Bad Company

By SpriceThePrice

Amber never expected to finally build the courage to leave her abusive boyfriend and start new in Boston with... More

Chapter 1: (Intro)
Chapter 2: New Beginning
Chapter 3: The Four Roses
Chapter 4: Not Easily Intimidated
Chapter 5: Rides From Strangers
Chapter 6: Nice Try
Chapter 7: Jealousy
Chapter 8: Giving In
Chapter 9: Unexpected
Chapter 10: Protect What's Yours
Chapter 11: Different Kind of Hero
Chapter 13: Mama, I'm in love with a criminal
Chapter 14: Funny Little Feeling
Chapter 15: Death of Me
Chapter 16: Celebrating
Chapter 17: Wake Up Call
Chapter 18: Gunslinger
Chapter 19: Blue Monday
Chapter 20: Playing With Fire
Chapter 21: Darley's Girl
Chapter 22: Overprotective
Chapter 23: The Rain
Chapter 24: Sick of Being Sick
Chapter 25: Happy Birthday
Chapter 26: Birthday He Will Never Forget
Chapter 27: Changed
Chapter 28: Bad Company
Chapter 29: Ten Weeks
Chapter 30: Babies 'R' Us
Chapter 31: Date Night
Chapter 32: The Worst Part of You, ...Is Me.
Chapter 33: Change of Plans
Chapter 34: It's Me
Chapter 35: Claimed
Chapter 36: Adoption
Chapter 37: Through Thick, Through Thin
Chapter 38: Ultrasounds and Guns
Chapter 39: House of The Rising Sun
Chapter 40: Becoming You
Chapter 41: New Leadership
Chapter 42: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: Sometimes on a Sunday
Chapter 45: Death Sentence
Chapter 46: Face to Face
Chapter 47: Sentenced
Chapter 48: Finish The Job
Chapter 49: Shaun Darley
Chapter 50: All Along The Watchtower
Chapter 51: Reunions
Chapter 52: Cemetery Gates
Chapter 53: Animal
Chapter 54: Each to Their Own
Chapter 55: The Sound of Silence
Chapter 56: Welcome Home
Chapter 57: Forgivness
Chapter 58: The Queen
Chapter 59: New Friends, Old Problems
Chapter 60: Gimme Shelter
Chapter 61: Losing My Religion
Chapter 62: Darkness
Chapter 63: The Beach
Chapter 64: Two Birds, One Stone
Chapter 65: Come Undone
Chapter 66: Bad Penny
Chapter 67: Grow Up, Little Girl
Chapter 68: Family
Chapter 69: Ayo For Yayo
Chapter 70: Ownership
Chapter 71: Blood For Blood
Chapter 72: For Better or For Worse
Chapter 73: Penthouse Pauper
Chapter 74: Beast of Burden
Chapter 75 - Cumberland Gap

Chapter 12: New Leaf

187 2 0
By SpriceThePrice

"Ya comin'?" Billy asked as he made his way back into his bedroom where I was still, sitting on his bed.

"Back to my place?" I asked in a hopeful tone.

Billy ignored me and left the bedroom leaving me sitting there stunned and confused as to what was going on. Why is it so God damn difficult for this guy to give me a straight answer?! Frustrating to say the least. Sighing as usual, I jumped up to my feet and followed behind Billy who was now by the front door waiting for me impatiently.

"Hello?" I hissed as I caught up with Billy and bent down to put on my shoes. Billy lit a cigarette and yanked the cigarette out from between his lips and stared down at me. "What?" I asked as I stood back up.

"Hurry up." He demanded.

I scoffed, "If you're in a hurry I can just walk home."

Billy ignored me and nodded for me to step out into the hallway so that he could shut and lock his apartment door. I rolled my eyes as I brushed past Billy and folded my arms against my chest and leaned against the wall. Billy walked past me without saying a word, leading the way down three flights of stairs and outside into the parking lot where his car was.

"Jesus...what time is it?!" I exclaimed as I noticed the sun going down.

