The Red Saree (Completed)

By batulyunus

Sonal belongs to a poor family who resides in village. She was accepted for marriage without any dowry by a f... More

character sketch
1. Her Marriage
2. Her New Home
3. Her Husband
4. New day
5. New Beginning
6. New talks
7. New life
8. New Fears
9. Some Talks
10. Some clarification
11. Knowing each other
12. A Day out
13. Pavagadh
14. Beauty of Pavagadh
15. The First Kiss
16. The TRUST
17. Is it a Fight ?
18. Siblings Fight
19. Blooming Romance
20. PARTY!!!!
21. I love you
22. Test
23. Prayer
24. Hope
25. The past
26. Happy Days are here Again
27. The Red Saree
28. The Routine
29. The Promise
30. The Birth Day
32. The Truth
33. The Journey
34. The Decision
35. Back to home

31. The Celebration

2.6K 223 34
By batulyunus

Sonal knocked on the door and called out Radha. Before Sonal could call out her mother in law, Megha sent Radha to Sonal's room to calm her and alerted Radha not to spoil their Surprise.

Megha empty the packets of snacks and sweets in bowls and plates while Akash started setting the table as Akhilesh had gone to wake up his parents.

As Mr. and Mrs. Shah wake up they were just told "We are celebrating her Birthday" and were pushed to get ready.

Radha was in Akhilesh bedroom calming her Sister in law that just for today she is ban from Kitchen and her Baa had ordered Radha, to refrain Sonal from doing anything. Sonal was quite because she excepted something from her family for her Birthday but banning her from Kitchen will do what good other than delaying each and everything in the house was not understandable to Sonal.

It was half an hour later a knock on the bedroom door of Sonal was heard and Radha opened it. As instructed by Radha, Sonal was quietly sitting on her bed doing nothing.

Radha went out of the room and again locked the door. She joined everyone and asked her Baa to go and bring Sonal. As soon as Mrs. Shah opened the lock and called Sonal out, she obediently followed her mother in law.

Till now Sonal had understood that it was celebration of her Birthday. This family knows how to enjoy in the smallest things in the Grand way possible . She remembered how her mother knew nothing about her Birth date and there was no concept of even Wishing anyone on their Birthday.

She remembered her youngest brother who had the opportunity to attend school till he was 9 years old, he would sometimes bring sweets or snacks at home when any children of Zamindar would have their Birthdays.

Sonal saw her family they were standing forming an Arc around the dinning table. She smiled seeing them all.

"Janam divas Ni khub khub subhiksha" (Many many happy returns of the day). Every body cheered for her and with wet eyes and a lump in her throat from the happiness in front of her, she could only smile. Sonal's that Smile was bright enough for everyone to know how touched she is from their gesture.

Mrs. Shah brought Sonal in her arms and wished her. A motherly hug was needed and Sonal eyes started pouring out all the water she had in them. Megha and Radha joined the hug and tried to make Sonal Smile.

It was a happy moment for a girl who had once dreamt of a life to never sleep empty stomach. Sonal had worked Hard at her Fathers house. she would do all house chores as her Mother-Father would be on construction Sites working. She would take care of house, she had learn embroidery for Sarees and any job that would help her to earn something. she would take up any work happily for the money.

Sonal recalled the hard times her life had showed her and cried more engulfing her mother in law. She never thought her prayers and patience were going to be rewarded by the great and loving family. She always considered herself as burden to her father but now she was treated as Queen by her Husband, Her Dear Akhilesh, Her Love Akhilesh, Her Everything was now Akhilesh.

Mrs. Shah broke the hug and bring Sonal to dining table. There was Suji ka halwa decorated in form of cake, Jalebi, Handvo (a dish in Gujarat), khaman, Kachori and Samosa.

Handvo

Khaman

Sonal was given a spoon by Megha and she took out a small portion of Halwa and feed it to Mrs. Shah. Sonal then feed it to Mr. Shah, Radha, Megha, Akash and lastly Akhilesh.

Radha and Megha hooted on Sonal feeding Akhilesh. Her family was happy and she was blessed by her mataji. Smile was not leaving Sonal face. Today she didn't worry about anything as she was witnessing immense love from her family.

"Sonal bhabhi, we had invited your family here but sorry they couldn't make it." Megha informed Sonal and she nodded her head.

How can her parents come, she thought. This Corona had affected them like anything. Her father had taken 50 thousands rupees loan for her marriage and now because of lockdown they didn't paid last 3 installment. Situation at her house was not good but when she wanted to help her father, she was strictly denied by her mother.

She waved her head and smiled that she understands but she couldn't speak anything. Her eyes were still teary and she had a bright smile on her face.

