Bad Company

By SpriceThePrice

Amber never expected to finally build the courage to leave her abusive boyfriend and start new in Boston with... More

Chapter 1: (Intro)
Chapter 2: New Beginning
Chapter 3: The Four Roses
Chapter 4: Not Easily Intimidated
Chapter 5: Rides From Strangers
Chapter 6: Nice Try
Chapter 7: Jealousy
Chapter 8: Giving In
Chapter 9: Unexpected
Chapter 10: Protect What's Yours
Chapter 11: Different Kind of Hero
Chapter 12: New Leaf
Chapter 13: Mama, I'm in love with a criminal
Chapter 14: Funny Little Feeling
Chapter 15: Death of Me
Chapter 16: Celebrating
Chapter 17: Wake Up Call
Chapter 18: Gunslinger
Chapter 19: Blue Monday
Chapter 20: Playing With Fire
Chapter 21: Darley's Girl
Chapter 22: Overprotective
Chapter 23: The Rain
Chapter 24: Sick of Being Sick
Chapter 25: Happy Birthday
Chapter 26: Birthday He Will Never Forget
Chapter 27: Changed
Chapter 28: Bad Company
Chapter 29: Ten Weeks
Chapter 30: Babies 'R' Us
Chapter 31: Date Night
Chapter 32: The Worst Part of You, ...Is Me.
Chapter 33: Change of Plans
Chapter 34: It's Me
Chapter 35: Claimed
Chapter 36: Adoption
Chapter 37: Through Thick, Through Thin
Chapter 38: Ultrasounds and Guns
Chapter 39: House of The Rising Sun
Chapter 40: Becoming You
Chapter 42: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: Sometimes on a Sunday
Chapter 45: Death Sentence
Chapter 46: Face to Face
Chapter 47: Sentenced
Chapter 48: Finish The Job
Chapter 49: Shaun Darley
Chapter 50: All Along The Watchtower
Chapter 51: Reunions
Chapter 52: Cemetery Gates
Chapter 53: Animal
Chapter 54: Each to Their Own
Chapter 55: The Sound of Silence
Chapter 56: Welcome Home
Chapter 57: Forgivness
Chapter 58: The Queen
Chapter 59: New Friends, Old Problems
Chapter 60: Gimme Shelter
Chapter 61: Losing My Religion
Chapter 62: Darkness
Chapter 63: The Beach
Chapter 64: Two Birds, One Stone
Chapter 65: Come Undone
Chapter 66: Bad Penny
Chapter 67: Grow Up, Little Girl
Chapter 68: Family
Chapter 69: Ayo For Yayo
Chapter 70: Ownership
Chapter 71: Blood For Blood
Chapter 72: For Better or For Worse
Chapter 73: Penthouse Pauper
Chapter 74: Beast of Burden
Chapter 75 - Cumberland Gap

Chapter 41: New Leadership

100 0 0
By SpriceThePrice

What Billy had done to his own father was not only the end of Bones's controlling shit, but it was the end of what seemed like a prison sentence in hell for Billy. Yet in the same token, what he had done had also created even more trouble for Billy. Luckily for us, kind of anyway -- Detective Wallis was the one who's been hounding us about Bones's where about's, but again, luckily for Billy, Wallis knows Bones was into things he shouldn't have been involved in so if he is dead - the last person she's going to assume killed Bones would be his own son.

As expected, Billy took over his fathers position as THE main guy for drugs and gun running. This was stressful because this means all the trouble and danger Bones had was now on Billy. However, Billy wasn't kidding when he said it was "time for a change". I could see the passion burning in his eyes now that he was the one sitting behind Bones desk. I think he actually believes that he can make this all better for everybody while still doing what they do. Honestly, the only way that would ever happen is if Billy completely cuts off the guns, the drugs, and everyone just actually does what they're suppose to be doing... running a fucking mechanic shop, not drugs.

Since Billy moved up, everyone else did as well. All of Billy's boys went from cooking in the basement of the abandoned mental hospital "The office" to just selling the drugs as none of them, except for Jack, - who now works at the shop doing oil changes - know how to work on vehicles. The younger brothers of Billy's boys and kids that grew up on Billy's turf now work for Billy and cook the drugs at "The office". There's only five boys there that cook but that's all Billy really needs and he trusts them because much like their older brothers, they too are afraid of Billy.

Everyone is being paid way more than they were under Bones's reign. Everyone is happier, doing better work now that they're being paid for all those hours they stand out in eerie places selling drugs. Hell, the mechanics who worked for Bones are even happier and bringing in more business now that Billy upped their pay.

Safe to say that for the first time in a long time everything is going okay.

Except for one thing...

Charlie.

Given what happened the night I was suppose to inform Billy that Charlie is actually alive... Both Christy and Megan convinced me that telling him would be the worse thing to do at the time. For now, since Charlie hasn't done anything or even contacted me, I think they're right. But the fact that he's still out there somewhere probably plotting some sort of revenge, has me on edge. Would he hurt me to get back at Billy? Or worse... would he kill me and my unborn child?

