Better together (a clace fan...

Autorstwa little_squirrel_234

Jace mysteriously is found dead at the entrance to the institute. Clary is so upset. What happens when he mys... Więcej

Characters
This cant be happening
Feeling better
First day back to school
The institute
Grant
The day it happened
The greenhouse
Takis
School
The fashion show
A big suprise
The calls
A very busy day
Payback
The trip
Telling everyone
Girls night
A day with jace
Leaving for Italy
Italy
Prank wars
The next day
Dreams and Promises
Moving day
The note
Feeling sick
I hate the flu
Where am I?
I need you
The rescue
Recovery
What do I do?
a new friend
Some huge news and of course
Dress shopping
The beach
A day at the beach
Clary's day
A wedding problem
The wedding
The honeymoon
Herondale manor
Back to New York
He wants me back?
The castle
Coronation day
The missing cup and sword
The faerie court
Telling some big news
Questions
The letters
Whats it gonna be?
Shadowhunter academy
Picking out the nursery
How?
Please jem?
Who did this?
2 days
Running out of time
I'm coming Clary
Waking up
Going Back to New York
A disney marathon!
She's coming
The bet
A surprise
New and old aquaintances
The truth comes out
A werewolf problem
Poor Wolves
A wolf prison
The auction
A plan
A visitor
The interview and photo shoot
The Jace Journal
Going back to the castle
In the begining
Go home!
Ignored
Logans birthday
Ascension Day
Jerk
Looking for clary
Lightwood family dinner
Sneak peak
Protect her
Vacation
Graces announcement party
Grace leaves
It hurts
Parabatai
The dinner
The horse show
News from mom
The questioning
Camping
California
Queen for a day
The beach
Donuts and birthday presents
Tags
Sorry guys
Alices birthday
Aniversary
Going home
Meetings
Isabelle and Simons wedding
Sorry guys
Siblings
King for a day
Jace gets sick
Jaces Birthday
A declaration
I need an answer
Telling the family
a few days before the wedding
Jonathan and alices wedding
Good news and bad news
Lucy
Baby
Mom
Coming home
Bad news
Grace
Grace meets family
MAGNUS!
Bad news
Graces return party
Neice or nephew?
Los angeles
Seeing family again
Meeting with Aubrey
Meeting with the king and queen
Pack
Midnight
Dont hate me please
Parents
What to do?
Shoping with ash
Work
Introductions
Night
Family
London
Gender reveal
Christmas eve
Christmas
Jaces turn
Meeting with a verlac
1,2...345
Missing
Party
Doctors visits and shopping trips
The day before
Home again
Disneyland
A break in
Hawaii pt. 1
Hawaii part 2
Alice leaves

A sleeping clary

194 10 1
Autorstwa little_squirrel_234

Clary POV

I'm in mine and Jace's Bedroom. I can see myself and both Jace and Jonathan sitting on the side of the bed next to me. But if that's me, how am I here? Jace and Jonathan are both looking down at me. I am lying on the bed. "Please wake up soon Clary, we need you back," Jace says. "But I am awake. I'm right here" I say. He doesn't look up from me lying on the bed. They both look sad and worried. "Please be Okay," Jonathan says. "But I am okay. Look up. Look at me. I'm right here don't you see me" I yell. They still look down at me lying still on the bed. Maybe they can't see or hear me. Maybe this me is not even real at all.

I see Jace get up off of the bed. He walks to the closet. I follow him in. He goes up to his level. I follow him up. He grabs something small off of one of the shelves but I can't tell what it is yet. He puts it in his pocket and goes back down the stairs. He goes back to our bed. He pulls out the thing from his pocket. "It's time she gets this back," he says. What is he talking about? Get what back? He lifts my head and puts something around my neck. I look down and see a necklace that has appeared on me lying on the bed and me I am right now's neck. The same necklace Jace gave me for my birthday years ago and I never take it off. I finally have it back.

