Bad Company

By SpriceThePrice

Amber never expected to finally build the courage to leave her abusive boyfriend and start new in Boston with... More

Chapter 1: (Intro)
Chapter 2: New Beginning
Chapter 3: The Four Roses
Chapter 4: Not Easily Intimidated
Chapter 5: Rides From Strangers
Chapter 6: Nice Try
Chapter 7: Jealousy
Chapter 8: Giving In
Chapter 9: Unexpected
Chapter 10: Protect What's Yours
Chapter 11: Different Kind of Hero
Chapter 12: New Leaf
Chapter 13: Mama, I'm in love with a criminal
Chapter 14: Funny Little Feeling
Chapter 15: Death of Me
Chapter 16: Celebrating
Chapter 17: Wake Up Call
Chapter 18: Gunslinger
Chapter 19: Blue Monday
Chapter 20: Playing With Fire
Chapter 21: Darley's Girl
Chapter 22: Overprotective
Chapter 23: The Rain
Chapter 24: Sick of Being Sick
Chapter 25: Happy Birthday
Chapter 26: Birthday He Will Never Forget
Chapter 27: Changed
Chapter 28: Bad Company
Chapter 29: Ten Weeks
Chapter 30: Babies 'R' Us
Chapter 31: Date Night
Chapter 32: The Worst Part of You, ...Is Me.
Chapter 33: Change of Plans
Chapter 34: It's Me
Chapter 35: Claimed
Chapter 36: Adoption
Chapter 37: Through Thick, Through Thin
Chapter 38: Ultrasounds and Guns
Chapter 39: House of The Rising Sun
Chapter 40: Becoming You
Chapter 41: New Leadership
Chapter 42: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: Sometimes on a Sunday
Chapter 45: Death Sentence
Chapter 46: Face to Face
Chapter 47: Sentenced
Chapter 48: Finish The Job
Chapter 49: Shaun Darley
Chapter 50: All Along The Watchtower
Chapter 51: Reunions
Chapter 52: Cemetery Gates
Chapter 53: Animal
Chapter 54: Each to Their Own
Chapter 55: The Sound of Silence
Chapter 56: Welcome Home
Chapter 57: Forgivness
Chapter 58: The Queen
Chapter 59: New Friends, Old Problems
Chapter 60: Gimme Shelter
Chapter 61: Losing My Religion
Chapter 62: Darkness
Chapter 63: The Beach
Chapter 64: Two Birds, One Stone
Chapter 65: Come Undone
Chapter 67: Grow Up, Little Girl
Chapter 68: Family
Chapter 69: Ayo For Yayo
Chapter 70: Ownership
Chapter 71: Blood For Blood
Chapter 72: For Better or For Worse
Chapter 73: Penthouse Pauper
Chapter 74: Beast of Burden
Chapter 75 - Cumberland Gap

Chapter 66: Bad Penny

64 2 0
By SpriceThePrice

When I awoke, Billy was just about to leave. Shaun was awake, and naturally I changed, fed, and then bathed him before I started my day. I spent most of the morning cleaning and chugging back Redbull energy drinks in order to keep myself awake. Luckily for me, Shaun was in a good mood and peacefully watching his baby einstein videos, so I was able to get a lot of the cleaning done. It also helped that both Megan and Jack stuck around to hang out with Shaun and take care of him so that I was able to get stuff done for tonight's dinner party and wedding announcement.

Billy was in and out of the house all morning, causing me to become aggravated. I knew better than to start with him or question him about what the fuck was going on. Instead, I kept my mouth shut and took my frustrations out on the scrub brush that I used to scrub the floors until they fucking sparkled. I don't know how some people are able to sit still when they're pissed off, stressed, or sad. Cleaning has to be one of the best ways to help with all of that. Then again, so is screaming your head off and throwing some right hooks until you feel better.

