.

"Harry." I gasped, staring at him wide-eyed.

"What? You looked so cute, I couldn't help myself.....I..I'm sorry." He looks down, feeling quite guilty.

It's not okay Harry. It's not fuckin' okay. "It's okay." I say, stabbing myself over my stupidity.

"I can't believe you just did that ! And that too, without any warning." I said furiously.

He smirked. "Well, I'm warning you now then. That was just a warm-up. I'm goin' in for the kill." He whispered and began leaning in very slowly. I could feel my heart pound wildly inside me and my body stiffened at his snake-like movement as he grabbed my arms to steady me.

"Harry ! Stop !" I give him a slight push away from me.

"I was just kidding man." He chuckles and I could feel myself blush slightly.

There was an awkward silence in between us when all of a sudden we heard a loud noise in the background. Ignoring the noise, I roll my eyes and turn away from him, folding my arms across my chest.

"I uh...need to go to the bathroom. Be back in a minute." I excuse myself from the uneasiness and left the class.

I sprinted to the bathroom and just stared at my reflection in the mirror. My face...was just flushed out of its color. Harry...

Why Nida why ?? How did I let him kiss me so easily? But....it isn't my fault. It was so sudden and unexpected, I'm sure no other girl in my place would've saved herself. Although it was just a small peck on the corner of my lips, but still. Arghh !!! Eff you Harry ! Diediedieee !

"Okay Nida, take a deep breath. Inhale, exhale. Inhale......exhaaale." I exhaled deeply and tried calming myself but it wasn't working. Why why why?? This is so wrong and unfair.

The way it all happened felt so.....emotionless. Yehi iss ki jaga Shehry hota to mein..........OMG bas kar de Nida ! I smack my head with my hand to clear my weird thoughts. He freakin' hates you.

I washed my face, trying to contain myself, and finally headed out the washroom. And just then the bell rang, marking the end of recess.

I headed back to class, feeling a little dizzy and to add a cherry on top, I didn't even have breakfast. Lo, ab to pakka be-hosh hi hongi.

I leaned against one of the lockers as I felt slightly dizzy. I shake my head to see clearly but invain. I was steadily slipping along my locker when two strong arms wrapped around my waist from the back, holding me firmly to the person.

My head just kept spinning and I hear a whisper from the back. "You okay?"

"Do I look o.." And with that it just all blacked out.

____________________

I opened my eyes to the medical assistance room....again ! Meri kismat hi kharaab hai yaar. The doctor who stood beside my bed, looked in my direction and smiled.

"Feeling any better now?" She inquires and I nod.

"Uhm.. doctor. Do you happen to know who brought me here?" I asked.

"Well, his name's Shehryaar, I think. Freshman year, right?" She asks a little excitedly.

"Are you...a student here, yourself?" I raise an eyebrow suspiciously.

She nods, confirming. "Yep. Final year. By the way, he's sooo hot !" She whispers at the last part.

"I know right ?" I giggled from the outside from the inside I was just like 'Yo lady, keep your paws off of him. He's mine !'.

"He looked so heroic as he carried you in here. The way he looked at your face as you laid all helpless in his arms was just.....aah!" She sighs all casually, whereas my stomach just kept twisting itself and my heart did constant flips as I heard her description.

"Is he your boyfriend?" She asks all of a sudden.

"Uh.. no no. He isn't." Haan. Kabhi ho bhi nahi sakta.

"But the way he looked at you showed that he was somewhat in love with you." She says.

"I don't know." I laugh. Shehryaar......in love? With me? That's hella proposterous.

"I know you might feel so weird hearing it all but I just feel like telling you more." She squeals. Calm down girl.

I smirked. "Do tell."

"Well, the minute he laid you down in this bed, he just stared at your face, with a very....confused and kinda angry sort of expression on his face, and with that, he just left the room.

"Bipolarity." I said under my breath, rolling my eyes.

"That was kinda bipolar though but.." Whoops ! Guess she heard me.

"Uhm okay. So go eat something and you'll be just fine. Always have your breakfast. It's healthy." She smiles and I smile back and get off the bed.

"Thanks." I say and she nods in gratitude.

Shehry's POV:

After leaving Nida at the medical assistance office, my mood was completely wrecked and I didn't have the slightest strength to attend any more classes, so I grabbed my bike and headed towards home.

My heart ached from the inside as her image crossed my mind again. She.....kissed Harry, in front of my eyes.

Pyaar kabhi bhi meray bas ki baat nahi thi, and especially after what I saw today, I don't think I'll ever be able to look at her the same way again.

I love you Nida. Don't do this to me. You've handled me at my worst, you can handle me in any way right? Just stay with me, till the day I learn how to tell you my feelings. I'm just so out of place and confused. You can't just give up? Not now. Not...ever. I know you don't like me one bit but the truth is, I'm crazy about you and...it hurts. I swear it hurts.

I don't even know how to confront you each day. Meri lag jaati hai, dil pighal jaata hai, saansein ruk jaati hain. Par tum....tum kabhi nahi samjho gi. Tumhein ab Harry jo pasand aa gaya hai.

This was just too much to handle and a small tear rolls off my cheek suddenly. What the eff?! Why am I wasting my tears over her? Over that one girl who just threw me apart with one little act.

I finally reached home, parking my bike in the garage and went straight upstairs into my room without confronting anyone in this terrible mood.

Maha enters the room and eyes me carefully.

"Aap ki aaj jaldi chutti ho gayi school se?" She asks, looking like an absolute cutie.

I lift her up and place her on top of my chest. "Haan." I whispered.

"Shehry, aap meray se katti ho?" She pouts.

I smiled at her cuteness. "Nahi."

"To phir?"

I sighed. "Maha, agar mein aap se promise karoon ke mein aapko ice cream khilaane le ke jaaounga, aur mein chupke se Imaan ko le jaaoun. Phir aapko kaisa lagay ga?" I ask her and she lifts her head off my chest and stares at me with a sad face.

"Aap meray saath aisa karo ge?" she pouts, about to cry.

"Aur agar mein aisa karoon, phir aap kia karo gi?" I ask her.

She was about to cry but she straightens her expression immediately. "Mein aapko mama se daant parwaaoungi. Woh aapko seedha karein gi. Aur phir, aur phirrrr... aap sirf mujhe le ke jaayein ge ice cream ke liye." She winks and I laugh.

I kiss her cheek. "Mein daant khaane ka mauqa hi nahi doonga apne aap ko." I whispered with my lips on her head as I held her against myself. Although Nida ne to de diya.

"Shehry?"

"Jee jaan."

"I love you bhai." She smiles.

"Shehry loves you too, baby." I smile at her and she fell asleep on me, very peacefully.

I guess Maha's right. Nida just needs to provide me with an explanation, so as to why she did that. And I'm gonna try getting it out of her, before it's too late.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

46.2K 3.9K 23
Shehryaar Asif, the player, and Haya Khan, a well known chic flick journalist, cross paths on their road to achieve their career goals. While Shehry...
18.5K 964 31
This is the story about a girl who gets an arranged marriage but she still in love with her ex. She tries to move on but life is one hell of a roller...
120K 6.3K 49
DISCLAIMER: hi guys I'm going to be editing and rewriting this book completely so if you don't see the chapters or if you see a notification saying I...
39.1K 3.1K 24
This book is very amatuer! ***************** This story is inspired from CRAZY RICH ASIANS (a novel and movie) Shehnaaz gill is happy to accompany h...