Go Beyond! BNHA x Reader Vari...

By Rika_Akane

Yet another fanfic for the ever famous My Hero Academia bois! Giving you some fluff for the heart, angst, and... More

A Little Reminder
Amajiki Tamaki: Love at First Sight?
Bakugou Katsuki: Pumped up!
Bakugou Katsuki: Pumped Up! (2)
Midoriya Izuku: Off the List
Amajiki Tamaki: Kotatsu Hibernation
Bakugou Katsuki: Don't Look
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable (2)
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable (3)
Kaminari Denki: All Tricks, No Treat (Halloween Special)
Amajiki Tamaki: Confession Nerves
Kirishima Eijirou: Scribbles
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable (4)
Midoriya Izuku: Off With his Head!
Amajiki Tamaki: Say It and I'm yours
Mustard: Got your Back (secretly)
Dabi + Shigaraki Tomura: Lifeless
Bakugou Katsuki: Rain Fiasco
Kaminari Denki: Sparks (New Year Special)
Todoroki Shouto: Untouchable (5)
Bakugou Katsuki: And Yet. . .
Kaminari Denki: Please Shut your Mouth
Midoriya Izuku: Leap of Faith
Kirishima Eijirou: Jokes Aside
Bakugou Katsuki: Lost
Bakugou Katsuki: Lost (2)
Bakugou Katsuki: Lost (3)
Amajiki Tamaki: The Red String
Togata Mirio: Always Here
Amajiki Tamaki: A Lover and a Child
Kirishima Eijirou: Nothing Ever Changes
Todoroki Shouto: Stay
Todoroki Shouto: Stay (2)
Todoroki Shouto: Stay (3)
Midoriya Izuku: That Strange Girl
Hawks: The Last Time
Midoriya Izuku: Regrets
A/N: I'm sorry I just need to get this out
Bakugou Katsuki: 24 Hours with a Brat (Christmas Special)
Kirishima Eijirou: Somehow (New Year's Special 2)
Bakugou Katsuki: Love is a Competition. . . Apparently
Iida Tenya: Rabbit Apples and Children's Books
A/N: Hewwo
Todoroki Shouto: Secret and Forbidden
Midoriya Izuku: Link
Midoriya Izuku: Link (2)
Midoriya Izuku: As Night Falls

Todoroki Shouto: At Least you Smiled

11.6K 225 122
By Rika_Akane

This one-shot is brought to you by Jelly-zero! Thanks for this idea Jelly-chi~! And please, if you have any requests, comment away! I'd love to write up your inspiring ideas~!

A Todoroki Shouto x Reader. This little strawberry boi meets a certain bundle of sunshine from the Support Department!

Additional key to remember: (F/C)—Favorite Color

><><><

BOOOOMM!!!

You were thrown off your swivel chair and out of the Supports Department Laboratory because of the explosion. You were lucky you didn't get any damage from the explosion itself, but your impact on the ground still hurt as hell.

You groaned as your back slammed hard on the floor, your body drifting off until you were stopped by the wall behind you. You coughed as you propped an elbow on the wall, supporting yourself as you tried sitting up. You ignored the pain on your back, straightening your body up. You stumbled, but you kept your arm in place on the wall. You heaved a long sigh.

"Hatsume-san. . ." you muttered, looking up from your eyelashes. The said female stepped out of the room, her figure seen through the smoke coming out.

"That was. . ." you started, narrowing your eyes at your approaching friend and classmate. "The most awesome explosion ever!"

Hatsume Mei stepped out of the smoke, waving her hands to dismiss the annoyance, one arm placed on her hip. She laughed, lifting her goggles up to her head.

"I know, right?!" she beamed. "My baby is the best!"

You chuckled, shaking your head. "It would've been the best if it hadn't exploded though."

Hatsume shrugged, turning around to see the messy room, a little bit of smoke still not cleared up from inside.

"Ah, my baby needs some improvement," she mumbled. Turning, she gave you a wave. "Well then, (L/N)-san, I must leave you for a while! I have to go find more parts and blueprints for my new baby!"

Before you could even react, she had already bolted away, leaving you still standing in front of your messed-up laboratory.