My cleaning rampage came to an end around noon when Billy left for the millionth time - taking Jack with him this time, and Christy showed up with groceries. The sides of her head were freshly buzzed and her bangs were backcombed and pinned back while her extensions and the rest of her hair were pulled back in a tight ponytail. I knew she hadn't been to sleep yet, and if she had, she definitely had just woke up not too long ago. I knew this because of how she was dressed, wearing sweats, a hoodie, and silver aviator sunglasses. That was code for "Don't fuck with me, I'm hungover - but not hungover enough to leave the house without my precious hair being done - hungover".

"Sup cunts?" Christy laughed cynically, dropping the bags of groceries down onto the kitchen table.

"You partied all night and you're here at noon... with groceries?!" Megan gasped, causing Christy to roll her eyes.

"I was up at ten, ready by eleven and done grocery shopping before noon, for your information," Christy drawled.

Megan smirked, "New boo kicked you out early huh?"

"No," Christy growled, "He came with me AND dropped me off here."

"New boo?" I questioned, coming into the kitchen, spraying fabreeze into the air.

Christy waved her hand in front of her face, "Jesus, Mrs. Clean, lay off with that shit."

"It smells good," I shrugged, "Now who's the new boo?"

"You go through more men than I go through tampons..." Megan muttered, leaving the kitchen to go see why Shaun was fussing.

"Sorry, I'm still HURTING" Christy called out, emphasizing the 'hurting'.

"Well?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her suspiciously.

"He's just a dude," Christy replied shortly, biting the inside of her cheek to prevent herself from cracking a sly smirk.

"Who is it now?"

"You don't know him,"

"Really?"

"Mhm."

"Well?"

"I met him at work,"

I put the fabreeze down on the table and frowned, "Oh God Christy... You met him at The Four Roses?"

"Don't you be judging me, your ass met Billy there!" She giggled.

I frowned again, "Yeah but you were already dating his brother!"

"She dates everyone's brother," Megan called out from the livingroom.

"I'm grieving over Joe! Suck my tits!" Christy shouted back.

"So who is he?"

"His name is Hank," Christy breathed.

"Greatttttttttt...he's some old trucker drunk from the bar! Great catch!" Megan sighed.

"When am I gonna get to meet Hank?" I asked, trying to be a supportive best friend.

"Whenever you want, tonight when he picks me up," Christy replied, scratching the back of her neck.

"He can come for dinner, Chris" I suggested, pursing my lips.

Christy clicked her jaw to the side and nodded slowly, "Nah... I.. uh, don't wanna set Billy off."

"Set Billy off?" I cocked a brow, "How?"

"Just cause of Joe... ya know? It's too soon still... Billy doesn't even know about Heco." Christy replied dully.

"True..." I sighed in defeat, knowing how frustrating Billy can be when the topic of his little brother is brought up.

"Besides, we got bigger issues to deal with..." Christy mumbled, and I sighed.

"Julia..." We both said at the same time.

"Is she really that bad?" Megan asked as she brushed by me to get Shaun a bottle.

"I can do that Meg-"

"Nah it's fine, you're busy,"

"Thanks... and no, she's not... she's just-"

"A stick in the mud who isn't about this life." Christy finished my sentence for me.

I turned my head to look over at Meg, "She's... outspoken..."

"That's one word for it..." Christy mumbled, putting the groceries away.

"She knows to play it cool," I assured her, "Especially around Billy. She's not dumb, she did her research,"

"Of course she did," Christy shook her head, "Wouldn't be like her not to go snooping the fuck around."

"She will keep her opinions to herself," I huffed, "At least until Billy isn't around."

"Well... that's a relief," Christy said dully.

"Yeah... except, I'm not sure how she's gonna react to what I have to tell everyone..." I winced, watching as both Megan and Christy slowly turned their attention onto me.

"Tell us what?" Megan asked, beating Christy to the punch.

"Billy wants to get hitched..." I admitted.

"We know..."

"No," I laughed nervously, "I mean... soon... as in... this weekend soon."

"What?!" They both exclaimed, "Why so soon?"

I shrugged, "Beats me."

"A part of me figures that it's because he can sense how I'm acting around him..."

"And he thinks this will keep you from running off?" Christy laughed in disbelief.

"No... yes? Maybe? I don't know!" I admitted in defeat.