The door opens and Chrissie comes in. She sees me lying on the bed but not talking and she jumps on the bed. She looks down at me and lays down and sets her head on me and whines. "Chrissie I'm alright I promise," I say. She looks up and her ears perk up. Maybe she can hear me. Maybe even see me. "Chrissie can you find me," I ask. She looks around and sees me. She smiles her cute doggie smile and barks. "Good girl. I'm alright, see? Jace and Jonathan just can't see me. I'm just trying to fight off whatever was given to me in that body so I was put like this. I can see the others but they can't see me" I say. She barks. "Chrissie stop. There's nothing there. You are barking at a wall" Jace says annoyed at my dog. Her eyes stay looking at me and she barks again and sets her paw on my arm. "Chrissie stop you are going to hurt clary," he says. "But she's not are you, Chrissie. She just sees me and is trying to tell you but you won't listen. Stop worrying. Stop thinking in general and listen to me, Jace!" I yell.

Jace shoves her off of the bed. But she just comes and stands by me where Jace thought she was barking at the wall. "What's wrong Chrissie," Jonathan asks. She whines and sits. "Jace, I guess she wants us to be completely quiet or pay attention to her," he says. They both go quiet and look at her. "Jace, Jon, I'm here. I'm alright you can't see me talk but I am here" I say. "Why do we need to be quiet? I don't hear anything but silence. This is ridiculous Jonathan" Jace says impatiently. Chrissie blows through her nose and makes a sound like she's both frustrated and annoyed. "Jace be quiet. Don't say anything don't think about anything. Just shut up!" Jonathan says. Jace glares at him. If looks could kill Jonathan would be on the floor dead for the third time. I hesitate. "Jace, Jon, I'm here. I'm alright. You can't see me talk but I'm right here. I love you both" I say. Jaces eyes widen. "Clary?" he says. "It's me," I say. "Where are you," Jon asks. "I'm here. Right across from you and right next to Chrissie" I say. They both look at me but I know hey can't see me. "But how," Jace asks. "It's hard to explain. I will tell you when I wake up." "When will that be" Jon asks. "I don't know. I'm having to fight whatever the Seelie queen gave me. It's strong. I don't know when I can wake up. I will stay here though. Go about your lives when I'm like this. Come back if you need me. I need to have time to fight it though." "I still want to talk to you and hear your voice even if it is in my head," Jace says. "And I will. Just go do stuff and come back. I will still talk to you both." "I understand. When do you want us to come back next" Jonathan asks? "It doesn't matter. Just give me another few hours or so before you come back." "Why can't we see you," Jace asks. "You can. Right there on the bed. I know you want the me you can hear right now but I can't wake up yet." "Okay. I know. I love you clary. I will be back later" Jonathan says. "Okay. I love you too. I love you both."

I disappear from Chrissie's side and back into my real body on my bed. I have to keep fighting. I can't give up. I have people counting on me. People who love me.

Jace POV

"Clary," I say. I get no response. "Chrissie is she gone," I ask. She walks over to me and licks my hand. She looks at up at me. I guess that means yes. "We should probably give clary some time as she said. We can come back up later in a few hours" Jonathan says. "I guess we should. I just don't want her to wake up and nobody be here" I say. "I'm sure she would let us know if she manages to fight everything off in so little time. Remember what Magnus said, it could be a few hours or a few days we just have to give her time. She can do it. I know she can" he says. I nod and stand up. He does too. We leave our bedroom.

Charlotte and Alice see us. "Is she okay?" they both ask at the same time. "Yeah. The Seelie queen just gave her something really strong to knock her out. She could be out for a while" I say. "We will both go up every few hours to check on her though," Jonathan says. "What about the baby," Alice asks. "We are not sure. Magnus said he could feel her heartbeat but he doesn't know anything else. Whatever clary was given was strong but hadn't reached Grace yet we don't think" I say. They both let out a breath of relief. "Well good," Charlotte says. She goes one way down the hall and I leave the other.

Jonathan POV

As soon as Jace and Charlotte leave, Alice jumps in my arms. I return the hug. "I'm so glad you are okay," she says. "Me too. I didn't know what would happen when the Seelie queen saw me or even Isabelle and Alec. I managed not to die" I say. She let's go and look at me. "That's because you had king Jace with you." I smile. "True."

