Frisk: God of the World

By HeroicSpectre

It has been one year since Frisk freed the monsters. Asriel is still missing, and dear Chara is still trapped... More

World Master
The Embassy
FPS
Not Dead
Greetings
Idiot
Hopeless Dreams
Revelations
Judgement
Can't Let Go
Not Your Decision
Playtime
Pain Teaches
Confessions
Till the Petals Fall
Favorite Person
Then and Now
Pieces
Phantom Pain
Burn in Despair
Inhuman
Murderer
Break
Long Live the Demon
Goodnight
Fortress of Lies
Unsaved Progress
Awakening
Justice
Multiplayer
Mirrors
Fun
Not Fun
Keep Moving
Redacted
Goner
Home
Get Out of My Head
Dreams of Power
Demon Tears
Family Reunion
Before the Storm
You Can't Handle the Truth
Heartbreak
Trust Me
The World Must Go On
Double EXP
New Management
Power
God of the World
Good Morning
New Life

Players and Pawns

804 18 13
By HeroicSpectre

"Yeah, you're right. No! I'd never doubt you, Chara. Never! Y... yeah!"

-Asriel Dreemurr

#

Felicia decided to confide her suspicions to her parents. They met in her bedroom while Flora stood guard outside. Hopefully, it was secure.

"Mother, Father," Felicia said, "I think I know who's trying to kill me."

"Already?" Father asked.

"Who?" Mother asked.

"It's Nora," Felicia confidently said.

Mother nodded. "Yes, she's a likely suspect."

Father didn't look so sure. "Nora? She's just a child."

"I know it's her," Felicia said. "Among several other suspicious actions, she didn't even care when Jacob died. She laughed when he was poisoned. It has to be her."

Father still wasn't convinced. "How could a fourteen-year-old convince Kawasaki to kill you?"

"W-well, umm..."

"True," Mother said. "Nora is likely not the mastermind behind this plot. However, I still believe it's possible that she's involved somehow."

"Y-yes!" Felicia said. "Thank you, Mother!"

"Thank you?" Mother echoed. "Felicia, you sound like you want it to be Nora."

She averted her eyes. "Well, it would be better than someone like Nate."

"I don't see how it could be anyone other than John or Eva," Father said. "Rest assured, those two will be investigated thoroughly. And Felicia, until we figure this out, you need to stay safe."

Felicia grit her teeth. "No! I will not cower behind this mansion while someone is trying to hurt us!"

"Felicia..."

"I can help! Let me investigate Nora!"

"No, you will stay–"

Mother cut him off. "I say we let her do what she wants."

Father looked at her in disbelief. "Elizabeth! Our daughter is being hunted! We cannot allow her to–"

"Felicia can take care of herself," Mother said. "She's the World Master. Even if she does die, she can come back stronger. Whoever's trying to kill her has lost their mind."

"Those deaths aren't making her stronger! They're hurting her! Can't you see that?"

"I'm fine!" Felicia insisted.

"Look at yourself," Father said. "This isn't you, Felicia. You never want to hurt anyone."

"I never want to hurt anyone innocent," she said. "These killers are not innocent. They killed Jacob. Anyone who murderers an innocent ten-year-old deserves worse than death."

"Even so, you aren't the type to seek revenge."

She raised an eyebrow. "Don't I deserve revenge?"

Father looked very disturbed. "I understand that you're angry, but you can't let that control you. I want this killer brought to justice, but I won't let that come at the cost of who you are."

"Perhaps you don't know me as well as you thought," Felicia coldly said. "Since when have I ever allowed anyone to control me? Nobody tells me what to do. You should know that better than anyone."

He was both hurt and enraged. "Even now, you won't listen to a word I say?! I'm only trying to protect you, Felicia!"

She stared him down willfully. "I don't need your protection."

Mother held Father's shoulder. "Booker, she'll be fine. The sooner we can find this killer, the better."

He shook his head. "You're both crazy."

Felicia folded her arms. "I have the power to turn back time, and you don't think I can handle a few assassins? I thought orange SOULs were supposed to be brave, but you're a pathetic coward!"

