Frisk: God of the World

By HeroicSpectre

It has been one year since Frisk freed the monsters. Asriel is still missing, and dear Chara is still trapped... More

World Master
The Embassy
FPS
Not Dead
Greetings
Idiot
Hopeless Dreams
Revelations
Judgement
Can't Let Go
Not Your Decision
Playtime
Pain Teaches
Confessions
Till the Petals Fall
Favorite Person
Then and Now
Pieces
Phantom Pain
Burn in Despair
Inhuman
Murderer
Break
Players and Pawns
Long Live the Demon
Goodnight
Fortress of Lies
Unsaved Progress
Awakening
Multiplayer
Mirrors
Fun
Not Fun
Keep Moving
Redacted
Goner
Home
Get Out of My Head
Dreams of Power
Demon Tears
Family Reunion
Before the Storm
You Can't Handle the Truth
Heartbreak
Trust Me
The World Must Go On
Double EXP
New Management
Power
God of the World
Good Morning
New Life

Justice

703 23 17
By HeroicSpectre

"You didn't kill anybody this time. But what will you do if you meet a relentless killer?"

-Flowey

#

Nate walked into Jacob's office and sat down. He was sitting behind his desk, and Nora was standing beside him. Nate had no idea what this was about.

"Agent Miller," Jacob said, "I trust you have been keeping Frisk safe?"

As if that were his job. "Of course, Mr. President."

"I assume you've heard that Chara has awakened from her coma, yes?"

"Yes, I know." Where was he going with this?

"That coma was a very curious case," Jacob said. "The doctors found no sign of physical trauma. It was as if her own SOUL had willed its body to stay asleep. They had never seen anything like it."

"Uh, yeah..."

Jacob looked right through him. "Nate, do you have any idea what could have caused this?"

Yes. "No, I have no idea."

Jacob's gaze cut even deeper. Ever since Boaris's rampage, an unspoken tension had grown between them. Although they continued to put on a friendly façade, they both knew the truth. They were no longer on the same side.

"You have been doing your job, haven't you?" Jacob asked. "You're supposed to keep an eye on Frisk, and anyone close to him."

"If I had any clue what was going on with that demon, I'd tell you."

"You were never a good liar, Nate."

He felt a slight chill, but he held his ground.

"Frisk never should have taken that SOUL," Jacob said. "He should have turned it over to us, but instead, he unlawfully appropriated it for himself. If he were anyone else, I would have arrested him already."

He was one to talk about stealing SOULs. "Why? Could we have found a better use for it?"

"Why, yes. I think we could have found a much better use for it than satisfying Frisk's demon fetish."

"Like what?! Another soul to feed Boaris?!"

... I said that out loud...

Jacob raised an eyebrow. "That... is quite an accusation, Agent Miller."

"Oh, shut up!" Nate yelled. "I know what you did!"

He folded his arms. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Nate jumped out of his seat and slammed his fist on Jacob's desk. "What's gotten into you?! The Jacob I knew would never do the things you've done. What would Felicia think if she saw you now?"

"What would she think if she saw what Boaris had done?"

"Don't cover up your own crimes with his! You helped him!"

"Did Frisk tell you that? That kid is dangerously skilled at brainwashing people."

For just a moment, Nate wondered if Jacob was telling the truth. What if Frisk was lying? He could say anything had happened before a reset. How hard could it be...?

No, Nate knew what Jacob did. He felt it, somewhere deep in his soul. He had seen it all himself; he had just forgotten.

"Now," Jacob said, "if you're done with your baseless accusations, let's get back to business. Nate, you will continue to monitor Frisk as usual, but be advised that I'm assigning Nora to investigate the origin of Chara's SOUL. We need to understand exactly what she is, and what she's capable of. Furthermore, it's possible that someone is still in that SOUL. If so, they must be saved from that demon."

He really had no idea, did he? He had no idea it was Felicia's SOUL. Either that, or Jacob was hiding something.

"You think Chara is possessing someone?" Nate asked.

