Bad Company

Oleh SpriceThePrice

Amber never expected to finally build the courage to leave her abusive boyfriend and start new in Boston with... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1: (Intro)
Chapter 2: New Beginning
Chapter 3: The Four Roses
Chapter 4: Not Easily Intimidated
Chapter 5: Rides From Strangers
Chapter 6: Nice Try
Chapter 7: Jealousy
Chapter 8: Giving In
Chapter 9: Unexpected
Chapter 10: Protect What's Yours
Chapter 11: Different Kind of Hero
Chapter 12: New Leaf
Chapter 13: Mama, I'm in love with a criminal
Chapter 14: Funny Little Feeling
Chapter 15: Death of Me
Chapter 16: Celebrating
Chapter 17: Wake Up Call
Chapter 18: Gunslinger
Chapter 19: Blue Monday
Chapter 20: Playing With Fire
Chapter 21: Darley's Girl
Chapter 22: Overprotective
Chapter 23: The Rain
Chapter 24: Sick of Being Sick
Chapter 25: Happy Birthday
Chapter 26: Birthday He Will Never Forget
Chapter 27: Changed
Chapter 28: Bad Company
Chapter 29: Ten Weeks
Chapter 30: Babies 'R' Us
Chapter 31: Date Night
Chapter 32: The Worst Part of You, ...Is Me.
Chapter 33: Change of Plans
Chapter 34: It's Me
Chapter 35: Claimed
Chapter 36: Adoption
Chapter 37: Through Thick, Through Thin
Chapter 38: Ultrasounds and Guns
Chapter 39: House of The Rising Sun
Chapter 40: Becoming You
Chapter 41: New Leadership
Chapter 42: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: Sometimes on a Sunday
Chapter 45: Death Sentence
Chapter 46: Face to Face
Chapter 47: Sentenced
Chapter 48: Finish The Job
Chapter 49: Shaun Darley
Chapter 50: All Along The Watchtower
Chapter 51: Reunions
Chapter 52: Cemetery Gates
Chapter 53: Animal
Chapter 54: Each to Their Own
Chapter 55: The Sound of Silence
Chapter 56: Welcome Home
Chapter 57: Forgivness
Chapter 58: The Queen
Chapter 59: New Friends, Old Problems
Chapter 60: Gimme Shelter
Chapter 61: Losing My Religion
Chapter 62: Darkness
Chapter 63: The Beach
Chapter 64: Two Birds, One Stone
Chapter 65: Come Undone
Chapter 66: Bad Penny
Chapter 67: Grow Up, Little Girl
Chapter 68: Family
Chapter 69: Ayo For Yayo
Chapter 70: Ownership
Chapter 71: Blood For Blood
Chapter 72: For Better or For Worse
Chapter 73: Penthouse Pauper
Chapter 75 - Cumberland Gap

Chapter 74: Beast of Burden

131 3 1
Oleh SpriceThePrice

I was already awake and on the floor in my bathroom, puking my guts out, when I received the call from Detective Wallis that Billy had been both shot and arrested for his involvement in the shootout that had occured last night at some house in the hills.

Sick, tired, and stressed... I still managed to clean myself up, pull my act together, get Shaun ready and haul him to the police station with me.

"Five fucking years?!" I screamed at Detective Wallis, not even so much as caring that she could arrest me right now solely for my outburst in her office.

"It's the best deal I can do given his record!" She growled, closing the door to her office.

"So what? Billy made you a little deal, and what? It put him behind bars, got you closer to bringing down some prick and what? You get a 'Good job, Wallace! Here's your fuckin' employee of the month cup.'? You're a fuckin' joke,"

"Watch your goddamn mouth," She snapped back at me, pursing her lips and staring down at Shaun.

"Or what? You gonna arrest me too?"

"You know why he did what he did... and frankly, you should be thankful that it's him behind bars and you out here with your son, Amber." Wallace hissed, plopping down in her leather seat behind her desk.

"Do you really believe that this... this... is all over?" I chuckled in disbelief.