"I also know something you don't," I say. "And what is that? I know a lot of things" she says. "I know you do. I know when we are going to go to New York though" I say smirking. "When? I have been wanting to know" she says. "Jace said January 7th." "I can't wait. We don't have long. Its December 13th right now. I've always wanted to go to New York. What's better is I get to spend it all with you" she says. "I know. I'm excited too. I'm not staying the night at the institute with the rest of you though" I say. "What? Why not? I thought you were" she says disappointed. " I know. I would but Isabelle and Alec hate me. I understand why though. Its because Sebastian killed their little brother. It's best if I keep my distance." "That's probably a good idea. Where will you stay then?" "Clary and I have already set it up. I am going to stay with our mom in New York. She doesn't live at the institute, so I will be able to keep my distance" I say. "But will I still see you," she asks. I see the worry in her eyes. "Yeah. I will still come to the institute to see you all. I will just sleep at Mom's house. I will go over to the institute when they do" I say. "I want to go with you. I want to be where you are" she says. "Alice, as much as I want you to, you know you can't," I say. I look into her big blue eyes. She puts her hands on her hips. "And why can't I," she says. "Because you know you need to be there when for the baby comes. If you aren't and they need you, I will feel like it's my fault." "I know," she says.

"Jonathan" I hear clarys voice say. "Clary," I ask. "Clary? Jon, your sister isn't here. She's upstairs fighting off what the queen gave her. She's asleep" Alice says. "No, I know that. What is it, Clary?" I ask. Alice looks at me like I'm crazy. "Jonathan I am having trouble breathing. I managed to protect it from Grace but it went to my chest and stopped in my lungs and heart. I need you to help" I hear clary say. I look at Alice. "I'm sorry. I have to go. I will see you later I promise" I say. "So you are leaving me," she asks. "I have to. I'm sorry. I have to go now" I say. She rolls her eyes.

I turn and run down the hall to where the stairs are that lead to her room. I stop at the bottom of them and lookup. "Jonathan we don't have much time. I am having trouble breathing now just talking to you like this. We have to go, now" she says urgently. "Why did you choose to get me? You could have gotten Jace" I say. "You are the first one I saw. You were the closest to the bedroom. We have to go now. We don't have much time" I hear her say. I nod and run up the stairs. When I open the door I see clays chest struggling to breathe. "What do I need to do," I ask. "Try pushing on my chest to try to free it. If that doesn't work try something else" she says. "Like what," I ask. I don't get a response so I guess she went back inside her body. I go up to her. "I'm sorry if I hurt you clary" I mumble. I push hard on her chest to try and free it of whatever is stopping her from breathing. She starts breathing normally again. I let out a breath of relief I didn't know I was holding. "Oh, clary don't scare me like that. You need to be careful but still fight against it" I say. She just keeps sleeping and looking normal for the state she's in now. I turn and walk out. Before I close the door I hear "thank you Jonathan" in my head. I smile and close it.

I would do anything for my sister even if it means hurting the one girl I have fallen in love with, and the one girl who other than my family who loves me for me and doesn't care about the whole Sebastian thing. I mean she knows all about it, at least I think she does, but she hasn't mentioned it.

I see Alice in the hall. "I'm sorry I left you. There was something I really had to do though" I say. "And what was so important you had to leave me? Am I not important to you?" "What? No, of course, you are important to me. I just knew somehow Clary needed me. It's hard to explain but I just knew. I care about you so much Alice." She nods. "Alice, come with me to my room. I have something I really want to ask you" I say. She comes with me to my room.

