Frisk: God of the World

By HeroicSpectre

It has been one year since Frisk freed the monsters. Asriel is still missing, and dear Chara is still trapped... More

World Master
The Embassy
FPS
Not Dead
Greetings
Idiot
Hopeless Dreams
Revelations
Judgement
Can't Let Go
Not Your Decision
Playtime
Pain Teaches
Confessions
Till the Petals Fall
Favorite Person
Then and Now
Pieces
Burn in Despair
Inhuman
Murderer
Break
Players and Pawns
Long Live the Demon
Goodnight
Fortress of Lies
Unsaved Progress
Awakening
Justice
Multiplayer
Mirrors
Fun
Not Fun
Keep Moving
Redacted
Goner
Home
Get Out of My Head
Dreams of Power
Demon Tears
Family Reunion
Before the Storm
You Can't Handle the Truth
Heartbreak
Trust Me
The World Must Go On
Double EXP
New Management
Power
God of the World
Good Morning
New Life

Phantom Pain

993 26 38
By HeroicSpectre

Why even bother?

Frisk and Chara were taking Flowey to Alphys's lab. He wasn't sure why. He knew there was no way that lizard could save him, not without a monster soul. Why did they insist on wasting time when Boaris was planning to become an unstoppable god? He always knew that Frisk's sentimentality would be the death of him, but he thought Chara knew better.

They arrived at the lab and knocked on the door, Undyne greeted them, with a nervous expression on her face. "Oh, hey!"

Frisk smiled at her. "Hi, Undyne! How are you doing?"

"Oh, we're doing great!" she said. "Alphys is doing just fine!"

Sure...

Frisk frowned. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah! There's nothing wrong with Alphys whatsoever! Why would you say that?"

Frisk tried to step inside, but Undyne blocked him. "H-hey! Uh, it's a nice day outside, isn't it? Why don't you stay out here for a while?"

"Undyne, what's wrong?" Chara asked.

"Nothing!" Undyne insisted. "Alphys just needs a minute... or an hour."

They moved past Undyne and saw Alphys. She was at her computer, looking very distraught. She panicked when she saw them. "O-oh! Hey, everyone!"

"Alphys, what's the matter?" Frisk asked.

'Oh, it's nothing!" Alphys lied.

Chara and Flowey looked at Alphys's computer screen. It was on her email account, and her inbox was full of hateful messages over Endogeny and the other amalgamates. People were blaming her for Endogeny's incident.

"Malcom deserves death," Chara growled. "His malicious communications need to stop."

"Alphys..." Frisk hugged her. "It's not your fault."

"That's what I keep telling her!" Undyne exclaimed.

"But it is my fault," Alphys said. "If I hadn't given them all that DT so carelessly, they would be at peace, but instead I forced them to live as... Well, you know how they are."

"Hey, it's not all bad," Flowey said. "At least they can still feel happiness and stuff." Oh, wait, probably not helping.

Alphys sniffled. "I know why you're here. No, I haven't made any progress on Asriel. Pathetic, isn't it? I can't correct any of my mistakes."

Big surprise there.

"Th-that's all right, Alphys," Frisk said, although he failed to hide some disappointment.

"Is there anything I can do?" Chara asked.

"Can you get me a spare monster soul?" Alphys responded.

As Jerry would say, awkward...

"I'd love to give you Boaris's soul," Chara said. "That bastard wants all of you to go back underground."

Alphys nodded. "I can understand that."

Undyne wasn't as understanding. "What?! Boaris wants us to go back? Fuck... Uh, I mean, screw that!"

"Yes, fuck that," Chara said.

Golly, Toriel wouldn't... Who was he kidding? Toriel was no stranger to that kind of language. Asgore, on the other hand, would be very unhappy to hear Chara talk like that.

"Seriously, though!" Undyne exclaimed. "You worked so hard to get us here, and now Boaris wants us to go back? Why?"

"He's afraid of another war breaking out," Frisk explained. "He thinks it's safer for both races if monsters just went back to Mount Ebott. Apparently, he's working with Malcom to make this happen."

"Hey, here's an idea!" Undyne shouted. "Why don't we send the HUMANS underground? See how THEY like it? Uh, no offense."

Chara smiled. "I love you, Undyne."

Frisk frowned. "Undyne, I want everyone to live in peace."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Undyne replied. "I'm just saying, if someone has to go underground again, why not humans? Boaris is a real piece of garbage!"

