Sanders Sides Oneshots

By Creatively-Anxious

Random Sanders Sides oneshots, mostly ships and ranging from mostly fluffy to angst. Any ship. Feel free to... More

Welcome!
Movies and Feelings (Prinxiety)
Logan's In . . . Dove (Logicality)
Double Date (Prinxiety & Logicality)
Double Date (Part 2) - Logicality
Failed Flirting and A Confession (Prinxiety)
Far Away (Prinxiety & Logicality)
Face Your Fears (Moxiety)
One Call Away (Prinxiety)
Be My Cat (Prinxiety)
A Cat For Patton (Logicality)
It's Not Your Fault (Logicality)
Saving A Stranger (Logicality)
Don't Mess With An Emo's Hoodie (Moxiety)
Little Acts Of Bravery (Prinxiety)
Three Letters (Prinxiety)
Bring Me To Life (Prinxiety)
The Mistletoe Trap (Logicality)
Avoiding The Mistletoe Trap (Prinxiety)
Chocolate Solves Everything (Moxiety)
Mr. Sanders and Mr. Sanders (Logicality)
The Poem (Logince)
Growing Up (No Ship)
The Chair (Prinxiety)
News and Announcements Book
Rain (No Ship)
It Isn't Easy (Moxiety & Logince)
Fall Into Me (Prinxiety)
If I Could Tell Him (Logicality)
Forever (Logicality)
Freeze Your Brain (Slight Prinxiety)
Little Star (Moxiety)
New Name + New Cover
New Sanders Sides Book!
New York (No Ship)
Every Villain Starts Somewhere (No Ship)
Roller Coaster (Royality)
Intrusive Thoughts (Platonic Moxiety)
Wings (No Ship)
Photograph (Prinxiety)
Photograph 2 (Royality/Prinxiety)
"Photograph" Short Story!! (New Book)
Photograph 3 (Prinxiety/Anxceit)
Roman's Façade (Platonic LAMP)
One Question (Moxiety)
Roses (Logince)
On The Borderline (Moxiety/Logince)
In Your Space (Analogical)
We Met In The City Of Dreams (Analogical)
Childhood Promise 2 (Prinxiety)
Falling Out Of Love (Moxiety)
We Met In The City Of Dreams 2 (Analogical)
Sleep-Deprived (Logicality)
We Met In The City Of Dreams 3
New Book! Navigating Feelings
The Last Unicorn (Prinxiety)
Searching For Happiness (Royality)
The Boy With The Purple Headphones (Moxiety/Royality)
Ashes (Moxiety)
Somebody To Love Deceit (Moceit)
The Mirror (Some Logicality)
Pumpkin Spice And Everything Nice (Remile)
Keep On Breathin' (Moxiety)
An Original Story?!
Home Alone (Logicality)
Dying In LA (Analogical)
Good For You (Moxiety)
Sparked By The Sparkle (Prinxiety)
In A Heartbeat (Royality)
Can't Be Erased (Logince)
A Stormy Saviour (No Ship)
Don't Stop Me Now (Royality)
The Upside Of Being Stood Up (Remile)
Just Another Day (Analogical)
An Important Author's Note

Childhood Promise (Prinxiety)

1.9K 113 218
By Creatively-Anxious

Human AU
TW: Some homophobia

At seven years old, Roman and Virgil were inseparable friends. There wasn't a place the two boys wouldn't go, so long as they had each other. Their parents were happy that their children were so close, and that they brought each other happiness in a special way that couldn't exactly be pinpointed or explained.

The two even had a "their own" tree in Virgil's enormous backyard. They went and sat or laid under that large oak tree for hours, not minding the occasionally muddy dirt, or the bugs that would crawl on them, and maybe bite them. At this young age, their life was happy, and simple.

But one day, upon hearing Roman's "signature" knock, Virgil opened his front door excitedly to find an upset boy rather than the bright, energetic one that he knew well.

"Ro? Are you okay?" Virgil asked. His quiet, higher-pitched child voice didn't match the adult-like concern in his tone.

"Can we go to our tree?" Roman asked, dodging the question. He didn't even look up at Virgil now, nor when they sat down beside each other at their tree.

"Ro...I'm scared..." Virgil whined quietly. "Why are you sad?"

"I'm moving, Virge..." Roman replied after a while, wiping his tears with the sleeve of his red knit sweater.

"Moving?! You can't move!!"

"I know! But Mommy and Daddy said they can't stop it because of their jobs..." He sniffled, pulling his knees to his chest, sighing slightly. "I'm sorry..."

"B-But we were going to grow up together...like do-doing things at school with each other...a-and falling in love with people and go on double dates and stuff like they do in those Hallmark movies Dad likes...you're my only friend don't leave, please!"

Roman looked over at him. Both boys had tears streaming down their faces rapidly, and at this point, they didn't even try to wipe them away.

"H-How about...when we're bigger, we can go on a date...and make up for the years I've been gone...?" Roman suggested quietly, sniffling as he spoke. "We could find each other again, somehow..."

"R-Really?" Virgil looked up at his slightly taller friend, fidgeting a bit with his sweater paws.

Roman nodded, "I promise, Virgil."

With nearly identical slight smiles, the two embraced each other, not ever wanting to let go.

