Lovely Fellow | 18+ ✓

By TheSolSoldier_

**NOW PUBLISHED** GrumpyXSunshine "let kindness spread like a wildfire." Opal Clemens is a bubbly outgoing g... More

aesthetics
playlist
info
1. capri sun.
2. maplesgrove.
3. pure unbridled rage.
4. little blue pills.
5. the search for happiness.
6. sinking.
7. white roses.
8. kryptonite.
9. fractured heart.
10. autumn haze.
11. frosty breeze.
12. peach pit.
13. grey skies.
14. the monster inside.
15. to survive a storm.
16. sunshine delight.
17. heavy rain.
18. grunge.
19. retrograde.
20. drizzle.
21. just a wallflower.
22. where the bad things are.
23. two lost souls passing by.
24. good things fall apart.
25. take my breath away.
26. lone wolf.
27. stay.
28. darkness lurks.
29. vast like a hurricane.
30. strong like the sea, brave like the moon.
31. lifeline.
32. harrow.
33. devilry.
34. cadaver.
wheres the rest of the story?
35. woeful demise.
36. sinking ships.
37. to love recklessly.
38. to weather a storm.
39. you were a forest fire.
40. like milk and honey.
41. crossfire.
42. beautiful tragedy.
43. six feet deep.
44. like a match to a flame.
45. sweet to the soul.
46. the girl who grew sunflowers.
48. the boy with a mended heart.
c o v e r s
being misunderstood series.

47. evergreen.

2.1K 71 27
By TheSolSoldier_

O P A L

Randy sucks on his ice cream spoon, a drop of ice cream drops down his spoon and onto his tuxedo. He glances down and makes a face. "Uh oh."

Polli slaps his shoulder roughly. "Wowza, nice going Randy."

"It was an accident."

She snorts. "Suuure it was. We all know your in love with Marci and will do anything to stop this wedding."

He rolls his eyes, exiting the room. I follow behind him and watch him struggling to get it out. "Follow me." I wave my hand.

He stands beside me, watching me grab a clean rag out of the drawer. He breathes through his nostrils, like he's trying to calm himself down. Wetting the rag I lightly tap at the stain. "You okay Randy?"

He rakes his fingers through his long daffodil hair. "Yup."

"You know Polli was just joking."

He nods his head, pushing his hair behind his ear. "I know."

"You two always joke like that. What's the matter?"

He grabs my wrist, pulling the cloth out of my hand. "Thank you Opal. I can take it from here."

I lean against the doorway, watching him rub the stain. I grab ahold of the rag, "You can't rub it or it'll push it into the fabric more. You have to dab it." I explain, showing him how. "You know you can talk to me Randy. I'm always here for you. I'd love to help, or offer advice any way I can. If you'll let me."

I toss the rag in the sink. "I think we saved your tux."

Just as I exit the bathroom he clears his throat. "Actually. If I'm going to talk to anyone about anything, it's gonna be you."

I cross my arms, leaning against the doorframe. "Everything okay?"

His cheeks turn red, "I mean yeah. It's just kinda embarrassing. I did have a small crush on Marci, but it didn't last long. I kinda, maybe, love Polli."

"Oh-my. Wow. First of all, that's the sweetest thing ever!" I grin, trying to contain my excitement. "Her and Nicholas broke up two weeks ago. Why don't you make a move?"

"I don't know Opal. Her and I have been best buds since third grade. I wouldn't want to chance our friendship. She's way to good of a friend to not have around over something silly."

I place my hands on his face, making him look at me. "Randy, being in love isn't silly, at all. If you love her you can't just not say anything."

He rubs his face, leaning against the sink. "I wouldn't even know what to say."

"You could take a few days to think about it. See what happens. If nothing then I'll help you out."

"You'd do that?" He asks.

I nudge his arm and give him a smile. "Of course I would."

"Did the ice cream come out?" Polli questions, glancing between the both of us.

"Yup, all fine and dandy!" I chirp.

Polli combs her freshly curled hair with her fingers. "Opal always knows what to do."

I grin, "Mom and dad teach us well."

Leelan rushes past us before backing back up. "Marci needs you Opal, and Polli too."

"Is she okay?" I ask, glancing into his green eyes.

He nods, "Um yeah. She's just... turning into a pregnant monster."

Polli takes a step back, "Then I'm not going in there."

"But she needs both of us."

Her eyes widen and she laughs out of fear, "Oh no, definitely not."

"Your scared of Marci?"

She bobs her head harshly. "A pregnant Marci, yes. She screamed at me yesterday because I was drinking water the wrong way. I literally thought I was going to die."

"She's not that bad Polli."

"Then go by yourself." She waves her hands in front of her, shooing me off.

I huff and fix the end of my dress before heading up the stairs. This is a dangerous game for me, walking stairs with heels on; actually just me in heels is a death wish. I grab ahold of the door knob and twist it open, closing it behind me. Marci stands in front of the mirror, staring at herself.

