Frisk: God of the World

By HeroicSpectre

It has been one year since Frisk freed the monsters. Asriel is still missing, and dear Chara is still trapped... More

World Master
The Embassy
FPS
Not Dead
Greetings
Idiot
Hopeless Dreams
Revelations
Judgement
Can't Let Go
Not Your Decision
Playtime
Pain Teaches
Till the Petals Fall
Favorite Person
Then and Now
Pieces
Phantom Pain
Burn in Despair
Inhuman
Murderer
Break
Players and Pawns
Long Live the Demon
Goodnight
Fortress of Lies
Unsaved Progress
Awakening
Justice
Multiplayer
Mirrors
Fun
Not Fun
Keep Moving
Redacted
Goner
Home
Get Out of My Head
Dreams of Power
Demon Tears
Family Reunion
Before the Storm
You Can't Handle the Truth
Heartbreak
Trust Me
The World Must Go On
Double EXP
New Management
Power
God of the World
Good Morning
New Life

Confessions

1.2K 30 25
By HeroicSpectre

"Chara, I said it before. Even after all this time... you're still the only one who understands me."

-Flowey

#

Toriel finally received a call from Frisk. She could tell from her child's voice that something terrible had happened, but all Frisk said was that he, Chara, and Asriel would be back soon. Toriel was going to make snail pie for them, but something in the back of her mind told her not to, so she made more butterscotch-cinnamon pie instead. She dearly hoped that they were okay, and she wished they would tell her what was wrong. In the past, Chara and Asriel had both acted this way often. Sometimes they would look so depressed, but whenever she tried to ask what was wrong, Chara would just laugh it off and insist that everything was fine. Asriel had often cried, but he also refused to explain why.

In retrospect, Toriel had gotten a good idea what their problems were. Asriel, as the Prince of Monsters, lived a rather sheltered life. He had been very lonely, and he was worried about his future responsibilities as the heir to the throne, as the heir to a kingdom that was barley clinging to its hope. It was not until he found Chara that Asriel had truly felt close to someone. As for Chara... she did not climb Mount Ebott for a happy reason. She understood and shared Asriel's fears over his royal title, as well as his loneliness. As someone who had been hailed as 'the future of humans and monsters,' Chara was also afraid of not living up to her expectations. Combine that with her hatred for humanity... it was no wonder what had happened.

Toriel frowned. As their mother, she had failed both of them. She should have understood what they were going through long before they had taken such drastic actions. She was supposed to take care of them. She was supposed to keep them safe, but she did not. She let her children die. She had failed them...

...Toriel was not going to fail her children again.

At last, her children arrived home. Frisk opened the door. The expression on his face, on all their faces, was heartbreaking. They looked so defeated, and Frisk had... blood on his shirt? What had happened?!

"My children..." Toriel said. "What is the matter? Frisk, why is there blood on your shirt?"

None of them answered. They all just gave her a sad look.

"A-are you hurt, Frisk?" Toriel asked. "O-or, is that..."

Frisk shook his head. "Don't worry. It's my blood, but I'm okay now."

That was awful, but at least it was not like his abduction. Toriel knew how horrible it was like to watch someone die right before one's eyes, no matter how terrible that person was, but...

"Talk to me," Toriel pleaded. "Frisk, what happened to you? Why did you reset? Why did you flee your home so suddenly?"

Frisk barley made eye contact with her. "There... there was an accident."

Toriel could hardly believe the story that Frisk told her. He told her about how he saw the amalgamate called Endogeny inadvertently kill an innocent child, and how he tried but failed to persuade the authorities not to arrest them. He neglected to explain how he got his blood on his shirt, but Toriel decided not to ask. She was glad Frisk opened up as much as he did... Oh dear, that sounded like an awful pun!

"We couldn't stop them," Frisk said. "I knew they didn't deserve to be taken away, but I couldn't stop them..."

"Do not feel bad, Frisk," Toriel told him. "I know that you did all you could." She smiled. "Do not worry. I am certain that when the courts judge them, they will find Endogeny innocent. I highly doubt this case will even go beyond the preliminary hearing."