"What's this about Jonathan," she asks. I shut the bedroom door. "Alice, do you know about the whole Sebastian thing," I ask her. I go to sit on the bed. She sits across from me. She looks down. "I do. I don't care about that though. You have changed. You're not him anymore Jonathan. You are Jonathan Christopher Morganstern. That whole Sebastian thing, that was not your fault either, it was all Valentine's. I have looked past all of it." I don't say anything for a while. "So, you don't care about everything that he had done? Even though it was me who did it?" "It wasn't you. It was Sebastian. It was the demon blood. It was all valentine. I do care, but its all in the past. I know there were some things that he did that I may not know about that I probably don't want to. I have looked past it all. I have been able to see the real you. The one without the demon blood who loves and cares for his family and the people he loves. I love this you Jonathan, the one standing in front of me. The one with the beautiful green eyes and white-blond hair." "I love you, Alice. More than anything I do. You know it would be almost impossible for us to be together" I say. "Is it really true that shadowhunters can't be in love with a mundane?" she asks. "It is. Unless you decided to become a shadowhunter and drank from the mortal cup and made it through ascension. Ascension is dangerous though. You could die and I don't want to take that risk" I say. She just looks at me with her pretty blue eyes. "But isn't there anything you can do?" she asks. "Not that I know of. That rule has been around since shadowhunters have started existing. Even Clary and Jace won't be able to break that rule. I could also give up being a Shadowhunter" I say. "I would never ask you to do that," she says sounding shocked that I would even suggest it. "It's not a big part of my life. I have only been back alive for almost 2 months and only been demon hunting with Jace twice. Don't get me wrong I loved it but it's not my life like it is all other shadowhunters." She nods.

"Did you tell anyone about us?" she asks. "Only clary. She was excited actually. She already could tell I liked you. She didn't know about you. She was the one who told me to talk to you and tell you that I liked you. As far as I know not even Jace knows." "Oh. I didn't know she knew. I'm surprised she was okay with it. I mean I'm a servant and you are the queens' brother." "I was surprised too. Have you told anyone" I ask? "No. I have kept us a secret. Even from Charlotte and Oliver who are my best friends. I guess I could tell them but I don't know how they would react to it all. I never thought you'd love me or even like me. I never thought you'd see me any more than your sisters' main servant" she says. "At first it took me a while to get used to the castle and seeing everyone. And having servants. When you first came into my room you were nice to me. You didn't treat me badly like anyone else would." "That's because your sister told me to. She told me you were alive. At first, I didn't know what to think. She told me you would need clothes to have since you would be living here from now on. I went and got them. When I was walking to your room clary and Jace walked out of your room. She was smiling and looked happy. When I got outside your door I hesitated before going in. When I got in and saw you I wasn't scared. I mean I was slightly but I'm not anymore." "I was too. I wasn't expecting someone like you." "What do you mean by that," she asks. "I mean I was expecting a small girl in scrubs and not as pretty as you are. When you came in you were dressed in a short faded pink dress, not like clary wears but still pretty. Your hair was half up. When you saw me you put everything away without saying a word. I just watched you. I thought you were one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. When you finished you turned and just looked at me. You game me a small sweet smile. Then you walked out without a word." "How do you remember exactly what I looked like? That was a while ago. I don't even remember all of that" she says. "I just do," I say. "Uh-huh that's not vague at all," she says.

She looks over and out of the window. "I need to go make sure the dinner is ready and set it out for you two. I will see you later Jonathan" she says. She stands up. She bends down and gives me a kiss on the cheek before walking out.

I wait a while then leave the room. "There you are," I hear Jace say from behind me, "let's go to dinner then we can go back to clary." With that, we both go to the dining hall.

I fill up my plate and look at Jace. "There's something I should probably tell you," I say. I'm not ready to face Jace about Alice, so I will just tell him about clary. He just looks at me. "When I was in the hall at the bottom of the stairs talking to Alice and I heard clary say my name." "Out loud," he asks. "No, in my head like last time. She told me she was having trouble breathing. She said she needed help. She said the virus had gotten trapped in her lungs and heart keeping her from breathing. I fixed the problem." "Why didn't she come to get me," he asks sounding jealous. "She said she would have but I was the first person she saw." He nods and we both eat.

