When Stars are Hidden

De farslimah

COMPLETED ✔️✔️ Excerpt. *** "I won't bite. . .yet. . .I promise" He said with a teasing smirk. Walking in t... Mai multe

COPYRIGHT
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
A/N
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
A/N
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
The Ring
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (Part A)
Chapter 40 (Part B)
Extra
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55(The Beginning of The End)
THIS MUST STOP✊🏿

Chapter 23

3.8K 356 20
De farslimah

Naima's birthday was on Friday.
She was still adamant she didn't want anyone to know about it.
It really wasn't a big deal.

Normally, she would just pray and thank Allah for adding another year to her life and Aunt Faiza would give her a present. Which she'd accept after a long argument about not needing any gifts.
Zain would take her out, wherever she wanted.
That was the only fun thing she actually did on her birthday.

No big party or anything. She had made Zain promise her to never tell anyone when her birthday was and always avoided the topic when asked.

She knew Dean and Belinda's birthday. Mostly because they celebrated it together.
Okay so maybe she found it on Instagram.

Yes, she was a big hypocrite for doing that.
Belinda's birthday was 13th March. She had turned 18 that year.
Dean's birthday was on the 5th of May.
He had also turned 18 as well.
But the only person Naima couldn't find was Tawfiq. And her investigation slash stalking skills were really great. On another whole level.

For example. She knew almost everything about all Zain's supposed 'friends', who were girls. All she needed was maybe a first name and bam...Facebook and Instagram made things really easy these days.

Tawfiq was nowhere on social media-literally. Okay so she only had Facebook and WhatsApp, personally. But you get her point.
WhatsApp, he was on. But not Facebook or Instagram or Twitter or Snapchat. No where.

But who wasn't on Facebook?

Since she couldn't find his account anywhere, she didn't know his birthday to at least wish him.

But she was positive his birthday would be between June and September. . .summer.
Since no one said anything about his birthday when they were in school.
Belinda was the exception. She knew her birthday but Naima had made her swear on everything not to tell the boys.
They would make a big deal from it. Like what they did on Belinda's birthday. It was extraordinary. She was never going to forget that day.

She had her last lectures at 11am on Fridays. Her roommate, Hasia, who reported a day after Naima, was really cool. She was also doing Biomedical Science and a Muslim. No offense to anyone but she was really happy she was a good Muslim at that. She didn't want a roommate who always had boys in their room. Muslim or not. I won't judge but I wouldn't feel comfortable with that.
Naima had thought that stuff in the room belonged to Hasia but she had said she didn't own anything in the room. Yes, they were well off, but a lot of stuff in the room wasn't particularly necessary to survive school.
Naima had come to a conclusion that it either belonged to the previous room members or it came along with her scholarship.
Wasn't that getting out of hand?

But whom ever arranged all this, was really a wonderful person. And Naima wished to one day meet the old lady who had helped her out a lot. She was basically an angel walking on Earth.

Any time, Naima would seek her out though, the school would tell her, she had traveled or wasn't fit to receive visitors because she was sick or something thus unavailable.
Naima didn't even know her name. And they refused to tell her. Something about it being her 'principle'.

"Naima?"
Naima heard Hasia call out as they both got ready for Jummah.
She was almost done in the washroom, so she closed the tap and came out.

"Yes?" She replied.

"Why not go to another Masjid today? Ya know, change of scenery?" She asked as she started to apply pomade on her legs.

"Um. . .sure. Where do you suggest?" Naima quirked a brow.

"The one by the mall." She suggested.

She needed to go to the mall anyways so she could go right after Jummah prayers.

"Oh okay then." Naima was wearing her dress when her phone rang.

She checked the caller Id and it was Zain. She smiled. Obviously, he was calling because it was because of her birthday.
Naima excused herself and answered the call when she was alone.

"Hel. . ." She wasn't even allowed to finish talking than Zain screamed in her ears.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAIMA!!" He screamed so loud that she had to take the phone away from her ear before they started to bleed.
Thank God she was alone.

"Zain! Why are you screaming? You could have just screamed to the whole world at that." Naima said, rubbing her abused ear.