"Oi, Hatsume-san!" you called out, but the bubbly pinkette didn't hear you, as she had already gone far away. You sighed, running a hand through your messy hair. Guess I have to clean this all up before Mr. Power Loader blows up.

You stepped into the room, looking at all the mess the explosion from Hatsume's invention caused. Metal parts littered the floor, nuts, bolts and screws, and black smudges too. You were lucky Power Loader wasn't present at that time. You stripped off your white uniform shirt, which had been smudged black from oil and of course, the reason for all this mess. You were only left with a (F/C) tank top, your school blazer tied around your waist. You hung your white shirt on the back of a chair, scanning over the surroundings once again.

"Alright! Let's get cleaning!" you pumped your fists in determination, taking out a pair of cleaning gloves you kept in your bag.

For a person like you, heroism wasn't the first thing that came to your mind when you thought about going to U.A. No. What you wanted, was to invent. You were actually born quirkless, but you were a 'child prodigy', having the ability to do things a normal child wouldn't do. Your parents had noticed your talent and potential since you started to become curious about technology at the young age of 3. Later on, they also noticed how you would tinker around, using the parts you would find in your dad's garage.

Along with your dad, he helped you hone your ability, developing it until you started to create your own innovative ideas. But one time, you felt like you wanted to do something. . . different. And that's when, your interest in creating support items sprouted.

It started somewhere in your elementary years. You had a friend who had a quirk, and told you how (he/she) wanted to become a hero someday. You were in awe as (he/she) kept going about (his/her) dream. Until, you came up with an idea. Even if you were born without a quirk, it doesn't mean you couldn't do anything to help support your friend's dream, right?

And so, you surprised (him/her) one day, presenting (him/her) with an invention of your own that you created in coordination of (his/her) quirk. (He/She) was quite shocked, never really expecting that you would do something for (him/her). You helped (him/her) test it out, feeling proud of yourself as you watched (him/her) use (his/her) quirk with the help of your creation. From there, your goal had been decided. You'd become someone who, even though not a hero, can help them through the abilities you were blessed with.

Now, in your first year in your dream school, U.A, you started to focus more on that goal. You met Hatsume, who was a peculiar individual, craving for the big-shot companies to notice her so-called 'babies'. But she was fun to be with, and a very nice companion when it comes to brainstorming ideas for your inventions. You two hung out in Power Loader's lab, him becoming your mentor. Despite him being totally against the destruction of the room everytime you invented, he saw potential in the both of you, and taught you things that might help in the future.

You were bent over on the floor on your knees, wiping off the remaining black smudges on the floor with a rag. You were quick on the cleaning up, and you didn't feel tired at all. You had a big smile on your face as you wiped the sweat off your brow momentarily, before going back to your work.

><><><

Todoroki Shouto had just finished hero training class. Hearing about Midoriya getting an upgraded support item for his hero costume, he thought he'd like to request one to the Support Department as well. And so, off he went alone to the workshop.

The sun had started to set, casting warm orange sunrays through the glass windows. As he neared the place he was going to, he heard a faint tune coming out of the room. It sounded like someone was humming. A female, he presumed.

He stopped beside the door, edged open. He took a peek inside, his guess proved correct as he saw who was inside. Only, his eyes widened once he fully saw your figure. You were facing away from him, still in the same position as you wiped the floor, so your butt was literally what greeted him first. As for you, you didn't even sense the new presence from the door as you were too busy finishing up on the floor.

What is she doing? He thought, deciding to catch your attention by knocking on the door. Your humming ceased, as well as your movements as you heard the sound. Turning your head, you were surprised to see an individual, whom you recognized as the second-placer from the sports festival, Todoroki Shouto.

"A visitor?" you tilted your head to the side, looking at the silent boy staring down at you. Your eyes lit up, cheeks dusting a faint pink. You scrambled to your feet, spinning around on your heels.

"It's a visitor~!" you exclaimed in delight, lunging forward to him. Todoroki didn't have enough time to step away before you had tackled him in a hug, wrapping your arms around him while you laughed. Startled, the male had lost balance, toppling down the floor, bringing you with him.

He was fortunate not to hit his head on the fall. However, as soon as he looked down, his cheeks dusted a light pink. Your body was pressed flat against his, face nuzzled against his chest. You looked up, that same, bubbly expression on your face.