"It's certainly possible," Jacob answered. "The six humans who Asgore murdered were all still conscious as SOULs. I don't see any reason for this mysterious red SOUL to be any different."

Was he right? Could Felicia be saved? Even if she came back, things would never be the same between them. A lot had happened in the thirty years since she died. He hadn't exactly been holding his breath for his old crush to return from the dead. His wife probably wouldn't have appreciated that. Still, he would have given anything to see her again, even just one more time.

Jacob reclined into his chair. "Alright, you have your orders. Get to it. I have a very important announcement to prepare for."

Nora stood at attention and pressed her right fist against her heart, the Military Police salute. "As you command, President Malcom."

When did they all get so formal and serious? Whatever happened to the time they were just kids, playing together?

Nora left the office, and Nate followed her. What did she think of all this? Nate grabbed her sleeve, and she swiped his hand away. "Don't touch me, traitor!"

"Nora..."

"You're lucky you haven't been discharged for that little outburst."

"But it's true, isn't it?"

"Jacob is keeping us all safe."

"What the hell, Nora?!"

She turned her back on him. "Just do your job, and stay out of my way."

"Nora!" Nate tried to follow her... and he ran face first into a wall of light. He grunted and stumbled back from the impact. Next thing he knew, Nora was gone, and Nate felt an emptiness in his heart.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

#

After a considerably long absence, Chara arrived at class. Everyone's heads turned when she entered.

"Ah, Chara, glad to see you've recovered," Mr. Hemlock said. "Please, have a seat." He glanced at the class. "I trust all of you will respect your returning classmate?"

"Great, the demon's back," someone muttered.

"Why can't she just stay dead?"

Uh... they don't seem very happy to see you, Felicia noticed.

Felicia was not yet aware of Chara's past. All she knew was that Chara had been adopted by the Dreemurrs, died, and was eventually awakened by Frisk. Chara was still working up the courage to give her the details. She knew it wasn't fair. She knew all of Felicia's dark secrets, but they were nothing compared to her sins.

Yeah, they don't like me, Chara replied.

Why not? Because you're a demon?

Sort of, but not exactly. Let's just say I've done some things that I'm not proud of.

Umm...

Chara sat down, and Elodie sat down next to her. She smiled. "Hey, Chara!"

"Uh, greetings."

"How are you doing?" Elodie asked. "Are you still recovering from your coma?"

Chara felt a little unnerved. Last time Elodie acted this friendly to her was when she poisoned her. Was she planning something?

"I'm better now," Chara answered.

"That's good," Elodie said. "Thank God that DT is a thing. Without that, you might have had to spend some time rehabilitating your body from inactivity."

"Umm, I guess so."

"I know you're way behind on class, but don't worry! I'll help you catch up!"

Seriously, what was going on? "Elodie, don't take this the wrong way, but why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?"

"... Chara, what is justice to you?"

Justice? That was a complicated question for her. "Well, my take on that has changed dramatically since my reincarnation. I suppose I used to see justice as the absence of evil, that anything bad must be destroyed without mercy. Essentially, I believed in an extreme version of 'eye-for-an-eye.' However, Frisk taught me that not everyone should be written off as a 'bad person' so easily. There's a difference between protecting your friends and destroying someone for your own justice. It's not about revenge. It's about investigating the truth, and asking yourself how you can help people."

Elodie smiled. "Not about revenge, huh? Getting a little passive-aggressive, are we?"

Chara laughed. "That wasn't my intention, but I suppose it does seem a bit convenient."

"No, you're right. What I did to you was wrong. I thought it was justice, but I wasn't helping anyone. I only brought pain to the people who care about you. I'm... I'm sorry."

"Elodie..."

What exactly did she do to you? Felicia asked.

"Don't worry about it," Chara said. "I understand how you felt."

Something resonated within Elodie's green eyes, a kindness much more genuine than the mask she wore when they first met. Maybe Chara was imagining things, but she wanted to believe this was something a murderer could not fake. Elodie truly wanted to be her friend this time.

Elodie laughed. "You really have changed. Still, I hope you're not being nice just because Frisk said so."

