Bad Company

By SpriceThePrice

Amber never expected to finally build the courage to leave her abusive boyfriend and start new in Boston with... More

Chapter 1: (Intro)
Chapter 2: New Beginning
Chapter 3: The Four Roses
Chapter 4: Not Easily Intimidated
Chapter 5: Rides From Strangers
Chapter 6: Nice Try
Chapter 7: Jealousy
Chapter 8: Giving In
Chapter 9: Unexpected
Chapter 11: Different Kind of Hero
Chapter 12: New Leaf
Chapter 13: Mama, I'm in love with a criminal
Chapter 14: Funny Little Feeling
Chapter 15: Death of Me
Chapter 16: Celebrating
Chapter 17: Wake Up Call
Chapter 18: Gunslinger
Chapter 19: Blue Monday
Chapter 20: Playing With Fire
Chapter 21: Darley's Girl
Chapter 22: Overprotective
Chapter 23: The Rain
Chapter 24: Sick of Being Sick
Chapter 25: Happy Birthday
Chapter 26: Birthday He Will Never Forget
Chapter 27: Changed
Chapter 28: Bad Company
Chapter 29: Ten Weeks
Chapter 30: Babies 'R' Us
Chapter 31: Date Night
Chapter 32: The Worst Part of You, ...Is Me.
Chapter 33: Change of Plans
Chapter 34: It's Me
Chapter 35: Claimed
Chapter 36: Adoption
Chapter 37: Through Thick, Through Thin
Chapter 38: Ultrasounds and Guns
Chapter 39: House of The Rising Sun
Chapter 40: Becoming You
Chapter 41: New Leadership
Chapter 42: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: Sometimes on a Sunday
Chapter 45: Death Sentence
Chapter 46: Face to Face
Chapter 47: Sentenced
Chapter 48: Finish The Job
Chapter 49: Shaun Darley
Chapter 50: All Along The Watchtower
Chapter 51: Reunions
Chapter 52: Cemetery Gates
Chapter 53: Animal
Chapter 54: Each to Their Own
Chapter 55: The Sound of Silence
Chapter 56: Welcome Home
Chapter 57: Forgivness
Chapter 58: The Queen
Chapter 59: New Friends, Old Problems
Chapter 60: Gimme Shelter
Chapter 61: Losing My Religion
Chapter 62: Darkness
Chapter 63: The Beach
Chapter 64: Two Birds, One Stone
Chapter 65: Come Undone
Chapter 66: Bad Penny
Chapter 67: Grow Up, Little Girl
Chapter 68: Family
Chapter 69: Ayo For Yayo
Chapter 70: Ownership
Chapter 71: Blood For Blood
Chapter 72: For Better or For Worse
Chapter 73: Penthouse Pauper
Chapter 74: Beast of Burden
Chapter 75 - Cumberland Gap

Chapter 10: Protect What's Yours

142 0 0
By SpriceThePrice

"Where the hell is Amber?!" Christy asked Jack and Megan who just walked through the doors of the Four Roses.

Jack shrugged and Megan cocked an eyebrow, "She's not here yet?"

Christy shook her head, "No... she's usually here by now for her shift."

Jack sat down on a bar stool at the bar, glancing over at Billy's table where Billy, Joe and the rest of his boys sat. Jack was nervous around them considering Heco wasn't exactly welcoming last night. Jack glanced back over at the table where Billy was at, noticing that Billy seemed to be giving his younger brother, Joe, some sort of hell. Joe's facial expression showed annoyance while Billy's was cold and stern.

"Call her?" Megan asked rolling her eyes at Christy.

"We've been trying..." Ramona answered, hanging up the bar phone.

"Maybe she's showering?" Jack asked dully.

Christy started to worry as she pulled out her cellphone from her pocket and leaned against the bar, dialing my number. Megan took off her jacket and pulled out her cellphone as well, spam texting me multiple times to see if I'd answer her texts at least.