Father's orange eyes were filled with hopelessness. "You're right about one thing. Nobody tells you want to do." He turned to leave. "Fine, I see that I can't stop you. Go look for this killer, but next time you or someone you love dies, I beg you to reconsider. This is a job for the Military Police, not a child."

Father left the room. Felicia could only feel relief.

She hugged her mother. "Thank you. I know we have our differences, but thank you for standing up for me on this."

Mother hugged back. "I know you can handle this, Felicia. Contrary to what your father believes, you're not a child anymore. It's time you took matters such as these into your own hands."

"I couldn't agree more, Mother."

"Just remember, you're not alone. We're all in this together. Anyone who harms a Malcom does not go unpunished."

Felicia smiled. "Yes, that's exactly how I feel. I'm so glad you understand me."

Mother pat her on the back and let go. "Nora should be an excellent lead. You may investigate her however you see fit."

She nodded. "I will."

"I know you'll make me proud. I love you, Felicia."

"I love you too, Mother."

Mother left the room. Felicia soon followed.

Outside, Flora stopped her. "Felicia, what happened? Your father looked extremely displeased as he left."

As one would imagine, Felicia's parents were very busy people. Being a president and a senator did not allow for much time to raise a family. They frequently had to travel far from home on important trips and meetings. While they were away, Flora was the one who cared for Felicia. Flora was almost as much of a mother to her as her actual parents. However, she was also a loyal maid, and she often acted as Felicia's servant. It was kind of a confusing relationship.

True to her nature, Flora had a caring and gentle appearance. She had long, light blonde hair, pale skin, and her light blue eyes were full of concern, but she had not been shaken by recent events. Flora was always calm and collected. She was also a capable mage specializing in ice magic, which could prove useful.

"We had a disagreement," Felicia said, "but he'll get over it."

"I... I see," Flora replied. "If you don't mind me asking, what was it about?"

"Just how to deal with this murder business," she answered. "Speaking of that, I need to go to the Millers' residence."

"You intend to investigate this matter yourself?"

Felica nodded. "That's right."

Flora didn't look very happy about it, but she bowed in compliance. "Very well. I shall escort you there immediately."

"Thank you, Flora."

Flora led Felicia outside.

#  

They arrived at the Millers' mansion. It wasn't as large or impressive as her own family's estate, but it still carried a strong sense of opulence and elegance. Felicia updated her SAVE file, and she went inside, keeping Flora close just in case.

She spoke with John and Eva at the entrance. They expressed their sympathy for recent events, but that didn't mean they were being sincere. As Father said, those two were among the most likely suspects. However, Felicia wasn't going to focus on them just yet. For now, she was only concerned with one person.

Felicia said that she came to see Nora.

Eva looked surprised. "Nora? I thought you were here to see Nate."

"I'll see him too," Felicia replied, "but I want to see Nora first."

"Well, all right," John said. "She's in her room. Nate's in his room as well.

Felicia thanked them and excused herself. She was already familiar with their mansion. Flora accompanied her to Nora's room. Felicia knocked on her door.

"Nora? It's me."

"Felicia?" Nora opened the door. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you," Felicia said. "May I come in?"

"Umm, okay." She let her in. Flora waited outside.

"This is about Kawasaki, isn't it?" Nora asked.

No point in denying it. "Yes," Felicia said. "I was wondering if you could help me figure out what's going on."

"I really have no idea," Nora claimed. "I did some digging, and I know that Kawasaki was always loyal to your parents. Perhaps he believed you were a threat to their legacy or something."

"Why? Because of the monster thing?"

"Uh, yes... because of... that..." Nora didn't even try to hide her own distaste of it.

Felicia was so sick of this. Her parents, the scientists, Nora... they just never got tired of telling her all about how dangerous monsters were. It was getting old. Were monsters really so god damn terrifying? Why couldn't anyone just agree with her? The person who came closest to agreeing with her was Nate, though he didn't feel as strongly about it as she did. Even her own brother held more of a neutral opinion on the matter. How did Felicia end up holding completely different beliefs from her parents? Maybe she was just a natural rebel.

But enough of that. She had to focus. You know what? Why not accuse her directly? "Nora, by that logic, you could be trying to kill me too."

