Bad Company

By SpriceThePrice

Amber never expected to finally build the courage to leave her abusive boyfriend and start new in Boston with... More

Chapter 1: (Intro)
Chapter 2: New Beginning
Chapter 3: The Four Roses
Chapter 4: Not Easily Intimidated
Chapter 5: Rides From Strangers
Chapter 6: Nice Try
Chapter 7: Jealousy
Chapter 8: Giving In
Chapter 9: Unexpected
Chapter 10: Protect What's Yours
Chapter 11: Different Kind of Hero
Chapter 12: New Leaf
Chapter 13: Mama, I'm in love with a criminal
Chapter 14: Funny Little Feeling
Chapter 15: Death of Me
Chapter 16: Celebrating
Chapter 17: Wake Up Call
Chapter 18: Gunslinger
Chapter 19: Blue Monday
Chapter 20: Playing With Fire
Chapter 21: Darley's Girl
Chapter 22: Overprotective
Chapter 23: The Rain
Chapter 24: Sick of Being Sick
Chapter 25: Happy Birthday
Chapter 26: Birthday He Will Never Forget
Chapter 27: Changed
Chapter 28: Bad Company
Chapter 29: Ten Weeks
Chapter 30: Babies 'R' Us
Chapter 31: Date Night
Chapter 32: The Worst Part of You, ...Is Me.
Chapter 33: Change of Plans
Chapter 34: It's Me
Chapter 35: Claimed
Chapter 36: Adoption
Chapter 37: Through Thick, Through Thin
Chapter 38: Ultrasounds and Guns
Chapter 39: House of The Rising Sun
Chapter 40: Becoming You
Chapter 41: New Leadership
Chapter 42: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: Sometimes on a Sunday
Chapter 45: Death Sentence
Chapter 46: Face to Face
Chapter 47: Sentenced
Chapter 48: Finish The Job
Chapter 49: Shaun Darley
Chapter 50: All Along The Watchtower
Chapter 51: Reunions
Chapter 52: Cemetery Gates
Chapter 53: Animal
Chapter 54: Each to Their Own
Chapter 55: The Sound of Silence
Chapter 56: Welcome Home
Chapter 57: Forgivness
Chapter 58: The Queen
Chapter 60: Gimme Shelter
Chapter 61: Losing My Religion
Chapter 62: Darkness
Chapter 63: The Beach
Chapter 64: Two Birds, One Stone
Chapter 65: Come Undone
Chapter 66: Bad Penny
Chapter 67: Grow Up, Little Girl
Chapter 68: Family
Chapter 69: Ayo For Yayo
Chapter 70: Ownership
Chapter 71: Blood For Blood
Chapter 72: For Better or For Worse
Chapter 73: Penthouse Pauper
Chapter 74: Beast of Burden
Chapter 75 - Cumberland Gap

Chapter 59: New Friends, Old Problems

53 1 0
By SpriceThePrice

"You hit me and I'll sue," Jennifer blurted out backing into the sink.

"I'm not gonna hit you," I spoke, clearing my throat. Jennifer pulled her brows together in confusion and I took a step forward, closing in on her, "I'm going to give you a piece of advice,"

Jennifer smirked, "Really? Cute. I have some advice for you too, Amber"

"Is that so?"

She nodded, "Yeah, I do. You should probably quit fighting a girl that your man fucked when you were gone. What happened Amber? I heard about it, wait, yeah, what was it again? Oh right! Poor little Amber, daddy get sick and die? Is that your problem?"

The corners of my pursed lips curled into a sly smirk, taking another step forward so that Our faces were literally only inches apart. I chuckled and leaned in even closer, "Here's my advice for you... Don't ever fuck with someone who no longer fears the consequences for their actions"

In the corner of my eye, I could see her bony hand reaching behind her for her purse. My throat became dry as I realized she was grabbing a pink switchblade from the inside of her purse.

She laughed faintly, moving her thumb over the switch on the knife, "I could say the same to y-"

Jennifer's sentence was cut short as left elbow slammed into the side of her face. I lunged forward, grabbing the wrist that was inside of her purse, holding the knife. It took all my strength to fight the knife free from her hand.