Wallace sighed, "No... but sure slows things down, at least for awhile."

"Just goes to show that no matter what... neither of us are getting out of this life..." I started, pausing to pick up Shaun's heavy carseat, "isn't that right... detective?"

"Five years is a long time, Mrs. Darley." Wallace piped up, stopping me from leaving her office, "May I suggest that you use this time wisely for you and your son's sake."

Clicking my jaw to the side, I slowly spun around and smiled at her, "You may have been able to run, but I can't."

I never went to any of Billy's trials. It wasn't because I was mad at him, because I wasn't. If anything, I was thankful for his sacrifice. He saved me from doing prison time and I knew he was doing just what he claimed he always does... protecting what's his.

Rafael had shown up on my doorstep with his lame "apologies" for what had happened. He had tried to explain to me that this shit sometimes happens and it's out of his control. Which means he's glad it happened to someone besides him. Thankfully, that also means he bought the bullshit story of what happened that night... whatever it was that did happen. I think it's safe to say that we're debt free of Rafael now.

Megan and Jack still never got back together, in fact... they hardly speak to each other when they're around... but they seem to be civil towards one another for the sake of Shaun and I. Jack lives with Jamie and his wife and kids. Megan still lives with Christy, where they both party and snort lines together frequently.

Bodie and Jamie help me run Bones' shop... the mechanics get paid on time and surprisingly... it's the only thing that's keeping a roof over my head and food on the table right now. Which is nice considering I get to be a stay at home mom and still keep my head above water because God knows I wouldn't be able to afford to live, eat, and pay for Shaun's daycare while I work. However, my sister has been talking about moving here and in with me... I know she's not ready to face the life I live, but if she lived with me, it would be nice to have her watch Shaun for me on days that I have to be down at Bones' shop. I hate taking Shaun there with me... it's loud and not a place for a baby.

Julia hasn't spoken to me since the night I lost control and hit an ex-member of B-street in the face with a guitar. She downright believes I'm no longer the same person and that I'm the female version of Billy. She's wrong of course... and I just don't have the energy to prove that to her right now, so... eventually, she will come around... she always does.

Billy is set to be transferred to a prison a few hours away today. Luckily, he has connections there and will be protected.

"Here goes..." I sighed, unscrewing the cap on the small bottle of mouthwash that I carry in my purse.

Taking a swig, I gargled the mouthwash around my mouth, hoping to freshen my breath after just throwing up on the side of the highway. My nerves were shot, and today was going to be a hard day. It would be the last time I see Billy for quite some time... the last day I'd get to embrace him and kiss him for the next five years.

"Two pieces of I.D please," the officer behind the desk demanded, awakening me from my thoughts.

Oh God... I'm going to be sick again.

Everything seemed like a blur. This was really happening. They brought Billy out and my whole world seemed like it had just stopped spinning. This can't be happening... this can't be happening.

"Wasn't too long ago that you were the one sitting in my spot," Billy laughed, breaking the silence.

Gulping, I reached out to him, wrapping my hand around his cuffed wrist, "B-Billy..."

"Surprised ya found some fuckin' time in ya day to come see me," Billy snorted, shooting me a glare.

"I couldn't..." I whispered, staring down at my lap in shame.

"Real fuckin' grateful aren't ya?"

"Fuck you," I hissed, shooting my head up and glaring at him, "If you only knew the reason that was preventing me from coming to see you sooner."

"Now what?" Billy asked in annoyance.

"Why don't you lose the attitude, first of all." I snapped.

"Why don't ya get to the fuckin' point or fuck-"

"I'm pregnant, you fuck." I snapped, cutting Billy off.

Billy's jaw tightened and before I could say anything he had slammed the table, making me jump in my seat. The guards glanced over at him and just shrugged, surprisingly leaving us alone. Billy turned his head and gritted his teeth, knee bobbing up and down under the table. For the first time in what feels like forever, Billy Darley was speechless.

"You gonna run?"

"What?!" I exclaimed, mouth falling agape, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Are ya?"

"No. What kind of question is that? I married you."

