Go Beyond! BNHA x Reader Vari...

Av Rika_Akane

Yet another fanfic for the ever famous My Hero Academia bois! Giving you some fluff for the heart, angst, and... Mer

A Little Reminder
Amajiki Tamaki: Love at First Sight?
Bakugou Katsuki: Pumped up!
Bakugou Katsuki: Pumped Up! (2)
Midoriya Izuku: Off the List
Amajiki Tamaki: Kotatsu Hibernation
Bakugou Katsuki: Don't Look
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable (2)
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable (3)
Kaminari Denki: All Tricks, No Treat (Halloween Special)
Todoroki Shouto: At Least you Smiled
Amajiki Tamaki: Confession Nerves
Kirishima Eijirou: Scribbles
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable (4)
Midoriya Izuku: Off With his Head!
Amajiki Tamaki: Say It and I'm yours
Mustard: Got your Back (secretly)
Dabi + Shigaraki Tomura: Lifeless
Bakugou Katsuki: Rain Fiasco
Kaminari Denki: Sparks (New Year Special)
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable (5)
Bakugou Katsuki: And Yet. . .
Kaminari Denki: Please Shut your Mouth
Midoriya Izuku: Leap of Faith
Kirishima Eijirou: Jokes Aside
Bakugou Katsuki: Lost
Bakugou Katsuki: Lost (2)
Amajiki Tamaki: The Red String
Togata Mirio: Always Here
Amajiki Tamaki: A Lover and a Child
Kirishima Eijirou: Nothing Ever Changes
Todoroki Shouto: Stay
Todoroki Shouto: Stay (2)
Todoroki Shouto: Stay (3)
Midoriya Izuku: That Strange Girl
Hawks: The Last Time
Midoriya Izuku: Regrets
A/N: I'm sorry I just need to get this out
Bakugou Katsuki: 24 Hours with a Brat (Christmas Special)
Kirishima Eijirou: Somehow (New Year's Special 2)
Bakugou Katsuki: Love is a Competition. . . Apparently
Iida Tenya: Rabbit Apples and Children's Books
A/N: Hewwo
Todoroki Shouto: Secret and Forbidden
Midoriya Izuku: Link
Midoriya Izuku: Link (2)
Midoriya Izuku: As Night Falls

Bakugou Katsuki: Lost (3)

7.2K 276 383
Av Rika_Akane

Oh my gawd, this turned out longer than I expected. Waahh!!

Yoo, how have y'all been holding up? The feels isn't over, so I hope you've prepared some tissues~ (~_^)

But honestly, my heart hurts when I finished the last two parts.

Originally, I planned for this to just be two parts, but I had so many ideas for this that I didn't realize that the second part was starting to reach almost 10,000 words Σ(O_O;)

There'll still be mentions of abuse, so you have been warned!

A Bakugou Katsuki x Reader. People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.

Got that from a random Pinterest quote I saw. Enjoy!

><><><

No, no. This isn't true.

[Is this (L/N) (Y/N)? Daughter of (L/N) (FR/N)?]

Tell me this isn't true.

[I need you to listen to me. I'm Jonouchi Katsuya*, I'm a co-worker of your father.] (A/N: *another Yu-Gi-Oh! reference! ^w^)

Please tell me this is all a dream.

[Your father he. . . He was on his way for a meeting in a branch company.]

You couldn't believe what this man was saying. At least, that's what you wanted to feel.

[. . . Beat the red light. . .]

[. . . Car crash. . .]

[. . . Critically injured. . .]

[. . . Dead on arrival. . .]

You didn't want to believe. You wanted that man to somehow say it was all a big joke along the lines.

But the moment you stepped into the hospital, and saw that body covered in pure white sheets, all your attempts of denial came tumbling down.

Michiko was there, bawling her eyes out, as well as the man called Jounouchi. You wanted to think that Michiko's tears were all fake, but as Jonouchi looked at you. His eyes that held nothing but the truth, everything came crashing down.

Your dad was dead.

