Billionaire's Second Chance A...

By ditikoshy

*𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐏𝐀𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃* After a short-lived marriage with the cold and arrogant billionaire Ronin L... More

Copyright & Stuff
[ π’π„π€π’πŽπ πŽππ„ ]
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
[ π’π„π€π’πŽπ π“π–πŽ ]
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
[ π’π„π€π’πŽπ 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ]
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eight One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eight Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty Six
Chapter Eighty Seven
Chapter Eighty Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter Hundred
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118

Chapter Ninety-Four

368 27 7
By ditikoshy

The drive to the hospital was rushed and unnerving.

Carmen couldn't sit straight, always shifting and finding her gaze running to Ronin. He seemed to have taken a spot behind the steering wheel, not trusting the driver to go fast enough for them to reach the hospital as soon as possible.

She knew Ronin and Grandpa shared a special bond, so if there was anyone hit the hardest by the news about Grandpa, it had to be Ronin. She felt terrible for him, seeing him gripping the steering wheel tight enough to turn his knuckles pale.

She had tried to talk to him, to assure him and convince him to relax. But Ronin, as if lost in his own head, merely replied with a hum or a nod. That's all she got from him during the entire drive, and as soon as they reached the hospital and he parked the car, he took off without even waiting for her.

Carmen didn't mind. She knew he was worried. She was worried too.

She rushed after Ronin as he hustled through the hospital corridors, his long strides leaving her slightly breathless. The sterile scent of antiseptic filled the air as they reached the floor where Grandpa was being treated.

Outside the emergency room, they found Ronin's dad—Eddie Logan—pacing the corridor, while Ronin's mom—Jade—stood to the side, chewing on her nails.

Eddie looked up as Ronin approached, his face etched with worry. "Thank God, you're here."

"What happened, Dad?" Ronin asked, his voice tense. He was still on edge, more so than he had been in the car.

Eddie sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I... I don't know. They're saying it's a heart attack. I tried to ask, but they rushed him inside." He ran a hand through his hair again, looking clearly exhausted. "Joy brought him to the hospital. He called me when the doctors confirmed that the attack was a serious one."

Eddie glanced at Carmen, acknowledging her presence with a brief nod.

Ronin's face tightened with concern. "Is he stable? Can we see him?"

Eddie shook his head. "Not yet. The doctors are still with him, trying to stabilize him. They'll let us know as soon as they can."

Jade, visibly distressed, added, "We've been here for what feels like forever. I can't stand not knowing what's happening."

Carmen placed a comforting hand on Jade. "We're all here for him, Mom. He'll pull through, you'll see."

Ronin, visibly agitated, glanced between his parents. "I need to know what's going on. I can't just stand here doing nothing."

Eddie nodded understandingly and put a hand on his shoulder, giving him a comforting squeeze. "I feel the same way, son. But for now, we have no choice but to trust the doctors. They're doing everything they can for your grandpa. Let's just hope he wins this fight."

Ronin nodded, but Carmen could tell his mind was elsewhere.

After a few more minutes, she pulled him to the side and voiced her worries. "It can't be a coincidence, right?"

Ronin frowned, his fist clenched. "I've been thinking the same. Something is bothering me too."

"Do you think Grandpa went alone to confront your uncle? I mean, he looked fine when we left yesterday. But he might have gotten angry. He always felt guilty for what happened to Willow, and now knowing that his own son had been behind her condition, no doubt he snapped. He must have confronted him."

Ronin nodded, agreeing with her. "We need to find Joy. He's the only one who can tell what happened."

"I'll call him," she offered, already pulling out her phone. "I have his number. You go and be with your parents. I'll join you as soon as I talk to him."

"Okay," he said to her, nodding. "Just be careful, don't go too far."

Carmen nodded, assuring Ronin, and stepped away to make the call.

* * *

James slammed on the brakes and bolted out of the car in a frenzied rush.

After the unfortunate confrontation with the old man, James knew there was no point in denying what happened. The old man knew, and as stubborn as he was, he was going to make this harder for James this time. There was no choice but to go underground for now. Staying would only put his life at risk of being caught by law enforcement.

And that, he couldn't allow to happen.

A decade ago, he had been convicted when a man almost died at his hands. Back then, his brother had bailed him out, almost convincing their father that James could change. But little did Eddie know that old habits die hard. The more James tried to stay away from troubles, the sooner they found him.

When the people he owed money came to know that he was a rich bastard and not some trash of the streets, they softened their approach and offered him to work with them. James needed money. Eddie and the old man might have agreed to help him but when it came to money, they couldn't trust him an inch. They made him grovel for a few grand just because they could.

Huh. Some brother Eddie was. Always preaching about being a better man.

Well, he wasn't a better man. He could never be.

Fed up with the lack of trust and the constant reminders of his past mistakes, James had reached a breaking point. The confrontation with the old man only fueled his frustration. Now, with law enforcement likely on his tail, he knew he had to disappear.

Spotting the first guard outside the warehouse, he barked at him, nearly spitting, "Round up everyone and get ready to get the hell outta here. Cops might crash the damn party any minute. Thirty minutes—move your asses. Now!"

The guard, wide-eyed and startled, nodded vigorously and scrambled to relay the urgent message. James didn't wait for any acknowledgement; he darted into the warehouse, weaving through the hustle and bustle of more guards and men who worked for him.

He was sweating by the time he reached his office on the upper floor. He threw the doors open, only to find a woman bent over the desk while Eric fucked her senseless.

"Fuck me! Seriously?" James snorted in disbelief at the compromising scene in his office but quickly shook it off. He rushed over to the cabinet on the right, his mind focused on urgent matters. Pulling it open, he grabbed a bag and began stuffing it with cash.

Eric, caught off guard, stumbled away from the woman. "What the hell? Could you knock?"

"No time for that," James continued stuffing the bag, his movements hurried. "Cops might be on their way. We need to clear out of here, and fast."

"What? What the hell are you talking about?" Eric pulled up his pants, grabbing his shirt next and buttoning it up. "Why would cops be here?"

James, who already seemed to be on edge, couldn't hold his temper down. He spun on his heels and glared. "Because the fucking old man knows we're up to some shady shit. And if I know him any better, he's probably singing to the cops right now. Is that enough for your slow ass to finally grasp the urgency here? Or do you need me to spell it out in crayon for you, further slowing us down?"

Eric had more questions, but he could also tell that now was not the time.

He nodded, understanding, and pulled the drawers off the desk, emptying them into the bag. There were papers, files, and some drug samples that they couldn't leave behind. "We'll need to clean this office off her fingerprints. Nothing could trace this back to us."

But James had already thought this out. His eyes flashed with something dark before he said. "Don't worry, I know exactly what to do."

A/N: What do you think James has in mind? :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5M 28.4K 9
{ CURRENTLY REWRITING } With one of the best college grades and her masters degree in hand, Emma Durson's next plan is to move to New York to pursue...
259K 6.9K 30
"It's been so long," I whispered. His jaw tightened. "Not long enough," he snapped back. My heart shattered as he stood up and left. And I realized...
437 42 12
"All I want to do right now, is rip this fucking dress off your body." β˜† Β· β˜† Β· β˜† Roselyn Parker, 28, painfully beautiful and the youngest woman billi...
159K 5.8K 42
Highest Ranking #512 in Romance The song itself held so much meaning to our situation, so I committed it to memory, remembering each step and exactly...