"Y-yeah," Frisk said. He looked a bit better. "You're right. Endogeny will be fine. No sane jury would convict them. The crime hasn't even happened, and they didn't plan the crime. Even if I didn't reset, they weren't mentally stable enough to be considered guilty. There's nothing to worry about. Thanks, Mom."

Toriel pat Frisk's head. "Everything will be alright, my child." She looked at Asriel and Chara. They did not look as convinced. "Asriel? Chara? Are you two alright?"

"Yeah, just fine," Chara lied.

Before they died, Toriel would have allowed her children to work out this matter themselves. Not anymore. Toriel looked through her. "Chara, what is disturbing you?"

Chara avoided eye contact. "Don't you see? This isn't about Endogeny. They killed a human. They could have absorbed a human SOUL. No matter what happens to Endogeny... we are now one step closer to the next Human-Monster War."

The Human-Monster War... Indeed, that atrocity was not something that Toriel wished to relive. She still remembered when the first war started. It had happened so fast, so suddenly. The humans had feared the monsters' power to absorb human SOULs so greatly that they united in a campaign to exterminate the entire monster race. While it was true that monsters had absorbed human SOULs before, it had never been done with malignant intentions. Even so, the humans were not willing to risk allowing such a dangerous power to exist. Countless monsters were turned to dust. It was only through their surrender that monsters were spared, but sealed underground.

Yet, despite losing many loved ones during the war, Toriel did not hold a grudge against humanity. It was not fair to blame the humans for something that had happened millennia ago. That said, it was important to remember history, lest it be repeated.

"I believe humans and monsters have both learned from the past," Toriel said. "They know what such a war would lead to. I am confident that we will not make the same mistake a second time."

Chara' scowled. "How can you say that? Until they saw Asriel, the humans had completely forgotten about us. Monsters never forgot what they had lost, but among humans, the war had faded into mere myth and legend. That's how little the humans cared. They couldn't even be bothered to remember what they had done to an entire species. They felt no regret for the genocide they had committed."

Toriel was at a loss for words. She had to do something, but what could Toriel say? What could she say to someone who hated humanity so strongly that it drove her to sacrifice her own life?

"Humans never learn," Chara growled. "At this rate, it's only a matter of time until Malcom and Boaris get their war! I just hope when it's all over, the MONSTERS are the ones left standing!"

Toriel felt like her SOUL had stopped. She knew that Chara hated humanity, but witnessing it firsthand was an entirely different matter. How could she not have realized how strong it was? Did she not truly understand her own child?

It was so obvious now. Toriel recalled the first family photo they had taken with Chara. She had hidden her face behind the bouquet of flowers they had given her. Back then, Toriel had laughed it off as mere childish silliness, but now Toriel could see the pain and anxiety that her adopted child had been expressing.

When they first met, Chara was so afraid. She did not yet trust her new family. She did not become like a sister to Asriel overnight; it slowly happened over time. Toriel had not liked to think about it, but it was clear that Chara's past on the surface had conditioned her to be distrustful of others. The signs were all there, but Toriel had failed to to see just how far Chara was willing to go. Toriel could only blame herself for that.

Chara noticed the pain Toriel was feeling and immediately looked away in shame. "I never learn, either."

Toriel tried to comfort Chara, but Chara brushed her away and ran to her room. Toriel sat down at the kitchen table and rested her head on it.

Asriel sighed and looked at Frisk. "You get Chara. I'll take care of Mom."

"...Okay."

#  

Frisk left to coddle his precious not-quite-yet-official-but-you-know-it's-coming girlfriend. Meanwhile, Flowey looked at the old hag that was Toriel.

"What do you want?" Toriel asked dejectedly. "What could I possibly do for you?"

Flowey used his vines to pull himself up on top of the table. One might not think a soulless creature like himself would be able to console anyone, but on the contrary, Flowey had become friends with everyone in the underground at least once. He had done everything that world had to offer, good and bad. He knew Toriel better than he knew her when he was Asriel. He had made her happy... and he had made her suffer. He knew exactly how Chara had broken Toriel. He had this. Flowey rested a vine on Toriel's shoulder, calmly looked her in the eyes, and gently said...