"This is kinda exciting though!" Megan smiled, trying to be the positive one here.

I sighed dramatically, running my fingers through my hair, "Let's just... let's just get through dinner and then I'll tell Julia..."

"Tell Julia what?" Another voice questioned.

My eyes shot over towards the door where Julia had just came in from and was putting her car keys inside of her purse. Christy glanced over at me and closed her eyes, knowing that this was about to turn into a fucking shit show.

"Oh... hey!" I laughed nervously.

Julia narrowed her eyes at me, "Tell me what?"

"I'm out here working like proud mary and you bitches are keeping secrets? What's up now?" Julia demanded an answer.

"I'm...."

"You're?..."

"I'm uh, getting married this weekend." I admitted.

Julia's facial expression instantly fell into a look of disappointment. If she was frowning any harder, her face would have permanent lines. Julia pursed her lips and glanced over at Christy, looking her up and down before turning her attention over to me. I could just see how badly she wanted to flip out on me, but, surprisingly she was keeping her promise and keeping her cool.

"You sure this is what chu want?" Julia simply asked, placing a hand on her hip.

Licking my lips and shifting my eyes away, I eventually threw my hands up a little and nodded, "Yeah... yeah it is."

"If you're having second thoughts and you're not even married yet-"

"It's her fuckin' life, alright?" Christy groaned in annoyance.

"I know it's her fuckin' life, but she's also got Shaun's life to think about," Julia snapped back at Christy.

"Jesus, you're giving me a fuckin' headache and you haven't even been here for ten minutes..." Christy barked, rolling her eyes.

Julia shot a glare at Christy, ignoring her comment, "You know somethin'..." she started, pausing to turn her attention away from Christy and onto me, "You guys have been my best fuckin' friends for years... and regardless of the STUPID shit you two get yourselves into, I'm still here... and I always will be. Supportin' and lecturing your dumb mother fuckin' asses."

"Ah fuck here we go..." Christy exhaled a shaky sigh, going to the fridge to get something to drink.

Julia held up a slender finger with the nail painted a ruby shade of red, "That being said,"

"That being said..." Christy mocked Julia in a whiney tone.

"-I'll always have your backs, regardless of what you guys do in life." Julia added and just as I was about to open my mouth to say anything, she started to speak again, "However... if either of you idiots land yourselves in jail again... I ain't playin' when I say that I'll beat the fuck out of you both."

I let out a faint laugh, "Deal."

"I wish a bitch would," Christy challenged, almost jokingly... but I wouldn't put it past her if she was being serious.

"So we cool?" I asked as I made my way over to Shaun's swing to see him looking up at me with his bright blue eyes.

A small smile spread across his face as we both made eye contact. He was making cooing noises and flailing his little arms around excitedly. My heart instantly became warm as I knelt down and unbuckled him from his swing and scooped him into my arms. He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck and I closed my eyes for a brief moment, indulging in the moment.

"Of course we are," Julia answered as she made her way over to me, gently nudging me on the shoulder wanting me to hand her Shaun, "Hi munchkin!" Julia exclaimed once Shaun was in her arms.

"Who're you?" Julia asked, nodding over at Megan who was standing there awkwardly.

"Megan," Megan replied, holding her hand out.

Julia stared down at her hand for a moment before adjusting Shaun in one of her arms so that she could shake Megan's hand, "Julia."

"Heard a lot about you, nice to finally meet you," Megan breathed awkwardly.

Julia nodded, "I can only imagine."

Megan clicked her jaw to the side and raised her eyebrows slightly, "Yup."

"Fuck!" Christy hollered from the kitchen, taking the awkwardness off of Megan.

"What?" I asked dully.

"I forgot to grab steaks!"

"Fuck, really?" Megan called out, "How did you manage to fuck that up?"

"Oh shut up, can one of you go get the steaks? We need like fuckin' 20 of them."

"20?!" Julia gasped, "How many fuckin people are coming?"

"Well... let's see," I started, slightly giggling along with Meg, "Me, you, Meg, Christy, BIlly, Spink, Jamie, Bodie, Jack, and... well, Shaun, but he doesn't eat steak obviously... and Chop. Can't forget my pooch, he likes steak."