Ramona sighed and went back to pouring shots for Billy and his boys. Amanda was already here and was already unimpressed that she was basically covering for me until I get here. Both Megan and Christy continued to try and get a hold of me.

"Billy..." Joe started, annoyed and trying to get his brother to be rational.

"You're fuckin' doin' the shit more than you're selling it." Billy hissed as he picked up a burning candle on the table and used it to light the cigarette that dangled between his lips as he spoke.

"Listen to Billy, Joey. Bones is pissed." Bodie joined in on the lecture.

Joe sighed loudly and leaned back in his chair, "When do I get to join? Maybe that's what my problem is. I'm not interested in it since I'm not really in it...."

"You'll join when I say ya can." Billy barked.

"You haven't even let me do my initi-"

"I said, I'll tell ya when you're ready." Billy said flatly, exhaling smoke out of his mouth.

Before Joe could protest, Billy's eyes scanned around the table noticing that Joe and the rest of his boys were looking up and staring at Christy who was now climbing over Heco and Tommy, reaching for her purse and jacket. Billy stayed silent and just looked around, noticing that Ramona and Amanda were panicking behind the bar while Jack and Megan were both impatiently waiting for Christy to grab her belongings.

"What's wrong?" Joe asked Christy.

Christy huffed, trying to catch her breathe, "It's Amber. I have to go."

"What's wrong?" Joe asked again, this time standing up from his chair.

"Come on, hurry up! We have to go!" Megan exclaimed, suddenly appearing next to the table.

"What's wrong with Amber?" Bodie asked, making Megan look at him confused and taken back that he was asking.

"She's not answering... she's not here yet either and it's not like her..." Megan answered quietly.

Megan swallowed the lump in her throat before clearing her throat, "...You don't think that-"

"Shane..." Christy whispered nervously.

Billy's eyes shot up at Megan as he pressed his cigarette down in the ashtray, putting it out. Christy chewed on her bottom lip nervously as she dialed my cell number one last time. Billy's jaw tightened as he watched Christy sigh and end the call when I never answered. Megan sighed and sprinted after Jack towards the bar exit. Christy muttered curse words under her breathe as she threw on her jacket and purse over her shoulder, turning on her heel to follow after Jack and Megan.

Billy grabbed Christy by the upper arm, pulling her back towards him. Joe's eyes instantly landed on his brother, watching him closely. Christy stared up at Billy with fear in her eyes. Megan and Jack both stopped dead in their tracks and stared at Billy appalled.

"Does he know where ya live?" Billy asked sternly - referring to Shane.

Christy gulped and nodded her head up and down. Billy gritted his teeth as he let go of Christy and turned around, staring back at all of his boys. Billy didn't even have to say anything, they all stood up and threw on their jackets and followed Billy outside of the bar.

Billy climbed into the drivers seat of his car with Bodie, Jamie and Tommy climbing in through the passenger door. Bodie nodded at Heco as he pushed the passenger seat back and climbed into the passenger seat of Billy's car. Heco climbed into his own car while Dog and Spink climbed into the backseat of Heco's car and Baggy climbing into the passenger seat of Heco's car. Billy put his car in reverse and sped out of the parking lot, Heco following right behind him.

"They're heading to your place." Joe stated dully.

"We have to get home. NOW!" Christy shouted, ripping open the passenger side door of Jack's car and climbing in the backseat with Joe.

----------------------------------------

Completely frozen, I whimpered as Shane softly placed his hand on the side of my face, caressing my cheek with his thumb. I cringed at his touch but was also too petrified to do anything. Shane leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. I shut my eyes and whimpered again. Shane pulled his head away from mine and smiled maliciously.

"Time to come home." He whispered.

"N..No.." I whimpered out before yanking myself back away from him. "Stay away from me!"