"Ouch. A brother can't wish her only sister anymore? You forgot your amazing brother so soon after you went to Boston?" He gasped incredulously.

"You didn't need to shout." She sighed.
"Anyways, forget it. Thank you for wishing me though." She said sincerely.

"You are welcome. I pray Allah adds more years to your life and I pray Allah gives you a good husband quickly so you can go away with your annoying self." He chuckled.

"You gonna miss me when I'm gone. . .we all know that. You'll be begging me to visit you."

"Continue dreaming. . .Habiba." he laughed.

"Don't call me that. That's not my name." I Naima frowned even though he couldn't see it.

"Well, Tawfiq does, so why can't I?" He voice fell in a sad tone.

"He is just stubborn." Naima shortly addly.

"Ohw. . .we can't go anywhere today because we are both so so far away." He muttered.

"It doesn't matter. . .it's okay."

"Sure, so how is uni?" he asked.

"It's okay. Stressful but okay." The course could be really stressful and considering she hadn't been there for more than a month.

"You just started less than 2 weeks ago and you are saying stressful already. You lazy brat." He insulted.

"But it is. . ." She cried.

"Whatever you say. Lazy soul."

Hasia came to her and pointed at her wrist signaling they were getting late.

"I'm going for Jummah. So I will talk to you later." Naima explained.

"Sure. Mom said she will call you later. Enjoy your birthday, Naima. Love ya. Salaam."

"Love you too. Salaam." The line went dead and Naima rushed to wear her hijab.

She wore a golden brown and blue-black dress with lace at the ends. Hasia went with a white and black abaya

"Are you ready?" Hasia asked.
Naima took her purse from her bed.
She picked up a pair of sandals from her shoe rack and walked to Hasia by the door.

"Ready." She replied.

"Let's go then. We don't want to miss the sermon." She said and they both walked out of the room together and locked the door behind them.

〰️

The masjid by the mall was big. Maybe not the biggest in Boston, but still big.
It had a nice structure too.

After prayers, the two girls went to the mall. Hasia was ecstatic when Naima revealed that she already wanted to go there as well.

She had thought she would have to force Naima to go with her to the mall.
For just going to the mall, Hasia was a bit over excited.

Naima had wanted to get herself a new pair of sandals but she didn't know where to start looking from.
Hasia had excused herself to the washroom, leaving Naima to herself.
She started walking around the area when the PA system in the mall started to play "In Shaa Allah" by Maher Zain.
Her favorite song.

The mosque was owned by an Arab-Muslim businessman and since it was a Friday, it was not a big surprise to Naima.

She loved that particular song a lot. She had listened to the song a lot after her mom died. The lyrics to it were really uplifting during trying times.

Don't despair and never lose hope,

cause Allah is always by your side.

In Shaa Allah, In Shaa Allah, In Shaa Allah, you'll find a way.

The song continued playing and it brought an unknowing smile to her face.

How long was Hasia going to take in the washroom?

The song came to an end and someone started talking through the speakers.

"Hello, people of Boston. It's a wonderful Friday. I do hope everyone is enjoying it. There is someone in this mall, someone dear to me, someone I have had really awkward meet ups with." The speaker chuckled. "But I wouldn't take it back for anything in the world. The light to our little group of friends. We want her to know that we love her on this special day. You know who you are."

Naima wanted to believe it was for her but no one knew her birthday. Belinda did but it was highly unlikely she was behind it and the person sounded like a man.
It was a nice gesture, though.

People were aww-ing and cooing  at the gesture. Someone was on the phone and was asking the person on the other side if it was meant for her.

Wow, people actually wanted to be that person.

Hasia came out of the washroom-finally-and Naima asked her if she had heard the announcement from the PA.

"What? I didn't hear anything. What did they say?" She blinked.

"It was something about someone but I don't know. It doesn't matter." Naima shrugged.
It didn't matter.

They passed by the cinema in the mall. They were currently showing a few movies and one seemed to catch the attention of Hasia.

"Ohhhh. . .they are showing 'Gifted' in a few minutes. Please let's watch. Please!" Hasia cried out in a plea.