Of course, Nora denied it. "What? Felicia, I would never hurt you!"

"Give me one good reason I should believe that."

Nora contemptuously shrugged. "Oh, I don't know. How about the fact that trying to convince Kawasaki to poison your meal would have most likely led to my arrest?"

"Sure," Felicia said, "you probably couldn't have done that alone. I'm not saying you're the only Miller involved."

"You're accusing my entire family now?!"

"You have more motive than anyone. Who else could it be?"

"Maybe it's your family!" Nora cried. "Ever thought about that? Maybe your parents couldn't take your rebellious nature anymore, and when you became World Master, they snapped!"

How dare she?! "If it's not you, then why did you laugh when Jacob was poisoned?"

That got her. "Huh? What? I don't remember."

"Kawasaki didn't kill me first," Felicia said. "He killed Jacob, and when he was poisoned, you laughed. Sure, you acted a little more broken up when he started coughing up blood, but until then, his pain was funny to you."

"I... I probably just didn't think it was serious," Nora said. "I probably said something like 'Oh, he'll be fine.' I just didn't want to worry about it, that's all. I wanted to be positive. Honestly, do you expect me to cry over every little cold?"

Felicia wasn't buying it. "When I reset to save Jacob, you tried to help Kawasaki kill him again. You finished your tea quickly and asked for refills, giving him another chance to poison him."

"Or, maybe, I just like tea?"

She still wasn't buying it. "All right, then explain this. Every time Kawasaki killed me, you always seemed to know it would happen before anyone else. You screamed before he even pulled out his knife, and you'd even run into the kitchen just before he killed me. It's almost as if you were signaling him."

"N-no!" Nora exclaimed. "I was doing no such thing!"

"Then what were you doing?"

"I... I don't know," she said. "But, I know I felt something really strange back then, just before you killed Kawasaki. I still don't fully understand it, but I just had some kind of feeling."

Felicia scoffed. "Really? That's the best you can come up with?"

"It's true!" Nora said. "I read about it! I think it's some kind of sensing magic. They say purple SOULs trained in magic have the ability to sense danger. I think I have murder senses or something."

"Wait, you know magic?"

"Well, sort of," she said. "For a while now, it's been my dream to be a warrior mage, so I've been practicing by myself. I can only create a small fireball so far, but it's progress."

Huh, Felicia didn't know that, but it didn't matter. Felicia could see that she wasn't going to get much more out of her. If Nora was guilty, there was no way she was going to give up any real information.

However, perhaps there was someone else Felicia could use. Someone who Nora trusted.

"Felicia," Nora said, "I do want to figure this out. Now, I won't lie. I can understand why someone would want to kill you, but I still think it's wrong. I want to help you."

Felicia felt just a hint of sorrow. "I wish I could believe you."

"I'm not lying. Lying's never been my style. You know me. When I have a problem with someone, I tell it how it is."

Felicia just couldn't believe her. She didn't know what to believe anymore.

"...Nora, it's probably best you don't remember this conversation."

FILE LOADED

Felicia went inside the Miller's residence, keeping Flora close just in case.

She spoke with John and Eva at the entrance. They expressed their sympathy for recent events, but that didn't mean they were being sincere. As Father said, those two were among the most likely suspects. However, Felicia wasn't going to focus on them just yet. For now, she was only concerned with one person.

Felicia said that she came to see Nate.

Eva nodded. "Yes, that's what I figured. He's in his room."

John checked something on his phone. "Felicia, you reset again?"

Damn it! I forgot they can track them.

John sighed. "You know what? I don't even want to know."

Phew! That was close. I probably shouldn't push my luck, though.

Felicia thanked them. She ordered Flora to stay behind, and she went to Nate's room. She knocked on his door.

"Nate? It's me."

"Felicia?" Nate opened the door.

She smiled. "Hi, Nate. May I come in?"

"Uh, sure." He let her in. "Are you doing okay?"

Felicia closed the door behind her. "I need your help," she said.

"How can I help?"

This wasn't going to be easy. Nate cared about his sister a lot. Felicia knew he was going to have a hard time accepting that Nora was a murderer, but Felicia would do whatever it took to convince him.