You couldn't do anything. You only watched Michiko cry as she stood beside his covered corpse. You were outside the room they were in, eyes wide, the life slowly draining from your pupils. You only watched in silence, unmoving. Your heart ached so bad that you felt like it was going to burst out of your chest any second now. Your chest felt tight, a huge lump in your throat. You wanted to say something, but your stomach was stirring that you felt like throwing up instead. But you still didn't move. You could only stare, reading the tag stuck on the bed with your father's name and other information.

He's dead.

He's dead.

He's dead.

He's dead.

Over and over you repeated those words. Jonouchi could only watch with sympathy, at his friend's wife, and his daughter who looked like she took most of the shock.

><><><

For the past week, was your dad's funeral. Some of the people from your dad's company attended, as well as Michiko's parents. All the time, you were by her side as she weeped for the loss of her husband. Everyone gave you condolences, to which you could only reply with silence while Michiko was the one who answered them.

You were so quiet. You didn't speak to any of your dad's acquaintances. You were supposed to give a eulogy, but you didn't even stand from where you were sitting, so it ended up with only Michiko giving one. You drowned out every noise. The soft chatters of the people, Michiko's attempts of talking to you, the sound of the rain falling. You wrapped yourself in a world of silence, watching with lifeless eyes as the coffin that held your dad was lowered to the ground.

You had that urge to scream, cry, anything that would let out all your pent-up emotions, but you felt so tired. You were drained. You didn't have the energy anymore, and just stood there, in the same cemetery your mother was buried.

Everyone started to disperse after the burial was finished. You were left alone, standing by your father's grave. Your eyes remained on the ground, not even daring to look at the name etched onto the gravestone. This was the same as when your mother died.

You were starting to get soaked in the rain, but you didn't want to move. Your mind was blank, you couldn't think of anything.

You thought everyone actually left already, including Michiko. But as you felt another presence come beside you and an umbrella covering you, you moved your gaze to the person, seeing Jonouchi there, a pained expression on his face as he looked at the grave.

"I was with him that day," he spoke. "We were going to attend the meeting. When it happened, I couldn't see anything other than fire. Then I was pulled out. I called out for your father, even pushed the rescue team to pull him out."

"I still couldn't believe I'm the only one who survived. I still wished (FR/N) would've too. It was all a shock to everyone. To Michiko-san, and to you especially, (Y/N)-san."

You didn't reply to him, turning your gaze back on the ground.

"(FR/N) was a great friend of mine. He loved his family so much. His daughter, especially. He told me a lot of things about you. He said. . . he had a lot of things to say to you, but he doesn't really know how."

Jonouchi got something out from the pocket in his suit, showing it to you. You peeked up at him, seeing him hold a gift box to you.

"He told me he wanted to give this to you on your birthday, but I figured this might be a good time to do so."

You extended your hand, accepting the gift. You still didn't say anything as you looked at him. Jonouchi smiled softly, raising his hand to give you a gentle pat on the head.

"Please be strong, (Y/N)-san. For your father, and for yourself."

That's the same thing mom told me. Jonouchi gave you another smile before you both fell into silence again. Instead of walking away and leaving you to soak under the rain again, he remained, until Michiko came back to get you. He walked you to the gate of the cemetery, where you gave him a soft word of gratitude before you left with Michiko and her parents.

><><><

It was a week of despair for you. And the following days, it remained the same. Rather, it became worse for you.

Without your father around anymore, Michiko was free to do whatever she wants. And by that, she could continue to slave you around, without having to hold back. You would cook, clean, do every chores. If you wouldn't do as she says, she would hurt you much worse than she did before. You would end up having more bruises and cuts from her.

You couldn't go to school anymore, as one day you ended up waking up with your body aching, with no energy to even get up. You didn't even go to your part-time job. One time, as you were out for grocery shopping, you took this chance to go to the bookstore to talk to Mr. Manjoume. He accepted your reason of absence for a few days, even told you that he'd still be waiting for you to come back and help out. You were grateful for his understanding. Though, before you could go ahead, he said something to you that you swore you'd never forget:

"You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it."*

(A/N: *Another random quote I read on the internet! ^w^)

I don't even know how long I can remain strong, Manjoume-san.