"I don't blame him," Alphys said. "He still remembers the first war. After what his daughter did, and what happened to the rest of his family, I'd have a hard time imagining him supporting peace with humanity. To him, it's only a matter of time until a monster seeks the power of the human SOUL."

Flowey didn't care how tragic his past was. Frisk probably had a different opinion, but he didn't care about that, either. Boaris needed to die.

"So, what are we gonna do about him?" Undyne asked. "I need to kick his boar booty!"

"I tried that," Flowey admitted.

Frisk solemnly nodded. "Yes, Asriel died trying to kill Boaris for his soul. He was caught by Malcom and his bodyguard. I had to reset to save him."

Alphys frowned. "Sans wouldn't be happy to hear that. He knows you needed them to save us, but he still hates resets."

Flowey himself wasn't sure if he deserved to be saved. Better people than him died all the time, why did he deserve special treatment? Would Frisk even protect himself like that? Would he reset just to save himself? No, he wouldn't. Frisk had reset before, but that was so he could free the monsters, not just to save his own life. Maybe he'd reset if he got murdered, but if he got hit by a car or something, that'd be it for him.

"I know," Frisk regretfully said, "but I couldn't just let Asriel die."

"I need to kick Malcom's butt too!" Undyne exclaimed.

"It gets worse," Flowey said. "Before I died, I overhead him talking to Malcom. They were saying something about 'showing everyone how strong monsters are.'"

Undyne's eyes widened. "They can't possibly mean..."

Flowey nodded. "That's what it sounds like."

Undyne clenched her fists. "We need to do something."

"But what?" Alphys asked.

"I don't know, tell everyone?" Undyne suggested.

"We have no proof," Chara said. "Our word alone is insufficient for such an extreme accusation."

"And we don't want to cause panic," Alphys said. "That could be exactly what Malcom wants."

"Then what do we DO?!" Undyne asked with frustration.

"I have a few ideas," Flowey said.

Frisk and Chara both looked worried. Understandable, after his last stunt, but Flowey had it this time.

Undyne, on the other hand, looked excited. "Don't leave us hanging! What is it?"

"You and Alphys just keep an eye on Boaris," Flowey said. "Frisk, Chara, and I are going to figure this all out."

"Oh, come on!" Undyne complained. "You're seriously going out there without me? As Captain of the Royal Guard, I demand a part in this investigation!"

Hmm... she could be useful, actually.

"All right!" Flowey chirped. "You can come with us too, Undyne!"

Undyne laughed. "That's right! You can't do this without me!"

"B-be careful, Undyne," Alphys said.

"Aw, you're so sweet to worry about me! Come here!" Undyne kissed her. Disgusting. Seriously, what was so great about putting your mouth against another's? Even when he had his soul, Flowey never understood that.

"U-Undyne!" Alphys squealed. "Not in front of them!"

Finally, a voice of reason! At least one person here has a sense of decency.

Undyne smiled. "Don't worry, dear! You know I won't let anyone hurt me!"

Alphys smiled back. "Y-yeah, you're right, and I've got your back! I'll watch you from here."

"Ah, that's right!" Flowey exclaimed. "Alphys, you have access to the surveillance network, don't you?"

"Umm, yes?" Alphys answered.

"Perfect! Alphys, I need you to monitor that little 'protection squad' of Frisk's."

"Uh, okay?"

"Brother, what are you planning?" Chara asked.

Flowey grinned. "We're going to have a little chat with someone."

"What do you mean?" Frisk asked.

"Someone who shouldn't be hard to find. He's always close by."

Chara figured it out. "Nate?"

He was the obvious target. Malcom and Boaris would be ready for them, and Flowey still wasn't sure how Nora had detected him so easily. It was like she had some kind of sixth sense. An attack on any of them would probably go as about as well as last time. Miller, however, was stuck with them, and Flowey was confident he could get him to talk. "That's right. We're going to get Miller to tell us everything he knows."

"Who the hell is Miller?" Undyne asked.

"Frisk's stalker," Flowey answered. "He's in charge of some people that 'protect' Frisk. They secretly follow him around wherever he goes."

"Oh, like the Royal Guard, except creepier."

"Exactly."

"Not that I'm defending him, but what do you need him for?"

"That's... a long story," Chara said.

"We'll fill you in on the way," Flowey said.

Chara looked at Flowey with a sad expression. "Asriel, I wanted to spend some time with you today."