Billy shrugged as he opened his car door, "5:00"

"Five?!" I shouted, my jaw dropping as I looked down at my clothes. I was suppose to work in a half an hour and there was no way I was going to have enough time to get home, shower, put on clean clothes and do my hair and makeup all in that short amount of time. "How the FUCK did we sleep in so late?!"

"Ya kept wakin' me up." Billy replied shortly, rubbing the side of his neck hinting for me to look at my own neck. He then climbed inside of his car and waited for me to do the same.

I ripped open the passenger side door and plopped down in the seat, shutting the door behind me and immediately pulling down the visor so that I could look at myself in the mirror. I gasped in shock, my eyes wide at the dark red/purple marks along the side of my neck that trailed all the way down my collar bone and down my chest. My expression went from shocked to pissed off as I glanced over at Billy and noticed that the only markings on his neck were his tribal tattoos.

"I'm not a piece of fucking bubblegum." I grumbled as I sat back in my seat and folded my arms across my chest. "I still don't understand how we didn't get up until less than an hour ago!"

Billy let out a faint chuckle, "Kept makin' me fuck ya."

"Classy way to say it." I replied sharply.

Billy ignored me and just kept driving, keeping his eyes on the road as I leaned over and turned on the radio. I smirked as I felt Billy's eyes on me, "Don't worry... I won't hurt your baby. I just want to turn some music on."

Billy grunted and went back to staring at the road as I found a radio channel that was playing Pitbull's 'Maldito Alcohol'. I bit my lip trying to refrain from laughing as I stared up at Billy who was clearly annoyed by this music. He scrunched his brows in annoyance as he reached over me and changed the channel to some hard rock station.

"Hey!" I exclaimed sitting up straight and turning it back to the station with Pitbull on it.

Billy tightened his jaw, staring over at me as he turned the station back. I narrowed my eyes into a glare. Billy turned his attention back to the road and I sat back in my seat and sighed loudly staring at the time. I'm going to be late by the time I'm ready and Sammy is going to chew me out and either fire me or take me off schedule yet once again.

"Don't like Pitbull?" I asked in attempt of making conversation. "Spanish jams man..."

"Ya Hispanic?" Billy asked dully.

"No?"

"Then why do ya listen to that shit?" Billy asked snidely.

"Because I can." I replied sharply.

Billy ignored me as he sped into the parking lot of the Four Roses. I noticed that his eyes were squinted as he scanned the parking lot, looking for Jamie's and Heco's cars. Billy cursed under his breathe as he pulled up in a parking space and turned the car off. Billy climbed out of the car and started to walk away but stopped when he noticed that I wasn't following behind him and was still sitting in the car. Billy became annoyed as he stomped back over to the drivers side door and climbed back in the car.

"Get out." Billy demanded flatly.

"No." I growled looking away from him.

Billy was obviously in a hurry to find the rest of his gang and was clearly now both pissed off and annoyed that they were no where to be found. Billy reached over and ripped open the glove department causing me to jump a little in my seat. He grabbed his lighter and an unopened pack of cigarettes. His hand brushed against my knee as he shut the department and sat back properly in his seat. I folded my arms across my chest, pressing my tongue against the inside of my cheek as a cloud of smoke surrounded me as Billy exhaled smoke out of his mouth.

"I got shit to do. Get out." Billy demanded again.

I turned in my seat, now facing Billy and glaring at him, "Look at my fucking neck! I can't go in there looking like this! I thought you'd at least take me home first so I could cover this up with makeup!" I shouted in disbelief.

"Ya weren't fuckin' complaining when I was doin' it." Billy hissed.

My eyes caught the gaze Billy had on me. I could tell by his expression that I was aggravating him and I didn't care. It's bad enough that I slept with him TWICE, I don't need people seeing these marks on my neck and knowing that I slept with him.

"Fuck you!" I shouted turning in my seat and reaching for the door handle when suddenly Billy grabbed onto my arm and yanked me back causing me to wince and stare up at him, stunned. "Don't fucking touch me!" I growled yanking my arm out of his grip.

Billy's face was stricken with rage, his eyes wild and his nostrils flared, the cigarette hanging in between his lips. My body started to shake from the anger that was building up inside of me right now. How the hell did he think he had the right to even so much as grab me.

