Bad Company

By SpriceThePrice

Amber never expected to finally build the courage to leave her abusive boyfriend and start new in Boston with... More

Chapter 1: (Intro)
Chapter 2: New Beginning
Chapter 3: The Four Roses
Chapter 4: Not Easily Intimidated
Chapter 5: Rides From Strangers
Chapter 6: Nice Try
Chapter 7: Jealousy
Chapter 8: Giving In
Chapter 9: Unexpected
Chapter 10: Protect What's Yours
Chapter 11: Different Kind of Hero
Chapter 12: New Leaf
Chapter 13: Mama, I'm in love with a criminal
Chapter 14: Funny Little Feeling
Chapter 15: Death of Me
Chapter 16: Celebrating
Chapter 17: Wake Up Call
Chapter 18: Gunslinger
Chapter 19: Blue Monday
Chapter 20: Playing With Fire
Chapter 21: Darley's Girl
Chapter 22: Overprotective
Chapter 23: The Rain
Chapter 25: Happy Birthday
Chapter 26: Birthday He Will Never Forget
Chapter 27: Changed
Chapter 28: Bad Company
Chapter 29: Ten Weeks
Chapter 30: Babies 'R' Us
Chapter 31: Date Night
Chapter 32: The Worst Part of You, ...Is Me.
Chapter 33: Change of Plans
Chapter 34: It's Me
Chapter 35: Claimed
Chapter 36: Adoption
Chapter 37: Through Thick, Through Thin
Chapter 38: Ultrasounds and Guns
Chapter 39: House of The Rising Sun
Chapter 40: Becoming You
Chapter 41: New Leadership
Chapter 42: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: Sometimes on a Sunday
Chapter 45: Death Sentence
Chapter 46: Face to Face
Chapter 47: Sentenced
Chapter 48: Finish The Job
Chapter 49: Shaun Darley
Chapter 50: All Along The Watchtower
Chapter 51: Reunions
Chapter 52: Cemetery Gates
Chapter 53: Animal
Chapter 54: Each to Their Own
Chapter 55: The Sound of Silence
Chapter 56: Welcome Home
Chapter 57: Forgivness
Chapter 58: The Queen
Chapter 59: New Friends, Old Problems
Chapter 60: Gimme Shelter
Chapter 61: Losing My Religion
Chapter 62: Darkness
Chapter 63: The Beach
Chapter 64: Two Birds, One Stone
Chapter 65: Come Undone
Chapter 66: Bad Penny
Chapter 67: Grow Up, Little Girl
Chapter 68: Family
Chapter 69: Ayo For Yayo
Chapter 70: Ownership
Chapter 71: Blood For Blood
Chapter 72: For Better or For Worse
Chapter 73: Penthouse Pauper
Chapter 74: Beast of Burden
Chapter 75 - Cumberland Gap

Chapter 24: Sick of Being Sick

126 1 0
By SpriceThePrice

A couple of weeks had passed since the night Christy and I were beaten up by two members of Billy's nemesis gang; "B-Street". I was already pretty much healed minus the odd pain from my now sensitive ribs and going to work regardless of Billy insisting that I stay home until I'm fully healed. Christy has been coming to work too and surprisingly staying sober, no drugs or even a drop of booze. However, her face is still badly bruised but the swelling has gone down quite a bit. Christy being Christy though, just caked her face up with a pound of contoured make up and you can't even tell until you're up close to her.

Given how Billy reacted that night and how he treated both Christy and Joe... it goes without saying that I've been hanging out with Christy only at work. Billy and Joe have obviously made up, er, well... Joe forgave his brother and Billy doesn't seem fazed by anything. Billy really could care less, I guess. Joe and Jack have been selling together and Joe's still low key pissed off at Billy.

Christy confided in me earlier today and told me she's having a hard time detoxing and asked if I'd come over and hang out with her tonight to keep her from drinking or doing coke. Naturally since I want her to become sober, I agreed. Now I just have to tell Billy this.

"Well, that's great but you're my boyfriend not my father. So I'll be at Christy's if you need me." I said into the phone as Christy and I approached her apartment door that had just been finally fixed since the night Billy kicked it in.

"Amb-"

Click.

"Did you just hang up on him?" Christy asked wide eyed as she unlocked the door.

I shrugged and followed her inside of her apartment, "I don't care. If he wants to act like a controlling child then he can go do that on his own time."

"Brave girl." Christy murmured as we kicked our shoes off and walked over to the couch where Megan was laying.

"Hey." We all greeted each other at the same time.

"Where's Jack?" I asked dully as I sat down on the couch next to Megan.

"He's on his way here with Joe." Megan mumbled as she exhaled smoke slowly out of her mouth.

