High On Life

By bejeweled_30

Nida Khan's got everything a girl could possibly want; riches, style, popularity, charm, A grades, and a far... More

1: New School
2: Being Nice
3: Butthurt
4: Unexpected Weekend
5: Getting To Know You
6: Meeting The DhoomBros
7: Hints
8: Je T'aime......Pas !
9: Saviour Or Tormentor
10: The Race And Its Aftermath
11: I'll Take Care Of You
12: Birthday
13: Party Catastrophe
14: Teddy Bear And.....Secrets?
15: The Challenge
16: Bipolarity At Its Utmost Peak
17: Bromance Or Romance?
18: Sheer Disbelief
19: Words Which We Never Said
20: Love Triangle?
21: Shocker
22: Destiny In A Mere Paper
23: Fate Revealed
24: Nighttime Romance Gone Wrong
25: High On Love
26: School Madness
27: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 1)
Author's Note
28: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 2)
29: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 3)
30: Confused
31: Love And Family
32: The Concealed
33: Agreement And Tension
34: Revelation Of The Truth
35: Good Times
36: The Engagement (Part 1)
37: The Engagement (Part 2)
38: Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gaye
39: Affliction
40: The Fault In His Love
41: Little Moments
42: Numb....
43: The Unexpected Bend In Our Road
44: Seven Days....Seven Decades
45: Sajna Teri Judaai.... Meinu Raas Na Aayi
46: Day One At Camp
47: Just One Chance?
48: Another Day, Another Memory
49: A Departing Soul's Secret Wish
50: The Truth Was Out
51: The 'To Be's' Outing
52: Masquerade Ball
53: Qubool Hai
54: Feels
55: Lost The Battle
56: First Time
57: Bailed Out
Author's Note
58: Losing It
59: The Inevitable
60: Judaai
61: Untold Memories
62: Unanswered
63: Did Time Really Heal Both Ends?
64: Hope?
65: The Plan
66: Pleasing Awkwardness
67: We Found 'Us'
68: His Love Potion Worked
69: Love Makes Life Live
70: New Year, New Beginning
71: Crucial Meet With The Truth
72: Back To All That Once Existed
73: Shidzi Ever After
74: Blessed
Epilogue
Author's Note

Fam Jam

6.4K 229 357
By bejeweled_30

Here's a little something for you babes :* ♡♡

____________________________

Nida's POV:

"Uff Ayaan ! Secure your ass in one place, will ya ?!" She yelled at her brother who was engaged in a phone call, fangirling with his best friend Ali, at the release of the new Call Of Duty game.

Shehry shook his head at the drama that was going on right ahead and I laughed internally.

"Ali, just hold on a sec........Aanya khoti ! Na bana mujhe satrangi. Meri sexiness ki waat laga de ga tumhaara yeh ghatiya talent kisi din !" He scowled at her and she threw her makeup brushes to the floor in rage, marching out of sight.

I glanced at Shehry for a split second and then we both glared at him.

He lowered his gaze in embarassment as he cut his call and sighed.

Shehry got off his seat and walked to him. "Shehzaade, hun apne chaachay warga sona te nahi ho sakda tu, jinna marzi try kar le." He snorted and Ayaan's jaw dropped.

These brothers and their love.

"Papa ! Hussain chaachu ab budday ho gaye hain. Unn se ziada sexy ab mein dikhta hoon." He smirked and Shehry slapped the back of his head.

"Beghairat ! Meray para di bisti karda aye? Ik putthay haath di aani aye teray boothay te." Shehry scolded, trying to sound threatening but failed miserably as Ayaan burst out laughing at his Punjabi phrases.

"O chaddo daddy jee, Hussain chaachu hove ya mein. Ik oyi gal aye." He winked and Shehry chuckled but all of a sudden pulled his ear.

"Saale, meri Aani ke saath kaise baat kar raha tha tu?" He spoke through gritted teeth and Ayaan looked at me with a puppydog face.

I giggled internally and walked over to the two of them. "Come on now Shehry. Lartay rehtay hain dono, koi nayi baat hai?" I grabbed Shehry's hand and pulled it away, hugging my baby's face obsessively.

Shehry just sighed. "Je ho ji maa, oho jeya puttar."

I turned to my 20 year old baby's face. "Ayaan, go apologize to her yaar. You were really mean."

"But mama..."

"No 'buts' babe. Go bring her back." I winked and he chuckled, nodding his head as he walked off.

I glanced at my frustrated husband and smiled but he didn't mirror it so I stepped over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. "Shehry?"

"Nidzi yaar. I'm tired. Let's take a break." He said, grabbing some coffee beans and milk and loading them into the coffee maker kept in our large van that he uses whenever he's shooting.