"Didn't stop ya last-"

"If you're gonna be a fucking asshole I'm not coming back to see you for the next five years-"

"Truth fuckin' hurts, baby."

"God, you're an asshole..." I growled, shaking my head in disbelief.

"I love ya," Billy chuckled, leaning forward and cupping the side of my face.

"And I love you, so don't ever fucking ask me that again. I married you, knowing what I was doing, thick through thin." I explained, choking back tears.

"You're all I got..." He trailed off, staring at me blankly. I couldn't tell if he was pleading with me to stay or just stating the obvious, "You and the kid... and the one ya carrying."

"Come home to me." I demanded, a silent tear rolling down my cheek.

Billy smirked, "This ain't my first stint."

Rolling my eyes, I leaned forward and kissed his jaw, "I mean it, smartass."

"Protect my kids." Billy demanded firmly.

Swallowing the lump that had formed in my throat, I nodded slowly, "Always."

"I'll see ya when I see ya," Billy stated cooly as the guards walked over to him.

"I love you, Billy. With my whole heart."

Billy smirked, "Ya?"

"Yes."

"We'll see what ya feel in five years," Billy replied as the guard drug him up to his feet, "Get the fuck off me!"

"Cmon Darley, ya visit's over."

Just like that... he was gone. I was alone, pregnant and raising and infant on my own. Two innocent children born into a world where things would never be normal. I could very well run, but instead, I choose to stay. I stay because of my children and because I love my husband, regardless of who he is or what he does.

I am a Darley, and this is what Darley's do... we protect what is ours.

------------------------------------------------------------

[b][u] Five years later: Present Day, 12 days before Billy's Release.[/u][/b]

"Alright, next up is Shaun Darley!" The teacher exclaimed causing the whole classroom full of grade 1 students and their parents to clap.

"Go, Shaun!" Julia cheered beside me.

"You recording?" I asked Megan in a hushed whisper.

Megan nodded, "Of course!"

"C'mon buddy! Don't be nervous!" Christy called out as Shaun stood up in front of his class and smiled at us.

A smile crept across my face as I watched my beautiful six year old with shaggy dirty blonde hair, introduce himself to his peers. He was so smart. Much smarter than most kids his age were. To say that I'm proud of him would be an understatement.

"Hello, my name is Shaun Darley and... and today I'm going to tell you about my-" Shaun paused and smiled, "family!"

"Oh God..." Julia, Christy, Megan, and I all groaned at the same time.

"I love my mommy, she's the best. She makes me and little sister Kamryn our favourite breakfast every morning! Mommy even makes sure there's extra bacon because my sister likes to eat a lot of bacon!"

"So far so good..." I exhaled a shaky breath of relief.

"It'll be okay..." Julia assured me in a whisper.

"I love my aunties too! My aunty Sasha lived with us for a while but she moved back home to my grandma's house because my daddy is coming home soon."

"Oh shit..." I winced.

"I miss my aunty Sasha. But, my auntie's that live here are really awesome too!" Shaun exclaimed, pausing to point at the four of us, "There's my aunty Megan with the camera, that's my mommy in the middle, there's aunty Julia, and that's aunty Christy!"

We all gave the packed classroom an awkward wave and some nervous chuckles.

"Aunty Julia lets me watch superhero movies! Kammy doesn't really like superhero movies, but I do because superheroes are good guys and awesome!" Shaun continued, "I really really really like superheroes! Especially... batman!"

"Thank God for kids and their shitty attention spans, huh?" Christy laughed as she leaned back to look at me behind Julia's head.

"No shit..." I muttered, chewing on the inside of my bottom lip.

"Batman wouldn't like my daddy though. My daddy is a bad guy, he's in prison and I don't get to see him much cause mommy doesn't like bringing me and Kammy there. But I wish she would take us there more, I love seeing my daddy. I miss my daddy, I'm glad he's coming home soon!"