The money left by your father was, as expected by you, used by Michiko for herself. She started going out, hanging out in bars then coming home late at night. She would always leave you alone with an amount of money enough to buy food. Sometimes, if she comes home drunk, she'd even demand for you to make her some food.

You no longer have enough time for yourself, as all you did were cook, clean, basically watch over the house. Michiko wouldn't do anything and just continue going bar to bar. You were positive she was already looking for a replacement for your father.

While you should still be fighting back, you couldn't even do so as you would only end up on the ground, curling in pain after the bitch would beat you up. It would most likely happen, so all the energy you have to fight back just went down the drain.

Of course, you still thought of school, and Bakugou. You wondered how he was doing, and how much schoolwork you already missed. You even thought of contacting him, but your fear for Michiko grew and held you back.

You were so tired. You wanted it all to end.

Another week passed after your father's death. One day, as you were walking home after you ate dinner in the convenience store, you were surprised to see Michiko there. At this time, she would most likely be out. The look on her face was pure rage. Beside her was a suitcase, and your school bag.

As you stopped in front of her, she threw the suitcase and your school bag at you. You almost yelled at her as it almost hit you.

"Get the fuck out." she demanded.

"What? What are you saying now?"

She looked so angry. What's going on?

"I don't need you anymore. I don't want to raise a brat like you."

Wow, 'raise'? She didn't even do shit that'd be considered as 'raising'.

"What the hell are you talking about? This is my house." you stated in a matter of fact.

"Not anymore."

". . . What?"

Michiko ran a hand through her hair, clearly getting irritated.

"God, I sold the house, okay?!"

You froze. She. . . What the fuck?

"What the hell. . . are you thinking?! This isn't even your house in the first fucking place!"

"I don't care! I need the money, and I'll do everything to get it!"

This greedy little. . .

"Bitch!" you snapped. "What the fuck?! How dare you?! Aren't you satisfied that you get to hog all of dad's money by yourself?!"

"Well now, it isn't enough. If that's all you wanted to say, then get the fuck out!"

You were trembling in anger, sparks appearing on the tips of your fingers. You were clenching your teeth hard. Michiko had enough talking to you, and started to push you away.

"Get out! Get out! Get the fuck out! I don't need you! You can die out in the streets for all I care! Just get the fuck out!"

You slapped her hands away, gripping on her wrist tightly the same way she held you.

"Fine! I'll get out! But just so you know, all of this belongs to my dad. If you didn't marry him, you would be the one out in the streets being a whore instead. So you should be the one dying, you ungrateful bitch."

Michiko seethed in anger, raising her hand to slap you but before she could, you shocked her with your quirk. She gasped out in surprise, collapsing on her knees as she was rendered immobile. You sent her one last glare before you went on your way.

><><><

Damn, I didn't think this through. You sat on the swing, staring aimlessly at your phone. You were in the same park where you ran into Bakugou. Your suitcase was placed beside you, along with your school bag.

You still couldn't believe you were kicked out of the house, and worse, you lost your residence. Every memory you have in that place, since your mother was alive, gone. You were so pissed at Michiko, that shocking her with your quirk wasn't enough for you.

She's got fucking guts. In the end, all she cared about was money. Such a bitch.

You rubbed your temples, sighing in exhaustion. Now, what the hell am I gonna do? You felt so lost. Your mind was blank, you couldn't think of anything.

Should I call someone? You opened your phone. It had been a long time since you turned it on, and now you noticed how much calls you missed from Bakugou.

Katsu. . .

He was the only classmate you managed to exchange numbers with. He was stubborn, but ended up giving it to you anyway. Your thumb hovered over the call button, hesitating whether you should call or not.

