Compassion- Lookism

By cocoabellah

started: June 22 Irene Park is Daniel Park's sister, who is famously known to be one of the most gorgeo... More

C h a r a c t e r s
O n e
T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T w e l v e
T h i r t e e n
F o u r t e e n
F i f t e e n
S i x t e e n
S e v e n t e e n
E i g h t e e n
N i n e t e e n
T w e n t y
T w e n t y o n e
T w e n t y T w o
T w e n t y T h r e e
T w e n t y F o u r
T w e n t y F i v e
T w e n t y S i x
T w e n t y S e v e n
T w e n t y E i g h t
T w e n t y N i n e
T h i r t y
T h i r t y O n e
T h i r t y T w o
T h i r t y T h r e e
T h i r t y F o u r
T h i r t y F i v e *
T h i r t y S i x
T h i r t y S e v e n
T h i r t y E i g h t
T h i r t y N i n e
F o r t y
F o r t y O n e *
F o r t y T w o
F o r t y T h r e e
F o r t y F o u r
F o r t y F i v e
F o r t y S i x
F o r t y S e v e n
F o r t y E i g h t
F o r t y N i n e
F i f t y
F i f t y O n e
F i f t y T w o
F i f t y T h r e e
F i f t y F o u r
F i f t y F i v e
F i f t y S i x
F i f t y S e v e n
F i f t y E i g h t
F i f t y N i n e
S i x t y
S i x t y T w o
S i x t y T h r e e
S i x t y F o u r
S i x t y F i v e
S i x t y S i x
S i x t y S e v e n
⋆ ˚。 ⋆୨ S i x t y E i g h t ୧⋆ ˚。 ⋆
⋆ ˚。 ⋆୨ S i x t y N i n e ୧⋆ ˚。 ⋆
⋆ ˚。 ⋆୨ S e v e n t y ୧⋆ ˚。 ⋆

S i x t y O n e

345 20 4
By cocoabellah

Timeless Hynn and Jinho

    "I'm sorry about them." Irene chuckled awkwardly with her sweaty palms and long fingers messing with the rips in her pants. Her cheeks were stained bright red with complete embarrassment. She didnt even know she why she was so embarrassed, especially with the fact she was proud to be with her friends and never once was she interested in what other people thought, so why was she embarrassed in front of Gun?

"Your friends seem very bright." Gun humorously said as he sped past cars beside them. The streets were pretty empty and bare as they got on the main streets. The car felt smooth and expensive as it slightly trembled under her body, going smoothly over bumps and having the owner of the car roll along with nothing but his palm. His driving was top tier as he rode with no issue or care whatsoever. He was smooth.

Thier first task was to head back to Irene's house, get her changed, and fix her make up from crying at themovies. She didnt look too much of a mess, but if she was going to be going to a professional party she wanted to look her best. The ride wasnt long, so Irene and Gun had a bit of small talk the way there.

"I'll be try to be quick, but don't get mad okay?" Irene smiled at her doorway. Of course, Gun insisted on walking her to the doorway. As a young woman, Irene appreicated it— even if it was only meters away from his car. She liked that he put in a little extra effort for her safety.

"Why would I?" He cocked an intense brow at her. She pursed the corners of her glossy lips, staring up at him with her wide eyes.

"Just dont complain." She said, already knowing Gun wasn't one to rush her. She didnt want to let him inside her house. She didnt want to seem off putting, and she was still embarrassed of her house. Her shack.

She gently closed the wooden door, almost immedaitely running in her house. She tripped, hopped, and stumbled as she stripped her body.

Firstly, her plan was to fix up her make up. She fixed her blush and the shimmery glitter on her face. Her look was still fresh, so luckily her make up was eay to touch up without it being noticable. She did a bit of contour, fixed up her eyebrows, and sprayed on some setting spray mixed with highlighter. The highlighter added a shimmery glow to her perfect skin. She decided to be a little risky and added some half lashes to the ends of her upper eyelids. She used tweezers to place them under her natural, long lashes.

She fixed the curls in her hair, digging through her duffel bag filled with accessories. She found a perfect gold ribbon stitched into a floppy bow. She smiled as she used her fingers to place her hair in a half ponytail, clipping the bow to the top of the chestnut ponytail. She fixed up her bangs and smiled. She felt really pretty.

She ran around like a lunatic as she was trying to rush and slip into the dress. It was unrealistic as she tried on the dress. The dress was light red- a shade between watermelon and light coral sort of shade. She pinned the back a bit, she dress being loose on her waist. She tugged at the sleeves, revealing at the rolls she created. The dress was tight against her thin frame. It was kind of itchy too.