It couldn't be so bad, right?
It looked nice too so why not.

A birthday treat.

"Sure. Let's check it out." Naima smiled.

She gave Naima a coy smile.
Naima offered to get the tickets and popcorn because Hasia had to make a phone call.

She got two popcorn and one coke because Hasia didn't like coke.
She placed the ticket in her purse since her hands were full.

She made her way to the cinema room entrance to wait for Hasia but she hadn't got there yet.

Naima placed the popcorn and drink on a table by the entrance. She took out her phone and texted Hasia.

"Text with Hasia"

Naima: Where are you? The movie is about to start.

Hasia🎉: Go on ahead. I have to make an urgent call. Tell the ticket guy my name and a code 12347, when I come I will tell him and he will let me in.

Me: okay then. Hurry up though.

Naima handed the two tickets to the man guarding the entrance and told the him of Hasia's name and the code. He just smiled like he knew her and opened the door for her to enter.
Naima picked up the popcorn and drink.
As she walked inside, she noticed it was really quiet and dark too dark for a normal cinema hall. She chose a seat in the middle of the hall.

No one was there yet, only her.
Naima was a naturally paranoid person and situations like these sent her mind into overdrive. She wasn't about to get killed by a Zombie clown in the middle of the cinema.

See what she meant by paranoid?

Naima was about to get up and go because the movie itself hadn't even started. Maybe that's why no one was there. It was also too scary. And there could be zombies lying low waiting to eat her brain.

She got up from her seat and before she could take a step forward, the movie started to play.

Now it decided to play?

The first thing she saw on the screen in bold letters were,

Directed by Dean.

Dean? Gifted was directed by someone named Dean?
The Dean she knew would have been really excited about how his name was famous. He wouldn't stop bugging everyone about how his name was in Supernatural.

Whoever this other Dean was, was honestly like the Dean she knew because his name had been on the screen for about 2 minutes already.

Executive Director: Belinda.

Okay, so now things were getting a bit weird.

Video content: Mrs. Faiza Abdul Salam.

Producer: Zain.

Effects: Hasia.

Created: Tawfiq.

What was going on?

Why were here friends and family names being shown on the screen?

Who was doing that?
Unanswerable questions plagued her brain. Zain, Aunt Faiza, Belinda, Hasia, Dean, Tawfiq? What was all this?
Why was no one still coming inside the cinema room?

Was she hallucinating?

Cast: Mostly Naima.

After the weird intro that had Naima questioning her sight and sanity, a picture appeared on the screen. It was a picture of her, as a baby, she knew because she had seen that picture before. A soft piano theme began playing on the background.
Someone who sounded familiar started to speak.

20 years ago, you were born.

A wonderful daughter, sister and friend.

Other pictures started to slide by, some were short videos of her, others were funny pictures. One of the pictures caught her eye.
It was with her mom. They were at an ice cream shop and she asked someone to take a picture of us. She remembered it clearly.
She had ice cream all over her mouth and gave a funny look as the picture was taken.

The voice continued.

Today, we thank Allah for giving us you, exactly 20 years ago.

Some of us watched you grow, others like me you met when growing up.

But In Shaa Allah, we will all be there with you till the end.

Whether you know it or not, we will always be there for you.

We all love you. Have a happy birthday.

As the person was talking, more slides had passed by. Some were of her with Belinda, Tawfiq, Dean and Zain, others with Aunt Faiza. Was she seeing things correctly?

Do 20 years old hallucinate on their birthdays?

The last slide finally came up and it showed a love sign at the end.

Naima heard footsteps and a few people began to enter the cinema.

Hasia was amongst and made it towards Naima.

"I missed the long ad they do. Thank God." She released a breath.

Naima didn't say anything and she also didn't tell her what I saw. She might think Naima was going mad or dreaming too much. But she knew what she saw.

Maybe it was Zain's doing?

It could be you're also going mad.

After the movie, they both went back straight to their room, exhausted.

At around 5pm, Hasia went out again in new clothes, claiming she had somewhere important to go.