Shane rolled his eyes before taking two long struts towards me and grabbing me roughly by my arm and dragging me towards him. I let out a yelp as I struggled to yank my arm out of his grasp. Without hesitation or giving it much thought, I hooked my right leg around Shane's, causing him to stumble and trip over his own feet. Naturally, Shane lost his grip on me as he fell face first into the carpet. I jumped over Shane and ran towards the kitchen. Shane growled as he pushed himself up and reached for my ankle, tugging me back and causing me to fall forward on the cold, hard kitchen floor. Luckily for me, I was smart enough to turn my head to the side as I fell therefor avoiding my face slamming down onto the floor and intentionally breaking my nose.

"HELP!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Shane grabbed me by the shoulders and rolled me over onto my back so that I was staring up at him as he climbed on top of me, straddling me as he pinned both my arms above my head with only one of his hands. Shane pulled back his right hand and back handed me across the face. As his hand collided with the side of my jaw, I bit down on my lip, drawing blood.

"HELP!" I screamed again, tears pouring out of my eyes.

"YOU TRIED TO FUCKING KILL ME?! I TREATED YOU GOOD!" Shane hollered as loud as he could as he placed his free hand around my throat.

The more Shane applied pressure onto my throat and the tighter his grip became, the more I realized that he was literally actually going to succeed in killing me this time. His eyes were bulging out his skull and he was gritting his teeth.Shane let go of my wrist and clamped his hand down on the other side of my neck - choking me even worse than he already was. My hands clenched around Shane's wrists, trying to pry his hands off of my throat. I could feel my eyes watering as my breathing became slower and slower. My mouth was dry and I was gasping for air.

My hands fell limp, letting go of Shane's wrists and I arched my back slightly as I slowly closed my eyes. Suddenly, just when I thought that I should just give up on fighting for my life against Shane - the familiar sound of two engines roaring towards my apartment building sounded throughout the area. Instead of giving up, I wrapped my hands around Shane's wrists and used all my strength to roll over, bringing Shane with me. I could hear Billy and Heco's car's idling outside my apartment building.

Shane stopped what he was doing as the sound of someone pounding on the front door, interrupted Shane. Shane slowly climbed off of me and grabbed me by the back of my neck, pulling me up to my feet. A wicked, sly grin formed from the corners of my mouth as Shane slowly led me towards the door.

"Amber! Open the fucking door!" Billy shouted from outside the door.

"...Get rid of him." Shane instructed in a whisper as he pulled out the same pocket knife that I had cut him with on the night that I left. "Do anything stupid and I'll slit your throat." Shane hissed in a harsh whisper as he placed the blade of the switchblade against my neck, slightly applying pressure.

I winced and slowly made my way towards the front door, with Shane still holding the blade against my throat. The pressure was there but it wasn't enough to draw blood. However, one quick swipe and I'd be a goner.

"Amber?!" Billy roared.

"Billy..." I whimpered out.

"Amber open the fucking door." Billy demanded, lowering his tone.

"I..I... I'm fine Billy. I'm just sick..." I lied.

"Get rid of him...now." Shane growled as he slightly added more pressure on the blade.

"Now isn't a good time, Billy." I called out, holding back tears.

There was a long pause before Billy finally spoke, "Fine."

Oh God, no... please don't leave

Shane smirked and pulled the blade away from my throat. I sighed in relief as he folded the switchblade and slipped it back into the back pocket of his jeans. Shane still had a handful of my hair and was slowly dragging me with him as he carefully and quietly stepped back away from the door. I closed my eyes and a small whimper escaped my lips. I'm going to die.

"No one to help you, baby." Shane chuckled quietly.

Suddenly, the door swung open sending the doorknob right through the wall causing pieces of drywall dust to fly around. The door had completely come off of the top door hinge and was hanging by a thread from the bottom hinges. Shane's jaw fell agape as he stared at the man who had just kicked the door open.

"Billy!" I screeched.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

85.6K 1.9K 35
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
887K 41K 174
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
967K 38.3K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
308K 17.6K 69
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...