The day started in full swing as Akash and Akhilesh asked everyone to get ready as they are headed to temple after Breakfast.

Sonal was gifted a saree by her Mother in law and she asked her to wear it.

After breakfast the Shah headed to the temple in auto Rickshaw and Akash asked Akhilesh to ride with Sonal on the bike.

It was late in the afternoon they were all back from outing. Everyone was tried as after visiting the temple they headed to the kamati bagh and from there they headed to local Gujarati restaurant serving Unlimited food.

Everyone tried making sonal happy. She played Kho-koo with them and even Mr. and Mrs. Played as they couldn't deny their loving Daughter in law. Mr. Shah was the first one to lose and Mrs. Shah Won the game to everyone Surprise because she used her mind and not legs.

Sonal and Akhilesh Bedroom

"Thank you, I never knew Birthday can be made this special." Sonal thanked her husband with her full heart and eyes flowing with waters.

He hugged her and secured her within him. He kissed on her hair and didn't leave her. After a while they heard his phone ringing and both broke the hug and laughed.

"I think our Romance will always be disturbed by his phone." Akhilesh conveyed his irritation and Sonal only chuckle.

It was Sonal parents and they were calling her from village Panchayat. She chirped as Akhilesh put her on the Phone and she could hear her mother and little brother.

They wished her and also informed about Sangeeta wishes to talk to her. They gave her the number which Akhilesh saved on his phone.

As the call of her family disconnected, Akhilesh failed her Sisters number.

It was Sonal face which was shining bright and her smile was flashing like a toothpaste add. Akhilesh thought to tease her after the call.

As soon as the call was been picked, Sangeeta wished Sonal on her Birthday and started asking details of the day as Sonal mother had informed them how Sonal's in laws were planning to surprise her.

As soon as Sonal started filling in the details, Akhilesh took the clue and went towards the bathroom to give Sonal the needed privacy.

Sangeeta also inquired about Sonal and Akhilesh progressed in their relationship or not and Sonal could just shy at the question.

When Sangeeta didn't heard anything from her she worriedly asked Sonal again, where that poor little girl could only say "YES" and requested her elder sister to change the topic.

Sangeeta had a laugh at her little sister expense but choose to divert the topic for not making anything awkward.

Sonal you know there are going to be Municipality election here in Mehsana. They are distributing 500 to 1000 rs to voters to choose them in election.

My election card was made during the inquiry for new voters. My husband said we are going to demand 2000/- rs per election card.

You ask your husband to prepare a election card for you also as this is your 18 birthday and now you are also eligible to vote.

Sonal replied "Okay ben."

Sangeeta was describing about getting 16000/- rs this month when Sonal saw Akhilesh standing right in front of her.

Akhilesh face had no Smile and Sonal without interpreting her sister inquired from Akhilesh with signs "what happened ?"

Akhilesh questioned "which Birthday it is ?"

The colour of Sonal face drained. Nothing seemed relevant to her anymore. A tear slipped down from her eye and so Akhilesh's hope in his heart that might be he mis-heard his sister in law.

Their attention from each others face broke when they heard Sangeeta worried voice from the phone.

Akhilesh took the phone from Sonal's hand and ended the call. Sonal rise from the bed and she was on the dilemma of what she should say ?

Whether voice will come out of her mouth or not ?

At instance her mouth dried and her voice was caged in her throat.

Akhilesh took the hold of her arms and she shook it still she didn't know what was happening to her.

He asked her " How old are you ?"

Nothing came out of her mouth or eyes. Sonal eyes expanded with the shock and voice was not coming as she tried opening her mouth.

"Are you Eighteen ?" He questioned and Sonal blink her eye as she couldn't lie nor the truth was coming out of her and just like that Her Happiest Day turned to ruin her and Akhilesh life forever.

I am SORRY...

I known , I am too late and it's entirety my fault. I faced a writer's block and nothing helped other than writing and focusing on other stories. I hoped you all forgive me.

I am committed to this Story and I won't leave it hanging. I will complete the story.

Thank you
barulyunus.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 100K 86
He doesn't know what love is but he knows he doesn't want to be lonely. She knows what love is but also knows she doesn't have a chance at it. Nikh...
10.2K 414 11
"Is it fine now, Ma?" ".... I ... I Ma, have had enough." 'What was he talking about?' "Then why?" ...
323K 34.2K 20
Rabya was unwillingly tied up in a knot of marriage with the only son of a big Zamindar; Adhrit Singh Chauhan. She once had a happy life, trying to...
177K 11.4K 23
A story about a boy who is obsessed with a cute little girl, his life changing decision made by him at the age of 19 most important he changed her li...