She laid it on him as gently as she could. "Nate, I need you to watch Nora for me."

He didn't seem to catch her drift. "Watch her? What do you mean?"

"I need you watch for anything suspicious."

"Wait, you want me to spy on her?"

"Yes, that's the idea."

Nate didn't look happy. "Don't tell me you think Nora has something to do with all this."

"You didn't see what I saw." Felicia told him every suspicious thing that she witnessed Nora do.

"But, she wouldn't!" Nate whined.

"Then how do you explain everything I told you?" Felicia asked. "Why did she laugh when Jacob was poisoned? How did she always know that Kawasaki was about to kill me?"

Nora had given her reasons, but Nate didn't need to know that.

Nate offered no logical explanation. Instead, he kept repeating that Nora wasn't a murderer.

"She's not?" Felicia echoed. "Then I'm sure you will have no problem proving that to me."

He shook his head. "No, this isn't right. This is wrong. Nora is innocent."

"Don't be an idiot!" Felicia shouted. "Nora doesn't care about you! She doesn't care about any of us! You heard the things she's said. She'd do anything to destroy monsterkind once and for all!"

Nate sobbed like a sniveling coward. "N-no, you're wrong."

Felicia lost her patience. "Do you not trust me?"

"What? Of course I trust you! But, I trust Nora too!"

"I don't think so. It sounds like Nora is more important to you than I am."

"No! Don't say that! You're both important to me!"

Felicia gave him a cold stare. "People are trying to kill me, and you won't even do this one little thing to protect me. Perhaps I was wrong about you, and about us."

That one hit him where it hurt. "Felicia!"

She turned back to the door. "I see we have nothing more to discuss. Goodbye, Nate."

He stopped her. "Wait! I'm sorry! I'll... I'll do it..."

Felicia smiled, and she hugged him. "Nora's trying to hurt me. You won't let her hurt me, will you?"

Nate hugged back. "No, I'd never let anyone hurt you, but Nora wouldn't, either. I'll prove that she's innocent!"

"Close enough, I suppose." She kissed his cheek. "Thank you, Nate. I won't forget this."

Nate held the spot where she kissed him. "U-umm, yeah. No problem."

"But, if you do find out that she's trying to kill me, what will you do?"

"She's not."

"But if she is?"

Nate held her tight. "I... I won't let her hurt you."

Felicia truly enjoyed holding him. She stroked his golden hair. "Nate, when this all blows over, I'd love to spend more time with you."

He was pathetically flustered. "Y-yeah..."

Felicia let go. "All right, I have to go now. See you later, Nate."

"See you soon, Felicia."

Felicia left the room, and she felt sick to her stomach. Did she really just do that?

It wasn't completely an act. Felicia did have feelings for Nate, but she didn't want it to happen like that. Felicia had cruelly manipulated him, turning him against his own sister. What if Nate was right? What if Nora really was innocent? Felicia may have exploited him for nothing.

No, that was an absurd thought. Nora was guilty, and Felicia knew it. It was obviously the Millers. All the evidence pointed to them. Their name even rhymed with 'killer!' It had to be them! Except Nate, of course. He was just a victim here. Felicia just needed Nate to watch Nora. Nora trusted Nate much more than she trusted Felicia. It was only a matter of time until Nate found something to prove her guilt.

Suddenly, Felicia realized that Flora was waiting right outside the room.

What the hell? "Flora? What are you doing here? I told you to wait for me."

She frowned. "Please forgive me, Felicia. Given your current situation, I simply could not allow you to remain unguarded."

"That's why I needed you to keep an eye on the Millers," Felicia said. That wasn't a complete lie, but it wasn't the full truth, either. Felicia didn't want Flora to overhear her conversation with Nate. Flora's motherly side could be seriously irritating.

"Oh, of course," Flora replied. "That was a sound strategy. I apologize for doubting you."

Felicia sighed. "All right, but in the future, try to be more patient."

"Yes, patience. I understand."

Okay, it doesn't seem like she heard, or she just doesn't care. Either one works for me.

