Hiss of Deception & Protectio...

By JiqSan

Snakes The symbol of deception Yet adored by several humans by the protective characteristics of its mother ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 7

275 11 1
By JiqSan

Noi's POV

"Ava , I don't find it actually necessary to-"
"No. I insist."
I looked at the commotion where human Zinnex had Ava wondering around her. Human Zinnex had her hair let down loosely and was dressed in a black tight pants with a white with black striped shirt with a hood not put on.

"What's with the noise?"
"Seemed Princess Ava wasn't actually pleased at fact Zinnex was going alone to this co-ledge place. By fact on what actually happened back then when we first met her."
Rhys responded to Asch who just woke up.

"Humans! Shut the hell up! Your screaming was so getting on my nerves!"
"Oh shut the hell up , you demon-!"
"Ava , calm down."
Right before Ava dashed towards Asch and give him punches , Zinnex was right about time to held Ava by the waist , calming her down.

"Asch didn't mean it , he just got bad morning breath. Besides , it was indeed unnecessary to fight like this."
"Now , you got a point- What , hold on! Nah , I'll pass on that convince."
"Three fingers in the air , if I gotten hurt when I return , I will take you and Daemos out. And if I broke the promise , my nose shall grow."
Zinnex swore as Ava sighed and told her to be careful before letting her go.

"Well , if it isn't Princess Ava sounded like a mother for a sudden , I was yet surprised."
"Shut it , I was just concerned of her! You know her words weren't as convincing as Rhys's!"
Ava shouted with her face flushed in embarrassment by Leif's statement.

"Then what's the point of even letting her swore? IF her words was legit empty and useless anyways?"
"She would not!...," Ava gotten silent for a while , "Would she?..."

Zinnex's POV

I sighed while walking by the streets to my college.

I GUARANTEE that I will bringing them out. I mean , it has only be a 2 day holiday for me to rest from chaos. Staying at Ava's place sure has its advantages. One was running away from my adoptive family , next was from the bully team and third well... wouldn't actually be sure with that...

"Hey , brat!"
I was suddenly onto the cement wall of the college as I found Jorge facing me , pinning me by the walls. I felt my eyes trembling in fear as his dark brown eyes stared into my soul.

"I was expecting to find you like a stray dog , stinks like hell and hungry like a zombie by the streets. Would not expect , you got adopted and surprisingly... ," He stopped his sentence while grabbing strands of my hair and sniffed , "Your hair was cleansed from that paint... And it's now smelt like cinnamon..."

I snapped his hand away , somehow having the courage to scream to stop touching my hair. Damn , I was in trouble.... He was sure gonna kill me... 
"I have not gave you the permission to leave , dear~"
Now what's with the pet names?! Earlier was Leif , now him?!

"Jorge Long , let me go."
"Why don't we perhaps spend a bit time together? Perhaps at my place?~"
"Jorge , you're legit my brother.... please don't get those thoughts in head...."
I begged as he only responded with a smirk.

"I wasn't your brother , and I found it legal to make out with you. You have such body in that outfit , how can I not-"
Before he spilling out more dirty words , I kicked him by the part where the sun doesn't shine and ran away to class while himself yelling in pain , saying he would get me someday.

"Miss Zinnex , you're late , again."
"S-Sorry , Mrs O'Neil. I-!"
"You know the drill , to the detention room."
I sighed as I walked off from class to the detention room to only found Jorge who had cigarette in his hand , I wasn't willing or eager to enter that room for one full hour with a man who legit tried to harass me earlier.

"Hey Zinnex~"
I gulped as I was pulled into the room while Jorge was looking at me with those disgusted eyes. Great , the teacher's not in or perhaps taking a leave... I was truly in trouble....

"Come on , do you have to just runaway from your own brother like that? I treat you as well as any man could..."
"Please... Don't... We're in school , Jorge..."
I said while backing off until my back hit against the billboard and his arm was hit hardly next to my skull.

"I can give a great time for any girl. And you should be appreciate to be noticed."
He growled as his hand grabbed my hair tight , making me yelped in pain. The smell of his cigarette was making me breathing difficult like hell.

"Think twice before you leap. Either you let me in , or I-"
"Jorge Long , let the girl go before you were sued to the discipline room."
T-Thank god..... thank god the teacher came in the right time....

"Zinnex Phenix , you're allowed to leave for your next class now."
I grabbed my bag as I rushed out of the classroom , proceeding to the next class.

Art class.
With those bullies...

"Now , students , I shall let you draw creatively. Do remain silent as I head to grab some art supplies."
The teacher announced as she left , leaving me in absolute trouble with the bullies. Like legit the entire class was against me , possibly those rumours spread by the girl....

"Now , what do you got there , nerd?"
I flinched as I found my art board was snatched away by the blonde girl.

"This was... interesting...."
She muttered as her finger was curling around her blonde hair as it caught the attention of other classmates.

"Oh let me see! Wow! This was too great!"
"Why not we add some black paint onto?! It was much more interesting for the colouring!"
I immediately turned my head as I found them tossing paint on the board , cackling evilly.

"Perhaps this great artist needed a great reward~ Don't you think guys?!"
I flinched as I pushed around by the students , eventually having my thigh hitting against table , copious amounts of time.

"Why not some paint with these great white liquid and glitter as addition?!"
"Great idea~ Reward the hard working girl~"
The blond girl proclaimed as I felt my hair pulled backwards and a goo like gel was poured onto.

"Oh , what's this? Strong glue?! I thought it was paint~"
"Guys , the teacher's coming back! We shall drop the fun~"
The girl said as I felt the board hit against my head hard and harsh while the other students returned to their seats.