I hadn't ate yet at all today since Ramona had to leave work early from getting sick during her shift. She had come down with a really bad cold and flu so I was busy at the bar all day and had no time to even think about eating. Because of this, the inhaling the smell of smoke while having an empty stomach is enough to make me want to gag and I'm a smoker myself.

"How you holding up?" Megan asked me as she inhaled another drag.

I winced, "I'm alright... hungry, but alright."

"You and Billy fighting?" Megan asked.

"No... but we're gonna be, again." I sighed.

"He's still not wanting you around Christy, is he?" Megan asked.

"Of course not." Christy answered sitting down on the other couch and sipping back on a glass of juice. "But... whatever. He has to get over his fit sooner or later, after all I am your best friend and his brothers fucking girlfriend."

"I personally would have whooped your ass if I was Amber and you got me in that predicament. No wonder Billy's pissed off at you." Megan retorted, "But given how fucked up you looked when you came home that night, I probably wouldn't have." Megan added.

Christy rolled her eyes and I giggled slightly, ahhh Megan, how I love her so.

"You guys suck. I'm gonna make some dinner." Christy announced, getting up off the couch and heading for the kitchen.

"Oh God..." Megan and I both groaned.

"Shut up, skinny bitches. Or both of you can starve for all I care." Christy responded from the kitchen.

Megan and I both stared at each other and shrugged, "Fine...."

"Spaghetti sound good?" Christy asked, grabbing a pot from the cupboard.

"I'm so hungry I'll literally risk eating anything you cook." I called out.

"Don't fuck it up." Megan sang as she walked over to the bookshelf where all Christy's and her DVD's were. "Whatcha wanna watch, ladies?"

"Hmm..." I thought. "You pick."

Megan sighed, not knowing what to choose, "I dunno... comedy, horror or chick flick?"

"Not feeling a horror movie." Christy called out from the kitchen.

"Me neither... pick two movies and narrow it down that way." I suggested.

Megan shrugged, "Alright." She agreed and scanned the bookshelf, grabbing two DVD's before turning around and holding them up, "The Notebook or Superbad."

"Superbad." I responded immediately.

"No! The notebook!" Christy exclaimed. "Pleaaaaaase?!"

"I vote The Notebook, too. Sorry Amb, you're out numbered here." Megan chuckled.

I folded my arms across my chest and sighed. Yay... The fucking Notebook, sweet...

Before I could protest, the screen door of the balcony opened and in piled in Jack, Joe, Baggy and Heco. I knew I should have recognized the rumble of Heco's car outside. I sighed loudly and stared at Jack wide eyed.

"What?" Jack asked softly.

"Why are they here?" Christy and I both asked at the same time.

Heco plopped down on the couch beside Megan and I, "Why the hostility?"

"Uh because..." Christy started, suddenly coming into view. "You guys never come here."

"Did he make you two come with Jack and Joe here to keep an eye on me?" I asked firmly, glaring at Jack and Joe as I spoke.

Joe sighed loudly, "You know Billy."

"That fucking guy!" I exclaimed.

"Whatever, lets not let this ruin our night. Besides, I know a way to make them leave." Christy smirked.

"Your cooking?" Megan and Jack asked.

Christy rolled her eyes, "No, we're gonna watch The Notebook."

"What the fuck is that?" Baggy asked sitting down on the other couch and lighting a cigarette.

Megan smirked, stood up and took the DVD out of the case before tossing it onto Baggy's lap. Baggy rolled his eyes and placed his cigarette between his lips so that he could pick up the DVD case, flip it over and read what it's about. I felt extremely uncomfortable sitting next to Heco all alone. I know he knew better than to try anything or Billy would kill him, but given how he was before I was Billy's... he still creeps me out.

"Move." Megan said to Heco.

I could tell Megan sensed my how uncomfortable I was just by how she was looking at me. Jack must have also sensed it because he immediately stood up so that Heco could take his spot on the other couch. Heco rolled his eyes, got up and walked over to the other couch.

Megan placed the disc in the DVD player and started the movie. I sat back against the couch and sighed, watching as Megan sat down on Jack's lap and cuddled. I missed Billy. Was I becoming that type of girl? clingy? No, well, in a sense of that I'm constantly thinking about him, wondering if he's okay or worried about B-street trying to cause any more problems with him. I don't know, if that's clingy than I guess I've become clingy.

"Food's ready." Christy announced, walking into the living room with a bowl and handing it to me.

"Already?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow up.

"Yeah... I boiled the noodles, strained them... and put the can of spaghetti sauce in it." Christy explained.

"That's it...?" Megan asked slowly. "Did you at least heat the sauce?"

"Was I suppose to?" Christy asked seriously.