Flowey was honestly confused. "Then what's the problem? We're doing this together. We are spending time with each other."

"Yes, but, you know, not like this. I wanted to do something nice for you."

Aw, and here I thought you only care about Frisk now.

"Yeah," Frisk said. "Chara and I feel bad about what happened to you. We know it must have hurt, and we want to make it up to you."

Their worthless sentiments were lost on him. "Look, I'm sure Asriel would be touched, but the fate of the world is kind of at stake here. We don't have time to mess around. Whatever you have in mind can wait."

"To be honest," Chara said, "we did not have anything specific in mind. However, we want to give you a day of your own. We shall do whatever you desire... within reason."

Flowey could tell what they were thinking. What could they possibly do for someone unable to care about others? How could they possibly make him happy?

"Can we kill Boaris?" Flowey asked. "Because that's literally the only thing that would make me happy."

Chara sighed. "I wish, Asriel. I wish."

Yes, of course they couldn't. Although, Flowey did like the idea of being in control for a day. Having someone do everything he said was always fun, but fun wasn't what Flowey wanted at the moment. Aside from Boaris's SOUL, there was only one thing Flowey wanted.

"All right, I accept your offer!" Flowey exclaimed. "Today is Flowey Day! Today, you'll all do what I want! And if there's anything I want, it's to satisfy my curiosity. You see, this whole thing with Malcom, Felicia, and everyone else is all part of a big story, and I say, this story is moving too damn slow! It's time to stop flirting around and get this plot moving!"

Undyne was offended. "What? You got a problem with me and Alphys? You think romance is trashy? Well, it's not! It's adorable and awesome! You got that?!"

"Oh, you disgust me too," Flowey said, "but I was talking about a certain other pair."

Alphys giggled. "Undyne, you haven't heard?"

"Heard what?"

"Oh, you have no idea!"

"Huh?"

Frisk whispered something to Chara. She smiled and shook her head.

Alphys laughed. "Oh, nothing."

Undyne shrugged. "Whatever. I do agree that we need to get a move on already! This Miller guy isn't going to interrogate himself!"

"A fish after my soulless heart," Flowey quipped.

Frisk looked nervous. "I don't know about this."

Flowey groaned. "Come on, Frisk. I know you're big on your pacifism thing, but don't worry. We're not going to kill him. We're just gonna talk to him, and maybe beat him up a little! That's okay, right? Even you are not above giving people a good beating when they need it. You beat up Asgore after all!"

Frisk was visibly hurt. Maybe that was a bit harsh, not that Flowey could actually feel bad for him.

Chara glared at him. "Frisk didn't want to do that."

"Chara, I..."

"It's all right," Frisk said.

No, it wasn't all right. Flowey knew he was a sociopath, and he was sick of it. "I'm sorry, Frisk. I shouldn't have brought that up."

"Don't worry about it, and you're right. Like you said, not everything can be solved just by being nice."

"So, you'll do it?"

Frisk was on board. "Let's get him."

#

Nate hated this job.

It wasn't easy, following that kid around everywhere he went. He knew Frisk didn't like it, no one would, but they were both stuck with it. As much as Nate hated it, he did believe that his job was necessary. That terrorist attack had proven that. Frisk had to be guarded from such threats, and not to mention that crazy Chara kid he was so infatuated with.

If it were up to him, Nate would put a bullet in that lunatic's head and be done with her. He didn't care how much she had changed. Chara's crimes were unforgivable. Did Frisk have no sense of justice? No, of course not. Since when was there ever justice in this world? The world was a cruel, unforgiving place that murdered the innocent at its own fickle whims. Nate learned that long ago.

Although, he had to admit, there was something admirable about the way Frisk and Chara seemed to care for each other. Seeing them together, he couldn't help but think of Felicia. She was almost their age when she died, and Frisk reminded him of her. They were both so kind and determined to save the monsters, but Felicia could also be headstrong, sort of like Chara. Nate still didn't know if freeing the monsters was the right choice, but regardless, he missed Felicia dearly.

But, there was no time for worthless sentiment. He had to focus.

It was the middle of the day, and Frisk was walking with Chara in the center of Ebott City. For Nate and his squad, this was both a blessing and a curse. It was easier to blend in with the large crowds that roamed the urban jungle, but that also meant more eyes on them and more witnesses if they caused a scene. Nate didn't know exactly why Frisk had gone downtown, and his movements didn't make any sense. He and Chara moved through the dense city quickly and erratically. Most of his squad couldn't keep up. Only himself and two of his best agents, Agent Campbell and Agent Clark, still had him in sight. Clearly, they were trying to lose them, but why?

