Hiss of Deception & Protectio...

By JiqSan

Snakes The symbol of deception Yet adored by several humans by the protective characteristics of its mother ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 51

37 2 3
By JiqSan

Rhys's POV

We're lead to the throne room according to what Sunny told us. Along the corridor , I quietly observed the building we're located in. The corridor walls were made up of red bricks and white tiles. Freshly grown vines hung by the walls as the banner of the royal crest of Medonax was hung by its side. Pure gold flames were what lights up the dark corridors. 

The guards immediately got down on their knees upon the sight of Sunny and Varon , not even dare to look at them in the eyes. But upon the sight of us , they gave glares as if we have met before and have eventually offended them beforehand....

We soon arrived the throne room's entrance where a huge door was stood in the way. It was trimmed with gold and red in colour. Sunny glared at the two guards by the side as they immediately understand her order as they immediately walked towards the two handles and pulled the door opened.

"Announcing the arrival of the Stars of Medonax! Princess Sunny and Prince Varon!"
The guard said out loud as Sunny motioned us to enter the throne room with them. Our feet stepped on the red carpet covered walkway as we have officially arrived in the throne room. 

The throne room was built with two floors. One must be where the ministers sat , the bottom floor would be where the Queen herself and the two royals be sitting. There are vines hanging by the second floor's balcony with the banner of the nation as well. The roof was curved outwards. 

My heart was immediately on guard and tensed upon the pairs of eyes glaring at us. I quietly moved my eyes upwards as I noticed the ministers of the nation was showing us eyes filled disgust. Wondering what's this nation's deal with us...?

Did Rhal done something that pissed them off so badly?
Or maybe was it something that happened in the past?
Like a war or a misunderstanding-?

"Greetings to the Great Shining Moon herself."
Varon and Sunny kneeled down one knee as they bowed to the centerpiece of the throne room , the Queen of Medonax. 

The throne of the queen was covered by white transparent cloth as vines with freshly green leaves was by her left and right side. A silhouette was found sitting on a throne. The Queen appeared to be quite average in size but not as small as Ava.

The hand of the silhouette of the Queen gestured for the two to rise up as a deep woman voice spoke out , "Seemed like you two have grown up a lot... Hope you two learned something when you're off on your own."

"Of course Mother. We have learned survival skills and ways to defend ourselves from unkindly beings. We have grown up as time passed."
Sunny replied as the Queen remained silent for a while before she called out , 

"I sensed unfamiliar presence with you two. Have you brought guests? Or... prisoners?"
"Well-"
"Mother! Sunny and I have captured these villainous beings on the way home from the trip of being rightful adults!"
I was stunned by what Varon said out loud as Asch was clearly pissed off by this sudden betrayal.

"You jerk-!"
Asch shouted with flames appearing in his palm as guards immediately hold him off by spears aiming to his neck. I immediately requested mercy upon Asch to the Queen , "Your majesty , The Great Queen of Medonax! I apologized for Prince Asch's behaviours... He can be a bit aggressive at times."

"....He caused a ruckus in my palace. Almost burning my precious plants... I should have just kill him by now. Guards-!"
"Mother , don't."
Sunny hold up her arm as the guards immediately dropped down the weapons slightly.

"Excuse me? Who are you to speak back at me now Sunny?"
"For me being next in line for the throne and having the freedom of speech."
Sunny showed a stern look as she explained.

"These demon were no prisoners , nor slaves. They're my friends. They have been healing me when I was injured."
"Only Noi was healing you! I could've kill you if I realised your presence in the pa-!"
I immediately told Asch to remain silence as I told him to let Sunny speak if he wanted to live.

"...Noi? That one presence who smelled weak but...having that one huge boost energy within him?"
"Yes. As you see , I have made allies with the neighbouring kingdom by this relation. I figured that the fear of that tale must be dropped off."

Tale?
What tale?
But ignore that statement , the fact Sunny mentioned about the alliance we have made , had already caused a huge ruckus and noises in the throne room.

"This is unacceptable! Your highness , do think twice before you leap! What if it was all just a scheme of the demons?!"
"We must not let the tale to be repeated again!"
"Think about the future-"

"SILENCE!"
With a slam on the arm of the throne , a huge gust of wind blew towards us as we quickly kneeled down one knee to prevent ourselves from flying away. Even Noi had to be held by Sunny's tail around his waist , as he was a bit light and could easily flew away.