"Frisk has greatly influenced me," Chara admitted, "but he doesn't control me. I'm still my own person."

"Good to hear... Chara, I know I hurt you, but maybe we can start over?"

"No."

"Huh?"

"We're not starting over," Chara said. "We're moving forward."

She playfully rolled her eyes. "Cute, but you know what I mean."

Chara smiled. "Yes, I already told you. Let's be friends."

"It's settled then." She opened her textbook. "Well, enough of this sappy stuff. You have history to catch up on."

"Heh, yeah..."

Throughout the class, Elodie helped Chara catch up on what she missed. Human history was always an unpleasant subject for her. Humans were always doing stupid things. Right now, they were covering the medieval era, where the privileged lords ruled over their helpless serfs, and by 'serfs' they meant slaves. Monsters were never like that. When Chara fell underground, they could have killed her and taken her SOUL, but they didn't. They were so kind to her, even though she was part of the race responsible for their suffering. If the roles were reversed, if a monster fell into a human underground, that monster wouldn't stand a chance.

Chara was getting sidetracked again. She had to focus. She was never going to understand humanity if she couldn't study their history without feeling sick.

Just when Chara thought it would never happen, the bell rang, and class was dismissed. "Hey, see you at lunch?" Elodie offered. "No poison this time, I promise!"

Wait, what?! She poisoned you?!

Chara smiled. "Alright."

"Great! Meet me out by the picnic tables. I'll see you there!"

"See you there."

They packed up their things, and they left for their next classes.

Chara, you have to tell me what happened, Felicia said. Did she seriously poison you?

Yes, she did. She knew my weakness: chocolate. It only took about a minute to kill me.

Oh, so Frisk reset to save you. But, why did Elodie hate you so much? What did you do that made her want to kill you?

Felicia... do you really want to know?

Is it really that bad?

Yeah, it's pretty bad.

Felicia fell silent, and Chara kept walking through the crowded halls. Navigating through dense crowds of humans always made her nervous. When she finally reached her next class and sat down, Felicia spoke up again. Well... it's clear that whatever you did, you're a different person now. And that thing you said about justice? It's a nice thought, but I can't say I completely agree with it.

What do you mean?

Sometimes, people need to die.

Oh, uh, yeah. I wasn't saying that violence is never an option. I was just saying that you should think about it, you know? Yes, some people need to die, but sometimes it's better to forgive.

Some things are beyond forgiveness. Elizabeth and Monty deserve to die for what they've done.

Chara certainly wasn't going to argue with that. The release of death would be a mercy for those relentless killers. Although... Monty's philosophy was disturbingly similar to how Chara used to think. They both wanted the same thing. The only difference was that she persuaded Asriel to absorb her power, while Monty tortured Felicia until she surrendered. Was that enough to justify forgiving her? Where was the line drawn? What would Felicia think of her when she found out?

Chara... you'll help me, won't you? They can't just get away with this. It's not right.

She wanted to help her, but...

How could we kill them? Chara asked. Even if we found a way past Elizabeth's security, we would be arrested for murder, and we don't even know where Monty is.

We'll figure it out. Don't we have demon powers or something?

I do know magic, but power will only take us so far. We must be intelligent as well.

Felicia sounded irritated. You said you used to believe that bad people deserve death. Are you sure you didn't change your mind just because Frisk said so? Don't tell me he would spare Elizabeth or Monty.

I... I really don't know.

Felicia groaned. I'm stuck with a pacifist and a fellow demon with a guilty conscience.

Pretty much.

Great...

Felicia, I do want to help you, but I have my own life to think about. Yours too. If I die, you'll die with me. Is killing Elizabeth worth dying over?

... you're right. We have to be smart about this. I don't want to get you killed.

Chara sighed in relief. Thank you.

I need to talk to my brother. He needs to know what Elizabeth did. Once he's on our side, killing Elizabeth will be easy, and I'm sure he can help us find Monty as well.

That sounds like a decent plan, assuming Jacob isn't already aware of Elizabeth's actions.

Oh, don't you start that with me too. Jacob had nothing to do with my murder.