She dress hugged on her curves perfectly. The dress had a slit up the side of her right thigh, but with the dress being a little loose, the slit was wider and allowed her leg to mid-thigh from downwards to be exposed. The dress was a V-neck halter top, so it tied in the back of her neck. She stared at the two straps, thankful her hair was long and thick. She didnt have to tie it pretty, and she didnt have to worry about hiding the safety pins in the back. The dress was silk with a halter top look. The dress was tied at the  back.

    She looked at herself in the mirror. She never thought she could look so pretty in the beautiful dress with herself all dolled up. She really just hoped that she didn't look cheap in any way. She wouldn't ever imagine in a million years that she was standing here in a beautiful and expensive dress with beautiful and expensive jewelry. She never imagined to be standing before the mirror with a fairytale man outside waiting for her.

    The only flaw that popped back into her mind was his relations with other women. All the feelings of feeling special chipped a portion away at her image. She clicked off the light and walked out of the slum of a bathroom.

    She walked over barefoot to the front door, sitting down and grabbing two high-heels sitting together at the door. They were gorgeous. They were 3.5 inch heels with thin stilts. They were thin, gold and elegant. They kept her toes covered and criss crossed across the top of her foot. She knew by the end of this night, her feet were gonna ache badly.

    She opened the front door to see Gun standing against the tan cement of the house across in the dark alley. He brought his eyes up from his phone screen, pausing with his lips just barely parting. His phone sunk down as he watched the jeweled, beautiful woman step out of her mismatching shack and turn out to the lock the home up. He stared at her perfect figure, her long virgin hair curled down to her waist. She turned to him, showing her sweet, doe- like, and elegant face. She stared at him with her wide eyes, waiting for him to say or do something.

    The lighting wasn't perfect at all, but she seemed to be glowing. He noticed the gold jewelry, the complimentary shade of pink to her blush, the longer lashes, the rose-tinted highlighter, the spray of rich, flowery perfume, the thin heels. He noticed her gorgeous, sheepish smile. As a man he never felt so captivated by a woman. Lately he was noticing everything about her and her fair features.

    "You look beautiful." Is all he could muster up to say. She beamed with a little scoff, nervously brushing her long nails through a portion of her silky hair. Elegance.

    "Thank you." She smiled, the first starting to turn to the car parked out in the front of her home. He followed behind her as she was praying she would not embarrass herself and trip. He could tell she was a bit out of practice with her long heels, and offered his hand out to her and stepping aside her.

    She placed her graceful hand, decorated with a few gold rings, in his calloused ones. She clicked down slowly.

    "Is it that obvious I'm not used to heels?" She asked, scoffing at herself as she stared at the cement.

    "Slightly." He answered. Irene didn't have to peak through her hair to know he was grinning. She could hear the amusement in his voice.

    "Stop. You're supposed to say 'no'— you're making me embarrassed." She pulled her hand back away from him as she reached the last step, shielding her burning face from him.

    "It doesnt matter what i say, if you fall i'll be right here." He answered without a beat. She let out a breathy chuckle, glancing up at him to her right. His black eyes were already focused on her, having no hesitation as his keen eyes rested on her face.

    "Are you saying that you think i'll fall? Just because you said that im not even going to trip." She combatted playfully. He comically rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue.

    "Then i guess i can leave you." He shrugged.

    "If you leave me im seriously going to fight you." She jokingly threatened, not even sparing him a glance. He scoffed.

    "Oh, right. Im terrified." He flatly said, opening the black, polished passenger door for her. He never missed a beat, and neither did she. When they bantered, she never failed to catch herself grinning.

    He patiently waited as she sat in the car, waiting for her to settle in the car. He walked around and sat in the drivers side, starting the car and shifting into gear. The car hummed as he watched his charming plus-one start typing on her phone. He side eyed her, watching her expression warily. She pursed her lips, raised her brows and sighed.

"Something wrong?" He asked, his deep voice was somewhat smooth as he asked.

"Nothing important." She smiled, placing her phone down in her lap. He glanced at her aged phone. It wasnt new or pretty at all like most girls liked to decorate theirs now days.

"For this business thing, I dont want to make you feel unsure, but i want you to go by a different name and age. Im already wary of people connecting us two and anyone in my personal life." He stated, purposely not staring at her as his eyes were glued ot the red light ahead.

Irene cocked one of her straight brows. She was surprised he even mentioned the names or anything. She wasnt planning to make friends, and she was already nervous looking cheap. Was he embarrassed of who she actually was? Was he hiding something... or herself?