She spit in my face, giving herself the advantage to grab the knife and pop it open, slicing me on the shoulder. The blade of the knife was so sharp that it cut right through my leather jacket.

Gritting my teeth, I kneed her in the crotch as hard as I could and once she hunched herself over, I grabbed a fistful of her hair and slammed her face down on the bathroom counter where the sinks were.

My eyes widened and a gasp of horror escaped my mouth as blood splattered everywhere and Jennifer fell limply to the floor. I ran my fingers through my hair and began to pant frantically.

"Oh God! Oh fuck, fuck, fuck! I killed her!"

Before I could do anything else, the door swung open and in came a petite, white-haired, tattooed girl. She stared at me blankly before noticing Jennifer and frowning.

"Is she dead?!" She asked, finally showing some emotion.

"I-I-" I stuttered, failing to form words.

The girl quickly knelt down beside Jennifer and placed two of her fingers on Jennifer's neck and sighed in relief, "You're in luck, this whore ain't dead."

"Oh fuck..." I sighed in relief.

"That being said, we gotta get this fat bitch out of here before she wakes up. That cunt Wallis is here talking to Billy in the back," the girl added, staring at me wide-eyed.

"FUCK!" I spat, kneeling down beside her.

"Yeah, no fucking shit." She hissed, grabbing Jennifer by her underarms. "You gonna help or am I somehow gonna lift this fucking big bitch myself?"

"Big?" I asked, looking down a Jennifer. She was pretty screaming but a little bigger than the blonde and myself.

"We bring her through the bar, shit will go south, crack that window, we'll dump her out there. When she comes to, Wallis and her two officers will already be gone," she instructed.

I quickly did what I was told and cracked the bathroom window open, "Who are you?"

"Believe me, you'll know soon enough," she replied, grunting as she lifted Jennifer up. "Take her legs!"

"A name would be nice, we're about to dump a fuckin' unconscious body outside a window!"

She rolled her eyes, "Bitch, I'm doing you a fucking favor,"

I closed my eyes and took a deep agitated sigh, "Who the fuck-"

"Jesus Christ, it's Kori! Fuck, we have more important things to worry about!"

"Soon enough? What did you-"

"Grab. Her. Fucking. LEGS!" She shouted at me.

Meanwhile, Jennifer's female dealer had showed up and was arguing with Christy about where Jennifer was. My heart was pounding against my chest that It was like I could almost hear their voices outside of the bathroom clearly, overtop of the loud bar music.

"Amber's in there!" Christy shouted, "Not your coke fiend friend."

"Aren't you one to fucking talk?" The female dealer, Karla hissed. "That's my little sister, by the way."

Christy rolled her eyes as she approached the bathroom door, "I don't give a fuck if it's mother Mary, she better not be in the same bathroom as Amber if you get what I mean."

"She better not have done anything!" Karla shouted, kicking the bathroom door open and gasping, causing the blonde and I to drop Jennifer, which in turn somehow made Jennifer stir.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU CUNTS DO?!" The girl shouted.

"Christy! Door!" Kori shouted. Christy - obviously somehow knowing Kori - listened and shoved the dealer inside of the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

"Lock's broken," Christy stated dully.

"I'm calling the cops!" Karla the dealer shouted.

"That'll be the last thing you ever do," Kori threatened.

"She attacked me," I partially told the truth, pointing at the bleeding gash on my shoulder.

Karla looked down at the knife that was beside Jennifer and gulped.

"Think carefully, you leave here and say anything, you'll be dead-"

Kori's sentence was cut short as Jennifer, who was now away pulled a small .383 handgun from her belt loop and slowly sat up, giving Kori enough time to react. Jennifer raised the gun, pointing it at me, but before she pulled the trigger, Kori tackled me into one of the stalls - saving me - from being shot.

Jennifer fired, missing the backside of Kori by a thread. Kori and I landed roughly inside of the stall. The bullet that was meant for me accidentally hit Karla in the throat.

"NO!" Jennifer screamed, dropping the gun as she watched Karla fall forward and gurgle on her own blood.

Christy reached around and pulled out the gun she had started to carry around recently, and without any thought, she shot Jennifer.