Belinda texted her like exactly two minutes later telling Naima to meet up with her.

She instructed Naima firmly to wear the pink-ish dress she had made her buy for herself just a week ago.
It was nice so she had given in into buying it and thus wasting money.
Aunt Faiza normally sent her money through the bank account she had created a few months ago. The scholarship too came with a monthly allowance she was to get.

Belinda texted her the location for them to meet her there. Naima give the location to the Uber drive, who had told her he couldn't get exactly there but close enough for her to walk there.

Where was that place anyways?

When she got there after walking a short distance, Belinda was nowhere to be seen.

It was just a lake. It was really beautiful surrounded by vibrant fully green grasses.
The sun was about to set so everything was much more breathtaking.

Naima had no idea there was a place like this in Boston.

Where was Belinda?

Or was this a wrong address?
Why would Belinda want them to meet at a lake?

After taking in the scenery for a bit, Naima decided to return back and go and look for Belinda.
That's when she spotted her coming from a distance.

Hasia was coming behind her, followed by her were Dean, Zain and Aunt Faiza.

Naima gasped in shock.
What were they all doing here?

They didn't, did they?

She covered her mouth to hold back her cries of surprise.

Tears started to fall. They were all here. Everyone.
Everyone she cared about.

How did they all know?

They came to her side and Aunt Faiza stood in front of and wiped the tears. She smiled to her.

"Happy Birthday, Naima." They all chorused.

"And don't cry. Birthday girls as old as you, don't cry." Zain teased

Then they all started to sing the Happy birthday song.

Happy Birthday to you.

Happy birthday dear Naima

Happy Birthday to you.

Naima couldn't hold back the tears.

Stupid tear ducts.

Tawfiq wasn't there.
She felt her smile fading at his absence
Maybe he was busy with something.

A lot of other people aren't here, Naima.
But of course you'd notice his absence.

Naima shook her head slightly.

That was when she saw him coming towards everyone with a cake, singing In Shaa Allah by Maher Zain.

He could sing?

Naima's mouth fell open slightly in shock.

He knew it was her favorite song.

He was wearing an ash blazer-it wasn't a surprise, he loved his ash color-over a white shirt and a scarf around his neck which was not tied but left to hang on both sides of his neck.
He was in black jeans and a brown shoe.
He was wearing clear glasses. Not shades but glasses. They looked prescribed.

Naima didn't know he wore glasses.
Ya Allah. . .his voice.
It was amazing.
MaaShaaAllah.
He had never heard anyone sing so beautifully.
He could honestly beat Maher Zain for his money anytime.

. . .and darkness all around,

you feel so helpless,

you can't see which way to go,

don't despair and never lose hope, cause Allah is always by your side.

In Shaa Allah, In Shaa Allah, In Shaa Allah,

you'll find your way. . .

He sang and the tears wouldn't stop.

He knew how much she loved the song because she had let it slip one time.
No one seemed to be around when he sang. It was like only her. It felt like he was singing just for her.

He placed the cake on a table that she hadn't realize was there previously.

He was breathtaking. Maa Shaa Allah.

Naima had to force and look away.
He came in front of her after putting down the cake and Naima had to look up at him.

"Happy Birthday, Habiba." he said with the most genuine smile she had ever seen.

That boy was going to be the death of her.

⚜️⚜️⚜️
#VCS
VOOOOTTTTEEEEEE😗😗
Salam❤️

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

3.5M 208K 59
I walked down the white hallways filled with the smell of bleach and chlorine. The lights above were too bright, too luminescent. I can't think. I ca...
103K 5.7K 32
AND WE CREATED YOU IN PAIRS (78:8) UNDER EDITING Note: IF YOU SEE ANY MISTAKE/ERROR PLEASE NOTIFY ME IN THE COMMENTS Thanks😘 _______________________...
192K 17.2K 53
(Featured by wattpad) She was lost in her own thoughts.She felt like there was no one who could heal her wound. Her tears were falling from her eyes...
108K 4K 65
"Go straight at the end of right side you will see a red and black car, at the back of the car you will find something." It was from that unknown nu...