On the other hand, school had just ended. As usual, Bakugou was the one who got to leave first. He got his phone out from his pocket, looking at his messages. He read the last conversation you had with him, which was a few days before you didn't show up. His eyes softened as he eyed your contact info.

You were gone for too long. Aizawa had informed the class of the reason for your absence being personal. After that call you received from when you were at the rooftop, that expression on your face, the tone of your voice. It was clear some serious shit happened. He thought of contacting you a few times before, but you weren't even answering, as your phone was turned off.

He wanted to know so badly; what happened to you, what was going on with your family. Almost everyone of his classmates had been annoying him, asking him how you were doing. All he could say to them was he doesn't have a single damn clue, as he didn't really know.

Just as he placed his phone back in his pocket, it vibrated. Bakugou's eyes widened as he saw that the caller was that one person he hadn't seen for so long. With no hesitation, he answered.

[Heyo, Katsu~!]

His mouth hung agape as he heard your tone. He hadn't heard it for so long, and now you sounded like your usual self.

". . . What the hell, (Y/N)? What—"

[Hey, hey, listen to this, Katsu.]

Bakugou paused as you interrupted his sentence.

[I'm at the park we were in last night. I don't know, just hanging out.]

He heard you laugh, but he still didn't say anything. Slowly, and slowly, your laughter died down, and he felt like your tone changed as you spoke again.

[. . . My dad died, Katsu.]

His breath hitched, eyes widening as he heard that statement from you. He stopped in his tracks.

[Yeah. My dad died. That's why I couldn't come to school these past few weeks. And you know. . .]

He could hear your voice start to shake.

"Oi, (Y/N). . ."

He heard you laugh again, hiding your trembling voice.

[My stepmom made me a slave in my own house. Isn't that funny? Hahaha! And then. . . Then, she finally kicked me out.]

"Wait, what?!"

You laughed again.

[It's funny. I was actually expecting for her to kick me out eventually. After all, she never treated me like a daughter. She treated me more like her maid or something.]

"Wait, (Y/N)—"

[So, yeah. Here I am, in the park, having no idea where I should go.]

"Hey, what—"

[And, yeah, I called you just to see how you're doing, and it looks like you're fine haha! Well, I'm fine too, by the way—]

"Hold up just a damn minute," Bakugou finally managed to cut you off. "Stay there, and don't even think of going anywhere. Wait for me."

[Eh? Katsu—]

He ended the call just before you could say anything, possibly something about him not going to where you were. He placed his phone back in his pocket, finding his feet to pick up the pace as he starts to run to the direction of where the park is. He pushed and shoved at the people blocking his way, even had to shout curses on some of them. He needed to get to you, was what he thought. He finally had the chance to talk to you again, and this time, it seemed like you were ready to share what you've been hiding for so long.

><><><

You slowly swung yourself back and forth, looking at the ground as you were lost in your thoughts. Aahh, what should I say? You tried to think of something you could say to him, but your mind was still blank. It should be okay now. After all, there shouldn't be anyone you had to fear for anymore.

The sound of someone panting made you stop swinging, looking up to see the person you had expected to come. Bakugou stood there, looking like he just ran the whole way here.

"Kat—"

"Stop talking for a second," he interrupted. You pressed your lips shut. Is he pissed? Bakugou crouched down in front of you, while you kept your eyes on the ground, afraid to meet his eyes.

"Look at me, (Y/N)," he demanded. You bit your bottom lip, slowly doing as he told. The look on his eyes made you want to tear your gaze away, but you found yourself frozen as you stared into his ruby orbs.

"Now, tell me the truth. What's going on?"

I shouldn't be scared, was what you thought. But your heart was already pounding loudly that you were positive he might hear it even from his position. You tightened your grip on the swing's handles. Don't be scared. I have no reason to be afraid anymore. With your nerves running on high, you managed to pull your lips up in a soft, pained smile.

"I lost everything, Katsu. . ." you started. "My parents, my home. My stepmom threw me out like a used rug after she felt like she's done with me. I have nowhere to go to, I have no family left. I'm all alone now."