Suddenly, Chara led Frisk into a seemingly random, secluded alleyway devoid of people. What were they trying to pull?

"I don't like this," Clark said.

"You and me both," Nate replied.

"Orders?" Campbell requested.

"Let's move in together, nice and slow."

Nate, Campbell, and Clark grouped up at the alley's entrance. As they walked in, Frisk and Chara broke off into a sprint.

"The hell?" Campbell breathed.

"Pursue!" Nate ordered.

They didn't know what was going on, but they ran to follow them. As they gave chase, Nate heard something slam into the ground, followed by a yelp.

"I can't move!" Clark called out.

Nate and Campbell stopped to help their fellow agent. She was on the ground, and her soul was glowing with a strange green aura. Campbell tried to help her back up. She could move her arms around, but her legs were completely paralyzed. It was some kind of magic spell. If only Nora were around. She'd know what to do.

"Forget about me," Clark said.

Campbell tugged at her. "Come on! Shake it-" He fell over, surrounded by the same green aura. "Damn it! Miller, get out of here before it gets you too!"

Miller hated to leave them behind, but the mission came first. He saw Frisk turn a corner, and he ran as fast as he could. He turned the corner, and he felt something wrap itself around his body. Before he could react, he was helplessly lifted into the air. It was something green, and it smelled vaguely like a freshly mowed lawn. Well, this was something they hadn't gone over in basic.

"Hee hee hee. Howdy, Agent Miller!"

#

Flowey gleefully watched Miller squirm within his grasp. He never got tired of watching his victims struggle, and the plan was executed so flawlessly! He had to admit, having allies made things a lot more interesting. Undyne's paralysis spell proved to be very useful, and Alphys was also helpful for ditching the other agents. Friends were so useful! If only Flowey could actually care about them.

"Great job abandoning your friends!" Flowey mocked. "Made things real easy on us!"

"What are you doing?" Miller demanded as he kept struggling.

"I believe this is what you military types call an interrogation," Flowey answered.

Miller scoffed. "Interrogation? About what? I'm just a bodyguard. They don't tell me anything."

"Oh, we'll see about that." Flowey grabbed one of his fingers and bent it back. "It's funny. As dangerous as you are to monsters, you water sacks really aren't that durable. Want to find out how much force it takes to make you snap?"

"Asriel, that's enough!" Frisk shouted. "At least try to do this without threatening him!"

Flowey sighed. The naive idiot really didn't understand how an interrogation worked, but all right. He didn't want a repeat of what he did to Endogeny. Flowey let Miller down.

"What are you thinking?" Miller demanded. "Threatening an officer? Even for you, that's a dangerous move."

Chara folded her arms. "We require answers. You shall divulge everything you know about Malcom's plans."

Miller looked confused. "What are you talking about? What does Jacob have to do with this?"

"Do not take us for fools. We are already aware of his intention to empower Boaris with human souls. You are going to reveal when, where, and how."

"Are you insane? I know Jacob. He couldn't do something like that even if he wanted to. He may act tough, but when push comes to shove, he's a total wimp."

Well, he wasn't wrong about that. Malcom did act rather cowardly during Flowey's fight with Nora, but Flowey knew Malcom was serious. "Stop lying. You know what he's up to. We know you know what he's up to. So, why don't you spill it before I do something that'll make Frisk cry?"

"I told you," Miller spat. "I'm just a glorified bodyguard. Jacob told me to protect Frisk and report his actions, and that's it."

"Report his actions?" Chara said. "Hmm, interesting. What was the nature of this information the President requested?"

"Anything suspicious," he answered.

"Such as?"

"Like all those random expressions that he used to make when he was alone, except he wasn't alone, was he?"

"Even disregarding my presence, that would be true," Chara scathingly said.

Flowey dared to think he saw a flash of guilt in Miller's face. "Hey, I didn't enjoy-"

"NGAHHHHHH!"

Undyne flew into the alley and grabbed Miller by the collar. "All right, you creep! Start talking!"

Miller was unfazed. "Captain Undyne. Are you the one who paralyzed my men?"

Undyne laughed. "That's right! We monsters aren't all pushovers!" To prove her point, Undyne suplexed Miller and smashed his back on the ground. He groaned in pain.