"Ya listenin' to me?" Billy asked, awakening me from my thoughts.

I shook my head as I regained my thoughts and then nodded, "Yeah -- sorry, what?"

"I got ya the tree." Billy repeated himself, staring at me between narrow eyes as he slowly put his belt back on.

Most women claim to have a high sex drive during their pregnancy but for me it's the complete opposite. My stomach is bigger, I don't feel sexy, I can tell he's focusing on making sure he doesn't hurt me or the baby - even though I told him he can't - and it's just awkward and whenever we have sex, I often wish it would just be over with so I can go back to being a huge pregnant whale and he can go back to doing whatever it is that he does.

Maybe I'm just stressed and over-thinking about Charlie retaliating but either way, my stomach has grown and as a usually small girl, I feel uncomfortable having this huge bump. Christy and Megan tell me I'm being dramatic and that I look cute pregnant, but I just feel fat and gross. What if he thinks about me when I had a flat stomach? what if he bangs Jennifer on the side because she's still skinny? what if-

"Amber." Billy said firmly, "Ya doin' it again."

"Doing what?" I asked, shaking my head again.

"Zonin' out and shit."

"I'm sorry, Billy."

"Gonna set that tree up today or what?"

I shrugged, "I'll probably end up doing it with Megan. Christy's been ditching us a lot lately for her new boo, whoever that is."

"She back on the shit?" Billy asked dully, sitting down on the edge of the bed, shirtless.

I climbed out of bed and made my way over to the dresser, grabbing a pair of jeans and a hoodie. Boring, but suitable for a pregnant lady.

"I don't think so. She wouldn'-"

Billy laughed in disbelief, "Wouldn't put it past her."

I rolled my eyes and slipped my legs in my jeans, "People can change Billy. Clearly." I slipped my jeans up over my hips and bit my bottom lip as I struggled to zip up my jeans, "I mean look at you for instance."

"I'm still the same." He corrected me.

I sighed loudly and clicked my jaw to the side, "Of course." I winced as I tried to suck it in to button up my jeans. Billy just stared at me with a blank face before realizing that I was struggling to get my favourite jeans on. He smirked as I pouted, "Fuck!"

"Troubles?" He asked coolly.

"Fuck you!" I exclaimed, pushing my jeans back down and kicking them across the bedroom angrily. "I'm a fat fucking horse!"

"Ya knocked up."

"THANK YOU."

"The fuck is your problem?"

"I can't fit anything is my fucking problem!" I shouted back, standing in front of him.

"Then wear something that fits. Problem solved." He replied, standing up and pulling a black shirt over his head.

"Thank you, thank you for your help, it's greatly appreciated." I mumbled sarcastically.

Billy pulled on Joe's leather jacket and turned to face me, "Ya welcome."

It's times like this where I wish I had it in me to pull back my fist and punch his lights out but let's be honest, I wouldn't. Not because I know what he'd do... but, I just wouldn't. Not saying Billy would hit me, because if he actually wanted to, he would have by now but... Still. Not something I like to even think about.

I followed Billy out of the bedroom and downstairs where a fairly tall fake Christmas tree was already set up and awaiting lights and decorations. I gasped and smiled widely, turning on my heel to face Billy. Yes, he's an asshole but he manages to make up for it in small little ways.

"You set it up for me!" I squealed happily. "Thank you!"

Billy nodded and wrapped his arm around my back as I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed, the side of my face digging into his chest. I stared up at him and smiled warmly. I swear, I see through all of the bad that he does and love him for all the good that he does. His free hand snaked down my arm and rested on my stomach. I watched as his thumb caressed my stomach and glanced back up at him, seeing him frowning. I pressed my tongue to the inside of my cheek and knew exactly what he was thinking.

"I love you very much." I whispered almost like I was reminding him.

Billy nodded and placed a hand on the back of my neck, pulling our foreheads together, "I love ya more than anything."

He kissed my forehead and we broke apart.

"I'll be back later tonight." Billy announced as he gathered up his keys, pack of cigarettes and lighter off of the kitchen counter.

"Can I come...please?" I asked with saddened eyes.

"No." Billy growled.

"Why?!" I asked, seeing annoyance spread across Billy's face. "What are you doing now that I can't come?! I'm bored" I whined.

Billy shoved his phone in the back pocket of his jeans before fumbling with his cigarette pack, unwrapping it and placing an unlit cigarette between his lips, "Then fuckin' decorate the tree."

"With what? You want me to magically pull out some lights and decorations from my ass? We have nothing. I'm stuck here, alone, with noth-"

"Here." Billy hissed in a muffled tone caused from the cigarette between his lips, "Go and buy ya fuckin' decorations." He mumbled, tossing me cash.

I smiled widely as I counted the cash in my hands. I could get a lot of lights and decorations with three hundred bucks. My eyes scanned the livingroom, picturing colourful christmas lights and decorations hung up, stockings hung up and the tree fully decorated with twinkling lights. Yup, I was going to turn the Darley residence into a decked out Christmas residence.