"QUIT WHINING!"

Toriel groaned.

Okay, maybe this was a bit harder without actually being able to reset anymore. Flowey sighed. "Look, I get that you feel pathetic for letting me, Chara, and six other children die." Genius, Flowey. Bring up the other children. Guilt trip her back down to the underground why don't you? "But what Chara and I did, that was something no one could predict. Believe me, I know a thing or two about predicting people. It wasn't your fault."

Toriel lifted her head and looked at him. "Asriel, do you still love Chara?"

That question caught Flowey off guard. "Huh? Well... I don't really love anyone anymore," he answered honestly. "But... up to the end, yes. Even as he died, Asriel still loved Chara."

"I see," Toriel replied. "You were very compassionate, my child. If I were in your position, I must confess that I do not know if I could still love Chara." Toriel sniffled. "I am sorry, but there is no denying it. What she tried to make you do was sick. I still love her because she is my child, but if she were not, well, look what happened between me and your father. I could never truly forgive him for his actions, and what Chara did is not that different. They have both committed utterly disgusting acts."

Yeah... good thing you don't remember the things I've done to you.

"...Hey," Flowey said. "Wasn't it you who said not to blame anyone? We're all at fault here. Don't tell Frisk I said this, but honestly, Chara does have more than her fair share of blame. Still, I'm hardly blameless myself. I could've stopped Chara. I could've told you what she wanted me to do, but instead I handed her the flowers she killed herself with. I don't regret the decision I made at the village, but I regret that decision more than anything. If anyone let Chara die, it's me, not you."

"...My child," Toriel said. "You no longer view yourself as Asriel, do you? I understand if you do not want me to think of you as Asriel. However, I will still consider you my child. Even if you cannot love me, I shall love you regardless."

...Nope, nothing. He had heard it before, in fact.

"I don't think any of us are the same person we were back then," Flowey said. "You, me, Chara, Dad... we've all changed."

"I... I suppose we have... Haha, remember the first picture we took with Chara?"

Flowey genuinely smiled. "Ah, yes. She was so nervous back then."

"Needless to say, it was not the last. We took another later, and the difference was astonishing! You could really see how much happier she had become!"

"Heehee, yeah. It made me so happy."

"...I am sorry," Toriel apologized. "I know we have all suffered. I will try to be strong for you. Do not worry about me. I shall be all right." She rested her head back on the table. "I just need a minute."

Flowey sighed again. I hope Frisk is doing better...

#

Frisk quietly entered his room. He looked inside and saw Chara sitting on the couch. She looked like she wanted to cry, but she was holding it back. She jumped a bit when she saw him "Oh, Frisk! I'm... I'm fine! Don't worry about me!"

Frisk smiled at her. "Alright, then may I sit with you? I've haven't had you all to myself since I got you out of my head."

He had no shame.

Despite herself, Chara's cute pink cheeks grew pinker. "S-sure, Frisk. I'd like that."

Frisk sat down next to her on the couch. They were both silent for a while. Eventually, Chara turned to face him. She touched the bloodstain on his shirt. "I'm sorry, Frisk. I've been a bad friend, haven't I?"

Frisk shook his head. "Don't say that. You've always been a great friend to me."

Chara frowned, still tracing his bloodstain. "Look at this. I did this. I made my brother torture a mentally ill dog, and this is what you had to do to stop me."

"Well, that's not something you hear everyday."

"I... I guess not."

Frisk held her hand. "Hey, you did what you had to do. Believe it or not, I'm glad you did it. Yes, you did take it too far. Yes, I had to stop you, but I don't know if I could have gotten through to Endogeny like you did. If it were just me, Endogeny may never have understood what they had done. You helped them in a way I never could have. You're strong, Chara."

Chara laughed quietly. "Why am I not surprised? As long as it's there, you can see the good in anyone." She paused for a moment. "How about Nora? Can you think of anything nice to say about her?"