Still, her disobedience was suspicious. Kawasaki had betrayed Felicia; was it possible that even Flora could do the same?

Ugh, I hate this. I can't trust anyone.

All the more reason she had to prove Nora's guilt. Yes, Felicia just needed to be a little more patient, and the truth would reveal itself.

Felicia returned home.

#  

The next day, Felicia was in the study, working on some math homework. Apparently, being an assassination target didn't excuse her from school. Would learning how to factor polynomials save her from a bullet? It was so stupid.

Flora entered the study and informed Felicia that Nora demanded to speak with her.

"What about?" Felicia asked.

"She would not say," Flora answered, "but she seemed rather upset."

Oh, no. Did Nate get caught? I should have known.

Felicia sighed. "Very well. We'll meet in my room."

Flora nodded, and Felicia went to her room. Shortly after, Nora entered.

"Felicia!" Nora shouted. "Did you tell my brother to spy on me? That's a rhetorical question, by the way."

Felicia remained composed. "Mind telling me how you found out?"

"He wasn't subtle at all!" Nora exclaimed. "I caught the little dork watching me from outside my room like a creepy stalker! Then, as innocently as he could manage, he outright asked me if I was trying to kill you!"

Seriously, why did I trust him with this? Nate's never been known for discretion.

Nora sighed. "I'm not surprised, though. After all the things I've said to you, it's no wonder you'd think I'm involved in this. I understand, but the truth is, I'm not trying to hurt you, Felicia."

Oh, Nora... No! It's a trick! She's trying to guilt trip me! I won't fall for it!

"I can tell you don't believe me," Nora said. "Is there anything I can do to convince you that I'm on your side?"

Felicia grew frustrated. How could she prove it, one way or the other? How could Felicia know whose side Nora was really on? There had to be a way, but what?

Slowly, an evil thought formed in Felicia's head. She couldn't remember where, but she remembered hearing that in a person's last moments, they show you who they really are. Maybe it was from a movie or something, and didn't the villain say it? That wasn't reassuring, but even villains had a point sometimes.

Felicia smiled. "Actually, I think there is something..."

FILE LOADED

Felicia went into the kitchen, and she took the sharpest knife she could find, Kawasaki's knife. Now that Kawasaki was dead, it belonged to her now. With the knife in her pocket, Felicia returned to the study.

Flora entered the study and informed Felicia that Nora demanded to speak with her.

"What about?" Felicia asked.

"She would not say," Flora answered, "but she seemed rather upset."

Felicia sighed. "Very well. We'll meet in my room."

Flora nodded, and Felicia went to her room. Felicia gripped the knife in her pocket.

All right, Nora. Let's see if you can keep up your lies at knifepoint.

Shortly after, Flora entered, looking very confused. "Umm... my apologizes, Felicia. I don't understand why, but Nora suddenly ran away as we approached your room."

What? Nora... she really does have murder senses!

This made things a bit more complicated, but it meant Nora had to be guilty, right? If she were innocent, why would she run away? Felicia was fully convicted now. The only question now was, when and where?

Hmm...

FILE LOADED

Flora entered the study and informed Felicia that Nora demanded to speak with her.

"I'm a little busy right now," Felicia said. "Ask her if she'd like to meet me in the field after school tomorrow."

Flora bowed and carried out the order. She quickly returned. "Umm... Nora said, and I quote, 'Sure, whatever.'"

Good. Looks like she didn't sense anything.

The field they liked to play in was nice and secluded. There would be no interruptions. If she wanted to, Felicia could probably get away with killing her right there. She would just claim it was self-defense, and that wouldn't even be a lie at all.

However, there was one loose end.

"Flora," Felicia said, "this is important. When I go meet Nora, do not..."

Actually...

Felicia saved her file. It was a longshot, but...

"Flora, I suspect Nora may be involved in the assassination attempts against me. I intent to interrogate her. Will you help me?"

Flora thought it over. "May I suggest subduing and interrogating Kawasaki instead? You could reset and–"

Felicia shook her head. "No, I just want that bastard to stay dead. It has to be Nora."

Hesitantly, Flora nodded. "Very well. I never did care much for her."