"Billllyyyy..." I whined.

Billy sighed loudly in annoyance, "What?"

"Can you pick me up burger king pleaaaase?" I begged, batting my eyelashes.

Billy closed his eyes and sighed again, rubbing his temples with his thumbs, "I can't. Go with Meg and get some."

I already knew that was going to be his answer but frankly I was just annoying him on purpose because I knew he was in a hurry to go and do whatever it was that he had to go and do. When I didn't say anything else, Billy made his way over to the front door and opened it, turning to look at me one more time before leaving.

"Thank you for the money. You didn-"

"That's my job." Billy cut me off, lighting the cigarette that was between his lips and blowing the smoke outside.

I stared down at my socks and pursed my lips as I slowly stared back up in Billy's direction, "Are we ever gonna get out of this life?"

Billy lowered his eyes and stared back outside, "Someday."

--------------------------------------

Surprisingly Christy actually came with Megan and I to go Christmas shopping today. Despite how shitty I currently felt, I'm able to put the thought of throwing up away so that I can actually enjoy myself for once. Yes, my morning sickness is gone but I still find myself having 'sick' days more often than none.

It was a last minute decision between Megan and I but we decided that we're going to throw a "Christmas Dinner" at mine and Billy's place this year. So basically were going to be feeding the three of us and Billy and his original boys - Spink, Jamie, Bodie, Heco, Baggy, Jack, and Dog - minus Tommy for obvious reasons... rest in peace you tattooed face asshole.

"So we got the decorations, the turkey and all the food... we're good to go, right?" Christy asked, loading the last bit of groceries into the trunk of Meg's car.

"Yeah, I feel like shit, let's go back to my place." I murmured followed by a yawn.

"Ah... just one more stop." Megan announced as she climbed into the car.

Christy and I both followed her actions and shivered. I held out my hands in front of both heaters and winced. It was definitely getting colder out and I was hoping that Boston would get some snow before in time for Christmas, but judging by what I've been told... Boston's weather is bi-polar. Being from Michigan, I'm use to snow... so having a Christmas without snow is just odd to me.

The drive to wherever it was Megan was taking us was silent. Megan hummed along to the radio while Christy sat in the backseat texting whoever it was that she's been seeing. I'd glance back at Christy through the rear-view mirror every chance I got, just to notice how tired she looked. Of course, she still was one of the most knock out looking women I've ever known, but despite her done up face and hair, she looked tired like she hadn't slept for a few days. Maybe Billy was right? Maybe's she's back doing cocaine again which for most people is just a casual party favour except for her, she made it a problem. She almost reminded me of how Heco is whenever he's coming off the drugs but nah... Christy would never do anything harder than cocaine.

At least I hope not

"Please tell me you're not making me go shopping..." I whined as the mall parking lot came into view.

Megan smirked as she parked the car and looked at me, raising a finger up, "Oh...oh... do you hear it?"

"Hear what?" I asked in confusion.

"Listen." Megan replied, opening her car door.

"Oh god..." I whined as I heard the familiar 'Have a Holly Jolly Christmas' playing through the mall speakers. "The fact that we can hear it from all the way out here... makes me not want to go even more."

"Come on Grinch." Megan chuckled as she got out of the car.

"You love Christmas." Christy stated as she too got out of the car.

"I do.. I just hate shopping..." I replied in a mumble.

"Hey maybe you can sit on Santa's lap and ask for a law abiding citizen for a boyfriend!" Christy said sarcastically as we walked into the mall.

I bit my tongue, knowing that I could say something back to her that would shut her up but I knew better than to say anything. Today was a good day and I don't need the unneeded drama between my best friend and I over something as petty as a joke.

The mall was lit up with twinkling Christmas lights and Christmas trees were set up everywhere. People were rushing through stores buying last minute Christmas gifts - wearing Santa Clause hats. Christmas music played loudly and people jingled bells trying to get people's attention to donate to charity. There were so many "Santa's" that I felt like I was in some sort of Christmas twilight zone.

"We should probably split up so I can get both of your guys' Christmas presents" I suggested dully.

Christy shrugged, "I guess so."

"Well... you guys call my cell when you're done shopping." Megan replied with a shrug.

Christy and Megan were the easiest to shop for - tattoo ointment, Victoria's secret gift cards and voila! Billy on the other hand... not so much. I wanted to get him something meaningful because something tells me that he's never really had much of a Christmas before.

After what seemed like forever, I finally found Billy's gift. However, I didn't buy it yet... I need a couple days to think on it before I make the decision. I want this to be special and meaningful... I think this is the one, I really do.

"What the hell?..." I whispered to myself as I sat down at a table, staring across the food court to see Christy standing next to Heco.

I watched closely as Heco got closer and closer to Christy, making me wonder if he was going to kiss her or something. Until he tried to be stealthy and place a baggy of something inside of her coat pocket.

My eyes widened, "What the fuck..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 6.5K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
405K 14.2K 89
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
308K 17.6K 69
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
262K 8.8K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...