"Look!" Billy exclaimed in a muffle caused by the cigarette dangling in between his lips. "Ya see this fucking hoodie?!" Billy continued, reaching into the backseat and grabbing a black hoodie of his and throwing it at me, "Now ya got something to fucking hide your neck."

I remained glaring at Billy as I reluctantly slipped the black hoodie on over my head, inhaling the scent that came off of it as I did so. It smelled just like Billy. I tightened my jaw as I stared at myself in the visor mirror. The hoodie didn't really hide the marks on my neck but it hid the rest of them so I suppose I can't complain.

I sighed loudly and turned back to face Billy who was still staring at me, "Thank you..."

Billy exhaled smoke out of his mouth and fired up his car and stared at me as if I should be getting out of the car by now. I sighed and nodded to myself slightly, realizing it was time to head inside of that God forsaken place that I work at. I reached for the car door but was stopped and pulled back by Billy again only this time his grip was a lot gentler.

"Yes?" I grumbled in annoyance.

Billy looked like he wanted to say something but judging by his facial expression, I don't think he really had anything to say to me and was just trying to keep me around longer. Or at least.. that's what I was hoping but lets be honest...

"Be safe." Billy warned as he sat back in his seat. "I'll see ya tomorrow or somethin'." He added dully, scratching the facial hair on the side of his chin.

I smirked as I reached for the door handle and glanced back at Billy from over my shoulder, "Can't get anymore safe than sitting next to you."

"I'm serious." He growled.

I turned back and faced Billy, "I'm serious too." Billy placed his hand on the back of my neck, pulling me towards him. He then placed his forehead against mine. I could tell he was annoyed with me so I sighed as I rolled my eyes, "I know.. I know."

"Good."

"Can I go now? Before Sammy fires me for good?" I asked in annoyance, pulling away.

Billy nodded and I paused before getting out of the car, not realizing that both Ramona and Christy were standing outside by the bar doors having a cigarette and staring over at me in Billy's car. I spun around in my seat, facing Billy as I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. To my surprise, Billy pulled the unlit cigarette out of his mouth and turned and placed his lips over mine. I smiled into the kiss, slowly pulling away and staring into Billy's piercing blue eyes.

"Busy tonight?" I asked curiously, a sly smirk on my face.

Billy exhaled slowly, "Yeah. But I'll see ya tomorrow."

I nodded slightly, knowing that meant he was going to be busy dealing tonight. With that, I climbed out of his car and awkwardly walked up towards the bar doors where Ramona and Christy were standing smoking and gawking at me. My heart sunk as I heard Billy's car leave the parking lot. I was at least hoping he'd come in and stay a little while but I guess he changed his mind.

"Hey guys." I greeted the two of them awkwardly.

Ramona smirked, "Hey Amby!" She exclaimed cheerfully as she poked me in the neck.

I winced and placed my hand over the hickeys on my neck becoming slightly embarrassed. Both Christy and Ramona started pulling at Billy's hoodie trying to catch a glimpse of my neck. Ramona flicked her cigarette onto the ground and wrapped me into a huge hug, nuzzling her face into my shoulder as she cried laughing. Christy was smirking and shaking her head at me. I can't see my own face obviously.. but i'd imagine I have the look of annoyance right now.

"You fucked Billy Darley and he drove you to work afterwards? Wow.... Billy must be turning a new leaf." Ramona chuckled, stepping back away from me as Joe walked outside of the bar.

Joe snickered, "Not likely."

I glared at both of them, "It wasn't the first time."

Christy's eyes widened at what she was hearing while Joe started to choke on his cigarette from inhaling smoke while laughing. Ramona's jaw dropped slightly before she tilted her head to the side and nodded casually.

"It's all starting to click together now..." Joe stated, waving his finger in front of my face.

Christy pressed her tongue against the inside of her cheek and nodded, agreeing with Joe, "Right?! Now it all makes sense."