Bakugou didn't speak as you lowered your gaze back on the ground, but he held your chin to keep you in place. He noticed how your shoulders were starting to tremble.

"I'm pathetic, aren't I? I managed to fight off my bitch of a stepmom, but in the end, I didn't know what I should do next. All I did was hold it in. No matter how it hurts. I did it all for my dad, and now, he's gone, and there's nothing left for me anymore."

". . ."

The two of you were wrapped in silence after. You let out a shaky breath as you were finally allowed to lower your head. Your chest felt tight, a huge lump in your throat. You waited for him to say something, anything. You were visibly shaking, anxious for his response.

". . ."

"Hey, get up," he said.

". . . Eh?"

"You're coming home."

You looked up at him in confusion.

"Huh? But I just said that—"

Bakugou clicked his tongue, grabbing you by the wrist then pulling you up. You yelped as you almost lost balance with his force.

"I said you're coming home. Now get your shit together and let's go."

To be honest, he wanted to actually go to your house and face that woman you call your stepmom. He wanted to have a 'talk' with her. He couldn't believe you've been hiding such a terrible secret for this long. He felt triggered, that you had to suffer so much, and now you looked like you were slowly collapsing. He wanted to somehow vent all his anger on that bitch, but seeing your state, he thought of doing something else.

You started to question him the moment he pulled you with him. You were expecting for him to go to the direction of what used to be your house, but instead, he was going to the direction of his own. You bombarded him with questions, wanting to know what his reason is, but all he told you was shut up and just come with him.

><><><

Eventually, you found yourself standing in front of Bakugou's house. Your eyes widened in surprise, turning to say something to the ash blonde but he started to pull you again until you entered the house.

"Oi, old hag, I'm home!" he called out, kicking off his shoes by the entryway. He placed your suitcase beside him, while you held onto your school bag.

"Katsuki, how many times did I tell you to call me—" a woman's voice floated from the halls, and out came his mother, who looks a lot like him. She immediately noticed your presence.

"Oh? That's a surprise. This is the first time you've brought a girl home," she said. Out of courtesy, you lowered yourself into a bow.

"It's nice to meet you, ma'am. My name's (L/N) (Y/N)." you introduced.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Bakugou Mitsuki, this hothead's mom." she pointed at Katsuki. "There's no need to bow so low, dear," you straightened yourself up after thanking her for the permission. She eyed your figure, you feeling bashful under her stare.

"(L/N) (Y/N). . ." she wondered aloud. I've heard that name before. She snapped back in realization. She's. . .

"You're that girl Katsuki's been talking about!"

The blonde male beside you immediately exclaimed, you flinching at his sudden response.

"Hah?! Since when did I do that, you old hag?!" he roared. He's acting just like he is in school. You watched them argue. That reminds me of how I fight with my bitch stepmom. Though, when I look at them, they seem more. . .

"Pfft. . ." you found yourself bursting out into a soft giggle, Mitsuki and Katsuki stopping their argument. The blonde male snapped out of it and cleared his throat, going back to the topic at hand.

"Anyway, old hag. (Y/N)'s staying with us from now on." he declared.

"Eh?"

"Eh?"

You and Mitsuki had the same reaction as you looked at him with surprise and confusion. Katsuki shot you a look, quickly tearing his gaze away.

"Hey, Katsuki. I'd have no problem with that, but first—"

"Yeah, I'll explain it to you later," Katsuki cut her off. "Right now, I need to talk with (Y/N)."

He brushed past his mother, pulling you by the wrist again, while holding onto your suitcase with his other hand. You tried to protest, but he didn't say any word as he proceeded upstairs and into his room.

Bakugou closed the door behind him, placing your luggage next to it. You slowly walked to the center of his room, looking around. You turned to him, still confused at what's going on.

"Katsu, what's with this? Why'd you suddenly bring me here?" you asked. Bakugou looked at you, a serious expression on his face as he startled to stalk over to you.

