Our Story

By Mk1120

I curled under the jungle gym and cried my eyes out. Suddenly a shadow hovered over me. I looked up saw a boy... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Important Note!!
14
I'M BACK!!!!!!!
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
IMPORTANT NOTE
Kaden's POV: CHAPTER 10 & 11
24
Kaden's POV: CHAPTER 17 Part 1
Kaden's POV: Part 2
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
*IMPORTANT*
35
36
37
38
39
40
*Important*
Important
41
42
43
44
45- Epilogue
~Important~
Bonus Chapter? Yay or Nay?
BONUS CHAPTER UP!!!
EXTRA!!!
EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!!
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT
!Winners!
Guess the Date
SNEAK PEAK CONTEST!!
I've Been Thinking...

28

213K 7.8K 959
By Mk1120

🐾Sky's POV🐾

"Sky" a gruff voice whined "Don't be like this, I'm said I'm sorry"

I glared at him but said nothing. I was giving him the silent treatment after his little fight. Both of those two idiots were banned from doing anything fun while we were here.They had earlier curfews than the rest of us and must always check in with a teacher before they go anywhere.

I wasn't mad because he fought Christian. Oh no, I was mad because the Idiot didn't seem to consider the consequences of his actions.

He basically doomed me too.

I couldn't hang out with my boyfriend because of his stupidity.

I stomped towards the rest of the group, ignoring his pleads.

"Okay Everyone!!" Ms. Kyle yelled "We're going to split into groups and these Lovely forest Rangers are going to give us a brief little history lesson"

I looked behind Ms.Kyle and there were 5 men standing there, patiently waiting for her to finish.

"When I call your name get with your group. Remember Seniors, if you whine or complain about your group, you receive a F in classwork assignments. We might be out of school but, we still have the power to grade you outside the classroom"

A few people grumbled but other than that, everyone was relatively quiet.

I felt Kaden's presence a few feet behind me.

He wouldn't dare come closer because he knew I was upset and wouldn't be afraid to knee his baby makers in front of everyone.

Ms. Kyle divided us into groups and I noticed that she separated Kaden, Lauren, and I.

Kaden was going to argue with her decision when I shot him a glare. At this point, he couldn't really afford to argue with anyone, especially the teachers.

I turned back to my group and noticed that most of them where in my Economics class. I blew out a breath. They were friendly enough but I really didn't associate with anyone besides Kaden and Lauren.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't Antisocial or anything but I learned early on that you can only trust a handful of people. The fact that most girls used me to get to Kaden only reinforced the lesson of All for One and One for All.

There was a very short list of people who I trusted and sadly, none of these people were on the list.

"Okay!" Ms. Kyle Exclaimed "Now that I split you into 5 groups, the tour can begin!"

One of the 5 Rangers came up to our group and offered us a friendly smile. He was an older gentleman, with slightly graying hair, and warm brown eyes.

He immediately reminded me of my dad.

"Hey Kiddos, My name's Bryan and I will be teaching you a little bit about the Lupine Woods rich history"

"I thought this was the Caynine Woods?" Jared, the class clown asked.

"Caynine Woods is the new name that the state decided to name it" Bryan said "Orignially, these woods were called the Lupine woods because of all the wolves lurking around"

"Wolves" a girl asked frightened

"Don't worry" Bryan reassured us quickly "this is their off season. They normally don't come around until the summer"

She nodded but still seemed unsure about his answer.

"Okay, why don't we begin?" Bryan suggested

We all nodded our heads and he motioned for us to follow him.

I noticed that the other tour guides did the same thing.

My eyes snapped to Kaden's group and our eyes immediately met.

My glare softened when he mouthed "I Love You" to me.

Bryan walked us deeper into the forest and stopped at a huge Oak tree. He pointed to some stumps and we all sat down.

"Once upon a time..." Bryan began but Jared's snort stopped him from continuing.