I rolled my eyes and pushed through the three of them as I headed inside the bar to start my shift. Ramona followed me behind the bar and asked a couple of men if they wanted refills while Christy tied a black apron around her waist and sighed as she sat down next to Joe who was now sitting on a bar stool. Boredom sunk in as I stared up at the clock on the wall, wishing that I could magically make time speed up so that I could go home and shower.

"You drinking?" Ramona nodded at Joe as she asked him a question.

Joe shrugged, "May as well..."

Christy rolled her eyes at Joe as Ramona slid a mug full of beer along the bar towards Joe. Joe nodded in appreciation as he caught the beer and held it up to his lips, staring at me as he took a sip of beer. The gaze he had on me made me uncomfortable.

"Is that Billy's?" Joe asked pointing at the hoodie I was wearing.

"No it's fucking Whitney Huston's. Yes, obviously it's Billy's." I growled, sneering at Joe.

Joe and Christy both chuckled, "Someone's bitchy."

"I'm tired." I corrected.

"I bet you are." Joe snickered.

I rolled my eyes and gave up on trying to hide the smirk on my face, "You guys are going to drive me nuts."

"You ain't cut out for him..." Joe murmured before staring back up at me. "Billy isn't exactly a law abiding citizen if you haven't figured that out by now."

Christy shrugged as I looked over at her, "He's right... Billy is a gang leader."

"I'm aware." I snapped.

"-He's dangerous." Christy finished.

"For someone so dangerous he saved me from getting killed last night unless you were too high to remember that." I spat, turning on my heel and heading over to where Ramona was.

Christy scoffed and jumped up from the bar stool and walked around to behind the bar where Ramona and I were. She stomped up to me and folded her arms across her chest, "We're just looking out for you. You've been through a lot and I don't want to see you get hurt."

"So you're saying Billy would hurt me?" I asked in disbelief.

After all... he did save my life...

"Not like that. He's just... you know?" Joe joined in, scratching the back of his neck as he tried to put a sentence together. "With B-street trying to take over some of Billy's turf..."

"What does that have to do with me?" I interrupted.

"...and he's not exactly boyfriend material. In fact... Billy has never had a girlfriend... he doesn't get attached to girls... he just fucks them. Hence why it's so weird to see him saving you and you're wearing his hoodie... it's just... different." Joe added.

I sighed loudly and ran my fingers through my hair, nodding so that Joe would finally shut the fuck up and leave me alone. The end of this shift could not come fast enough!

"Just don't take this like you guys are together or something... Don't wanna see ya get hurt Amber." Joe finished.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not that stupid... besides after what I've just been through with Shane and having him almost kill me... yeah, I definitly am not going to be dating for a long time. But thanks for your concern."

"Lay off her. Isn't there some white lines you guys have to snort up your fucking noses?" Ramona hissed, defending me.

"Yeah guys... quit lecturing me, believe me when I say I know what Billy's intentions were. He's just new and exciting that's all." I lied, trying to be convincing and hide the hurt I was suddenly feeling.

"That's all?" Christy questioned suspiciously. "You just wanted change?"

I nodded, "Precisely."

Christy giggled, "Well why didn't you start with a makeover first?"

Ramona placed the mug she was wiping dry down onto the bar and leaned her head back staring at Christy in disgust, slightly shaking her head at Christy's comment. I bit my bottom lip and shrugged, not really wanting to say anything because I could feel my blood beginning to boil and I didn't want to say anything I would regret later. Christy is my best friend but she can be a hateful, spiteful, rude bitch when she wants to be.

There's nothing wrong with how I look in my opinion. Both Christy and I are tattooed. I have a sleeve and Christy has both of her sleeves and multiple back tattoos. My hair is long, like halfway down my back and almost black while Christy's is black but shaven on both sides and always styled beautifully while mine usually just stays pin straight. I like wearing lots of eyeliner and black smokey eye shadow while Christy can basically contour, highlight, do any kind of eye shadow she wants and looks perfect. Both Christy and I are around the same height and same weight, both petite but Christy has fake boobs that she's STILL paying for while mine are... natural and boring to say the least. Christy has no facial piercings while I have my snakebites.