Whoa! I didn't think that'd actually work!

"Really?" Felicia asked. "I don't plan on being gentle. I'm going to hurt her, Flora. Are you sure you're okay with that?"

"I don't like it," Flora said, "but these are extreme circumstances. If such actions are necessary to ensure your safety, so be it."

This was perfect! Now, when Felicia made Nora confess to her crimes, she'd have a witness to back her up.

Almost there.

#  

The next day couldn't have come fast enough. Felicia waited with Flora in the center of the field that they liked to play in. This time, they were going play a different kind of game.

Felicia felt her black hair sway as the wind blew. It was a nice day. The afternoon sun was shining bright, lighting up the golden flowers. It couldn't have been more dramatically inappropriate. The world didn't seem to care what was about to happen.

"Flora," Felicia said, "you're a mage. What do you know about Nora's sensing abilities?"

"A little," she answered. "Mages with purple SOULs may realize the power to sense a person's killing intent. The effectiveness of this power is dependent on three factors: the skill level of the mage, the intensity of the target's killing intent, and the distance between the mage and the target. It is also possible to defeat this ability simply by concealing your intentions."

"So, as long as I try not to think about how badly I want to stab her, I should be fine?"

"...Yes."

Thar was going to be tough, but Felicia could do it, she hoped.

She finally saw Nora approach. Nate was with her. Felicia grimaced. Why did she have to bring Nate?

As they got closer, Felicia did her best to conceal her hatred as well as her knife. Finally, Nora and Nate stopped just outside of arm's reach. Flora was in plain sight, but Nora didn't seem surprised by her presence. She probably figured that Felicia needed a bodyguard.

"Here we are!" Nora exclaimed. "Now, first of all, I want you to apologize to Nate for what you did! Seriously, I can't believe you could do something so messed up!"

Yes, she owed him that much. She looked him in his yellow eyes. "I'm sorry, Nate. I know it was cruel of me to drag you into this."

"I just want everyone to get along," Nate said.

"So do I," Felicia said, "but I'm afraid Nora has made that impossible."

Nate grimaced. "It's not her, Felicia. She wouldn't lie to me."

Felicia scowled at him. "She's playing you for a fool."

Nora frowned. "I don't blame you, Felicia. I really don't. I know you have every reason to suspect that I'm involved, but I swear I'm not. I want to–"

"Shut up!" Felicia shouted. "I know it's you! You can't fool me! You tried to kill Jacob!"

"Why would I?!" Nora challenged. "Why would I lie? If I wanted to kill you, I'd kill you! And I wouldn't care who found out!"

"You hear that, Nate?!" Felicia screamed. "She's insane! She might as well have just admitted it right there!"

Nate closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened them, they were filled with determination. "I've had it!"

"N-Nate?"

"You're so sure that it's Nora!" Nate yelled. "You're so desperate to prove that it's her fault! You never liked her, and now that everything's gone to hell, you're so quick to point your finger at her! You want Nora to be the villain! You need someone to blame! You need someone to take out all your anger on!"

"N-no, that's not–"

"But we care about her! Mom cares about her! Dad cares about her! I care about her! And, despite everything, she cares about you! You're the only one who doesn't care!"

"Nate..."

"Don't hurt my sister!"

Felicia sighed. Why did Nora have to bring him? It was obviously part of her manipulative scheme. Felicia wasn't going to let Nora win, no matter what.

"Flora..." she whispered, "freeze him."

Flora whimpered, but she nodded. "As you wish."

Nora jumped. "Wait, what?!"

A burst of cold, white energy shot out from the palm of Flora's hand. It enveloped Nate's body. He shivered, and he was quickly frozen where he stood.

Nora shrieked. "Nate!"

She ran to her brother's side. It wasn't real ice, of course. A human wouldn't survive actually being frozen. Flora's spell only simulated the effects. Nate wasn't even unconscious, just immobile. It was a shame that he still had to watch, but at least it shut him up.

Nora glared at her. "What's wrong with you?!"

Felicia reached for her knife. "I was going to ask you the same thing."

Her purple eyes widened. "F-Felicia... you..."

She held out the knife for Nora to see.