"My hand still hurts from where she slapped it," I say after a while. "Mine too. Even now I'm afraid to touch it even though she's not here. She could be here right now and we would never know" he says. I hear clarys laugh in my head. "Oh, I know. Good, maybe you learned your lesson. I can't stay in here long since this is far from the bedroom and where my body is. I just came to check on you both. Come see me when you finish eating. I have to go back now. See you soon." Then we don't hear her voice anymore. "Okay, we have to stay as far away from her cinnamon rolls as possible since we know she can come down here. I don't want her coming after me when she eventually wakes up" I say. "Agreed. I love her but she scares me sometimes" Jace says. I laugh and finish my food. "Me too Jace. She scares me too." "Let's go see her," he says. We both stand up and leave the dining hall.

"Clary," I ask when Jace closes the bedroom door behind us. "I'm here. I managed to spread it all out and separate it all. I may even wake up at some point tomorrow. I'm not sure since I have to get rid of it all but I will try" she says. "I wish there was something we could do to help," Jace says. "I know you do. I have to fight this on my own. I promise to try." "I wish we could see you," I say. "I know. For now, you just have me on the bed. It was really hard for me to go down to the dining hall, so, for now, I will just have to stay in here" she says. "Where are you," Jace asks. "Standing next to the fireplace," she says. I and Jace both go sit on the sofa across the fireplace. "We both miss you," I say. "I know. I wish I could be with you both right now. I wish you could see me in front of you. I love you both" she says. We both smile. "We love you too" I and Jace stay at the same time.

We spend time talking to clary and listening to her. "Well, I am going to bed. Goodnight guys" I say. I hear them both tell me goodnight. I leave the bedroom.

Clary POV

"Is Grace okay?" I ask Jace. "We don't know. When Magnus checked on you after we brought you back he said that whatever the queen had given you hadn't reached her yet" Jace says. "Good. I spread it all out so it's all over my body separated. I will try to destroy it all tonight and tomorrow. I've been trying my best to keep it away from her" I say and he nods. I go sit next to his right. "I'm sitting next to you now." He looks to his left. "Your right," I say. He looks at me but I know he can't see me. "I miss you," he says. "I know. I wish I could be with you. I wish you could see me. I love you" I say. "I love you too," he says. "I will stay up with you until you go to sleep. Then I will go back and try to destroy this horrible virus she gave me" I say. "Can't you just go back to your body and wake up for a little while just so I can hear your voice out loud even for a minute?" He asks. I shake my head but then I realize he can't see me. "No," I say instead, "I wish I could. The virus has taken over everything. It has completely taken over. I have been trying my best. You will just have to wait for me to fix it and kill it off. You will just have to hear me like this" I say. he looks sad and disappointed. "I know Jace, I know."

"I'm Going to go get ready for bed, will you wait for me by my side of the bed," He asks. "Yeah. Go ahead" I say. He goes into the closet and disappears for a while. I go sit on the edge of his side of our huge bed. When he comes out he is in a pair of blue and white pajama pants and a plain white shirt. I move and he sits on his side. I climb onto his lap. "I will stay with you until you fall asleep," I say. "You sound closer than usual," He says. I giggle then say "That's probably because I'm sitting on your lap." He just smirks. I roll my eyes. "And doing what," he asks. "Well, I just rolled my eyes. If you mean what am I doing, I am just sitting here looking at you." "And do I look the same as always," He asks. "No," I say. "What?" He says sounding hurt. "I'm Just kidding. You are as beautiful as always Jace Herondale." He smiles. He yawns. "Go on to bed. I love you" I say. I get off of his lap. "I love you too clary," he says and lies down. He opens his wings. I kiss his cheek and he closes his eyes. I stay next to him until I know he's fast asleep.

I go over to where my body lays next to him. I get back inside and try to fight off this virus the best I can.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.8K 105 10
A 'Mortal Instruments' Fanfiction - My name is Clarissa Morgenstern. All my life I had lived in the Shadowhunter home country of Idris. I loved my li...
697 36 18
Some say that you have a destiny, a destiny that no matter how hard you may try, you can't escape. What's written is written and there is no avoidin...
2K 38 17
Five years ago, Imogen arranged Jace's marriage to Isabeau Dragonway, after Clary turned down his marriage proposal twice. Jace and Isabeau met and h...
9.5K 324 41
Alessandra, is a four year old shadowhunter, that is a little more than a shadowhunter, in fact she is more angel than human. Her mother is an angel...