Frisk, of course, felt bad. "Undyne! Don't hurt him if we don't have to!"

Undyne got Miller back to his feet. "Sorry, Frisk! Just having a little fun!"

"I could have you all arrested," Miller grumbled.

"Yeah, arrest Frisk," Flowey said. "That'll go really well. Won't piss anyone off at all."

"Yeah, now spill it!" Undyne exclaimed.

Miller was just as frustrated as they were. "For the last time, I know nothing about this 'plan' you think Jacob has. I know he doesn't like allowing the monsters to roam free, but that's it. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're out to get you."

"All right then," Flowey said. "Time to break some fingers."

"No, wait!" Frisk exclaimed. He looked at Miller. "The future of humans and monsters is at stake. Please, if you hold any love for monsters, help us stop Malcom."

"Jacob is not-"

Now there's a surprise. Seemingly out of character, Chara gently held Miller's shoulder. "Nate, I know Jacob's your friend, but he's making a terrible mistake. We have to stop him before he does something we'll all regret."

Wait, Nate? Jacob?

"Yeah," Miller said. "You know a lot about mistakes. Don't you, demon?"

Frisk suddenly didn't look so diplomatic anymore. "Don't call her that."

"What's wrong with you, Frisk? That demon tried to destroy her entire hometown and make her own brother a god of death. People like her are the reason we sealed the monsters away."

"And people like Malcom are the reason she wanted that!" Flowey countered.

"Irrelevant. She made her choice when she ate those buttercups. She deserves to stay dead. When you die, you're not supposed to come back." He pointed at Flowey. "And your fate was sealed the moment you absorbed Chara's soul. If you want to redeem yourselves, then stay dead!"

"You're wrong!" Frisk shouted. "Death isn't the only way! You have a soul of justice, don't you? Then you should know the difference between justice and vengeance!"

"Ha! Justice! As if this world knows a thing about justice!"

Frisk's anger subsided. "What makes you say that?"

"Justice is an illusion," Miller said. "All our fairy tales have you believe that good always conquers evil, but power is the only thing that counts for anything in this world."

Gee, I wonder what made him believe that.

"Nate," Chara said, "have you ever lost anyone? Someone you cared about?"

"Heh, is it that obvious? Yes, I have lost someone. If this world had any sense of justice, Felicia would still be alive."

Flowey, Frisk, and Chara all looked at each other.

"Dare I say..." Flowey said, "we can trust him?"

"What happened to Felicia?" Frisk asked Miller.

"She was one of my best friends," Miller said. "One day, she got deathly ill. They said it was a virus. She died shortly after. She died for no reason whatsoever. No greater good, no just cause, just a random, mindless virus, and no murderer to punish."

"Miller," Chara said, "what if I told you Felicia's death was no accident. What if I told you there was someone responsible for Felicia's death?"

Miller's breaths grew heavy. "What do you know about Felicia?"

Chara remained silent, but it didn't take long for Miller to connect the dots. "Your SOUL..."

Chara struggled to find the right words. "I..."

Miller grabbed Chara and pinned her against the wall. "That SOUL belongs to Felicia! Give it back!" He slammed his fist into her face. "Give it back you demon!" He hit her again. The ground was stained red with crimson drops of blood from Chara's mouth.

"Chara!" Frisk screamed.

"Let go of her you punk!" Undyne tried to pull Miller off of her, but he elbowed her stomach and made her collapse to her knees. Before Flowey could act, Miller pulled out his pistol and aimed it at Chara's head. He held her in a chokehold and turned to face them.

"Frisk," Flowey whispered, "it might be reset time."

"Frisk, Asriel," Chara whispered. "I..."

Miller struck her again. "Shut up!"

"Let her go!" Frisk pleaded. "Felicia wouldn't want this."

"If Chara came back," Miller yelled, "Felicia can come back too!"

"You hypocrite!" Flowey screamed. "Didn't you just say the dead should stay dead?"

"The difference," Miller said, "is that Felicia deserves to live! You know Felicia's life is worth more than Chara's!"

He had a point there. If there was a way to save Felicia, how could they justify saving Chara instead of her, aside from their own selfishness?

"I know you miss her," Frisk said, "but I won't let you kill Chara!"

Miller pressed his gun against Chara's temple. "You gonna reset, Frisk?! If you do, Jacob will want to know why. He will ask me, and I might remember! You may be the World Master, but you're not all-powerful! We can beat you!"