I let out a shaky sigh, staring own at my feet, "You're right..." I whispered making them all cock an eyebrow up at me. "I could use a makeover."

Even though Christy is being an insulting bitch right now. She's right... I better stay clear of Billy and try seeking change in another way before I end up catching feelings for Billy.

"You're hot the way you are." Ramona scolded, glaring at Christy as she spoke.

"Do it!" Christy squealed in excitement.

I sighed yet once again, "I don't even know where to begin and NO. You're not doing it for me. I refuse to have Skrillex hair. Just because you can rock it does not mean I can." I grumbled.

Ramona placed her hands on her hips and stared at me in deep thought, "You and I are both off tomorrow... Christy and Amanda work the morning shift. What do ya say about me coming over and transforming you? I overheard your other roommate Megan talking about how she studied cosmetology... Between my hair skills and her makeup skills...we can do this."

"You guys make me sound haggard." I whispered in a low tone.

"You're not Amber!" All three of them exclaimed.

"You're just... newly single and who knows, maybe you'll feel better emotionally if you give yourself a change." Christy smiled warmly making me glare at her.

I leaned against the bar and groaned, "Fine... but if you make me look stupid... I swear to God..." I threatened.

Ramona smirked and placed her hand on my shoulder, "Trust me... you're gonna be a fox when I'm done with you."

---------------------

Billy parked in front of an abandoned mental hospital where him and his boys used the basement to cook their drugs in. Billy climbed out of his car and checked his surroundings like he always has, especially now that B-street - a rival gang - has been trying to come on Billy's turf and take over. Bones, Billy's father, didn't seem to give two fucks about a rival gang wanting some of Billy's spots where him and his boys sell regardless if that meant that they could potentially be in danger one day... Nope.. Bones did not give a fuck as long as he got his money.

"Bones pissed?" Bodie asked Billy as Billy made his way through the basement where his boys were loading up cocaine and other hard drugs into backpacks to take with them tonight.

Billy shook his head, "Nah. So let's fuckin' keep this up."

"We took care of that problem, Billy." Spink piped up.

Billy turned his attention over at Spink but didn't say anything instead Billy just waited for Spink to explain himself. Spink nodded over at Tommy who dug into the pocket of his jeans, pulling out a set of what appeared to be car keys. Spink smirked maliciously as he tossed the set of keys over at Billy who simply caught them. Billy snorted as he stared down at the keys in his hand.

"Where's the truck?" Billy asked flatly.

"Out back" Jamie answered.

Billy nodded before looking back up and tossing the keys back at Spink, "Take it to Bones's shop. See if he wants to strip it for parts." Billy instructed.

"He ain't goin' be any more of a problem to ya girl anymore, dog." Bodie addressed Billy.

"Good." Billy replied coolly.

Heco picked up a backpack and threw it over his shoulder, "Jamie, Tommy and I are gonna head out Billy."

Billy nodded, "Bodie and Dog will ride with me. Spink... get that car to Bones. Keep this shit up boys. Bones will be backin' off soon enough if we do as he wants."

With that, they all headed out and divided between the three vehicles. Bodie pulled the passenger seat forward allowing Dog to climb into the backseat of Billy's car. Bodie paused before getting in the passenger seat, stopping and leaning forward against the roof of the car and tossing Billy a black wallet.

Billy caught the wallet with one hand and took a long drag off of the cigarette in between his lips, "What the fuck is this?" Billy asked as hew blew smoke out of his mouth.

"That's all we found on him." Bodie replied dully.

Billy opened up the wallet and noticed there was nothing but Shane's license, a debit card and a photo of Amber. Billy stared down at the photo for a few moments before slipping the photo into the back pocket of his jeans and climbing into the drivers seat of his car. Billy fired up the car and stared back at Dog in the rear view mirror.

"Here." Billy started, tossing the black wallet of Shane's into the backseat, "Merry fuckin' Christmas."

Image

"Wake up." Megan demanded as she plopped down on my bed.

I groaned, "It's my day off... go away."

"Ramona's here. Get your ass up." Megan replied.