Frisk smirked. "Well, she's got some nice purple eyes and-"

Chara slapped him, not too hard. "Frisk! She's at least three times your age! Then again, you did flirt with Toriel..."

Frisk laughed. "I'm kidding! You know that! Besides, they are nothing compared to your beautiful red eyes!"

Chara grew hot and flustered. "Wh-what's with you and my eyes? You have red eyes too, you know."

"Yes, but yours are so bright and passionate!"

Chara barley managed to stop blushing. "Please stay focused. This is important. Jokes aside, anything you like about Nora?"

Frisk thought it over. "Hmm... well, despite teasing him, she seems to like her brother, so she can at least be nice to the people she cares about. Actually, if you just take away her blatant racism against monsters, I'm not sure if she's that bad a person at all."

"Ah, Frisk. Of course. Of course you don't hate her. You're so precious." She frowned. "But, I could never be nearly as forgiving as you. I hate her with every bone in my body. I can't believe she pointed her sword at you! If she had dared to spill a single drop of your blood, I would've KILLED HER!"

"I... I understand. I don't like violence, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to protect someone you love."

Chara calmed down. "I do love you, Frisk," she said. "But, doesn't it bother you? Knowing how different I am? How hateful I can be? Asriel was right; I'm nothing like you."

Frisk held her hand tighter. "Chara, we have more in common than you realize. For starters, we both love monsters, don't we? We were both willing to fight for their freedom. You did take it too far, but that's not unforgivable. Well, I forgive you, at least."

"I... I don't know..." Chara said. "Which was stronger? My love for monsters, or my hatred for humanity? What was I really fighting for? You like to think that I did it for love, but what if I was just a demon all along? Even I'm not sure."

Frisk touched the heart locket that Chara wore around her neck. "What kind of demon would wear something like this?"

Chara held her locket and looked at it for a while. "Anything else?"

Frisk smiled. "Well, there is our fashion sense! And our hairstyles! I bet people can't tell us apart at a glance!"

Chara failed to resist smiling back. "Serious answers only please."

"But Chara, that's one of the things I love about you. You can get very serious, but you also have a great sense of humor!"

"Frisk..."

Frisk put his hands up. "Alright, alright! Serious Mode: on!" He thought it over some more. He frowned. He did come up with something serious.

"...We both have red eyes," he said. That was not a joke. Their eye color, their SOUL color, was not superficial by any means.

"...Yeah," Chara said, understanding Frisk's meaning. "Heh, I guess that's also something Felicia has in common with us... Hey, I still haven't told you about my last dream."

Frisk had almost forgotten. "Ah, yes! Tell me everything!"

Chara explained everything about her latest dream of Felicia. "So... still think Nora's not that bad?"

Frisk thought about it. "Well, her opinion on World Masters isn't exactly unusual."

Chara's red eyes flashed with anger. "That's hardly the worst part. She would have let the monsters rot underground forever. Even if she didn't have a hand in Felicia's death, she probably wasn't exactly sad to see Felicia go."

"It does move her up the suspect list," Frisk admitted. "But it doesn't prove anything."

Chara sighed, and she smiled. "In any case, I still can't believe Nate is Nora's brother. He's Agent Miller! I don't know how that goofball became the military robot he is now! I mean, it has been a long time, but still."

Frisk chuckled. "Ah, so that's what you were freaking out over." Although, Frisk was curious as well. What did change Nate? What froze the soul he apparently once had? Could it have been... fallout from Felicia's death? Or... was it an act all along? Jacob, Nora, Nate, and their parents were all possible killers.

"But Felicia was so awesome!" Chara exclaimed. "You should have seen her! The way she stood up to Nora! It was incredible!"

Frisk smiled. "I'm glad you found another human you like."

Chara frowned.

Frisk realized his mistake. "S-sorry, I didn't mean to insult you."

Chara shook her head. "No, you're right. I need to understand that you're not the only good human out there. There are good humans. I know that. I always knew that. It's just... I can't stop seeing the worst in humanity. The monsters said it themselves. Monsters pride themselves on love and compassion, while a human can easily live without those things."