You backed away, feeling nervous as he came closer. I knew it, he's pissed. You let out a soft gasp as your lower back came in contact with his desk. You now felt cornered.

"Katsu—"

"You idiot," you winced in surprise as he suddenly gave your head a karate chop. You swatted his hand away, covering your head with your own. Just as you were about to protest, he spoke again,

"If you needed it so badly, then why the hell didn't you ask for help?" you paused your sentence, looking at him with parted lips.

"You held it all in, didn't you? It hurts, doesn't it? Then why? Why did you choose to hide it anyway?"

He tried to keep control of his volume despite feeling triggered, as he was asking you sensitive questions.

"You're fucking strong," he continued. "But it's already been this worse, so why did you hide it all?"

Your bottom lip quivered as you spoke up.

". . . Because. . ." you breathed. "It's scary."

You brought a hand close to your chest, clenching the material of your shirt.

"I've fought so long. I thought I could handle it on my own. I did it all for my dad, and for my promise with my mom. If I told you, then you would've been dragged into my own mess. I. . . don't want that, Katsu. If I told you, you might even leave me someday. So, I. . . I-I. . ."

"I don't care about that shit!" you looked at him.

"Look, you already told me, didn't you? I didn't push you away, right? If you're here with me, then that means you've been lying to yourself, and you've been needing someone to trust."

"I. . . am," you stammered. "I trust you, Katsu. But. . ."

"Yeah, it's scary," he interrupted you again. "Look, I may not have known the whole story yet, but you're not fucking alone. Hell, I'm here now! If I didn't give a single shit about you, then I'd have already kicked my ass!"

What a strange thing coming from him, you thought. But. . .

Bakugou clenched his fist, uncurling it as he raised it up to your head. You flinched as he felt it come in contact, the gentle caresses on your hair reminding you of the last time he did it on the rooftop.

"You've done a hella good job coming this far," he said. "Now it's time for you to actually rely on someone else now. Stay here, (Y/N), and I assure you, I ain't leaving you alone."

Your heart skipped a beat, your breath hitching. The faces of your parents flashed in your mind. I'm. . . not alone.

"Really?" your eyes glistened with hope as you stared into his own, seeing nothing but seriousness. His hand went down from your hair to your cheek, stroking it gently with his thumb.

"Yeah. I swear."

Tears started to appear on the corner of your eyes. It felt like your chest would burst. Bakugou's eyes softened as you lowered your head. All your thoughts are in a swirl. You didn't know what to say anymore.

"I'll. . . be right back," he said. You gave him a timid nod. You waited until he left the room, before you collapsed on your knees. You needed some time to think. It all happened so suddenly. Bakugou Katsuki, the one person who looks like he doesn't give a shit to everything, yet here he was, the only person who came to you with a helping hand.

Your eyes drifted to your school bag dropped on your side, now noticing that you left the zipper slightly open when you placed your phone in it. A certain object caught your sight; the (F/C) gift box Jounouchi gave you the day of your dad's funeral.

I haven't opened it. You took it out of your bag, studying it. Jonouchi-san said dad would've given me this on my birthday. Your eyes softened, memories of your dad playing back in your mind. Without even thinking, you tore off the wrapper, opening the present. What you saw made your eyes widen. This is. . .

It was a photo album, on the lower-right corner was a small note with the words: 'My Dear (Y/N)', written in. . . your mother's handwriting.

You opened the album, seeing the pictures of you and your mom ever since you were a child. Most of it was when she was in the hospital, the others were from the times when she would be discharged and you would play together, with your dad included of course. Your heart ached for those memories, the ones you truly cherish.

You saw a photo of you sitting on your mom's hospital bed, bawling your eyes out while she tried to cheer you up. A soft smile splayed on your lips. A small note was stuck below it: 'Princess (Y/N) really tends to cry a lot, but it's okay! Mom loves you soo much!

There were small notes below some of the pictures, most of them were from your mom. You chuckled, imagining your mom making the album while your dad compiles the photos. You finished looking at the photos, satisfied that you could at least keep some of the memories with your family.

