High On Life

By bejeweled_30

Nida Khan's got everything a girl could possibly want; riches, style, popularity, charm, A grades, and a far... More

1: New School
2: Being Nice
3: Butthurt
4: Unexpected Weekend
5: Getting To Know You
6: Meeting The DhoomBros
7: Hints
8: Je T'aime......Pas !
9: Saviour Or Tormentor
10: The Race And Its Aftermath
11: I'll Take Care Of You
12: Birthday
13: Party Catastrophe
15: The Challenge
16: Bipolarity At Its Utmost Peak
17: Bromance Or Romance?
18: Sheer Disbelief
19: Words Which We Never Said
20: Love Triangle?
21: Shocker
22: Destiny In A Mere Paper
23: Fate Revealed
24: Nighttime Romance Gone Wrong
25: High On Love
26: School Madness
27: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 1)
Author's Note
28: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 2)
29: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 3)
30: Confused
31: Love And Family
32: The Concealed
33: Agreement And Tension
34: Revelation Of The Truth
35: Good Times
36: The Engagement (Part 1)
37: The Engagement (Part 2)
38: Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gaye
39: Affliction
40: The Fault In His Love
41: Little Moments
42: Numb....
43: The Unexpected Bend In Our Road
44: Seven Days....Seven Decades
45: Sajna Teri Judaai.... Meinu Raas Na Aayi
46: Day One At Camp
47: Just One Chance?
48: Another Day, Another Memory
49: A Departing Soul's Secret Wish
50: The Truth Was Out
51: The 'To Be's' Outing
52: Masquerade Ball
53: Qubool Hai
54: Feels
55: Lost The Battle
56: First Time
57: Bailed Out
Author's Note
58: Losing It
59: The Inevitable
60: Judaai
61: Untold Memories
62: Unanswered
63: Did Time Really Heal Both Ends?
64: Hope?
65: The Plan
66: Pleasing Awkwardness
67: We Found 'Us'
68: His Love Potion Worked
69: Love Makes Life Live
70: New Year, New Beginning
71: Crucial Meet With The Truth
72: Back To All That Once Existed
73: Shidzi Ever After
74: Blessed
Epilogue
Author's Note
Fam Jam

14: Teddy Bear And.....Secrets?

3.7K 250 147
By bejeweled_30

He stepped off my window, keeping his feet on one of the platforms made to keep flower pots and steps down.

"Hey careful there. My mom does a lot of effort on those plants." I frown.

He finally reaches ground and rolls his eyes.

"Aur haan. Mein tumhein dobara kabhi iss tarha trespass karne ki koshish kartay mat dekhun." I said sternly.

"So you're basically saying that.... I should figure out another way of trespassing, next time?" He winks and grins, explaining with his hand gestures and at the same time, looks up at me. Just how mad I was right now, that smile just lightened my heart a bit and I turned my back on him and smiled that uncontrollable smile that made its way to my lips. No no ! I'm supposed to be freakin' mad at him.

Upon suddenly remembering, I turned around and almost fell back on the marble tiles when he grabs my arms in mid air, saving me.

But how did he reach back up so quick? That was way too fast ! Whoa ! Or did I take a while clustering my thoughts in one place?

"Earth to, madam !" He snaps his fingers in front of my face, flushing me back into cold, harsh reality. He was so close to me, that I could actually feel his body heat. And my amazing onesie wasn't doing me any good. It was cold man ! I just so badly wanted to hug him and feel warm but no !

"H..haan. Tu..Tum phirse aisi koi harkat mat karna ! Bohat maar parwaaoungi tumhein Irfan uncle se." I don't even know why I stuttered and he just looked at me, listening very carefully with his elbows on the window sill and hands under his jawline, looking like the cutest thing ever.

He yawns. "Hogaya lecture?"

"Shut up Shehryaar ! I'm n..."

"Nahi ! Shehry bolo na. Cool lagta hai. Aur cute bhi." He gives me a cheeky grin and I glared at him.

"Nahi bolna meine tumhein Shehry. Tum bas.."

He cuts me off. "Ha ! You just did !" He rolls out his tongue.

"Just... leave." I scoffed and turned away, but I was halted in my tracks with the tail of my teddy bear onesie in his hands.

"Yeh dum(tail) .......kaam aati hai waise." He winks at me. I facepalm myself as hard as I could.

"Just.... go away. I'm not in the mood to talk to you, or even look at you right now." I fold my arms around me with a frown on my face.

I feel a slow tug on my tail pulling me backwards and it made me halt right with my back touching his chest.

Okay, there goes my all my body systems again. Way to make situations better. Stupid Tail. But maybe..... you're not that bad after all.

"But you're doing both. Talking. And looking at me." He whispers in my ear, making it burn.

He slowly moves his hands over my furry pyjama sleeves, tracing my shoulders to the hands, making me tickle from everywhere he touched. My breath hitched in my throat and my heart pounded kuttay waala.