"Yeah come on Amber! Christy left for work and Jack went to go find work. It's just you, me and Meg today." Ramona joined in. "Megan's going to dye your hair first and foremost."

"What exactly are we doing to my hair..." I asked slowly, reluctantly sitting up in bed.

"Well... its long as fuck... lets cut a few inches off." Megan suggested.

"I like having long hair!" I exclaimed.

"So do we but its almost down to your ass... it looks like shitty extensions. A few inches so that it falls just under your boobs area is long enough." Megan stated firmly.

I sighed, "Fine."

"And the color..." Ramona started as she glanced over at my hair. "What about a chocolate brown...? With maybe some blonde streaks at the bottom.. it sounds weird but trust me, I think it'll look good."

I sighed again, "I don't want to argue. I want to sleep but knowing you two.. that's not going to happen so let's just do this."

Shortly after they managed to drag me out of bed, Megan went to town on dying my hair to a different shade of brown. I was nervous as I watched her mix the bleach for the blonde streaks that they planned to have at the bottom of my hair but whatever.... it's just hair. If they fuck up or if I end up hating it, I can always dye it back.

Once my hair was dyed, Megan covered my eyes and led me to the bathroom where she revealed my new hair color. Surprisingly, I liked it. A huge grin spread across my face as I ran my fingers through my hair, admiring Megan's work. The smile never left my face until I stared at Megan in the mirror who was standing behind me holding up a pair of shiny silver scissors. I gulped before I was forced to sit on the toilet and have my hair cut a few inches shorter. Luckily, it's still long but feels more manageable, not to mention it looks a hell of a lot better.

After my haircut, Megan decided to curl my hair for tonight as apparently we're all going to the shitty Four fucking Roses to have drinks... as if I'm not there enough already, now I'm being forced to go party there. We took a short break after finishing my hair to eat pizza that Megan ordered from her work.

"You done eating?" Megan asked in a muffled tone as her mouth was still clearly full.

I sat down my empty plate and nodded nervously, "Yup."

"Good." Megan mumbled, pausing to swallow the mouthful of pizza she had, "Now it's Ramona's turn. She's going to do your makeup instead of me." Megan added, spinning around to face Ramona. "My makeup pallet and brushes are right here when you're ready, Ramona."

Ramona nodded as she walked over to where Megan was pointing. Ramona turned and stared at me with an evil grin on her face, "You ready?"

I sighed, "I guess so..."

"Alright. Well first things first before we begin. These... have to go. What are you? 16?" Ramona asked, pointing at my snakebite lip rings

I scoffed, "I had these for years!"

"Yeah well you look like an overgrown emo kid. Come on... take em out." Ramona insisted. I groaned and opened my mouth, sticking my fingers in and unscrewing the two studs out from my lip. "Quit whining... you'll thank me later. Come on."

My lip felt weird without my beloved snakebites but after sitting through Ramona doing my makeup for what seemed like an hour, I eventually forgot about my snakebites and didn't even seem to notice them being gone.

Once my makeup was done, Megan and Ramona picked out a black short fitted dress that just barely covered my ass and black six inch high heels. They insisted that I hurry as it was now almost time to call our taxi and head to the Four Roses as Christy would be getting off soon and wanted us to be there for when she gets off so we can all start drinking right away. I didn't bother to look at myself in the mirror, instead I just got changed into the dress they picked out for me.

"Come on out. Let's see." Megan called from out in the living room.

"Yeah Amber let's see!" Ramona joined in.

I sighed as I finally checked myself out in the mirror.

"Wow..." I whispered, completely in awe of how I looked.

I actually liked my makeup and my new hair. The only thing I didn't really like was how short this dress was but it beats listening to the two of them whine and complain if I don't wear the fucking thing. Regardless, I was impressed. This was a much needed change and for the first time in a long time... I felt like a knock out.

"I called the cab. Now we just have to wait for Amber to come out of the-"

"Holy fuck you look AMAZING." Ramona interrupted Megan mid sentence as their eyes fell on me as soon as I stepped out of the bathroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 17.6K 69
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
959K 38K 47
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
886K 40.9K 174
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
456K 9.5K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.