You hugged the album close to your chest, the smile on your face remaining. Only, as you did, you felt something slip out of it and drop on your legs. You placed the album beside you, now seeing a white envelope with your name on the back, written by your dad. Your eyes widened as you remembered some of Jonouchi's words:

"He had a lot of things to say to you, but he doesn't really know how."

Is this what he meant? You picked up the letter, your fingers slightly shaking as you opened it up. You silently read what was written:

(Y/N). . .

I know it's been hard. For the both of us, when your mom died. I know that you still couldn't accept it. I know. . . that you find it difficult to move on.

I know you were unhappy, but I still did my best, because I didn't want to see you so sad. Your mother was a very important person in your life, and she still is to me. When I met Michiko and decided to marry her, I thought you would be okay and be happy with it, as I wanted you to feel once again that you have a mother.

I didn't know you were still miserable. And, I'm sorry for that. I wasn't there for you whenever you needed me. I left you alone. I've made a lot of mistakes, and I regret that I couldn't even manage to say this to you in person.

I'm so sorry, (Y/N). If I could, I would apologize to you a thousand more times. I left you to suffer in your own problems, and I didn't realize how much you've been hurting.

Still, I could never forget that you're my one and only daughter. I didn't stop caring, and I didn't stop loving you. Your mother is a wonderful person, and I know you are too. You're just as stubborn as your mother haha!

I know you've been holding out for so long. But, (Y/N), never ever think that you're alone. You've never been alone. Your mother and I are here with you, and we'll always be no matter what. If you ever felt like you're alone, if you ever felt like you couldn't take it anymore, there will always be that one person who will be with you and reach a hand out to you.

Promise me, (Y/N), that you'll always remember; you're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. We'll always be there for you, and will never give up on you.

I love you so much, my dear and always will be our strong princess (Y/N). I'm sure your mother thinks the same way too.

—Your dad.

By the time you finished reading, you couldn't stop the tears anymore as you fell into a fit of soft sobs.

><><><

Katsuki finished pouring you a glass of iced tea, proceeding to make his way back to his room when his mother suddenly stopped him.

"Katsuki," she called, the said male stopping as he turned to her. Mitsuki didn't look at him as she was busy preparing for dinner.

"That girl. . ." she started. "I heard about her from the news two weeks ago. What happened to his father, that is."

His eyes widened. He didn't watch the news that time, but he certainly didn't expect it to be featured on television. He didn't say anything as Mitsuki continued,

"She's been through a lot," she wiped her hands clean as she finished preparing the ingredients. "So leave the chores for tonight to us, and you go stay with her. I'm sure she needs someone to be with her at this time."

Katsuki looked away from her.

"Yeah. I know that." he said, walking away from her to go back upstairs.

"We may not know the whole story, and she may not be ready to tell us yet, but promise me you'll stay with her," she added. "If you hurt her, you're gonna get it."

Katsuki clicked his tongue, stepping up the stairs.

"I know that already, you old hag."

He slowly opened the door to his room, about to call your name, when—

*Hic* *Sob*

He stopped halfway from the doorway, hearing the soft sobs coming from you. He saw you on your knees, your back facing him. Katsuki gently closed the door, walking over to your side after he placed your drink on his desk. You didn't even notice his presence.

He could see how you were trembling, (H/C) hair spilling to hide your face, but what he didn't fail to notice were the tears already rolling down your cheeks. His eyes widened, as this was the first time he saw you crying. Tightly clutched on your hands were the letter your dad wrote.

She's. . . in so much pain already. Before he knew it, he found himself reaching an arm out to wrap around your shoulders. Pulling you close to him for some form of embrace. You gladly accepted his gesture, your other hand going to his chest as you cried your heart out on his shoulder, clenching the material of his shirt.

"This sucks. . . It hurts. . . It hurts so much, Katsu. . ." you spoke in between sobs, the said blonde already gently caressing your hair with his other hand.