"Sure, but why? I dont want to pick and poke or anything, but—"

" I get why. I know it sounds suspicious. These people are business partners with the chairman and his daughter i work for. I dont take people i have in mypersonal life around business partners or anything near my profession. Theres some people i dont care for." He explained. She wondered why he was looking anywhere, but herself.

"If youre so private, then why invite me?" She blurted out. She regretted wording it the way she did, and quickly tried to save herself. "I mean, we are... friends, and im sure you have other friends and girls around you, so i just want to know why youre acting differently with me."

She mentally facepalmed.

"Maybe, it seemed like a good excuse to see you again." He grinned, finally glancing her way. Irene felt the electric goosebumps rush up and down her arms. She was surprised. At least he wasnt being weird and suspricious perhaps.

"You couldve asked me to get bibimbap or ice cream with you or something, and i wouldve gone." She scoffed, staring at the passing by street. He always seemed to drive evenly. The streetlights, city lights of buildings and auto lights all blended together, but being in a nice car and watching the night life of the city was always really nice with Gun. She had grown used to the calm, night stroll with him.

"You wanna go by Crybaby Park or what?" He rolled his eyes.

Irene and Gun bickered playfully the entire way from home as they were trying to come up with a little fake name and identity for Irene to go by. The. night was perfect for a little party. The night was perfect to be with Gun. He was never rude or harsh, but she loved everything about him...she was sure, so did many women. This was so special to her, but something that was normal for Gun. Not even normal, more of background noise. This felt like something she would be looking back at and smiling about for months.

"What kind of party is this? I dont want to get drunk or smoke anything." Irene said, watching as Gun used his long, veiny hand to pick out a black, matte card. He used his index and middle finger to hand off his card to the middle aged man wearing a neon vest. He collected money for people to park in the parking garage.

"Is that really what you think Im apart of while we're dressed like this?" He asked, scoffing through a grin.

"Hey, im just asking what kind of party it is. I think you forget i dont party or go out often." Irene said, fliping down the sun vizor to check hersle fin the the little mirror.

"Youre right. Stop checking yourself in the mirror, you look gorgoeus." He insisted. "Thanks." He said and pulled forward with his car.

Irene smiled at the compliment, but her nerves were still high and she was anxious. She looked and felt pretty, but that didnt mean she knew how to act. She was usually an outcast, so being apart of this new setting was unsettling. She usually liked to get a feel for people and atmospheres to try and integrate herself into the party and assimilate. She didnt know anyone besides Gun in this setting.

"Alright, whats your name, job, and age?" He asked, pulling into a parking slot between a luxurious white SUV, and a neon blue sports car directly next to her. She flipped up the vizor, staring at him as he was already waiting.

"Joy Kim. 20 years old, and my dad is a small business loaner. That sounds right, right?" She asked. He grinned.

"Yeah, lets go. Remember, dont put a label or anything on us, just that i invited you." He stated, opening the door to step out.

"Theres not a label on it anyways." She muttered under her breath as she was starting to stuff her phone into a smal, red fake snake-skin printed wallet with a gorgeous gloss. He scoffed, shutting the car door behind him. He walked around the front of the car to open the door for Irene, but she was already stepping out in her heels. She smiled up at him, teasingly as he tilted his head to the door.

    "Really?" He asked, amused. She almost always waited for him to open the door for her. She gave a pat to his chest on the rose, maroon silk shirt. He raised a brow as she stepped around him, leaving him behind and only to glance over his shoulder with a lick across his lips.

"Try not to fall behind." She teased as she glanced over her bare shoulder. He chuckled, glancing donw and shaking his head with a grin. He walked beside her, towering over her and falling into step with the flirtatious girl. He kept him on his toes.

The couple walked to the building across from the parking garage. The building was a skyscraper, made nothing of glass and stilts extrenally. The glass was reflective of the shining night lights. Irene awed up as she cocked her head back to the beautiful building. She couldnt even fathom how someone was able to sketch the building out, process it, build it up stories high, and still make it stable and beautiful. The amount of detail, wiring, plumbing, and design of the building was mind boggling.

Gun slithered his arm into Irene's arm. She glanced at him, distracting herself from the consuming architectural thoughts. Her cheeks burned hot with electricity zapping up and down her spine. She glanced up to his precise features darkened by the dim lighting of the sky.

"You've been the one falling behind." He stated, not sparing her a glance. His statement was flat and felt kind of harsh. Nothing new. Nothing out of the ordinary. She even wondered if he got butterflies in his stomach the way she did. Even the slightest touch from him sent her into a frantic, flustered mess.