I giggled and shrugged, "It's fine. I'm starving. Thank you, Chris."

"You welcome. How you feeling?" She asked sitting down beside me as Joe, Jack, Megan, Baggy and Heco all piled into the kitchen grabbing bowls to dish up.

"I think I caught what Ramona has." I winced.

"You're sick?" Christy asked in a muffled tone from her mouth being stuffed with spaghetti.

I nodded, "I'm not like sick sick... I just have a headache and I feel really warm." I explained.

"It's probably because you haven't ate yet. Eat up, I made lots." Christy suggested with a smile.

Christy was right, almost instantly after a few forkful's of food, my headache started to go away. Once everyone had their food, well all gathered back in the living room to watch the movie. Me, Christy and Joe sat on one couch. Jack, Megan and Baggy on the other one while Heco sat on the floor, his back against the wall. He seemed to actually be really into the movie... which was weird but hey... it's a good movie after all. The only reason why I didn't want to watch it is because I get the feels every time I watch it and end up bawling my eyes out.

"Can I have some more?" I asked Christy in a hushed whisper.

Christy stared at me and cocked an eyebrow, "Obviously."

"...Can you get me another bowl?" I asked sweetly, batting my eyelashes.

Christy rolled her eyes and took my now empty bowl, "Any other time you're complaining about my cooking and now you suddenly want more."

"It's good!" I exclaimed in defence.

Everyone except Christy stopped eating and looked away from the TV to stare at me strangely. I shrugged at them and Joe just shook his head at me, making me smirk. Christy came back into the room and handed me a bowl before she sat back down beside me. I thanked her and dug into the food. I got about two bites in when my stomach told me to stop. I winced and slowly sat up straight. Great... I'm gonna be sick, I definitely got what Ramona has.

It was coming, I had to get to the bathroom asap. I immediately sat the bowl down on the floor, jumped up off the couch and bolted for the bathroom. My body slammed up against the bathroom door, sending it flying wide open. Why the bathroom door was shut was beyond me. I fell to my knees in front of the toilet and lifted up the seat, pulled back my hair in my hand and used the other hand to grip onto the toilet bowl while I puked violently.

Christy ran into the bathroom and hunched over me, pulling the strands of hair that were falling free from my hand out of the way, "Let it out, let it out."

Christy hasn't been this caring since before she moved to Boston, it was nice to see her slowly getting back to old self.

I gasped loudly as I flushed the toilet and Christy handed me a piece of toilet paper to wipe my mouth off. I sighed loudly, wiped my mouth and tossed the piece of toilet paper into the garbage can. Christy helped me back up to my feet and I wiped my now smudged mascara and eye liner off from under my eyes. Christy gave me a weak smile as she handed me a bottle of mint listerine mouthwash.

"Thanks." I grumbled as I twisted off the cap and poured some mouth wash in it.

"Don't mention it. Do you feel better at least?" She asked softly.

"Holy fuck, you sounded like the exorcist in there!" Baggy called out at me from the living room.

I gargled and spit the mouthwash in the sink.

"Shut up." I groaned.

"She's sick you asshole." Megan hissed.

"Or pregnant." Heco laughed hysterically elbowing Baggy in the arm who was laughing along with him.

Joe's eyes widened as he shot up off the couch and made his way to the bathroom where Christy and I were still. I was now sitting on the ledge of the bathtub while Christy was wiping off my makeup so that she could re do it. I glanced up at Joe who was staring at me wide eyed.

"What?" I hissed in annoyance.

"Well?" Joe asked, nodding at me slightly like I was stupid.

"Well what?!" I barked.

"Are you?" He asked slowly.

"Am I what?!" I growled.

"...Are you pregnant?" Joe asked.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, "No Joe, Jesus Christ."

"This isn't funny, Amber. Are you sure?" Joe asked again.

Christy finished applying my eyeliner and stood up shaking her head and sighing in annoyance, "She's got the fucking flu, lay off. Alright?"

"How can you be so sure?" Joe pressed.

"Because!" Christy exclaimed as I pressed my tongue against the inside of my cheek. "Ramona is sick like this. She probably caught it from her."

"Oh so Amber ate the same thing Ramona ate earlier today at the bar?" Baggy asked from the living room.

"What?!" Both Christy and I asked.

"She ate bad chicken strips... hence why she's sick? Duh..." Baggy replied.

"She has a cold and a bad flu..." I trailed off.

"No... No she doesn't." Both Joe and Baggy replied.

"MEGAN!" Christy hollered, shoving Joe out of the bathroom.

"What?" Megan asked coming into the bathroom.

Christy stared at me before leaning in to whisper into Megan's ear. Megan nodded and hurried out of the bathroom. I heard her say something to Jack in a low tone before she grabbed her keys and they both left the apartment.