You felt like all the emotions you kept hidden for so long, everything that you held back, came bursting out like a broken dam. You felt like crying wasn't even enough anymore. You felt so weak. You had so many regrets. Why you had to keep all the pain yourself, why you distanced yourself from your dad, why you didn't even get to say how much you love them. You regretted having to force yourself to be blinded from reality. You regretted your failure of not saying everything you want to tell the both of them.

First your mom, and now your dad. As the saying goes: You never know how important someone is, until you've actually lost them.

I'm so sorry, mom, dad. I'm sorry I didn't tell you how much I love you both. I'm sorry that I hid something from you.

You kept apologizing in your mind, wishing that they were still here so you could actually tell them in person. Your chest hurts, the tears never stopping from falling. You were a crying mess.

Bakugou's eyes softened. Seeing you in such a weak state, it brought a strange ache in his chest. He too, had regrets; that he couldn't even help you in the times you needed it the most. He leaned closer, whispering soothing words on your ear as he continued caressing your hair.

"You're gonna be okay," he said. "You're not alone. You don't have to hold it in anymore. I'll be here."

He softly pressed his lips against your soft tresses, surprising you. A gesture like that, was certainly a first for you. You pulled away from him, your sobs slowly fading. Bakugou lowered his hand to your cheek, wiping away all your tears. He was so gentle you thought it was out of character for him. You sniffled, looking up at him.

"Hmph. You look like shit." he huffed. You bursted out into a shaky chuckle. Even in your state, he still had the nerve to talk to you like that. That's the Katsu I knew.

You pulled your lips up in a smile, not the ones you had to force, but a real smile now. You were so thankful, that he was the one who would pull you out from your dark world. If it weren't for him, if it didn't all start with that one encounter on the school rooftop, you would've given everything up a long time ago.

You lurched forward, wrapping your arms around his neck as you tackled him in a hug. You felt him tense up when you nuzzled your face on his neck, softly whispering how grateful you are to him. Bakugou turned his nose up, hiding the pink on his cheeks from your sight as he huffed out his reply with his usual tone.

Soon, Mitsuki called you both down for dinner. You had regained your composure before you went down with Katsuki. You met his dad, Bakugou Masaru, and he too, gladly welcomed you into the house.

After the dinner, you decided now would be the right time to tell them your whole story. You sat down with the three of them in the living room, Bakugou sitting beside you. When you felt nervous, he took your hand on his own, lacing your fingers together. His warmth made you relax, and you started to tell them what you've hidden for so many years.

When you finished, there was silence among all of you. You squeezed Katsuki's hand for some comfort as you felt nervous for their response. The first thing they did though, was Mitsuki throwing her arms around you, wrapping you in a warm motherly embrace.

You were surprised, the feeling of her arms around you reminding you so much of your own mother that the tears started falling again. You hugged her back tightly. Mitsuki praised you for your strength, telling you it would all be okay. Masaru joined in on the hug, while Katsuki, not really being a fan of such intimacy, just watched you from the side. Eventually, you had to pull him in. You needed all the comfort you could get right now.

You thought you lost everything, and you were going to be stuck in the same dark world you lived in. But you didn't know someone would reach a hand out to you and pull you out. You didn't have to hide anymore, wear a mask anymore. This person, brought in new hope for you, a new light.

At this moment, you didn't feel lost anymore. You felt. . . warm.

><><><

Haaahh, I finiiisshheddd!! Oh gawd, my heart hurts again.

I know some of y'all knew what would happen next (Oya oya~). Damn, you're good, or is it that I'm just an obvious writer? Bakugou's character here was a bit difficult to play, but this was what I thought he'd be in situations like this, in regards of his usual character.

Anywho, how's the story? How's the plot? How's the feels? This is the result of all my built-up frustration from not updating so long. I hope you enjoyed this angsty shot!

I'm curious, did you cry while reading this?

Kukuku~ anywho! Vote! Comment! Share!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

389K 13.6K 87
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.6M 53.4K 67
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
719K 34.1K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
308K 9.1K 82
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...