"Wow Marci." I gush. "You look stunning." Gripping the zipper on her dress I zip it for her.

She rubs her baby bump and smiles as she admires her wedding dress. "Thank you."

"Corey is one lucky guy. It's weird, you won't be a Clemens anymore." I drag my hands down her shoulders, feeling the soft lace that lines her arms.

"I know." She wipes a tear away. "I'm going to miss being a Clemens."

"But you'll be a pretty amazing Mrs.Thomas."

I wrap my arms around her, feeling the baby kick. "I think baby is ready for her parents to be married."

I chuckle, "Maybe so. Mom is finishing the last touches of everybody's suits. Are you ready?"

"So ready." I loop my arm around hers, helping her down the stairs. As soon as we hit the ground floor everybody turns to Marci, speechless.

"Oh crap I'm the best man!" Leelan darts out the back door.

"You look so beautiful sweetheart!" Mom exclaims, trying her hardest to contain her tears. Dad pulls Marci into his arms, just balling his eyes out into her shoulder.

Marci dries her eyes. "Dad stop! Or I'm going to cry. I do that enough already."

Dad stays silent in an effort to not cry. He loops his arm with hers, getting ready to walk down the isle. Polli and Randy loop arms before heading down the isle. As I exit the house Koa stands at the start of the isle, waiting for me. He intwines our arms together.

"You look beautiful." He whispers near my ear. Butterfly's erupt in my stomach. The smell of his soft cologne fills my nostrils just as we part from each other.

Our friends and family rise from their seats as Marci and dad walk down the isle. He places a kiss on her cheek before taking his seat next to mom.

-

Randy laughs so hard he snorts water up his nose, hacking so hard his face turns bright red. I pat his back until he catches his breath. Polli holds her stomach from laughing so hard. "Oh my gosh Randy, you are such a cluts." She chortles with joy.

"You alright Randy?" Koa questions.

"Yeah I'm good." He elbows Polli in the arm, "At least there's one person here who cares."

"Hey I care." She retorts.

"I'm just joking Polli. But I care about who's going to lose against me at a dance off." He grins cheekily.

She thumps his chest, "You're on sucka."

I cover my mouth as I giggle watching the pair do their strange dance moves. The string twinkle lights flicker on just as the sun goes dark. "Ms.Clemens."

Twirling in my seat I come face to face with Koa. "Did you say something?"

"Can I have this dance?" He places his hand out in front of him, waiting for me to grab it.

He leads me onto the dance floor as the music slows down. He grips my waist, pushing my chest into his. "I love this."

"The wedding?"

"Well that too. But I love how everybody here is so happy. I love seeing people happy."

He grins, glancing down. "You're to cute."

I shrug, "If you say so."

Laying my head on his chest I close my eyes, listening to the sound of his heartbeat. I hear my family roar with laughter. I giggle into his chest at the sound of Leelan howling. "Opal."

"Hm?"

"Opal."

Opening my eyes the smile on his face slowly fades as he looks at me. "I love you, so much. I want to ask you something." His finger tips prickle my back. Goosebumps rise on my skin as the hair on my neck stands up. "Will you m-"

The mic rings as Randy brings it to his lips. "Ouch, sorry about the ear deafening noise. I just have to do something." Music starts to play as he taps his foot. "This ones for you!" He points to Polli standing by herself. Leelan runs over to a spot light shining it on her. Her face turns so red, it looks like she could explode.

Randy gets serious not taking his eyes off of Polli.
"Weeheeheehee dee heeheeheehee weeoh aweem away, In the jungle, the mighty jungle, The lion sleeps tonight!" He sings with all his might, not caring what others think. "In the jungle the quiet jungle, The lion sleeps tonight!" Leelan, Mom, Dad, and Marci all cheer Randy on like their his groupies.

I turn back to Koa, "Sorry. What did you say?"

He clears his throat. "It's nothing."

"Just tell me Koa."

"No it's okay. It was nothing." He assures me, stretching a smile across his lips.

-
⭐️PLEASE CONSIDER LEAVING A REVIEW⭐️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 12K 44
Not everyone is born strong, Some are soft like the cotton candy clouds, like the first rays before dawn. Some are unaware of the dark thoughts and...
368 25 9
𝒪𝓅𝒽ℯ𝓁𝒾𝒶 𝒦𝒶𝓉ℯ 𝒜𝓃𝒹𝓇ℯ𝒶𝓈: Ophelia Kate Andreas is the new girl at Milton Groves High School. She looks happy. Always smiling. Sure, she ha...
101K 2.2K 35
Evangeline Rose Jasper only knew life inside her house. The only people she knew were her parents. Being diagnosed with dependent personality disorde...
41.1K 1.8K 63
Book 1 of The Fly Series . . . His eyes turn red and his jaw begins to tremble. "I'm toxic. I'm arrogant. I'm awful. What else? I'm a misogynist. A s...