"So one of us has to go out to a busy grocery store and get ten steaks?" Julia questioned, annoyance dripping from her tone.

"Not me, I was already there. I'm gonna start peeling potatoes," Christy stated.

"And I'm gonna stay here and watch Shaun, looks like you two are goin," Julia nodded toward Megan and I.

I shrugged and looked at Meg, "I don't mind, you down to come along for the ride?"

Megan nodded, "Yeah let's go."

With that, Megan and I said our goodbyes and gathered our purses before making our way out to my vehicle and both lighting up cigarettes since Shaun wasn't in the vehicle.

"Good thing for fabreeze," Megan said as she exhaled a cloud of smoke out the window.

"No kidding..." I mumbled before sucking back a drag off of my own cigarette.

"So that's the infamous miss Julia, huh?" Megan asked with a smirk.

I nodded slightly as I flicked my ashes from my cigarette out the window, "Yup, real charmer as you can tell."

"Oh fuck yeah, she's a gem. Looks like she could kick the fuck out of seven men if she wanted to," Megan giggled.

I smirked, "Believe me, she probably could."

"She's gorgeous though... holy shit." Megan exclaimed, shaking her head slightly, "and that hair!"

"She's mixed, you should see her parents. You think Julia is gorgeous? Her mother and father are knock outs, even at their age." I told her.

"I bet, I mean look at her. You'd think from afar that she was just some sweet and innocent model or some shit," Megan replied with a faint laugh.

"My favourite kind of girls," I huffed, "The ones who look innocent but will fuck you up without hesitation."

"Like you?" Megan questioned, cocking an eyebrow.

I laughed, "Pretty? Me? Sure. Tough? Nah..."

"I've seen you whoop some bitches a few times, you got your shit handled," Megan complimented, "And you're more than pretty, c'mon."

"Well, thank you. But I definitely could be tougher... especially with the shit we all deal with on a daily basis," I sighed.

"I feel you..." Megan muttered, looking away, "Jack's become the new Joey in Billy's life... he's changed, Amber."

"Jack?" I asked, already knowing the answer. Megan nodded, "I'll agree... Billy definitely has taken Jack under his wing."

"They look alike..." Megan said softly.

I winced and tilted my head to the side, "Yeah, I see the resemblance, kind of."

"Jack's adopted, Amber."

"I know?"

"...Does Billy's mom have other kids?"

"She's dead... but, I don't think so? I don't know. Billy doesn't really remember much of her, she was gone most of his life."

"Exactly..."

"That's kind of a far fetched thought, don'tcha think?" I asked.

Megan shrugged, "Nothing surprises me anymore,"

"Well, there's always DNA tests... but Billy definitely won't be down for that. If anything, he'd just get pissed off if I brought up his mom and her second life," I replied.

"I'm serious though," Megan started, pausing to take one last drag off her smoke before throwing it out the window, "he's become the new Joey... Billy seems to be protective of him. Jack notices that, hell, we all do. It's changed him, he's... well, he's different. Not so timid and shy,"

"He won't end up like Joe, Meg." I said flatly, "Believe me... everything will be fine."

"You sure?" Megan questioned, "Are YOU even okay?"

"I will be." I answered shortly, pretending to focus on my turn into the grocery store parking lot.

Megan stayed quiet as I found a parking spot. I gathered up my purse and wallet and slowly exited the vehicle, locking it out of habit even though we were in the nicer part of Boston. Megan went and grabbed a cart and waited for me by the store's entrance.

"Ready?" Megan asked dully.

I nodded, "Yeah?"

"You seem off now," Megan stated.

I laughed, "Hey, I'll be fine. It's grocery shopping, let's go."

"You know what I mean..." Megan grumbled.

I shot her a warning look, "And you know what I mean. I'll be fine."

---------------------------------------------

Billy's day was both busy and stressful, but luckily for him, Jack was there to help him get all the shit he needed done before he 'leaves'. Billy had finally informed Jack what was going on and what his expectations that he had for Jack were going to be. Eventually, Billy finally told Bodie and the others what was going to happen and that his days of freedom were slowly coming to an end.