"The decision was mine to make. I am the Queen still. And I demand these prisoners to be thrown into prison , as the darkness... is where they belonged."
As the ministers cheered for the righteous and justice from the Queen , Sunny once again stepped out but this time with her tail wrapped around Noi's wrist , 
"If you are deciding to put them in jail , then it would be me joining them. Because according to Rule #120 , one's spouse must accompany his partner since the two were tied with blood and hence sharing the same sin."

"That was interesting , can't believe the love for a couple was that strong , even if one was committed as a sinner then the other would- Wait , why was it associated with Noi?!"
Leif questioned as his tone suddenly raised upon the statement.
Couple... together... Sunny and Noi... No way did they-?!

"You... Did not."
"Yes , I did ," Sunny said as she pulled off one of Noi's gloves , revealing a floral vine tattoo on his purlicue , "I , Sunny , have marked Noi , as my royal consort."

Murmurs begun to echo the room as a deep hiss sound echoed the room , 
"How dare you marked someone out of my understanding?... Do you know how much sin you have now carried on your shoulder because of him?!"
"I don't care , as long I'm with Noi , that settles things."

Noi's POV

"I don't care , as long I'm with Noi , that settles things."
Sunny said as her tail cling to my arm by wrapping around it.

I felt my face heated up upon Sunny's statement as the Queen appeared to be seriously pissed off.
"That demon does not really held much of a potential to me. His aura was even weak if you sniffed deeper. Was this a joke to humiliate the nation? Or you even taking this responsibility like a play thing?"
The Queen hissed as Sunny claimed to be serious.

"I had enough with the tale told when we're just kids. I have lived in Daemos and from Noi I do realised that the world and words told from you weren't always the truth. I'm sick of the story that reflects on our daily basis so badly where we have to stay here all day long. I wanted the expansion of the nation , I wanted people to live equally with the demons."
Sunny said with her arms crossed.

The Queen hissed as she said , "...We learn from the history of our ancestors. You were aware with what happened to them? After trusting a stranger."
"Not everyone was like him , Mother. It was just a tale to the people , we couldn't just stick the tale told for ages. Medonax would stay where it was , the nation would not be improved."
"I insisted-"
"Apologies for interruption My Shining Moon."
An old lady who's half serpent and half human slithered her way to the throne as she interrupted the Queen.

"Lady Ari. What would you like to share?"
"I personally would suggest the field would be the best to prove these young men's worthiness. But since that Noi was part of the reason this whole thing was brought up to , I believe he would be best to prove himself from defeating and earning first place for the upcoming roller-blade competition. That was one competition where each and every kind would fight equally together."
Lady Ari said as she claimed that all of these were just a suggestion.

"Roller-blade?! Me with him?! There was no way I-"
"Varon , " As the Queen spoke out , immediately the prince shut his mouth , "This roller-blade was what brings the people of Medonax together. Hence obviously , anyone can join , especially demons like them. I hope you have not objection , do you?"
Varon glared at me as he let out a 'tsk' with his arms crossed around his chest.

"Then it shall be , do add the demon's name into the competitors name list. I will be heading to work."
"Do your best for the nation , our great shining moon!"
The ministers said out loud as the silhouette of the Queen vanished with the ministers walked off instantly , minding their own businesses. 

"Hey you demon!"
I jumped upon the voice of Varon who was now standing inches to me. His eyebrows narrowed fiercely. I asked with the sudden calling as he said , "Doesn't mean that we're mentally related , means that I could go easy on you. I will defeat you just you wait , demon blockhead."
He hissed as he dismissed himself.

God...

What did I actually signed up for?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 26K 45
Fantasy and Magic meets Science and Technology. In this epic story of brotherly love, friendship, struggle, and conspiracy, come join in on an advent...
102K 2K 45
'π‚πŽπŒπ„ 𝐎𝐍, 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 πŽππ„ π‹πˆπ“π“π‹π„ ππˆπ“π„ πƒπ€π‘π‹πˆππ†' 𝐿𝑒𝑖𝑓 π‘€β„Žπ‘–π‘ π‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘‘ π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘š π‘π‘’β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘‘ π‘šπ‘’. 𝐻𝑖𝑠 π‘›π‘Žπ‘–π‘™π‘  οΏ½...
288K 14.1K 72
A monster. Cursed by the gods and feared by all. Medusa, the famed gorgon which turned those to stone with one look, had lost all hope in her life wh...
1.8K 279 21
|πŸπŸ—π± 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃| Here lies the tragedy of πƒπ„π’πƒπ„πŒπŽππ€. A young woman with a heart of gold and eyes as red as blood. Cursed with the M...