I pulled up my hood and headed back to my seat while the teacher questioned by the mess on the ground , and obviously , I was the one to blame. After left behind by the end of the school day to clean up the mess, it was possibly already 6 in the evening..... and Ava with the Daemos was possibly worried....

"Where have you been?! It's been so late , Zinnex!"
Ava shouted , making me slightly jumped and told her I just went to help the teacher out. Obviously a lie to be.

"Why are you having your hood up?"
"Oh , eh... It was raining outside! That's why!"
"It's been hot for the entire day."
"Then , it was just my illusion but it felt like so... I put it on anyways!"

"Okay then... What's that smell?"
"O-Oh , just sweat , I in fact helped the teacher to move her stuff. And as you mentioned , I believe I should be heading for a shower! catch up with you later , Ava!"
I said in my fake cheerful tone as I rushed back to my room , locking my doors.

I glided to the ground as I pulled off the hood , found it stained with different varieties of colours with the stupid smell of strong glue and glitter mixed. I grabbed my hair as I found stuck into legit a pile. I sighed as I decided to take a quick bath , hoping they just separate....

..........
..........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
.
.

"....Ugh , why don't you just got apart..."
I grumbled under my breath. The hair was remained stuck together , the glitter and paint was still visible among.

"Do you really have to force me like this...?"
I mumbled as I have made a decision I hated so much. This was the last straw. LEGIT . After what happened today , was this how am I suppose to end this great day?

I opened the drawers to find my scissors as I cruelly snipped a handful of my long hair , leaving a shoulder length short hair and two longer clumps of hair taking the same shape on either side of my face.
I stared at my new self , trying to move to the bright side of life.

Not noticing someone staring at me....

Pierce's POV

I looked at Ava who's constant hanging a sad face , even after human Zinnex returned.
Asch who was eventually annoyed , called Ava to quit it as Ava claimed that something was seemed off...

"What do you mean? Princess Ava?"
"It's like... I feel something wasn't done yet... Something I should be concerned of.... No , you know what , I think I should check on Zinnex."
"The human? Again?! Prisoner , I insist you on looking after the human. She can protected herself!"
Asch yelled impatiently as Ava yelled , protesting her friend.

It was then Rhys touched me by the shoulder , getting my attention.
"I allowed this once , phase into human Zinnex's chamber to check her out. While I calm things here."
I looked at Leif who seemed distracted by the situation as I quietly walked towards the door , noticing the door was not even shut , at least there was something Rhys can felt relaxed on. Besides , as the crisis was growing stronger , we must indeed use the magic we remained wisely.

I quietly shut the doors as I heard a snap sound from the bathroom of the human. I walked to the opened door and was shocked by what I witnessed....

Scars , purple bruises was found on the humans' thigh as she was dressed in brown shorts with a black oversized shirt , similar to the ones Princess Ava wore.
She had a weapon in hand as her long hair was now cut into a shoulder length hair.
Even by all that seemingly painful things , she still remained a smile on her face.

"Human."
I gained my full audacity as I pushed the door , only letting her shocked.

"P-Pierce! What are you doing here...?"
"I thought of the same. Why did you cut off that hair of yours?"
"Oh pssh , nothing much. Not like those bullies in my college tried to mess with me as usual and poured glue and paint on my hair! I just found it annoying , that's all! Nothing to be worried of!"
She answered while a tear quietly glided from the corner of her eye.

Even she was in pain , she was still cheerful , judging by the tone of hers.
Ava was right , 

She was too good for this world

I pulled her into a hug as her words were all crunched up from confusion , to sad sobs. Her weak hands quietly clenched onto my robe as she cried ,"I-I didn't do anything to them , Pierce... Why?... Just..."
"I understand , you're just too good for this world. You don't deserve this treatment , human. Let's get you healed up first."
I muttered in a soft voice before lifting up her body with ease to her bed and healed her with my magic.

"I-It was unnecessary to waste such useful magic on me. It will eventually healed up."
She said while wiping a tear away. I shook my head , claiming she deserved this special treatment. Even what happened , she was still concerned of her own friends....

"Want to talk about it?"
"Just..It might be too much for you to hear... I don't want things to be overload in your heart."
"I will be fine. ," I spoke as I moved next to her , combing her short hair , "Rant to me about it."

Then , she told me the worst things I could possibly hear from a young lady like herself.
How her own brother attempted to harass her
How those people made her like this for at least suns
How she was treated like trash by her adoptive family
It all just sounded heartbreaking....

"Why don't you take some rest for now , human? Today has been a rough day for you."
"Just...call me..Zinnex... It would be fine...Pierce... just don't tell Ava or L..Leif...."
She muttered and eventually fell into deep sleep.

I looked at the terrible state of hers as I moved her carefully to slumber and walked out of her chamber , found Rhys and Noi were the ones remained in the lounge room.
"So? Was she?"
I simply shook my head , 

She insist me to tell Ava or Leif

But she didn't said I can't tell the others....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 80 12
Ava and her cousin Cailean live together in an apartment rented out by Ava's parents. They're both just trying to live and forget about some unsavory...
461K 13.2K 66
Imagine My Inner Demons, except you get to be the center of attention.... You just moved into Ava's apartment, not expecting anything to unusual, but...
70.6K 9.4K 66
"I am in love with a guy I can't have and he doesn't even know it. I mean he just thinks of me as a friend, that's all. Would he fall in love with m...
134K 5.5K 20
A body covered by scars like your skin had been painted upon with a blade, you must find a way to heal your equally scarred heart. But how much heali...