"Right." She nodded, her voice was lowered. He barely noticed as they walked across the white strips of paint on the concrete, passing before a paused car. The headlights made the couple's formal outfits glimmer with texture.

Irene was silent as she kept her pace up with Gun. Of course, she was in awe of the beautiful marble and the formal people passing through the building. She saw a small cafe in the lobby with people talking and laughing together. The receptionist gloried at the beautiful, youthful couple as they walked in. It wasn't hard to pick apart the wealthy class apart of the business party on the top floor from normal business attendee's.

"Right. Your floor will be the 106th floor. Thank you for your attendance, all preparations are located in the suite floor." She sweetly smiled to the two glammed models. The arrow pointed upward after the receptionist pressed the elevator button. It chimed and slid open two metallic doors to the wide elevator.

"Thank you." Irene smiled, thanking the woman as Gun continued forward with her arm wrapped around his. The woman smiled, programming the elevator to head up to the 106th floor.

The elevator was no exaggeration... terrifying. Irene was brouught back to the dinner Gun took her to a bit back. Two sides were completely glass, looking out to the diamond shining pillars and small figures in the dim window. The dim was from the reflective surface of the glass. Gun's mental note played in now.

He leaned into the marble black, gloseed wall behind him, letting Irene's side push into his. He felt her pressure as she squeezed his arm with her delicate hand. She clenched her teeth as the elvator raised higher and higher. She looked straight ahead as she watched the buildings begin to fade into eye level, to the point she was looking down at the roofs.

"Look at me, don't look anywhere else." Gun said, stepping around her and facing his face towards her. He used his arm to hang above her and pin all her attention directly onto himself. His body being close blocked most of her vision away from the distant heights. She gulped as she stared up at him, being intoxicated by his heavy, rich cologne. She just stared into the night depths of his eyes. His intoxicating gaze.

    "Why are you scared of heights?" He asked, he was so close his minty breath was warm against Irene's caked face.

    "Im scared of falling." She answered, not able to keep up with his stare. She glanced down to his silk, tucked in shirt. His collar hung a bit since he was tilted forward, allowing her to see a sliver of his muscular and scarred chest beneath. Her jaw clenched, her mind barely on the view.

    "Well is that really realistic?" He asked. He may not have intended it, but his tone felt a little berating. Irene furrowed her brow and brought her eyes back up to his gaze resting along her glossed, pink-tinted lips.

    "No, not really. I know that, but it's like people being scared of alien's or monsters. Just because its irrational doesnt mean it's invalid." She shot back. He was quiet, pulling his arm back right as a chime came over the intercom in the elevator.

    "Just stick around me. I'll introduce you to a couple people, so don't be nervous. If anything happens come find me. Theyre going to confiscate our phones to prevent any media-leak, alright?" He asked, turning his side to her. Something about his demeanor felt a little cold. Irene told herslef not to overthink, if she overthought she would probably feel upset the rest of the night.

    "Okay." Irene nodded her head. She leaned away from the wall, glancing down at herself. "Do i have anything on my face or my dress?"

    "No. you look gorgeous." He stated after his eyes ran head-to-toe at her body. She smiled at the compliment and watched as the dim light of the room was distrubed by the loud laughing, clinking and the bright light. The metallic doors parted like a sea for Gun and Irene.

    She squinted at the stunning scene she just walked into. She was absolutely amazed of the room. There were beautiful women and men in suits all grouped together in the large room. The room was decorated with champagne pink hue's with gold and silver accents. The lighting was somewhere betweeen normal lighting and dim, shadowed by the fabric hanging over the high ceilings.

    The high ceilings were decorated with something she would describe as a genies room. The silk and sheer fabric was tied at the ends of the ceiling and met all in the middle to a magnificent golden chandelier in the middle of the circular room. The chandelier was one out of a ballroom in a castle. It was made of pure detail and intricate detail with pearls decorating the expensive chandelier.

    Directly under the chandieler was a gorgoeus fountain. It was large enough that you couldnt see the other sides of the room. It was made of stone with a european stone look. There were layers upon layers of water dripping off the sides into the pool below. The fountain had multicolored coy fish below with interchangeable red and pink lights inside the sparkling water. There were little spouts of water spraying the water into the pool outside of the main fountain. Insdie the pond, gentle fog seeped over the edge of the stone border. The water made trickling calm trickling sounds.