Nora started shaking. "Y-you're serious... Oh, God, you're serious..."

Like a predator stalking its prey, Felicia slowly approached her.

"N-no! It's not me, Felicia. It's not me! I swear I have nothing to do with this!"

She kept moving.

"F-Felicia, just put the knife down, okay?"

Felicia moved within arm's reach.

Nora put her hands up. "Felicia, stop! Please!"

Felicia grabbed her and held her knife against her throat. "Why should I believe a word you say?"

"I... I don't know..."

No more playing around. Felicia made her first cut across Nora's arm. Nora winced as her blood began to drip down on the ground.

"Tell me everything," Felicia demanded. "Tell me everyone who's trying to kill me, and this will end."

Tears welled up in Nora's eyes. "I'm on your side, Felicia."

Nora cried out in pain as Felicia made another cut. "I don't believe you."

"L-look at yourself. Look at what you're doing."

She cut her again.

Nora sobbed. "Y-you really want to kill me, don't you? I can feel it. Is that what it will take?"

Felicia stared hatefully at her. "I want to see who you truly are."

She stared back at her with a resigned expression. "All right... If that's what you have to do... kill me."

Felicia grimaced. "It's not the same. You know I'll just reset, don't you? You know you won't really die."

"Do whatever you want to me," Nora said. "Just don't hurt Nate."

Felicia slammed her fist into her as hard as she could. "You're just a perfect actress, aren't you?!"

Blood and tears ran down Nora's face. "I'm not acting. We're friends."

Stop it. Stop it. Stop it!

Felicia stabbed her in the stomach, and Nora coughed up blood. Flora turned pale as she realized how far Felicia was willing to go.

Nora kept looking right at her. "F-Felicia..."

She screamed, and she repeatedly stabbed her in the chest. Nora's SOUL didn't even make it out of her body before it shattered. Her lifeless body collapsed to the ground. Felicia stood over it. Her whole body was covered in Nora's blood.

Felicia gained one hundred EXP. Her LOVE jumped from level two to level four.

Panting, Felicia dropped her knife and collapsed to her knees. Was Nora really telling the truth?

Yes... she was...

Tears streamed down Felicia's face. Nate was right. She just wanted someone to take out all her anger on. She was the only murderer here.

Flora held her shoulder. "Felicia, reset..."

FILE LOADED

"Here we are!" Nora exclaimed. "Now, first of all, I... Uh, Felicia?"

She sniffled. "Nora..."

"Umm..."

Crying profusely, Felicia ran to Nora and embraced her. "I'm s-sorry, Nora. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

Nora hugged back. "H-hey, I'm not that mad at you. I honestly don't blame you for–"

"I killed you, Nora."

"What?"

"I... I murdered you. I really thought you were trying to kill me, but I was wrong. I'm s-so sorry that's what it took for me t-to..."

"Felicia... it's all right. I understand."

Nate didn't look as understanding. "You killed her?!"

Felicia let go of Nora. "I'm sorry," she repeated.

"It's all right, Nate," Nora said. "I'm alive now. That's all that matters."

"Why?!" Nate demanded. "How could you do that to her?!"

"I'm–"

Nora cut her off. "You've said it enough, Felicia." She laughed. "Hey, it's not every day you die and live to hear about it."

"Heh, I guess not."

Nate frowned. "I can't believe you'd do that."

"She's sorry, Nate," Nora said.

"That doesn't make it okay!"

"I forgive her! At least she's being honest about it!"

Nate whimpered. "All right..." He took a deep breath. "We need to find the real killer."

"Yeah," Felicia said. "I have no right to ask this, but will you help me?"

"Of course we'll help," Nora said. "That's what I've been trying to do this whole time."

Nate nodded. "Felicia, I'm still very upset with you, but... I'll still help you."

Felicia laid down on the ground. Her LOVE had reset back to level two. Not pure, but that was all right. She didn't deserve to be pure.

The true killer was still out there. It was going to be difficult, but at least Felicia had her friends by her–

Nora gasped. "I think someone's–"

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Nora and Nate collapsed to the ground, dead.

Wh-what?

