Bad Company

By SpriceThePrice

Amber never expected to finally build the courage to leave her abusive boyfriend and start new in Boston with... More

Chapter 1: (Intro)
Chapter 2: New Beginning
Chapter 3: The Four Roses
Chapter 4: Not Easily Intimidated
Chapter 5: Rides From Strangers
Chapter 6: Nice Try
Chapter 7: Jealousy
Chapter 8: Giving In
Chapter 9: Unexpected
Chapter 10: Protect What's Yours
Chapter 11: Different Kind of Hero
Chapter 12: New Leaf
Chapter 13: Mama, I'm in love with a criminal
Chapter 14: Funny Little Feeling
Chapter 15: Death of Me
Chapter 16: Celebrating
Chapter 17: Wake Up Call
Chapter 18: Gunslinger
Chapter 19: Blue Monday
Chapter 20: Playing With Fire
Chapter 21: Darley's Girl
Chapter 22: Overprotective
Chapter 23: The Rain
Chapter 24: Sick of Being Sick
Chapter 25: Happy Birthday
Chapter 26: Birthday He Will Never Forget
Chapter 27: Changed
Chapter 28: Bad Company
Chapter 29: Ten Weeks
Chapter 30: Babies 'R' Us
Chapter 31: Date Night
Chapter 32: The Worst Part of You, ...Is Me.
Chapter 33: Change of Plans
Chapter 34: It's Me
Chapter 35: Claimed
Chapter 36: Adoption
Chapter 37: Through Thick, Through Thin
Chapter 38: Ultrasounds and Guns
Chapter 39: House of The Rising Sun
Chapter 40: Becoming You
Chapter 41: New Leadership
Chapter 42: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: Sometimes on a Sunday
Chapter 45: Death Sentence
Chapter 46: Face to Face
Chapter 47: Sentenced
Chapter 48: Finish The Job
Chapter 49: Shaun Darley
Chapter 50: All Along The Watchtower
Chapter 51: Reunions
Chapter 52: Cemetery Gates
Chapter 53: Animal
Chapter 54: Each to Their Own
Chapter 55: The Sound of Silence
Chapter 56: Welcome Home
Chapter 57: Forgivness
Chapter 58: The Queen
Chapter 59: New Friends, Old Problems
Chapter 60: Gimme Shelter
Chapter 61: Losing My Religion
Chapter 62: Darkness
Chapter 63: The Beach
Chapter 64: Two Birds, One Stone
Chapter 65: Come Undone
Chapter 66: Bad Penny
Chapter 67: Grow Up, Little Girl
Chapter 68: Family
Chapter 69: Ayo For Yayo
Chapter 70: Ownership
Chapter 71: Blood For Blood
Chapter 72: For Better or For Worse
Chapter 74: Beast of Burden
Chapter 75 - Cumberland Gap

Chapter 73: Penthouse Pauper

72 0 0
By SpriceThePrice

"Even if she is...what does that have to do with us? Billy's working for his brother anyway!" Christy exclaimed, following me into Shaun's bedroom.

"Goodnight pumpkin," I cooed, choosing to ignore Christy.

"I say we go find out," Julia appeared next to Christy in the doorframe, smirking triumphantly.

Cocking an eyebrow in surprise, I slowly stood tall and pushed myself back away from Shaun's crib, "You shitting me?"

"What? You think I can't roll with the big dogs?" Julia asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"Ah... fuck, doesn't this all sound to familiar?" Christy huffed, nodding over at me.

"She can't be..." I mumbled, closing Shaun's door behind me and leading Julia and Christy back downstairs.

"Meg's a hot mess since her and Jack split up... let her do her thing." Christy sighed.

"Billy is putting his fucking life on the line trying to get us all out of this shit," I hissed, "In case you might have fuckin' forgot, he only helped this prick to get you and I out of fuckin' jail."

"How could I forget?" Christy snapped back.

"So what? Your guys' loser friend started fuckin' this Rafael guy's little brother?" Julia asked, rolling her eyes.

Nodding, I began to slip on a pair of basic black combat boots that I've only ever worn once. Who the fuck wears these for fun? Not I. For fashion? Once. Wasn't my cup of fuckin' tea. But, be that as it may, these bad boys would get shit done if I needed them to... and well... they're gonna get shit done tonight.

"Why did you bring this bitch over, Amber?" Christy asked as she glared over at Julia. "All judgemental and shit, she doesn't fuckin' get this life."

"Oh yeah? Fuck me for having an honest job and a drug free life, right?" Julia retorted.

"And I don't?"

"What do you do? Besides snorting blow and getting railed by anything with a cock between his legs?"

Taken back, Christy scoffed, "I work at the Four Roses! I pay my fuckin' bills."

"I rest my case." Julia sighed.

"You two done?" I asked, standing up and stretching my back.

They both stopped their bickering, glared at each other and nodded.

"Good... so... which one of you is staying here to watch Shaun?" I asked.

"I'm coming along." Julia stated firmly.

Christy shifted her eyes between Julia and I, starting to chuckle, "Well, it sure the fuck ain't gonna be me. Fuck I look like? Mary Poppins?"