    The rest of the room was gaping. The windows were exterior and showed the large city below and distant buildings reaching the same height. Irene was reminded of the restaurant Gun brought her to and the feeling of being able to see all of Korea. The lighting of the room was mainly from the chandieler with decorative lights hanging from the fabric above. Irene could see the theme of roses and floral around from the walls bordering the fabric. Roses and beautiful white flowers hid the pins of the fabric above. She liked the smart idea.

    The room was echoey. Marble white and gold accents of the floor glossed a distorted reflection of everyone from below. The room was absolutely magnificent and large. People were grouped around different , standing tables with white cloth fitting tightly onto the circular tables. All the tables had setting pieces of white and pink roses gliding over water in a bowl. There was a small stage set up and decorated with a white mic stand and white headlights. On the other side were deep red curtains covering rooms to what Irene assumed.

    There were food bars, an alcoholic bar, and small other set up tables with white table cloths to the ends of the rooms with a variety of food and drinks to choose from. They all looked so decorative it felt wrong to eat from them and ruin the art.

    Irene watched as women in dazzling shades of every color and every style laughed with themsleves and their men. The men were dressed in mainly black suits and silk attire like Gun. They were middle aged with many having white roots gelled back. The women seemed to be in their 20's and the oldest she saw was a 30 year old looking women. The women were all glamorous and the men eyed the women with wide grins. She watched the male and women servers walk around the large room with their trays.

The servers were all dressed in black pants and vests with white collared undershirts. The held thier treys with tall champagne glasses in their hands. They were all stunning. Irene watched as every person in the room interacted with one another. They clinked glasses together, smiled and laughed in their dolled up states.

    "Welcome Mr. Park and Mrs. Park. Please place your phones in here. We will keep them safe and make sure they are restored to you safely." A gorgoeus woman smiled with her hands holding a small basket with white cloth. She wore the same serving attire as the other staff, but her face was beautiful. She had plump lips, pale skin, a V-shaped jawline and wide eyes. Irene was already starting to feel insecure.

"Thank you." Irene smiled, placing her phone in the basket with Irene. Irene and the woman dipped their heads to each other. Gun didnt and wondered if anyone would see through Irene's little facade. It wasnt hard. Although she looked wealthy, she didnt act like it. He felt her arm slip around his and her hand clench onto the silk fabric of his forearm.

Gun walked with Irene across the room. He took confident strides with no hesitation. He walked with a purpose and everyone woman and man in sight was surely to stare at the confident man with his model. She was like a sparkling diamond compared to anyone in the room. She was the embodiment of elegance and beauty. The was the beauty standard.

"Are you thirsty or hungry? We can order something." Gun asked, leading Irene to an empty table. She rested her palms on the edge of the white cloth, staring around at the lavish gathering. He could tell she was still processing.

    "Just hang out around here. Im going to go find someone." Gun said, sighing and giving the dazed girl a gentle touch on her bare back hidden under her ribbon soft, brunette hair. She nodded.

      Irene watched as his red velvet shirt shifted over his broad body. He was indefintiely attractive, looking as casual as all the other guests. Irene felt alone. She felt awkward. This wasnt her setting or her class of people. The liked to think of sundresses as fancy, but this? This felt overly elaborate.

    Irene was excited to be here with her beautiful outfit and her make up done. She felt confident, but seeing all these other beautiful women in stunning dresses and their make up and hair done perfectly only reminded her of how different she was. She was scared of every single eye contact she was making. Could they recognize just how cheap she was? Was she embarrassing Gun, is that why he walked off? This wasnt her setting, they must know she didnt belong here.

    Irene's eyes went wide as the classical music, laughing, tapping, clinking, muttering, trickling, and the voices all clustered together. They were drowning out into silence. This silence was interuppted by Irene's rampant heart rate thundering against her chest. Her stomach felt as if it was being squeezed in. Her throat as sucked dry and her throat was closing up as if someone were trying to suffocate her. Her wide eyes darted around, but her vision was blurry and uncomprehendable. They knew.

    "Irene?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 693 67
Edited (1-7) also there is gore and unpleasant words and other subjects but serious ones will have a warning. (Y/N) (L/N) a mixed martial artist who...
23.4K 1.3K 17
A girl, reading her favourite webtoon from her phone, was suddenly struck by lightning while she was asleep. She woke up finding out she was in a dif...
103K 4.4K 31
Toxic Male Reader x Lookism Tw: M/n is a slut | DARK ROMANCE |
415 39 6
Y/n jirocho a Japanese yakuza granddaughter because of a disaster that is happening in their family, she went to korea only to found herself tangled...