Flora was still alive, protected by a bright barrier of light. "Murderer!"

Felicia frantically looked around. In the distance, a man approached them, brandishing a pistol. He had long brown hair and... red eyes.

Suddenly, the assassin broke into a sprint. Flora launched a volley of ice attacks to stop him, but the assassin nimbly dodged most of the projectiles and deflected the rest with a barrier of his own. He kept moving and quickly closed the distance.

Once he was just a few feet away, Flora surrounded him with a circle of ice pellets. The assassin summoned a flaming sword and spun it around, melting all of Flora's attacks.

He swung at Flora. She blocked the strike with another barrier. The assassin cast his sword aside, and his arms glowed white with some kind of energy. He grabbed Flora's barrier and ripped it in half. Flora tried to jump back, but his hand reached straight through her chest. Flora's body was unharmed, but her SOUL...

The assassin tore Flora's SOUL out of her body. She screamed as he crushed it, shattering it. Flora's body fell to the ground.

With Flora dead, the murderer looked at Felicia. He smiled. Felicia was frozen in terror.

"We meet at last," he said. "You have done well, my Demon."

"Wh-what are you talking about?"

"The way you killed Nora, obviously. You truly have a demon's heart."

He saw her kill Nora, and he remembered? That could only mean one thing: He was a former World Master.

"Wh-who are you?" Felicia asked.

"Name's Monty."

"I take it you're the one trying to kill me?"

Monty laughed. "Kill you? No. Not permanently, that is. Someone's trying to kill you, but it's not me. I want something else from you."

"What do you want?"

He didn't answer. He seemed to stare straight into Felicia's SOUL. "Felicia Malcom. The World Master, and the President's daughter. Aren't you the most privileged girl alive?"

Privileged? More liked cursed.

"What do you want?!" Felicia demanded.

"Though, I suppose it's not a total coincidence. It does take a lot of determination to obtain as much power as your Mother and Father."

Felicia clenched her fists. "Get to the point or I'll just reset now!"

He grinned. "Isn't it obvious? You're the Demon."

She shook her head. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Everyone knows the prophecy. 'The Demon. The one who has seen the underground. They will return, and everything will end.' They say the Demon will possess a red SOUL, and they shall realize their true power under Mount Ebott. That sounds just like you, doesn't it?"

"You believe in that fairy tale?" Felicia said. "You're insane."

"I get that a lot," Monty replied, "but it's never swayed me. You may not yet believe it, but you are destined to become the Demon."

"Stop calling me that! I'm not a demon! I'm a human being!"

"Yes," Monty said. "In your current state, you are merely mortal, but with proper guidance, you can become so much more."

More than mortal? What? He seriously wanted to turn her into some kind of demon?

"I don't want to be a demon!" Felicia shouted. "Leave me alone!"

"Oh, I think you'll change your mind," he said. He glanced at the bodies of her friends. "I imagine you wish to reset now." He aimed his pistol. "Here, let me help you."

Felicia heard another loud bang, and she felt the bullet pierce her skull.

FILE LOADED

#

"Dark, darker, yet darker."

-The man who speaks in hands

Yeah, that was pretty dark, wasn't it? Anyway, I have a question for you.

I've created quite a few original characters, haven't I? Just out of curiosity, I want to know which one is your favorite so far. Not necessarily as a person, but as a character. Who's the most interesting to you? Feel free to name more than one, or if you hate them all and just wanna get back to Charisk, that's okay.

Also, I'd like to give a shout-out to Austin from the Game Theorists and his new video on the science of SOULs. I don't agree with all of his points, but it's a fun theory and very relevant to this story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 370 17
Frisk, your best friend, went missing and was presumed dead, but one day, she came back. apparently, in the time she went missing, she managed to fr...
1.6K 34 28
What if the first human survived and didnt die? This is my take on what could have happened. Chara and Frisk are both female in this. Undertale belo...
442 10 27
In the undertale universe a human fell down into the underground (AKA the monsters' home) this human is known as Frisk. She (Canonically she is gende...
2.7K 90 17
Determination. A trait all humans are born with. But in a great quantity, determination can give a human life changing strength. Such as the ability...