"I know you're not going to start loving humanity overnight," Frisk said. "I know I'm not enough to represent an entire race. Give it some time. I'm sure you'll warm up to them, if you just try."

"Assuming the worst doesn't happen," Chara said. "How could I ever forgive humanity if they let the war start a second time?"

Frisk struggled to come up with something to say, but how could she forgive humanity if they slaughtered everyone she loved?

A desperate expression appeared on Chara's face. Suddenly, she pinned Frisk against the back of the couch and grabbed him by the shoulders, rather tightly. "Ch-Chara?!"

"Frisk! Tell me it's going to be okay! Tell me there WON'T be another war! Tell me I won't have to watch Asriel die again!"

Frisk took a deep breath. He answered Chara as hopefully yet honestly as he could. "I know things look bad. I don't know what I can do to fight Malcom and Boaris, but I won't give up! I want a future where everyone gets along in spite of their differences, and I'll do anything to stop another war from being fought over them..." Frisk touched Chara's cheek. "But, I can't do it alone."

Chara's eyes welled up with hope. She embraced him. "Thank you, Frisk. I still can't say I trust humanity, but I trust you. I'm so glad I met you."

Frisk smiled. "You know, Chara. If you keep holding me like this, I might start wanting a bit more..."

Chara's entire face glowed red. She jumped off him and looked away. Frisk laughed in his head. Maybe that was a bit too much...

"F-Frisk..." Chara stuttered. "I... I have to ask you something... What exactly am I to you?"

Frisk made a tantalizing smirk. "Ah, Chara. You want me to just come out and say it? Where's the fun in that?"

Chara appeared to be screaming in her head. "Y-you... motherflirting... frisky... Frisk..."

Aww, poor Chara...

#

...No. He's not going to beat me. I'll show him who's in control!

Chara calmed herself and gave Frisk her best seductive grin. "You don't want to tell me? Fine, but I'm not so patient. I'll come out and say how I feel." She crawled back over him. She could see his cheeks starting to turn pink like hers. Good. The more uncomfortable he was, the better. Ignoring her own impulse to blush, Chara whispered in his ear...

"...I want you, Frisk."

Frisk's blush went from pink to deep red. "Ch-Chara... I... I..."

Revenge was sweet. Chara didn't relent. She lovingly stroked his cute chocolate brown hair. "At a loss for words? That's alright. Take your time, my sweet Frisk."

Frisk stared into her. His red eyes were so dashing. "Chara... would you like to go on a date with me?"

And with that... Chara immediately went back to blushing harder than Tsunderplane. "F-Frisk... are you serious?"

"Yes."

"You mean, an actual date?"

"Yes."

"Not like, a date with Papyrus date? A real date?"

"A real date."

Chara's SOUL pounded. She struggled to speak while Frisk looked at her with nervous anticipation. "Chara... please say something..."

Chara couldn't believe it. Frisk had actually asked her out! Chara couldn't believe that such a kind and loving person could want her. She didn't deserve him. No one who had committed sins as great as hers deserved someone so pure. She should have told him that she wasn't good enough for him, that he could find someone better than her, but instead...

"Yes," Chara said. "Let's go on a date, Frisk!"

#

Wait a minute, Flowey thought. I hope Frisk isn't doing TOO well!

#

"Those two were really insufferable together... Nuzzling noses, bein' all cute n' cuddly in public... Embarrassing their children... They were so sweet it made me SICK. Thank god those days are over!"

-Gerson

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261 11 29
Can someone be forgiven? Do people really change? Chara knows that nobody will forget what they have done but maybe they can prove that they have cha...
8.1K 236 15
Sans has been through many resets, but this particular reset is different. Frisk lost her ability to reset player has left her alone, Chara is no lon...
338K 5.7K 27
It's been four long years since Frisk saved Chara. Chara had tried to thank the child by helping them rid and keep away the Anti-Monster cult members...
2.7K 90 17
Determination. A trait all humans are born with. But in a great quantity, determination can give a human life changing strength. Such as the ability...