Christy turned on her heel and faced me, smiling at me widely. I could tell that she was tense and unsure about something. I frowned and stood up, walking over to the sink where I stared at myself in the mirror and applied some lipgloss. I stared back at Christy in the mirror and widened my eyes at her.

"What?"

"Nothing." She replied sweetly.

"Christy..." I started slowly. "What?!"

"When's the last time you had your period?" She asked straight to the point.

I sighed, "I had it..." I paused and thought. "I don't... I don't remember."

"That long ago?" Christy asked, "That long that you forgot?" She added.

"Christy, For the last fucking time. I'm NOT pregnant." I barked.

"Shh..." Christy hushed me, slamming the bathroom door. "I don't want those fucks to hear you."

Joe opened the bathroom door almost right after Christy had shut it, closing it behind him, "So did you take it?"

"Meg and Jack are gone to pick up the tests." Christy replied.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I asked, squinting my eyes into a glare at Christy and Joe.

Christy and Joe both shrugged, "Better safe than sorry."

I clicked my jaw to the side, "For the last fucking time... I. Am. Not. PREGNANT"

----------------------------------------------

"A blue line will appear in the Control Window within 3 minutes to show that the test has worked. Read your result after 3 minutes." Christy read out the instructions on the pregnancy test box.

I finished peeing on the second stick and sat it down on the bathroom counter, "This is a waste of money and I'm not paying either of you back for this."

"They weren't that expensive, anyway." Megan replied with a sly smile.

"If there is a negative sign in the Result Window when the line in the Control Window appears, your result is 'Not Pregnant'." Christy continued to read out loud making me sigh and roll my eyes. "If there is a positive sign in the Result Window when the line in the Control Window appears, your result is 'Pregnant'." Christy finished reading.

"I started the timer on my phone exactly 33 seconds ago." Megan told Christy who nodded.

"Where did Baggy and Heco go?" Christy asked as she peered outside of the bathroom door.

"Billy needed them. I convinced Billy that Amber is fine..." Joe answered.

"And Jack?" Christy asked.

"He's in our room sleeping." Megan replied, still staring down at her phone. "2 minutes left." She announced.

"Well, I'm not sitting in this crowded bathroom. I'm thirsty... got any juice?" I asked Christy.

"Yeah, come on..." Christy replied leading Megan and I out of the bathroom and into the kitchen where she poured me a glass of orange juice.

I chugged back the glass of orange juice as fast as I could, carefully watching as Megan and Christy were distracted by something Megan was showing Christy on her phone. Knowing Megan it was probably some "funny" meme that she found on social media or something along those lines. I quickly placed the glass down on the counter and bolted it out of the kitchen, running past Joe and nearly knocking him over as I did so.

"HEY!" Both Megan and Christy shouted after me.

I slammed the bathroom door shut behind me and locked the doorknob, smirking as I heard them both run down the hallway after me, sounding like a herd of elephants. They both began to pound on the door, telling me to let them in or Joe yelling for me to tell him what the tests say.

"Amber! There's only 40 seconds left! Let us in!" Megan called out from outside the bathroom door.

I ignored her and paced around the bathroom for the next forty seconds.

"Get me a bobby pin or a toothpick! These old locks are easy to pop open." Christy demanded. "Amber, let us the fuck in!"

"No." I replied sharply. "You three idiots wouldn't listen to me. I told you guys I wasn't pregnant." I added as I picked up one of the tests, not looking at it as I unlocked the bathroom door, staring at them all with a frown.

"Well?!" They all exclaimed.

"I'm not pregnant." I replied firmly.

"Really...?" Megan asked, sounding slightly disappointed.

"They both say you're not pregnant?" Christy asked carefully.

I rolled my eyes and held up the test, "Yes, see right here it says I'm no-" I paused, finally reading the test.

My eyes widened and the test fell out of my hand down onto the floor where both Christy and Megan ducked down and one of them grabbed it. I swallowed a hard lump in my throat that had formed as I ran over to the sink and grabbed the other test seeing that it too read that I was pregnant. I scrunched my brows and panted as I grabbed the box and re-read the instructions.

"Amber, this says you're pregnant!" Joe exclaimed, grabbing the first pregnancy test out of Christy's hands.

I stood tall, the second pregnancy test still in my hands. My chest heaved in and out, my face fell and I slowly turned around and tossed Megan the second POSITIVE pregnancy test. The three of them looked down at the second test and then they all stared back up at me.

I gulped and ran my fingers through my hair, "....Fuck."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 15.1K 74
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
2.1M 110K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
402K 14.1K 88
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
954K 51K 34
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...