The room spun and my ears rang. Kori pushed herself up and shook me, "Amber!" She hollered, but yet sounded like she whispered it to me.

"Get up! We have to go! NOW!"

Christy gulped, "Amber! GO!

Follow Kori out the window!"

I could hear people in the bar screaming and running out of the bar. Kori ran to the window and pulled herself up and out, "COME ON!" she shouted at me from outside.

"Go!" Christy insisted, dropping the gun.

"N-No!" My voice cracked.

"Kori's basically a fugitive and you gotta get home to Shaun," Christy panted, "GO!"

Jennifer's eyes were red and puffy from the tears pouring out of her eyes. She was holding her bullet wound with one hand and cocking the gun again aiming at Christy this time. Instead of running, I gambled and jumped up, grabbing the gun that was in Jennifer's hand and threw it across the bathroom so that she couldn't shoot at me or Christy.

"Amber!" Christy screamed.

"You aren't taking the blame for this!" I shouted.

"Fuck!" I heard Kori shout before the bathroom door was kicked in.

Detective Wallis and two officers ran in with their guns raised. Christy stared at me fully, slighting shaking her head at me for what I had just done.

"DROP IT!" Wallis screamed at me. I immediately dropped the gun. "BOTH OF YOU PUT YOUR FUCKING HANDS UP!"

Christy and I both did what we were told and put our hands up. We were then instructed to get down on our knees and to shut the fuck up. The two officers with Detective Wallis put their guns to the back of our heads as Wallis cuffed us.

"Call an ambulance!" She screamed at one of the officers, noticing Jennifer, finally.

After that, everything was a blur.

The paramedics rushed in, more police showed - controlling the crowd - and controlling Billy who was trying to get into the bathroom that we were in.

The paramedics took Jennifer out of the bathroom on a stretcher while the police cleared the bar out. Billy and his boys stayed, freaking out and swearing at the cops, getting threatened by the cops.

We were forced to stand and drug out of the bathroom. Christy smirked the whole walk from the bathroom to the squad car. I glanced at Billy - giving him a cold, murderous look as I passed. Billy's jaw tightened as he returned the look. Rafael appeared next to Billy and gave him a careless pat on the arm before handing him yet another business card,

"Well, Charlie's on board. Once you're done dealing with this, give me a call," Rafael said dully.

Billy didn't respond, he just watched as the police officers led Christy and I out of the bar.

-----------------------------------------

Make this easy on yourself for your baby boy, Amber." Wallis pleaded, "I need to know everything. What happened, where Christy got the gun, and why you were all in there."

"I told you the truth," I said in a raspy tone. "She pulled a knife, sliced me and we fought until she dropped the knife."

"So you expect me to believe that Christy Brown and Karla Middleton just waltzed in right after?" She asked, leaning back in her chair.

I fiddled a little with the handcuffs around my wrists, "Yes."

"And Jennifer just up and shot her own best friend in the throat and then shot herself?"

I sighed, "Jennifer shot Karla."

"And Christy shot Jennifer, correct?" Wallis pressed, leaning forward again. "Right?"

"Amber... answer me. We know Christy shot Jennifer. Jennifer was able to give us a quick statement in the hospital after her surgery. So you can tell me the truth or you can go back to sitting in the holding cells for another twelve hours,"

"Then what exactly is it that you're asking me?" I asked, giving her a cocky sneer/smile.

"Where'd she get the gun?"

I cleared my throats and rested my cuffed hands on the table, "I want a lawyer."

--------------------------------------------

Billy sat on the edge of the bed, shirtless and a mess. Shaun was laying on the other side of the bed, making baby cooing noises and sucking on his own fist.

"Billy?" Megan called from downstairs, "I'm here now, just gonna bring in my suitcase!"

Billy pulled the cigarette out from his mouth and exhaled a cloud of smoke, glancing back at a content Shaun. He snorted before putting his cigarette out and leaning back to lay beside Shaun.

"I'm gonna get your mom out, kid. Just as soon as I can, I promise"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

980K 38.9K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1M 33.2K 60
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
309K 17.7K 69
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.7M 14K 57
Any ideas you have or want to see message me xx