"Cmon..." I sighed in frustration, rolling my eyes.

"Fuck sakes... fine." She agreed in defeat.

Smirking, I nudged her in the shoulder, "I still love you... bestie."

"Yeah, I bet you do." Christy snarled, nudging me back.

"Oh look, you're doing something for once," Julia nodded over at Christy.

"Bitch fuck-"

"I'll be right back," I chuckled, leaving the two of them downstairs to argue amongst themselves.

Once I was in my bedroom, I quietly shut the door behind me and flicked on the light. Swallowing the hard lump that had formed in my throat, I made my way over to the closet. Sighing, I pulled out a super ugly pink purse I had that I never used because it was flat out ugly.

My hands rattled as I sat the purse down on the bed and opened it, pulling out one of the guns I had purchased from Bones. Pursing my lips, I stood tall and thought about why I was even doing this. My husband, my son, myself...my family. Protect what's yours, right?

"Amber?!" Julia called out from downstairs.

"Y-yeah, give me a second, I'm coming." I called out, lifting my hoodie up and glancing at the gun to see that safety was still on. Sighing, I slipped the gun into the waistband of my jeans and pulled my hoodie back down.

Just like Billy.

"What's the plan?" Billy asked the driver, breaking the awkward silence.

"Well, buddy-"

"Billy."

"Well, Billy... first thing's first. You're no longer 'Billy', tonight you're 'B', you never know who's wired." The driver explained, "Secondly, you do what the crew says. Boss told me you're gonna be the one to go in and finish the job."

Billy nodded, glancing out the passenger window, noticing Jamie finally catching up with the van Billy was in. Tightening his jaw, Billy remained watching Jamie tail the van through the passenger side mirror.

"Where's this place?" Billy asked dully, glancing over at the driver.

"About a mile north, huge fuckin' mansion, only fuckin' mansion on the hill actually..." The driver chuckled.

"You think it's gonna be easy?" Billy asked.

"Fuck no... I'm just prayin' this prick don't have more security than we do a crew."

"And if he does?"

"Did you remember to kiss your loved ones before you left? Cause if ya didn't... you're gonna wish you did if shit goes bad tonight." The driver replied.

Billy clicked his jaw to the side and nodded slowly before turning his attention back to the mirror, staring at Jamie.

Jamie nodded at Billy before speeding up to pass the van. He pulled out his cellphone from his pocket and began to dial a number. Jamie sniffed hard, wishing he had snorted a few more lines before doing this job.

"Hey," Jamie said into his phone.

"Where ya at?" Bodie asked on the other end.

Jamie glanced in his rearview mirror, watching as the van's headlights came into view. Jamie glanced around the area and immediately read off the name of the nearest gas station and what highway they were on.

"Don't move the fuckin' body, get out of there immediately." Bodie instructed.

"I'll call you back once I have Billy," was the last thing Jamie said before hanging up on Bodie and slamming on his breaks in front of the van Billy was in.

"What the fuck?!" The driver exclaimed, slamming on his breaks.

"What in the God damn-" the driver grunted, watching as Jamie got out of the truck and made his way over to the drivers side window.

"Hope you kissed your loved ones," Billy stated as Jamie fired a shot through the window, killing the driver.

"Looks like we found the 'rat',"Jamie chuckled at the dead man in the driver's seat.

"Give me your keys," Billy demanded.

"I ain't drivin' with this fuckin' bleeding prick!" Jamie exclaimed.

"Ya, ya fuckin' are," Billy hissed, yanking the truck keys out of Jamie's hands, "Follow me North. We will ditch the van and the body near the house, ya know, so it looks good. You're then gonna take the truck and get the fuck outta sight. You call Bodie now, tell him to get that fuckin' sister of his here."

"The crew is already scopin' out the area. If we're lucky, security has noticed and it's already a fuckin' bloodbath over there. Worst case scenario, I go in, kill the fuckin' prick Rafael wants dead, then Wallace and her fuckin' pigs come in and shut the shit down."

Jamie nodded, "You take care, Brother."

"Oh yeah, and one more thing..."

"What?" Jamie answered, giving his leader his full attention.

"Ya gotta shoot me,"

"What?!"

"In the fuckin' arm, make it look like I got hit too when this fucker got shot," Billy explained, nodding at the driver bleeding out in the driverseat of the van.

"You gotta be fuckin' kiddin' me..." Jamie sighed, "How the fuck you gonna get in there while you're shot?!"

Billy smirked before climbing into the truck, "Ain't my first fuckin' rodeo."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is it?" Julia whispered to me as we stood in line to get checked by security to get into the concert.

Gulping as the security guard felt me up, just missing the gun in my waistband by a cunt hair, I nodded. The security guard waved me through and I waited for Julia to get patted down.

"She ain't with Rafael's brother..." I whispered, jaw dropping as I saw her on stage dancing next to an ex member of B-street.

Memories of the night where Christy and I were both beat to a pulp by Charlie's boys from B-street flooded my mind. I vaguely remember this man at the club smirking at Christy and I when Matt announced who we were. He had laughed and before leaving the booth we were all sitting at, he told Matt to "Make sure you really send Billy a message."