Even if that's true, do you really think he'd be willing to betray his mother?

Felicia paused. No, he wouldn't. Jacob was immediately broken when he learned the truth. I don't know if he would even believe I'm awake if I told him.

Exactly. If you're going to reveal yourself, we must plan it carefully. Regardless of how much Elizabeth influenced him, Jacob feels very strongly about sending monsters back underground. I highly doubt seeing you again will be enough to change his mind.

Felicia let out a frustrated sigh. I never should have given up. I thought I was saving him, but look at what he's become. I let this happen.

Chara and Felicia had a lot in common. They both wanted to save the monsters, and they both became demons because of it. This was a very different experience from living inside Frisk's head. Frisk had almost never attacked anyone, while Felicia was urging Chara to help her kill the people responsible for her death. It almost felt like some kind of test.

But, Chara agreed with Felicia. Those two deserved to die. It wasn't like the underground. None of the monsters who attacked Frisk were truly evil. They all just wanted to be free. They weren't content with being buried and forgotten by humanity. Even Flowey was only the way he was because of his death, and the loss of his SOUL. They all deserved mercy, but Elizabeth and Monty? They didn't. They had gotten away with their crimes for thirty years. It was time they faced the consequences of their actions.

Felicia, don't blame yourself for what others have done. Jacob's actions are not your fault, and I'll do anything I can to help you make it right.

She sounded happy. Thank you, Chara. I think we're going to be great friends. We're partners now.

Heh, partners?

Yeah, we demons gotta stick together.

Haha, I guess so.

By the way, class started.

Chara snapped back to reality. Class had started and she hadn't even noticed! She frantically summoned her notebook and acted like she was paying attention. They were solving a quadratic equation. What was the answer? Nine. Definitely nine.

Lunch couldn't come fast enough.

#

After being thoroughly grilled by the teacher – She was in a coma; did she have no respect?! – lunch finally arrived. Like everyone else, Chara quickly left the classroom, and she headed outside to meet Elodie.

As she walked to the cafeteria, she suddenly heard a loud thud on the ground next to her. Someone had tripped and fallen into the dirt, making quite a mess of his clothes. Poor guy. Chara reached out her hand and...

Oh, it was Jeff, that bigot she met at the MTT Resort.

Jeff refused her hand and sneered at her. He got back up on his own and unsuccessfully tried to wipe the dirt off him. "Stay away from me, demon."

Chara said nothing, and she let that sparking gem of humanity on his way.

That's what you have to deal with every day? Felicia asked.

Yeah.

The way he called you 'demon,' it's just like how some humans say 'monster.' I guess demons and monsters can really relate to each other.

... yeah...

Chara kept walking to the cafeteria, and she found Elodie standing outside by the picnic tables, just like she said. Elodie smiled and waved, and they sat down together.

"How did your second class go?" Elodie asked.

"It was okay," Chara said. "Mrs. Yu was riding my ass, though."

"Oh, yeah. I can see that. Anyway, do you need to get food, or...?"

Chara smiled and summoned a sandwich from her dimensional box. "My mother has me covered."

"Oh, that's nice..." She sounded downtrodden.

Chara immediately realized her mistake. How could she be so insensitive? "Oh, sorry! I didn't even think of that!"

She laughed it off. "It's all right."

What are you talking about? Felicia asked. Did something happen to her mother?

Yeah, she was killed by...

Oh, God...

Killed by who?

It doesn't matter.

Chara, who killed her?

Uh... it was an accident...

Who killed her?!

Just some bad driver.

Chara prayed Felicia wouldn't make the connection.

... wait, don't tell me it was my father.

Well...

Felicia fell back to silence.

Uh, Felicia? Are you okay? Felicia?

No answer.

"Hey, I said it was fine," Elodie said. "Don't worry about it."

"R-right," Chara responded. She was worried about Felicia, but she had to act natural. She couldn't risk giving away Felicia's presence.

Elodie summoned her own lunch, a burger from Grillby's. "Well, this is what my foster dad got me. Monster food is amazing. I especially love how it never spoils."

Foster dad? Something happened to her father as well? Poor Elodie.