Flowey and Frisk both knew that perfectly well.

"If you reset, I'll kill her again!" Miller proclaimed. "I'll kill Chara as many times as it takes for you to stop playing God! Felicia didn't reset. She let herself die, so why won't you?!"

"Felicia did reset!" Frisk exclaimed. "I still don't know how she died, but I know she never wanted to leave you."

Miller's gun trembled in his hand. "Then, I'm bringing her back! Chara's life is a laughably small price to pay for Felicia's!"

"No!"

"I'm sorry, Nate," Chara said. "Felicia didn't deserve to die, but I doubt killing me will save her. If she ever awakens from death, I swear I'll put her life over my own."

Chara...

"You expect me to believe you're so selfless?!" Miller shouted. "You're a murderer! Now, give Felicia back!"

"Y-you're making a big mistake," Undyne wheezed.

Miller laughed humorlessly. "What does it matter? Frisk is going to reset this anyway."

"No, that's not it."

"Hmm?"

"If you don't let Chara go, you're really not going to like what happens next."

"Is that so?" Miller started to squeeze the trigger. Flowey's emotions were limited, but he could feel fear. He couldn't let Chara die. She had died enough times already. Flowey reached out to stop him.

But, just before he fired, Miller's SOUL glowed blue, and he was repeatedly pummeled against the wall. His pistol flew out of his hand and landed harmlessly on the concrete. Chara broke free and ran to Frisk and Flowey's side.

Frisk held her tight. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Frisk."

"Good," Flowey said. "If he killed you, I'd make him suffer more than he can imagine."

Frisk let go. "But, who helped us?"

Sans causally walked in. "Hey there."

Flowey had never been so happy to see Smiley Trashbag.

Frisk gave Sans a hug. He really had an addiction to hugging. "Oh my God, Sans! Thank you!"

"Heh, careful, kid. If you squeeze me too hard, you'll knock off my 1 HP."

"But, how did you...?"

Undyne coughed. "Alphys thought we might need some extra help."

Sans winked. "Yep. Good thing she did, huh?" He let go of Frisk and held Miller against the wall with his telekinetic magic.

"Sans..." Frisk breathed. "I didn't know you were so strong."

Flowey laughed to himself. Frisk had no idea. Sans hadn't even used his blasters.

Sans shrugged. "What? I'm actually the weakest monster. I can only deal one damage."

"One damage my ass," Miller groaned, earning him another slam against the floor.

"Learned your lesson?"

"Who killed her?" Miller asked. "Who killed Felicia?"

Flowey wrapped a vine around Miller's neck. "Why the hell should we tell you anything after that?!"

Chara waved her hand. "It's okay, Asriel."

"Fine, but if he tries anything else, he's dead." Flowey and Sans let him down.

Chara looked at Miller. "We don't know who killed Felicia, but we're trying to find out. Through Felicia's SOUL, I have been experiencing some of her memories. So far, I've witnessed the murder of her brother."

Miller didn't understand. "Why would someone kill Jacob?"

"It was most likely a tactic to demotivate Felicia."

He looked despondent. "So, that's what really happened. Someone used her brother against her."

"Nate," Frisk said, "please, if you know anything at all, it would be a huge help. We want to find out the truth behind this."

Miller paused for some time. "There is one thing. We've interrogated those terrorists that abducted you. All their leader said about the SOUL was that it was given to them by a 'generous benefactor' who 'finally handed it over.'"

Finally? Then, that means...

"Melty was involved in Felicia's death," Chara said.

Miller couldn't help but snicker. "Melty? That's what you called him?"

"You know his real name?" Flowey asked.

Miller shook his head. "No, it was kind of hard to identify a puddle."

"Melty it is then!" Frisk said.

For a rare moment, Miller gave a lighthearted expression, but it faded as fast as it came. "I can't believe this," he muttered. "All these years, I thought a virus was responsible for Felicia's death. I never had any idea it was murder... Agh!" He furiously shook his fists. "They played us like a damn fiddle!"

"Hey, take it easy," Flowey said. "I'm not sure what fiddles have to do with this, but I know what it's like to lose someone."

Miller sighed. "I think deep down, I always knew there was more to it. Something always bothered me about Felicia's death. Something I've forgotten, yet can't forget. A phantom pain that won't go away. I know you can't forgive me after what I did, but I need to know who did this."