"Ah, you're Todoroki Shouto, right? The one from the sports festival!" you asked, sitting up, straddling his waist. The male was all confused.

"Yes, I am," he answered, hiding how quite uncomfortable he was with your closeness.

You giggled, standing up. You reached a hand out to him, helping him up to his feet. You didn't let go of his hand, instead shaking it enthusiastically.

"Nice to meet you! The name's (L/N) (Y/N)!" you introduced, giving him a big smile. Todoroki fidgeted uncomfortably as you let his hand go. You placed both hands on your hips.

"So, what brings you here?" you asked. Todoroki gently scratched his cheek.

"I, uh, wanted to request a support item."

Your eyes lit up the moment you heard his last two words. You leaned forward, again startling the male.

"Then it's your lucky day! Come in, and tell me all about your request!"

You welcomed him into the workshop, sliding the door shut to avoid any noise from you working disturb the outside. You slipped off your cleaning gloves, placing them to the side then snatching your usual work gloves.

Todoroki studied the interior of the place. Different kinds of contraptions decorated the room, the parts and tools organized neatly on the shelf. He guessed you would've been cleaning up before he came, what with your gloves and the state he just caught you in earlier.

"So, go on! Describe what you desire!" you said, bringing him out of his thoughts. You waited patiently as his eyes glanced down on his left hand.

"I want a support item that can regulate the fire on my left side," he explained. "I figured, if I have to regulate my right side, might as well do it with the other."

You nodded, pinching your chin with your thumb and index finger. "I see, I see."

You roamed your gaze up and down his form, thinking up for ideas that might be useful for his request. All the while, you had unknowingly admired his features—how built his body is despite his young age, his mesmerizing heterochromatic eyes, and his semingly soft, dual-toned hair—

"Alright! I've got it!" you exclaimed, tapping your fist on your other palm, cutting off your own thoughts before you got completely distracted with his surprisingly good looks held up close—oh, stop it!

"I'll work on a prototype right now, so could you wait for me?" you requested. "I'd like it if you could give your opinions, as a side note for future improvements."

Todoroki nodded, watching you as you turned away. You grabbed your black work apron from a rack, slipping it on then walking around the room in search of some blueprints you kept. Hatsume would've instead searched for her many blueprint collections here, but you knew she'd prefer to brainstorm a new one. That was why she left in a hurry earlier.

"Sorry you had to bear with me today," you said, scanning over some scrolls of blueprints you kept organized in a bin. "Hatsume-san should've been the one here, but she just had to run away to think up plans for her next 'baby'."

Todoroki was confused with your last word. "Baby?"

You chuckled. "You don't have to be confused. It's just what she likes to call her inventions!" you explained, taking a blueprint you had chosen from your pile.

You placed the blueprint on the work table, straightening it out on the surface.

"But! Don't worry, you won't regret having to count on me on your support item request!" you pointed your thumb at yourself, giving him a wide grin.

Todoroki looked down at your laid out plan. "Then, I'll leave it to you," he said, scanning over the illustration of the contraption. "Have you thought of this before?"

You hummed, looking up at him. "Yeah. I was thinking of making this kind of regulator for element-type quirks, where you so happened to have. This'll be great!"

You began to roam around the room, looking for the parts you could use for your plan. Todoroki watched you silently hum to yourself, studying your glowing features. She's like a. . . big ball of sunshine. His eyes trailed up to your hair, bouncing softly with every step you took, down to your eyes, lit up with excitement. He was reminded a bit of Uraraka, his classmate, but you were much different from her.

You picked up all the materials you needed for your project, setting them down on the worktable. Todoroki kept watching as you focused on working on your creation. Silence wrapped around the two of you, soon making you feel a bit awkward. You could feel his stoic gaze, as if boring into your soul, reading what you had in mind. You couldn't help but fidget uncomfortably, softly clearing your throat.

"Y-You know, I watched you from the sports festival. I wasn't able to join with Hatsume-san since I caught a cold that day," you shared, embarassed that you accidentally stuttered. "I guess, since you looked hesitant to use your fire side from before, you decided to work on improving it now, right?"

Todoroki looked down at you. You didn't bother looking back at him out of fear of seeing his reaction.