Chara didn't press on that. She smiled and talked about the food instead. "Yes, it is amazing, but you need to eat human food as well. While monster food is adequate for a monster's dominantly magical body, it lacks the protein and fat a human body needs to properly maintain itself. Its magic will provide some nourishment, but forgetting to consume physical food could cause a severe loss of body mass."

"Aww, so you're saying I don't need to diet?"

"Haha, I guess it would be useful for that purpose."

"Oh, yeah. It's already huge in that market... Wait, how did you not starve to death in the Underground?"

"My parents made sure to make me some physical food, with what little material they had. It tasted horrible, but it kept me from turning into a human skeleton."

"Yeah, you'd blend right in." She took a bite of her burger, and the magical food dissolved in her throat as she swallowed. 'Anyway, I gotta ask, what was the deal with that coma?"

"I have no idea," Chara lied.

"Hmm... somehow I get the feeling that's not true, but you can't tell me."

Chara didn't answer.

"Well, alright," Elodie said. "Let's talk about something else."

Chara suddenly felt like Alphys. She had never been much for small talk. "Uh... do you like anime?"

"Yeah, I've watched some," Elodie answered. "Probably nothing from your time, though."

"Gee, thanks."

Elodie winked. "Hey, you're looking good for someone over a hundred years old."

"Haha, thank you."

"By the way, where's Frisk? He usually sits with you, right?"

"Yeah, he should be here shortly."

And so he was. Chara looked back and saw Frisk and Flowey walking to their table. Flowey hopped on top, and Frisk sat down. "Hi, Elodie," Frisk greeted. "Getting along with Chara?"

"I think so," Elodie said.

"I knew you'd make good friends!"

Flowey wasn't so cheerful. He stared at Elodie with distrust in his eyes. "What are you planning this time, you pink-haired murderer?"

"Nothing," Elodie said. "Honest."

"You expect me to believe that?"

"Well, it's the truth!"

"It's alright, Asriel," Chara said. "I believe her."

"And if you're wrong?" Flowey challenged.

"Then Frisk will just reset again."

Flowey wasn't satisfied. He pointed a threatening, sharp thorn at Elodie. "I'm watching you."

Elodie wasn't afraid. "You do that."

"... so, what were you talking about?" Frisk asked.

"Just things we like," Elodie answered. She suddenly looked excited. "Oh, Chara! Actually, I think I did watch something you might know. Have you ever seen Death Note?"

"OH MY GOD I LOVE DEATH NOTE!"

"I know, right?! It's so good!"

"Oh yeah, I remember that," Flowey said. "Chara said the main character almost gave her faith in humanity. She wished she had a death note so she could cleanse the world of criminals just like Kira."

Elodie laughed. "Of course she did. Was Light Yagami your role model, Chara?"

She felt a little embarrassed. "Yes, I used to love him, but... I'm not so sure anymore. I already explained how my view of justice has changed. I guess you could say I see him in a different... light now." She winked.

"Haha, I see," Elodie said. She looked at Frisk. "What about you? Have you seen it?"

"Yeah," Frisk answered. "I'm sure you can guess that I'm not a Kira supporter, but it's a great show."

"Yep, you don't believe in killing anyone, do you?"

"No one should have the kind of power that Light had. He literally wanted to become God of his ideal world; he had to be stopped."

Elodie smiled at him. "That's a funny thing to hear from the World Master."

"Hey, I didn't choose to have that power."

"Maybe not, but you have used it by choice."

He frowned. "Well... I..."

"That's different," Chara said. "Frisk never let his power corrupt him. He has no desire to control anyone. Quite the opposite, actually. He just wants everyone to be free."

"I didn't mean anything bad by it," Elodie assured them. "I'm just saying that power isn't always a bad thing."

"Are you on Team Kira?" Frisk asked.

"Kind of," Elodie answered. "I mean, he did go too far. Tt's not right to judge everyone as either 'good' or 'evil,' with nothing in between. Still, I definitely believe that some people should just die."