Of course, Bodie flipped his fucking lid. Four years? A deal? Billy ratted? To Bodie's detective sister that he doesn't get along with?

After a huge discussion and Billy losing his temper and a physical fight breaking out between himself and Bodie, things were laid out and ready to go. Of course Bodie wasn't fucking happy, and neither was Billy... but this was his only option that he had to keep his family safe.

"We got the license ready to go, y'all just need to get a witness - me - and a priest, but I found one who'll marry y'all on saturday at 1, that good witchu, dawg?" Bodie announced, making his way across the shop and over to Billy's desk.

Billy nodded, "Yeah."

"This some fucked up shit, man..." Bodie sighed, shaking his head.

"Seein' Billy Darley get tied down?" Spink asked, trying to crack a joke.

"Nah fool, seein my boy go to jail over some shit like this!" Bodie exclaimed.

"I gotta do what I gotta do," Billy said coolly.

"And what the fuck are we supposed to do if this spic mother fucker finds out you's the one who sold him out? What if he comes for blood, dog? Ain't nobody gonna be here to do shit!" Bodie exclaimed.

"He won't," Billy said flatly, "That's why I'm goin' away."

"We had Bones here to keep shit in line last time you went away, man" Jamie finally joined in, "What do we do now?"

"Same shit we're doin," Billy replied. "It's legit business, honest business. Make sure the mechanics are paid, taxes are paid and shit will be good. Business hasn't been this good here since I was fuckin' ten years old,"

"True, true." Spink agreed, "It'll be nice not havin' to worry about a cop bustin' us."

"Yeah... and hell, the money we're makin' now is a lot better than what we were making sellin' drugs for Bones," Jamie also agreed.

"So we goin' straight legit now, huh?" Bodie asked.

"There a fuckin' problem with that?" Billy barked.

Bodie shook his head, "Nah man... just ain't used to it, is all."

"Well you'll get used to it," Billy said sharply.

"Does Amber know?" Jack asked, swallowing the lump in his throat.

Billy scratched the side of his neck before flicking his ashes from his cigarette down onto the cement floor, "Not yet."

"So you goin' marry her ass, then two days fuckin' later gon' get yourself put behind bars for a few fuckin' years? What if she dips? The fuck we do then?" Bodie asked.

"She won't," Billy assured them.

"Man... you got a lot of faith in that broad," Bodie snorted.

"I'll be lookin' after her," Jack piped up.

Jamie folded his arms across his chest and nodded, "Me too, I'll keep her and the kid safe."

"All of us will, Billy!" Spink exclaimed excitedly - higher than a fucking kite.

"You know I got your back, dog. You also can bet I got Amber and ya son's back too, always. But what if she pulls some shit after this and leaves? You want us to hunt her down?" Bodie questioned.

Billy shook his head, "She won't. She knows better."

"I'm jus sayin'...."

"Well quit just fuckin' sayin'," Billy hissed in annoyance.

"The car, this shop - this business, ya fuckin' house! Everything is in her name once you go away, dog." Bodie reminded him.

Billy exhaled an agitated breath, "And Jacks,"

"Jacks? You fuckin' kiddin me man?!" Bodie exclaimed, clearly insulted.

Billy shoved his chair back, gliding across the cement over to the garbage bin, picking it up and throwing it towards Bodie's direction. Two empty bags of cocaine along with what appeared to be a burnt spoon flew out all over the ground, "Yeah, because you can't fuckin' stay clean for longer than a week at a time!"

"Aye.. that's cold bro, ice fuckin' cold!" Bodie hissed.

"Well," Billy started, rolling his hand in a circular motion, "At least now ya know if she pulls anything, that your money comin' in to buy ya fuckin' drugs won't get cut off,"

"Aight... aight... Just damn dude... this is really the only way?" Bodie questioned, lowering his tone.

Billy nodded slowly, sitting back down on the chair, "The only way."

"Don't worry Billy, we got this shit..." Jamie reassured him, giving him a stern pat on the shoulder, "I'ma take off with Spink, we'll see ya at your place for dinner later."