We all shushed him and motioned for Bryan to continue

"As I was saying" he shot Jared a glare"Once upon a time there was group of indigenous natives here. They often kept to themselves and didn't really interact with neighboring tribes. They lived in peace. That is until One day a group of settlers arrived. At first, they didn't really bother the indigenous natives but then more settlers came. Some of the other tribes moved away, fearing that the settlers would hurt them" he paused and we were all enthralled with the story. Even Jared was paying attention, something he normally didn't do.

"And of course, they were right. The settlers took all the land that all the tribes vacated and continued to take more. When the indigenous natives refused to give up their land, the settlers retaliated. They would steal food, kill livestock, and mock the natives. Since they were a peaceful group, they took the settlers abuse. The Chief reminded his people that they were nothing like the settlers and they would get their comeuppance when the time was right. But sadly that never came. The more that the natives ignored the settlers, the more brutal they became. The Natives believed their chief when he said that the settlers would get what's coming to them and for a while, the settlers stopped bothering them. The Chief was happy that there was finally peace between the Settlers and his People. Until the day the Settlers went to far." Bryan looked at us and handed me a tissue,I didn't even realize I was crying.

After a few minutes, Bryan continued the story "One day the Chief stepped outside, and noticed that his only son was lying on the floor, battered and beaten to death. The Chief cried an agonizing cry while he held on to his son, rocking him back and forth and praying to the Gods to take his life instead. He didn't understand how people can be so ruthless and take the life of a innocent child for land, land that is worthless when compared to life.The Chief knew he had to avenge his son but he had to be very smart about how he approached the Settlers.They had more resources than the Natives, like metal guns and knives. The Natives only had bows and arrows. That night he called upon the tribes ancestors around a fire and asked them to give him a weapon that will protect him against their guns and knives and serve them the Justice they deserve. Suddenly the fire changed colors and a figure formed in the flames. The Chief watched the flames in amazement as they depicted a Wolf running. He realized too late that the Wolf was running towards him. The flames exploded and wrapped around his body. Immediately he knew something was wrong. Instead of the flames burning him to ash, the heat danced on his skin. The Ancestors had granted his request. A few minutes later, the flames disappeared and a Wolf stood where the Chief was"

Bryan stopped.

"Why'd you stop?" Jared asked

"Because that's where the story ends"

"WHAT!!" Everyone screeched

"It can't end" I said

Bryan laughed "Sorry Kiddos, that all I know. No one knows The rest of the story."

"No one at all? How is that possible?" Jared asked

"Sometimes, stories have missing pieces. This is one of those stories"

"That Sucks" Jared pouted "We don't even get to find out what happened next"

"What do you think happened next Mr. Bryan?" I asked

He smiled at me "I think the Chief gave those people what they deserved"

We heard a bell ring

"Okay Kiddos, it's lunch" Bryan said and walked us back to the cabins. Everyone in my group was talking about the story.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for the Chief.

To lose his only son because of people's greed must have been awful.

I didn't realize that I stopped following the group until someone grabbed me by the shoulder and spun me around. It wasn't threatening but it was aggressive.

At that point, I let my reflexes take over.

I raised my knee and a second later it made contact with something.

More specifically someone.

I gasped as I watched the person crumble to the ground, groaning in pain.

"Oh My God! I'm sorry..."

🐾🐾🐾🐾

HEY GUYS!!

THINGS ARE GETTING SERIOUS!!

HOPED YOU ENJOYED THE CLIFFHANGER!!

WHO DO YOU THINK SKY KNEED?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

754K 24.6K 33
"Help us..." I look down, seeing two twins sitting on the ground, backs leaning against the wall. As it rains I can see them trembling pitifully in...
249K 8.5K 37
You meet a wolf in the forest where your house is located. He was hiding behind a bush. You didn't know until you heard a noise coming from the bush...
188K 4.6K 33
"You rejected me!! Not the other way around!!" I yelled at him, tears streaming down my face. "I know." He says, he head hangs low. "And I'm sorry...
759K 17.6K 47
Mia is a sassy girl and a werewolf with an honest heart and, she lives with her father and her older brother, her father is the beta of her pack, Sil...