Hmm... perhaps Chara could accept that compromise. How would she feel about Light now? She needed to rewatch that anime sometime. Oh, idea!

"Hey, Frisk, would you like to –"

Suddenly, they were interrupted by the sound of a scream nearby. "Stay back, you monster!"

Chara and the others immediately got up and ran to the source of the commotion. A crowd of students had gathered around the scene: Jeff and Woshua were locked in some kind of stand-off. Jeff was in an enraged frenzy, shaking his fist at the germophobic monster. "This monster tried to steal my soul!" he screamed.

Chara saw that Jeff was still covered in dirt from his fall. It was obvious what was really going on. "Don't be stupid!" she yelled. "He just wants to clean you!"

"You're filthy," Woshua said.

"Like hell!" Jeff shouted. "He wants to take my soul and cleanse the whole world!"

Agh! Humans were so stupid!

Frisk put his hands up. "Hey, both of you just stay calm."

Woshua's arm spun around anxiously. He couldn't stand the sight of Jeff's filthiness. "Dirty... must clean..."

"This isn't going to end well," Flowey warned.

Woshua couldn't contain himself any longer. He sprayed out a barrage of his cleansing magic. Green water droplets rained down all around Jeff, which he frantically avoided. He clearly didn't understand that green magic was harmless.

"That's it!" He raised his fists, and he struck Woshua with a loud, bone-crushing smack. Woshua let out a high-pitched screech, and Chara sensed his HP decrease by forty percent.

"Stop!" Frisk exclaimed. "He's not trying to hurt you!"

"Green means clean," Woshua said.

"Bullshit!" Jeff hit him again, draining his HP down to twenty percent. One more hit, and Woshua would be a pile of dust. They couldn't let that happen. Frisk ran between them, and Jeff's fist connected with his face, sending him reeling and covering his nose. He hurt Frisk.

Big mistake.

Jeff wound up his fist for another blow, and Chara sent an energy knife flying through this chest. He whimpered and clutched his wound. The magic knife had left a crispy red burn where it pierced him. He glared at Chara with a look of pure murder in his eyes, and he charged at her. She summoned another knife in her hand and prepared to fight.

But before Jeff could reach her, something swung across his head and knocked him to the ground. Elodie stood over him, brandishing a magical scepter. It glowed brilliantly in her hands as she pointed it down at Jeff. "Leave my friend alone."

Jeff grit his teeth. "The fuck, Elodie? Didn't you try to kill Chara?"

"Things change," she retorted. "Now, get out of here and clean yourself up."

Jeff got back up. "I don't know which is worse, the demon or the monsters, but at this rate, one of them is going to be the death of us."

Chara pointed her knife at him. "Leave."

With a grimace, Jeff walked away. Chara was tempted to strike him with a torrent of knives for daring to harm Frisk, but she had other things to worry about.

"Good riddance," Flowey growled.

Elodie looked around the crowd. "What are you looking at? Show's over."

The crowd dispersed, murmuring over what they had seen. As they left, Chara checked on Woshua, who was revolted by his own wounds. She cast a healing spell for him. "There, there. It'll be okay."

"I don't want to clean him anymore," Woshua said.

"Yeah, he's better that way."

Once Woshua was healed, Chara focused her attention on Frisk. His noise was bleeding. Chara healed him right away. "Frisk..."

He smiled. "Thanks, Chara."

She finished healing him, and she hugged him. "Stop being so reckless!"

"Aww, but I think it's hot how you want to protect me."

A small laugh escaped Chara's lips. "Well, you're worth saving."

Frisk's red eyes gazed at her lovingly. "I'm glad you're here for me."

Chara felt her face grow warm. It felt good knowing that she had made him happy. Frisk was so kind and cute and sweet, and Chara would always protect him. "Anytime, my Frisk."

She pulled her lover in for a quick kiss, feeling his soft lips for just a little while before they split apart. Chara badly wished she could spend some time alone with him, but there was too much at stake. The fight had clearly reminded them of that.

"So, uh, that seemed like a close call," Elodie said.

Chara nodded. "It was, one more hit would have killed him."

"Huh? How do you know for sure?"