". . . Something like that," he answered. You internally sighed in relief. At least he didn't answer rudely.

You both fell into silence again. This time, it was even more awkward. You swallowed thickly. I have to say something!

You laughed nervously, tightening the screws on your contraption. "Man, I'm glad you didn't have to see what just happened earlier! Hatsume-san just finished making her new 'baby', and guess what? Right after we tested it out, it suddenly exploded! It literally blew me out of this place!"

Your laughter rang throughout the room, sending a strange tug in Todoroki's heartstrings. He saw how you looked so joyful, even after experiencing something so. . . disastrous. Your laughter slowly faded, eyes softening.

"It was fun being with her, just like how fun it is to create support items for aspiring heroes and maybe, even the pros." your smile remained on your lips. "As someone who's quirkless as me, it's like, my own way of being useful to those who need help."

His eyes widened. He never expected you to be quirkless. But, as he observed how your hands moved on building, how your eyes were focused solely on the item you were aiming to finish, he saw how all of it was so natural. He could tell that it wasn't because of a quirk, that you could create, but because of the talent bestowed upon you.

"I see," he spoke, his eyes never leaving your soft, bright features. The smile on your face strangely made his heart melt, your laughter echoing in his mind. He'd surely like it if he would be able to hear that again.

"You must have a blast then," he stated in his monotonous tone. He noticed how you suddenly stopped with your tinkering. You slowly turned your head around, staring at him with your mouth slightly agape.

Did I say something wrong? Was what he thought. But once he heard you laughter for the second time, it brought him that strange feeling again. You clutched your stomach, wiping a stray tear of joy from the corner of your eye.

"W-Wow, Todoroki-san!" you gasped in between laughs. "I didn't know you were such a. . . pun-ny person!"

Todoroki raised an eyebrow, tilting his head to the side in confusion. What does she mean by that? You ceased your joyous moment, taking a deep breath to completely calm down. You looked at him with the biggest grin, a light blush painting his cheeks.

In that time, the two of you became comfortable with each other, conversing normally, telling jokes from time to time. The awkward atmosphere around you has completely vanished. Todoroki himself, couldn't believe that he could get along well this fast with a girl he just met.

><><><

Later on, Hatsume came back from her tasks, carrying new scrolls of blueprints and a bin full of parts. Unfortunately, you didn't have enough time to finish your prototype for Todoroki's request, but still promised him that you would get it done ASAP. He assured you to take your time, understanding that, as a student like him, you might be busy as well.

You walked him out of the workshop, somehow feeling a bit down now that he was leaving. You rubbed the back of your neck, thinking of something you could say to him before he could go.

"Hey, uh, Todoroki-san?" you called, the said male turning to you just as he began to walk away. You averted your gaze, suddenly feeling bashful about what you were going to tell him next, pink dusting your cheeks.

"Y-You know, for a person who looks like he doesn't get along well with people," you started, placing your hands behind your back, giving him a sweet smile. "You're not that bad after all. I like you!"

Of course, you meant that as a 'friendly' type of like (sort of). Still, it was enough to make his heart skip a beat, the image of the smile you just showed him he remembered repeatedly in his mind.

"Yeah. Me too," he said, walking away, but not before flashing you a small smile. There, you wished, if your mind had a camera, you would've taken a photo of that one smile to cherish forever.

But, well, at least he smiled. . .

><><><

I'm a bad joker. Shoot me if you like.

Hehehe I hope I've done what you requested Jelly-chi~!

I forgot to include the dedication on the last chapter so, please forgive meh!

I'm thinking of making a Zack x Reader story. You know, from that anime Angels of Death. It also has a manga and a game. I am in love with Zack. I just have this thing for psychos like him. They kinda trigger me of my secret sadistic side hehez

I really like to play that game if it weren't requiring for payment and a Steam account *sighs*

Anywhoo, requests are still open, so dear readers, comment away~!

Vote! Comment! Shaaare!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 4.9K 31
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
73.7K 1.4K 27
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
605K 7.8K 42
You're rafe Cameron's girlfriend. He's controlling, manipulative, and insanely jealous over you. (13/01/24) #1-Rafecameron (12/03/24) #1-Outerbanks ...
92.6K 2.9K 25
a paige bueckers story.