10 Years Later

Growing up without Roman by his side was hard for Virgil. Being close to only one person for so long, then losing them had their disadvantages, such as making it harder for Virgil to socialize and befriend others, not wanting to lose them just like he lost Roman. He walked through the halls of his high school as an outcast, emo, and unfortunately, perfect bully-material.

He had just walked outside of the school at the end of the day when he felt it. Two large hands grip his shoulders tightly, and his body tensed with anticipation of pain. Sure enough, he was forcefully turned around and pressed into the brick outer wall of the school. His eyes slowly met with Mason Moore, a football player who was only a grade ahead of Virgil, making him a popular and rather rude Senior.

"There you are, rainbow boy. You've been avoiding me all day, haven't you?"

Had he? Virgil really hadn't noticed. At this point, he didn't even try to fight back or even attempt to stay away from Mason, at least, not intentionally. He just took whatever Mason threw at him now, enduring every insult and hit he was given.

"Answer me, homo!" Mason shook Virgil roughly, causing his head to slam into the wall a few times. he stifled a groan of pain, and said, "No...didn't mean to..."

"Didn't mean to, eh? Just like my fist totally didn't mean to make contact with your face!" Just as Mason pulled his arm back to take a swing at Virgil, two hands pulling him off Virgil stopped the senior from going any farther.

"You must have forgotten, Mr. Moore, that you are still on school property," the teacher said, letting him go as soon as he was a few inches away from the anxious teen.

"I-I didn't do anything! Virgil tried to hit me! I was trying to defend myself!" Mason spluttered, making a weak argument.

"Ah yes, the teenager you had pinned to the wall attempted to hit you. I'll have you know that I can review the cameras and if this information of yours doesn't check out—"

"Okay, okay!" Mason said, giving up.

The teacher smirked in triumph. He made sure Virgil was alright afterwards, and the teen politely declined when he offered to walk him to the nurse. So, as Logan Sanders, one of Virgil's favorite teachers, led Mason to the office, the anxious teen walked home, turning up his music louder than usual.

Upon reaching his driveway, he was confused and rather amazed as he laid his eyes on a new, cherry red Camaro just sitting there, practically begging for attention and to have people fawn over it.

With a small sigh, he walked inside the house, looking around rather suspiciously. Surely the car wasn't a present from his parents, right? It wasn't anywhere near his birthday, and as far as he knew, there were no holidays going on. His grades weren't so hot either, so it definitely couldn't be a gift.

Virgil sat his backpack down on one of the dining room chairs, pulling out a beat-up paperback book, one that he had rescued from a yard sale years ago, and going outside. He walked to the old oak tree, sitting under it and curling up a bit with his book. He was so into it that he didn't even hear any twigs snap, alerting him of a presence hovering above him. However, when a shadow crossed over his book, obstructing the sunlight that was streaming down on him, he finally looked up, gasping loudly in surprise as he realized someone was there.

"I...who are you...?" Virgil questioned, eyes scanning over the person's face. Suddenly, he knew exactly who this was. "Roman?!" Abandoning his book, Virgil shot up from his spot under the tree. Even now, Roman was still taller than him, and his bright and dazzling smile hadn't changed at all over the years.

Virgil's eyes flicked from Roman's warm brown eyes to the large bouquet of red roses he held, in complete disbelief.

"I never forgot my promise..." Roman said, his voice much deeper now since the last time Virgil heard it. But that sweetness was still there, as well as his confidence, the same confidence Virgil once had as well, but had lost years ago.

"Only...only you would remember to keep that promise," Virgil managed out, finding it hard to keep his eye contact with his old friend. As a child, he of course never really noticed his best friend's looks, but now, he couldn't help but notice just how handsome Roman really was.

Roman chuckled. "That's true...but it seemed you remembered my promise too..."

"O-Oh..." Virgil looked down, his face turning bright red. Though he hated to admit it, over the years, he never forgot Roman's promise...ever. And some days, when he felt like all hope in his life was gone, he focused on Roman's promise. It may seem stupid to anyone else, but that little shred of hope helped him more than he would like to ever admit.

"...Do you still wish to go on a date with me, even after all this time...?" Roman asked, softly. He held the bouquet out to Virgil, almost like an offering, and the anxious teen hesitantly took it, catching he sweet smell of the flowers as he did so.

"I...Uh..." Virgil bit his lip. It was moments like this that he wished he could have his old confidence again, rather than the anxiety he constantly felt now.

"Hey, it's alright, okay? Take your time and think about it, Vee," Roman said, giving him a small and reassuring smile.

Virgil nodded. It was hard to even wrap his mind around situation. Just barely an hour ago, he was being pushed around by a bully. But now, he was standing in front of a very attractive guy, who just so happened to be his childhood friend. And...he had a chance to go on a date with him. How did he get so lucky?

Virgil took a deep breath, looking up at Roman slowly. "...Yes, I'll go on a date with you..."

*•*•*•*•*

Should this have a part 2?

Also, band camp is starting soon, kiddos, so that means less time to update. I'm going to try to update this book, as well as my others as much as I can.

Oh, and I used a prompt for this. It's at the top of the chapter.

Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 9.3K 101
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
213K 4.5K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
275K 17.4K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...