"Thank you Boston!" The guy shouted into the mic, making the small crowd cheer and roar.

My anger rose and without warning, I stormed up onto the stage and grabbed the nearest guitar I could find.

"Amber?!" Megan exclaimed, watching as I stormed over to the unsuspecting ex B-street member and swung the guitar at him, knocking him off of his feet.

His lead guitarist immediately tried to run at me, but I was too quick, reaching around and pulling my gun out.

"Back off!" I shouted, aiming the gun at the guitarist.

The guitarist immediately stepped back and raised his hands up in defense. Gritting my teeth, I spun around and pointed the gun at the bassist who also stepped back, and for good measure, I also aimed the gun at the helpless drummer.

A sick feeling of power came over me, stopping any sort of common sense I may have had left inside of me.

Taking a step back, I stood tall and pointed the gun at the colorful lights above us. Without so much as thinking about what I was doing, I pulled the trigger and smirked as the lights shattered and the crowd screamed, hurrying to leave the venue.

"Amber!" Julia and Megan both screamed.

Ignoring them, I put the gun back in the waistband of my jeans. I knew it would be a few short minutes before security would be able to get through the doors and past the horde of screaming, frantic people. So I had to act fast.

"What the fuck?!" The ex B-Street member groaned as I grabbed him by his collar and used all of my strength to half ass throw him into the drum set.

Maybe it wasn't as thrilling as I was hoping it was going to be, but given how petite I am, I somehow managed to use enough force to make sure I was hurting this fucker.

"Remember me?!" I exclaimed, wiping my clammy hands on my jeans and towering over the groaning man.

"W-who the fuck are you?" He winced.

"Make sure you send Billy a message." I quoted, watching as the pyro stage machines shot out flames.

The man gulped and tried to crawl backwards away from me.

"P-please!" He begged, holding his hands up above his face as I pulled out the gun again and aimed it at his stupid fucking head.

"All that time with B-street and you knew they were going to kick the fuck out of me and my friend? A pair of helpless girls, both weighing no more than 120 fucking pounds each?!" I shouted, kicking him back down whenever he'd try to sit up.

"Amber, that's enough... cmon!" Julia pleaded with me.

"I didn't know who he was!" Megan exclaimed, hiding behind Julia.

"Holy fuck!" He exclaimed as I kicked him back, noticing that he was now uncomfortably close to the pyro machines with flames shooting out of them. I took a mental note and counted how long the pause was before the flames would shoot out every time.

"You know everything that happened because of B-street, right?! How they were almost the reason my son nearly died?!" I shouted again.

"I didn't know shit! I left the gang once Charlie took over! I promise! Shit was getting too heated and Billy was wiping us out like fuckin' flies!" The man shouted back. "I left to pursue my music!"

"So I'm supposed to let you walk away freely?" I asked, not even realizing what was coming from my own mouth.

"Charlie's dead!" he screamed, making me stop dead in my tracks.

"What?" I whispered. "When?"

"Just recently... we-we don't know what happened."

"Was it a hit?" I asked, closing my eyes and sighing.

Billy...

"I-I don't know! There's no one fuckin' left except Kori! She's the one who told me!"

Smirking, I watched as the man moved his arm and hovered it over the pyro machine. 22 seconds remaining.

"That's it?"

"She doesn't tell me anything else! She doesn't want me getting caught up in their shit since it's just her now! I'm retired!"

Pointing the gun at his head again, I smirked sadistically, "She should have tried harder."

"Cmon! I told you everything that I fucking know!" The man pleaded as I pressed my right boot over his wrist, pinning his hand down against the pyro machine.

7 seconds.

"Enjoy your retirement!" I laughed, pressing my foot down and cracking his wrist.

Megan screamed again as the pyro machine went off and the flame burnt the man's already broken hand. He screamed in agony before rolling away from the machine and sobbing to himself as he held his now burnt, broken hand/wrist.

Julia's mouth fell agape as I stormed past the two of them and jogged off the stage. They followed me out of the emergency exit door near the stage and didn't so much as say a peep as we made our way over to where Julia and I were both parked next to each other.

Julia motioned Megan to get inside of her car while I made my way over to the driver's side door of my SUV.

"Who the hell are you?!" Julia finally spoke, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Take her back to Christy's..." I instructed dully, choosing to ignore her question.

"Everyone's right..." Julia started, shaking her head at me as I started my vehicle and smiled at the familiar song that had just started to play on the radio.

'Mother's Little Helper' by The Rolling Stones. A classic. A song that always used to play at the Four Roses when I worked there.

Julia ran her fingers through her beautiful, long curly hair, "You're really turning into Billy."

Shooting her a glare, I smirked, "I guess I really am, aren't I?" 

---------------

[[A/N: Hey guys! I had to chop this chapter in half cause it was way too long...SOOO, next chapter will be posted before Friday. Then, just to warn everyone, this story is gonna take a time hop...you'll see why.

Also, chapter title was inspired by CCR's "Penthouse Pauper" it just fits Amber's part of this chapter...]]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 44K 89
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
966K 38.3K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
262K 8.8K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
1.6M 54.1K 68
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...