Flowey raised an eyebrow. "Does that mean you won't try to kill my sister?"

"You're right. It won't bring Felicia back." He looked at Chara. "You used Felicia's death to save yourself, so at least promise me you'll bring her murderer to justice."

"I promise," Chara said.

"And that SOUL is all that's left of her, so, take care of her."

"I will."

Frisk held Miller's shoulder. "I forgive you." Of course he did, damn him.

"Can yous hate anyone, Frisk?" Miller asked. "I just assaulted your lover, and you're already forgiving me?"

Undyne gasped. "Wait, what?!"

"I admit, it wasn't easy," Frisk said. "I can't stand seeing Chara get hurt, but I can't blame you for wanting your friend back."

Miller frowned. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry."

Frisk smiled. "I'm so proud of you! You've come such a long way from emotionless government bad guy!"

"Yeah, yeah..."

Undyne got up. "Well, looks like we're done here."

"Are you all right, Undyne?" Frisk asked.

"Of course I'm all right! It'll take more than one hit to kill me!" She smiled. "So, you and Chara, huh?"

Frisk smiled back. "Yep!"

Chara held his hand. "Yes, Frisk is so kind, forgiving, sweet, and handsome too!"

He blushed. "Oh, stop it!"

"I was so happy when he confessed to me!"

"Chara, I believe you confessed first!"

"Oh, come on, Frisk! 'I might start wanting a bit more?' That was as good a confession as any!"

"Yes, start wanting a bit more. I didn't say I wanted you now!"

"Well, you certainly sounded very interested."

Frisk kissed her cheek. "Yes, I am."

Flowey wasn't even going to ruin this. He had to admit, they were cute together, but he wouldn't dare say it out loud.

"So romantic," Chara purred. "I'd kiss back, but..." She wiped some blood off her mouth.

Frisk summoned some monster chocolate from his dimensional box. "Here, this will help."

"Frisk, I love you." She immediately tore into the chocolate.

"I love you too, Chara," he replied warmly.

"You two really make me want to see Alphys again," Undyne said. "Hey, here's an idea! I'm starving! Why don't we all go out to Grillby's?"

"That sounds great!" Frisk exclaimed. "That is, if it's okay with you, Asriel. This is still your day."

"Well, you did do what I asked you," Flowey said. "I guess we can take a break now. We can discuss what we've learned there."

"A break? Well, if you insist," Sans said.

"It's settled then!" Undyne said. "Me, Alphys, Frisk, Chara, Asriel, and Sans to Grillby's!"

"Nate, want to join us?" Frisk asked. "You have to follow me anyway."

Really, Frisk? Forgiving him is one thing, but inviting him to lunch?

Miller shrugged. "Sure, why not?"

They started to leave. As they did, Sans grabbed Frisk's arm. Flowey listened closely.

"What is it, Sans?" Frisk asked.

"I hope you know what you're doing, kid," he whispered.

"What? Nate's cool. Well, you know, when his temper is in control."

"I wasn't talking about him."

Frisk was confused at first, then he looked slightly offended. "Chara's not a threat to anybody."

After an awkward pause, Sans laughed it off. "Hey, lighten up! You know I like to joke around!"

Yeah, that was not a joke, and Frisk knew it. Why did Sans like to be so creepy sometimes? Flowey never figured that one out.

Chara, who hadn't seemed to have overheard, ran to Frisk and tugged on his arm. "Come on, Frisk! Are you stopping to smell the flowers? Let's go!"

Frisk smiled. "Right behind you!"

After another day of almost dying, they went to Grillby's for a much-needed break.

#

"Hey!" Campbell called out. "Anybody? We're still stuck here."

"It's gotta wear off eventually," Clark said. "It wears off, right?"

Campbell sighed. "Help! We've fallen and we can't get up!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.2K 1.2K 45
Chara is king, Asriel has gone missing, and there is another human in the underground. What will happen? (Chara is a boy, Frisk is a girl)
1.2K 20 24
Frisk, Chara, and Sans are the only ones who know about the resets. While the latter has plenty of support from his brother whenever he reaches for o...
118K 2.7K 63
Undertale Fanfic-Male Reader X Female Frisk and Chara Genre:Fantasy,Music,Lots of Dialogue and Character Development Alternate Timeline from the fir...
39.2K 761 21
Just as Frisk is getting settled on the surface. She starts having night terrors of Asriel and Chara. She packs her things and heads into Mt. Ebott t...