"These sure are warm teddy bear pyjamas." He says quietly still rubbing his hands against the arms of my teddy bear onesies.

"Can you stop that ?!" I suddenly frowned and he stopped, and I already missed his touch.

"Sorry." He says.

I turn to look at him. "Please leave now. I have to sleep."

He yawns again and nods with tired eyes, passing me a smile. "Good night."

He climbs onto the window pane and just when he's about to leave, I stop him. "Wait!"

He turned around and gives me an intense look, raising his eyebrow.

"It's... it's 2 am now. You can stay here for the night and leave for school in the morning." I say in an ahsaan faramosh tone on purpose.

"In your room?" His eyes widened in surprise.

I scoffed. "Ab itni bhi meherbaan nahi hui mein."

"Please, ehsaan parh jaye ga meray sar pe. Rehn de pehn, mein chaleyaan !" He smirks and turns around, facing the outside.

"Aur waise bhi, koi ladki nahi hun mein jo raat dayr tak roads pe ghoomne se daroon." He says with attitude.

I took a step towards him, my rage meter shooring up.

"Listen up mister. You guys ain't shit without us girls. Just cause our parents are protective about us, doesn't mean we ain't strong enough to handle ourselves on our own. FYI, girls can kick ass much worse than you guys can." I raise a finger to his face and stared at him in anger.

"You never learn how to give up, do you?" He says calmly.

"That's what I am. I'm never gonna change for anyone else." I turned my back on him.

"Trust me, with this attitude of yours, ladkay tumhein jootay ki nauk par rakhein ge." He says behind me in a pissed off tone.

"Haan, ladkay to rakhein ge hi. Par mard nahi......... Kiyunke mard jaante hain aik aurat ki asal fitrat, aur woh jaisi bhi hai, woh duniya mein uss ke liye sabse haseen aur samajhdaar khatoon hai." I said.

"Whatever." He yawns and steps back inside.

"Made up your mind?" I ask slowly, feeling his presence behind me.

"Kinda. Neend na aayi to waapis ghar chale jaaounga." He says expressionless.

"Wait here. I'll go make arrangements for a few things. Lock my door, just so nobody enters. Because mom usually checks up on my beauty sleep. I'll knock the door thrice and then you can open it for me." He nods and I turn to leave as he shuts the door behind me, locking it.

Shehry's POV:

She left to make arrangements for a room, while I locked the door and sat on her bed. I was such a mess. I run my hands through my hair in depression.

Meri band bajayi pe bajayi jaati hai yeh har din. Uff ! I touched my heart which was pacing inside me. Aik to yeh dil ke doray aik din heart attack hi de dein ge. Aur woh onesie......Poori poori teddy bear lag rahi thi. Dil to kar raha tha hai ke usse aik bara sa teddy bear waala hug karoon, but khair.......dil ki kaun sunta hai. Especially after what happened at the club.

I get up from bed and take a small walk around her humongous abode. Walking past her study area, I noticed how kempt all her assignments and notes and other school stuff. Such a neat freak. I really need to learn something.

On the other side of the room was a large closet with a long line of pretty outfits, accessories, heels and other average girl desires.

She had a large poster of Siddharth Malhotra staring back at me from her closet. Seriously? Mein uss se kahin ziada sexy dikhta hun.

I strolled around a little more and finally came back to her bed when my eyes caught of that one diary which had my name in it. My mind had instantly started its 'clash of the curiosities'.

Should I read a page from it? I mean, don't I deserve to know what shit she must have written about me?

I don't think I should. We should respect others' privacy.

Abbay khol le, aik page se jaan nahi nikal jaani.

O beghairat. Aakhir tune Allah ko jaan deni hai, koi ulti harkat mat kar.

Waise usse jo meray se masla hai na, uss ka andaaza ho jaye ga mujhe.

Ugh ! I just carefully picked it up and looked around it stupidly. Man, it was a thick ass book. And by the looks of it, ut seemed like she'd already written half of it.

I just squinted my eyes in fear as I randomly pulled open a page and what written there was enough to make my heart melt.

Pyaar to aisa hua, ke mujhe aik gehray samandar ki taraf kheenchta ja raha hai.

Cheekh rahi hun, chilla rahi hun

Gehraaiyon mein doobi jaa rahi hun

Uss aik haath ka intezaar hai

Jiss ke paas na to mera dil hai, aur na hi talwar hai.

Woh ek haath taraashti hun.

Jise thaam kr issi samandar ki gehraaiyon mein doob ke marna chahti hun.

Par kia hua, pyaar to aisa hi hota hai na

Khud gharz. Be-wafa. Aur be-maan sa.....

It was so heart-wrenching. I literally got the feels. Waah yaar ! Ye to poori mushaiyra nikli. I smiled to myself.