"I can sense people's stats," she explained. "Some kind of demon power, I suppose."

"Well, you're just full of surprises, aren't you?"

"So are you! You didn't tell me you knew magic!"

"Oh, yeah," Elodie said. "I've been practicing for a while now. Maybe we could train together sometime?"

She smiled. "I'd like that."

"Should be interesting." Elodie sighed. "On a more serious note, this isn't the first time something like this has happened. Several monsters have been accused of trying to steal souls lately. None of them have been proven guilty, but that doesn't stop people from being paranoid."

Damn Malcom. Things were getting worse between humans and monsters. At this rate, monsters were going to get hurt. Humans didn't realize how fragile most of them were. Jeff probably didn't realize how close he came to killing Woshua. If they didn't do something, a monster could end up dead.

But Chara knew a solution was approaching their grasp. They had to expose Elizabeth as Felicia's murderer. If Jacob was involved, then they needed to find evidence against him too. If he was innocent, then learning the truth would hopefully lower his guard, perhaps even break him if they were lucky. Once he was out of the way, they needed Boaris to explain the truth behind his actions, that he hadn't simply gone crazy and destroyed the world for fun.

The only question was where they would get such evidence. Felicia's testimony probably wouldn't be enough. Would they even believe Felicia was actually in Chara's head?

No matter what happened, they weren't going to work miracles. There was going to be tension between humans and monsters for a long time. There was no stopping that, but hopefully they could prevent another war from breaking out.

And if everything went horribly wrong, she was a demon...

Frisk groaned. "I wish they would just get along."

Chara held his shoulder. "We'll make things right, Frisk."

He nodded. "Yeah, we will... By the way, what were you going to ask me before Jeff interrupted us?"

"Oh, I was just going to ask you if you wanted to watch Death Note with me, but that's stupid, isn't it? We have more important things to do."

"Chara, nothing's wrong with wanting to have fun."

"Frisk, another war could break out. We need to do everything we can to stop it."

He leaned in close to whisper. "Why don't we just have Felicia talk to Jacob?"

"We already talked about that," Chara whispered back. "I don't feel comfortable letting him know about her yet. We need to know for sure whether he already knows what Elizabeth did."

Elodie blinked. "What's with the whispering?"

"Don't ask," Flowey said. He could probably guess what they were talking about.

"Hmm, maybe Nate can help us," Frisk suggested.

That may not have been a terrible idea, actually. Perhaps Nate could get the information they needed. "Alright."

"I'll contact him right after school," Frisk whispered.

Chara nodded. "Okay."

"How's Felicia doing?"

"... not great."

"Is she okay with seeing Nate again?"

"Uh..."

It's fine.

Felicia! Are you all right?

Yeah, I just needed a minute.

It's not your fault, Felicia.

Frisk asked us a question.

"Felicia says it's okay," Chara whispered.

"Good. Meet me right after school."

"Got it."

Frisk checked the time. "We've still got some time until class starts." He sat down. "I'm starving."

Chara sat down with him. "Yeah, so am I."

Now that they had some downtime, Chara checked on her demon buddy. Felicia, are you sure you're okay?

Yeah, sorry for giving you the silent treatment. I'm done moping now, I promise. We have to stop this war.

Yes, we do.

I'll do whatever it takes, partner. I won't give up this time.

Chara smiled. I won't, either.

She looked at Frisk, and she wrapped her arm around him. Frisk smiled and snuggled up against her. Together, they enjoyed the rest of their lunch in peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442 10 27
In the undertale universe a human fell down into the underground (AKA the monsters' home) this human is known as Frisk. She (Canonically she is gende...
1.6K 34 28
What if the first human survived and didnt die? This is my take on what could have happened. Chara and Frisk are both female in this. Undertale belo...
96.7K 1.9K 63
Frisk falls into mt. Ebott and meets chara. They both take a journey together in the underground little does frisk know, chara had fallen in love wit...
6.5K 167 22
•Yeah this thing has been cancelled. Kinda sad for my first book to end up like this but I do intend on remaking this book one day with it's original...