My jaw fell agape as gasps from other parents echoed throughout the room. Christy snorted and put her fist up to her mouth, trying to hide her fit of laughter. Both Julia and Megan were stunned by what they had just heard my six year old tell his whole class. A bead of sweat rolled down my forehead as my eyes scanned around the room, a nervous chuckle escaped my lips.

"Do I keep recording...?" Megan asked awkwardly.

Gulping, I nodded, "Y-yeah..."

"Oh fucking rights..." Christy snickered, receiving a warning glare from Julia.

"Batman would love my uncle Jack though! He's really nice and spends a lot of time with Kamryn and me when mommy is busy! I love uncle Jack... except him and mommy are really really loud sometimes when I'm trying to sleep-"

"Oh shit!" Christy busted out laughing.

"What?!" Julia exclaimed in a hushed whisper.

"I think they wrestle because some mornings uncle Jack comes out of mommy's room with hand prints and purple bruises on his neck. But... I still love him, even though they make a lot of noise sometimes."

"...R-really?" Megan asked, lowering the camera and glaring at me.

"Alrighty! That's... that's enough Shaun, thank you for sharing!" The teacher cut in, running up behind Shaun and ushering him towards me.

"That's my nephew!" Christy cheered, embracing Shaun as soon as he came over to us.

"Lets... let's go get your sister from kindergarten... now!" I demanded, picking up Shaun's backpack and leading them out of the crowded classroom.

"Oh so I was a whore for having a threesome and cheating on Jack back when we were together? But you can sleep with my ex ex ex boyfriend while your HUSBAND is in jail?" Megan hissed handing me the camera as we walked down the long hallway to Kamryn's classroom.

"I think I need a drink after that..." Julia sighed.

"It's..." I started.

"You're a fucking slut, you know that? A hypocritical slut!" Megan exclaimed.

"Keep your fucking voices down!" Julia demanded in a hushed whisper.

"You're a fucking slut!" Megan whispered, shooting me a glare.

"Mommy!" Kammy exclaimed, running out of her classroom and embracing my legs in a huge hug.

"Hi baby! How was your morning?!" I asked, kneeling down to kiss her forehead.

"It was fun!"

"Anyways, I'm gonna take off... Nick wants to meet for lunch," Megan started, pausing to glare at me, "you know? My awesome boyfriend who's a million times better than Jack..."

Julia rolled her eyes, "Oh for christ sakes it's been like five years,"

"Yeah? So?" Megan hissed. "Anyways, gimme hugs kiddos!"

Both Shaun and Kamryn gave Megan a big hug each and she kissed both of them on their foreheads, "I'll see you guys later! Be good! See ya later... whore."

Rolling my eyes, I clicked my jaw to the side, "See ya Meg..."

"Who wants to come to my house for dinner tonight?!" Julia asked both of my kids, leading them away from Christy and I.

"ME!" They both exclaimed.

"You're really fuckin' Jack?!" Christy giggled, nudging me in the arm.

Sighing, I pressed my tongue to the inside of my cheek and slowly nodded, "I'm... I..."

"Ahh shit! Today was a good fuckin' day!" Christy busted out laughing.

"Fuck off," I grumbled, holding the door open for her.

"Hey now! I'm shocked that I didn't clue in... how long?!"

"...The past year." I admitted.

"Shit! Bitch!" Christy giggled.

"I'm lonely..." I whimpered.

"Yeah.. not for long when Billy gets out in what... ten days?"

"Twelve," I corrected.

"How in the hell are you going to keep this from him?" Christy asked, cocking a brow as we reached my SUV.

"Same way we kept it a secret from everyone... Just have to have a chat with Shaun about what not to say about uncle Jack and I in front of Billy..." I sighed, "You coming to dinner with us at Jules place?"

"Sure, I got some shit to do this afternoon though..." Christy trailed off, seeming like she was hiding something, "I'll be there around 6, alright?"

Shrugging, I pulled her into a hug, "Alright."

Christy pulled away from me after a moment and smirked, "Never a dull fucking moment, hey?"

That's an understatement...

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

266K 9K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
647K 32.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
972K 52.8K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
632K 9.9K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...