But this poetry was so deep......it felt as if it was actually written for someone. I wonder who?

I figured there must be some more, so I flipped over very quietly and see a page overloaded with her beautiful cursive handwriting.

Dear diary,

His touch was like magic all over me. His heartbeats, like music to my ears and his smile, brighter than the sun.

It was so amazing how I never felt this way before. Such a new feeling. I mean I was all over Siddharth but no crazy ass feeling there, until now. If only he had the smallest hint that I needed him....

I instantly broke out of my daze as the door knocked thrice and I almost flipped off her bed. I quickly put the diary back exactly in its former spot and straightened myself as I headed towards the door.

I opened and see her with her teddy eared hood on her head. Damn !!! She looked so adorable. I just wanted to like pull her cheeks.

"Kia hua?" She suddenly whispers entering the room, breaking me out of my daze.

"K..kuch nahi." I say back, smiling.

"Okay. So follow me. Your room is ready, but you gotta be real quiet. Mom's a really light sleeper." She explains and I nod as she opens the door again.

We tiptoed outside and she leads me to a room which was huge. Like literally huge. It was very nicely decorated just like those five star hotel rooms.

"Okay so, there's that little fridge that I filled with snacks and stuff. You can eat as you like. Takalluf nahi. And if you're up for some video games, There's the PS4 right there. In case you're wondering, yes I am a huge fan of playing video games. Just turn on the projector with the small remote on your side table and have fun. There's a small collection of movies in that drawer, and a mosquito net that can hang down over the bed just in case you're afraid of macchar." She giggles at the last part as she explains eveything. Whoa.

"And if you need anything, just tap that button beside your bed and I'll be notified. But remember, no leaving the room until after Fajr or we're both dead."

I smiled at her.

"And I'm still mad at you." She frowns and is about to leave when I grab her arm, stopping her.

"Now what?" She rolled her eyes, turning back to me.

"Before you leave...uh....."

"Hmm?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Nothing." I shook my head and sighed internally. I let go of her arm and she takes two steps away but halts again.

She turns. "Are you sure you don't need anything else?" She cocked an eyebrow. I do Nida. I dooo !! Just a small hug, with you in that teddy bear nightsuit. Your cuteness is wayy too much too handle.

She sighed. "Okay fine. Go ahead." She opens those big furry arms wide open with an annoyed expression on her face. Oh my God ! How did she read my mind ?! I just stood there looking down, so she comes forward.

"Nahi chahiye to marzi. Kabhi kabhi teddy bear milta hai, humesha nahi." She winks at me and my lips cringed into a smirk as I instantly pulled her into me, wrapping my arms around her. She just froze in her place at first, but then slowly eased a little as she lifted her arms to my back, sending shivers down my spine.

I was completely smitten by her and just didn't feel like letting go. I hugged her a little tighter and she followed. So warm and....amazing.

"Hayee ni, meinu vi eho jiya paaloo(teddy bear) waala outfit leya day." I whisper Dolly Aunty style and she pulls away, laughing silently, with a pop of pink on her cheeks.

"Lo Aunty jee pehlay dasna si. Tuwaadi salgira waaste eh hi laa ke dayndi." She giggles.

"It's a pretty fun nightsuit though and warm too, considering the amount of cold in your house." I shuddered as I felt a little cold.

"Well the room's upstairs, that's why. Anyhow, it's almost 4 am. Let's just pray Fajr and go to sleep for a few hours before school." She suggests and I nod.

"Good night." She says, smiling a little.

"Night. And thanks." I say back.

"No biggie." She was about to leave when I again halt her. But with my voice this time.

"Nida, if you need to talk things out, you can. I had no idea why you were leaving, but I couldn't just let any of my guests leave without having fun at my party. It was supposed to be fun but, it ended as soon as you left the club." I was actually quite sad. The rest of the people were just rushed with the cake and there were no party games after. If only you understood how sad I felt that moment.

"And I'm sorry about the wine incident. I didn't mean to..."

"Shehry, it's....it's okay." She says in a very reluctant tone and walked away, not saying anything about the stuff I said before the apology. It was as if, she was hiding something from me. But what?

________________________

Hi :D Hope you liked this chota sa chapter :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 6.3K 49
DISCLAIMER: hi guys I'm going to be editing and rewriting this book completely so if you don't see the chapters or if you see a notification saying I...
296K 13.8K 31
Marriage...a very beautiful word yet full of life surprises. If one gets married with the love of their life, then it's beautiful. But what about a f...
About us. By H.

Fanfiction

32K 1.2K 36
The story of Hussain and Hania,which will make you laugh,cry and maybe melt your heart a bit too. Going through a lot of things in their life at such...
21.5K 1.9K 74
Hi! their i am a bit nervous because it is my first time that i am writing some thing on public hope you all love it......:) well my story revolve ar...