"Awe shit, I forgot about that. I'ma head out too, get some drinks in me before headin' over, what she cookin?" Bodie asked, placing his hand on his stomach.

"Fucked if I know," Billy replied shortly with a shrug.

"Aight man, see ya at dinner," Bodie said with a wave before following Jamie and Spink out of the shop.

Billy rested his elbow on the armrest of the chair, holding his head in his hand. Jack made his way over to the mess, kicking it into a small pile so that someone could sweep it up later and put it back into the trash.

"You alright, man?" Jack asked, breaking the silence.

Billy lifted his head and nodded slightly, "I'm cool."

"I appreciate all this shit man," Jack started.

"Don't worry about it," Billy said a muffled tone as he lit another cigarette up.

"When you break what's going on to Amber?" Jack asked, pulling out his own pack of cigarettes from his back pocket.

Billy exhaled a cloud of smoke before answering Jack's question, "Dunno."

Jack, unlike the others, knew better than to test Billy's patience by prying at him with a bunch of fucking questions that Billy himself didn't even know the answers to. So instead, Jack just nodded and lit his cigarette.

"Can't wait for food man," Jack laughed, trying to strike up conversation.

"Yeah, what are we havin' Billy?" Rafael called out, suddenly appearing.

Billy closed his eyes for a second to exhale both smoke and a sigh of aggravation, "Whatcha need Rafael?"

"Just came to see my favourite Darley," Rafael replied with a sly grin, "Shaved your head again, eh? Should try an undercut like me, next time. Hm.. nah, this look ya got makes ya look tough. Keep it."

"What the fuck do you want?" Billy asked, getting straight to the point.

"Aw, c'mon man. We're friends now, right? Is it so hard to believe that I'd be checkin' up on you? Especially when you don't fuckin' answer my texts?" Rafael quipped.

"Been busy," Billy lied.

"Yeah? make sure you ain't busy on monday." Rafael said boldly, emphasizing on the word 'Monday'. "I drove by your house, shin dig going on?"

"Dinner," Billy corrected.

Rafael pursed his lips and nodded slowly, "Well alright, what better time than to introduce me to your old lady,"

Billy's anger began to rise, but he knew he had to play it cool, "I take it you'll be joining us."

"That an observation or an invitation?"

Billy lifted his brows, "Both."

"Sure, why the fuck not?" Rafael chuckled slyly, making Billy want to punch him out.

Jack narrowed his eyes at Rafael, "Then be there at six."

Rafael turned his attention over to Jack, "You. Why don't I know you?"

Jack shrugged, "Jack."

Rafael held out his hand, "I'm Rafael."

Jack reluctantly shook his hand and nodded, "Pleasure."

"Pleasure's all mine, you brothers or what?"

Billy shook his head, "Nah."

Rafael cocked an eyebrow and did a double take, "You fuckin' with me?"

Both Billy and Jack shook their heads.

"I'm adopted," Jack mumbled.

"Well someone's momma got around cause god damn," Rafael chuckled, "Anyway. I'll catch ya both at six, nice meeting you James."

"Jack," Jack corrected.

Rafael smirked at Jack before turning and heading for the exit, "Monday, Billy!"

------------------------------------

"Well, we did it. We managed to get all the steaks and then some. Now we just need to get some liquor and we're golden," Megan said proudly.

I smiled, "Look at us go."

"Want me to help put the groceries in?" Megan asked.

I shook my head, "Nah, if you wanna whip over across the street to the liquor store and get some beer and a couple bottles of whiskey, that'd be great."

Megan nodded, "Sure, no problem. Be back in a few!"

"Get me some smokes!" I called out after her, causing her to spin around and raise her eyebrows at me in expectancy, "Pleaaaaaaaase," I added.

"That's better!" Megan called back at me.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled to myself as I opened the back of the suv and started to unload groceries. I got two bags of groceries into the back and was about to put the third bag in when the bottom of the bag tore apart and some of my groceries fell to the ground.