"Sir, what now?" Saqib,the senior cameraman asked, putting his large video camera on the small table.

"Short break !" He replied and Saqib yelled out to all of the production crew. "Short break guys !"

He handed me a cup of coffee and took his own as we both sat down next to each other on a bench.

"Where's Hussain and Hafsa?" I asked after having scanned the whole place.

"He said he had to attend a short meeting with his manager so he left an hour back with Hafsa."

"And what about Hammad and Ayla?" I asked.

"Idhar hi kahin honge." He replied, taking a sip and then kissed my cheek.

I pushed him slightly and he chuckled.

"Mama jee. Where's Aani aapi?" Aleena ran up to me with a frown on her face.

"She's there, I guess. Go check." I directed her to the exit to the set and she kissed my cheek instantly.

"Thanks mama."

"Aur papa ko pappi teri phuppi ne deni hai?" Shehry frowned and she laughed and kissed his cheek too and then hugged him.

"To de dein gi Maha phuppo. She the man !!" She boasted and the both of us laughed.

"Man kiyun? 'Bae' nahin?" I asked, remembering how she calls Maha her 'bae' and not even phuppo. Such is their frankness.

"Same thing maa." She winked and ran off, exiting the set in search of Aanya.

"Dekh lo. 17 saal ki hai, par harkatein 8 saal ke bachon jaisi hain." He laughed and I did too.

"Apna bachpan bhool gaye mister? Surely, I wasn't one of the DhoomBros back in my teens." I winked and he smiled widely.

"Ah ! Those beautiful days. Our babies are now the next gen Dhoombros, except that we have now girls too." He smiled.

I gave him a side hug as we both just sat there enjoying our coffee waiting for our three musketeers to return.

Aanya's POV:

He is so damn mean ! Jaahil insaan.

I just sighed, sitting down on the pavement outside the set. I swear if there's anyone, any one person that makes me loathe my skills as a professional certified makeup artist, it's got to be my lousy twin brother.

"Aani !" I heard a loud whisper from behind me and my jaw dropped.

I stood up immediately and glared at him. "Ray?! What are you doing here?!"

"Wrong script baby. I was supposed to ask you that." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Seriously Rayaan, yahaan kia kar rahe ho?"

"I came to see you....duh? Well actually I came to see the shooting of Shehry uncle's new movie." He grinned.

I rolled my eyes again.

Acha dost hai bhai. Mujh se ziada papa ki film mein interest hai. Waah !

"Ayaan ne dekh liya to?" I gasped, suddenly remembering Ayaan's hatred for Ray and shoved him to the side.

He facepalmed himself. "Uff ! Aik teray manhoos bhai ki problem kia hai !"

"Aye aye ! Bhai hai mera, tameez se baat kar warna yeh khaaye ga." I raised my fist to his face and he faked a frightened expression, making me laugh.

"Seriously Aanya, I'm your best friend, not your boyfriend. Like come on ! Everyone knows that. Except Ayaan." He narrowed his eyes.

"Yeah, I know." I sighed. "I mean from what angle do we look like we're in a relationship? Anyhow, I think you should leave before he turns up and kicks your ass." I giggled and he made a face.

"I'm not scared of him. Anyhow, I got you something." He grinned.

"Really? What?!" I squealed excitedly and he grabbed my hand dragging me to his car which was parked a few meters away.

He opened the trunk to his jeep and inside was that one box which meant the world to me.

"Aaah ! Thank you !!" I hugged him tight and he held his breath, squeezed in my grip.

"Uh...you can..let go now." He tried to speak, feeling suffocated and I pulled away.

"Whoops." I said sheepishly.

"Pizza !!" We squealed in unison as we tore open the box, sat in the trunk of the jeep and ate together.

"Aah ! This is so perfect." I said dreamily munching on a slice and he chuckled.

"Tum bas khaati raha karo moti !" He frowned.

"Tum bas khilaate raha karo shehzaade." I patted his back with force like guys do and copied his funny tone.

We just stayed silent for a few minutes and then I spoke. "Thanks a lot for this Ray. I really needed this."

"Oh, your welcome. By the way, I almost forgot to ask, chehra kiyun utra hua tha tumhaara jab mein aaya tha?" He asked and I sighed.

"Ayaan again?" He guessed.

"You already know. I don't get it. Kharoos ki debut film hai, thora makeup thop ke presentable lagne se kia chala jaaye ga uss ka? Besides, I am not even applying proper makeup on him. It's an action/romantic sequence and I'm supposed to make him look injured with all those blood stains and stuff. And how the hell does anyone expect me to do that, if he doesn't even let me !!" I screamed in rage at the last sentence and he immediately started blowing on me.