"Fuck sakes!" I hissed, kneeling down and gathering up the packaged food that had fell. I went to reach for one of the apples that had rolled away a little bit, and paused as my eyes landed on a pair of black high heel boots.

My eyes lingered up at Kori, who was standing before me, staring down at me.

"Kori, right?" I asked, slowly standing back up and putting the unbagged groceries into the two other bags that were already in the back of my SUV.

She pressed her tongue against her cheek and looked over the groceries I had purchased, "Don't tell me I have to teach you how to shop for proper steak too?"

I rolled my eyes, "Nope."

"How's it feel to be a free woman?" She asked snidely.

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear before proceeding to put more groceries into the back, "Feels good. Thanks... for your help that night, by the way."

"Don't mention it," She replied, handing me another bag of groceries, "You know, I almost felt bad that you ended up getting stuck there. Then I realized that jail would probably be good for you, ya know, toughen you up a bit."

"Excuse me?" I asked, stopping and staring at her.

"Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. So listen."

"Well, that's great but I'm in a rush," I cut her off.

"This shit will change you, Amber." She told me, "It isn't no fucking walk in the park, let me tell you that. Petty shit like Billy fucking that stupid whore back at the Four Roses? Let it slide. What they do when we aren't around is what they do. You're his woman, and that's all that matters."

"Not wanting him to fuck around on me whenever I'm not around isn't petty," I muttered, brushing past her to grab the last bag of groceries from the cart.

Kori raised her hands in defense, "Hey, that's fine and all. But this is just how it works."

"I'm more than aware how this shit works," I snapped, slamming the back of the SUV shut, "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go."

"If that's true then you know that running away isn't an option," Kori stated, making me stop dead in my tracks and look back at her, "Especially with his son."

"What are you getting at?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," Kori said firmly, "You better toughen the fuck up, because if you run, he will find you."

"Is that supposed to scare me?" I asked, becoming angry.

"Does it?" She challenged, folding her arms across her chest.

"You think I'm scared of Billy?" I asked, clearing my throat.

Kori chuckled faintly and smirked, "You should be."

"Are we gonna have fucking problem?" I asked, failing to hold back my temper. My hands were shaking and my blood was boiling.

Kori leaned forward and lowered her voice, "If you try to pull any shit or try to take his son away from him, it won't be Billy that you have to be afraid of."

"Are you threatening me?" I asked in a low tone, trying my hardest to keep myself from hitting her.

"That baby is the only blood that he has left. I've never seen Billy like this before, he's trying to better himself for his son. Be damned if I'm going to watch some weak bitch who played with fire and suddenly can't handle it, take his son away from him."

"I can handle this," I assured her in a low tone, anger seething from every word.

"Good," She replied, pursing her lips and nodding slowly, "but you remember what I said."

"I don't take threats from some poorly bleached blonde cunt like you," I hissed.

Kori smirked, "It's not a threat... it's a promise. Try me and I'll wipe that pretty face of yours off the fucking earth,"

Before she could say anything else, I stormed off over to the driver's side door and climbed in, slamming the door shut behind me. Megan was making her way over here from across the street, carrying a 24 pack of beer in one hand and a large brown bag full of liquor in the other.

"Oh and Amber? One more thing," Kori said as she swung open my door.

"Leave me the fuck alone!" I shouted, ripping my seatbelt off to get out and knock this bitch out. But before I could do anything, she acted fast and shoved me back against my seat.

"If you ever fuck Charlie - my husband - again, I'll break both of your fucking knees," She threatened firmly before pulling away from me and placing her hand on the car door handle, "Nice talking to you."

My chest heaved in and out as I slowly tried to calm myself down. Kori disappeared amongst the cars and people in the busy parking lot. I had half a mind to get out and find her and try and fight this bitch, but I knew deep down that this girl meant business and I wasn't about to do anything or say anything.

"Amber?! What the fuck?! Who was that?" Megan exclaimed, gasping for air as she tried to catch her breath from the full on sprint she had just made getting over here.

I nodded slowly as she got in, "Just a friend."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

467K 29.6K 93
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
217K 5.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
260K 8.8K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
1M 17.6K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...