"Calm the fire girl !" He kept on blowing at me as if I was actually on fire and I punched his chest, bursting out laughing. This guy, I swear !

"It's okay Aanya, let it be. He's your brother and of course, every guy hates makeup." He said in a matter of factly tone and I punched his arm.

"Ow !" He scowled rubbing his arm. "Ziada gym nahi jaane lag gayi tum?"

"Oye ! Whose side are you on?" I turned away from him.

His hand clasped my shoulder but I yanked it away with mine.

"Oh come on Aanya."

I just got off his jeep and walked away. He grabbed my arm and jerked me towards him, resulting in a slight collision of our bodies.

I glared at him and he pouted. "Sorry?"

I sighed. "Okay Fi..."

"Ayee hayee ! Ray bhaiii ! Idhar hi shuru ho gaye ?" Alina who had just appeared, smirked, and I glared at her.

"Alina, behave." I said sternly.

"Oh come on aapi, chairne do na jeeju ko." She winked and Rayaan's jaw dropped in disbelief.

"Guess you forgot this one too." I whispered to him, reminding him that my baby sister too believed that we were a couple when we were really not.

"Aan....what the ?!" Ayaan's jaw dropped the sscond he saw Ray and I clenched my jaw in anger.

"The hell are you doing here ?!" He stepped forth raising a fist to Ray's face and I stood in between both of them.

To say my brother wasn't a complete hunk would be an utter lie. Pooray pooray dollay shollay banaaye huay hain Atif uncle ki tarha. And so, I had to save Ray's ass before a WWE match begun outside the set.

"Aani stay outta this." Ayaan spoke through gritted teeth, his eyes boring into Ray's, who stood there not afraid of what could possibly happen to him.

"No ! That's my best friend you're rolling up your sleeves for Ayaan. Back off !" I yelled.

"Best friend? He just needs a damn excuse to get into your pants." He said and that's where I completely lost it.

Rayaan just stood there calmly but I could feel him suppress his rage deep down within him.

"Shut the fuck up !! How could you even say that about my best friend ?! How could you....stoop so low?" A tear escaped my eye.

"Aanya hatto ! Let me talk." Ray nudged me aside and I again stood in front of him.

"No Rayaan. I am tired of this ! Why do you keep doing this ?! You already know he's just my best friend, nothing more. Then why ?! I know you're my brother and you care about me but I have the right to live my life and to choose the people I want."

Ayaan took a step in his direction but Alina grabbed his arm. "Bhai....let go." She whispered and he yanked his arm out of her grip.

"Bohat pachtaaye ga tu saale, bohat ziada......Aur tum bhi Aanya. Mark my words." He spoke in a hushed up tone and stomped back into the set.

"You should go Rayaan." I whispered.

"But Aani..."

"Ray please. Just go !" I whimpered, on the verge of tears and he left, driving his car away from the place.

Alina wiped the tear stain off my cheek and hugged me. "I'm sorry aapi." She whispered over my shoulder and I just silently hugged her back.

"I just don't get it. Why does Ayaan hate him so much? He's known Ray since so many years, then why this...this hatred?" I weeped and she pulled away, wiping away my tears.

"Aapi, everything's gonna be okay. Relax hm?" She smiled but I didn't mirror it.

She raised her fingers to the corners of my lips and curved them upwards just the way mom and dad do to each other and us three when we're feeling low.

I smiled slowly and hugged her again. "I love you babe."

"I love you more aapi. Come on now. Papa's probably really mad at us right now. We've wasted so much of his precious time." She said and I nodded as we walked back in.

Ayaan just sat there glaring at me the minute I entered and I decided to ignore him. He just silently walked up to me with my large suitcase in his hand and kept it on the chair on the side.

Without giving him the least bit of interest I just silently proceeded on with my task.

Grabbing the paste made out of different items that was to be used as blood , I tried applying it to his face. He bent his knees a little so I could reach his face since he was tall.

I just sighed and grabbed his hand dragging him to the chair and made him sit on it.

Bending over him, I applied the paste on his face. By the look on his face I could feel him terribly disgusted but this makeover was needed.

"Aanya." He whispered and I stayed silent.

"Aan.."

"I'm listening." I said, cutting him through.

"Aanya, can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked and I just kept applying the dark bluish shade under his eye, giving the impression of a swollen eye.

"No. I don't have time and I have to give Jiya a makeover too. Papa'll get pissed. We've wasted enough time already."

"Sirf baat karne ka poocha tha, kahaani sunaane ka nahi." He said with attitude and I halted, glaring down at him and he smirked.

I just stood straight and turned when he immediately grabbed me by the waist, lifting me a little off the ground and I squirmed in his grip.

"Chor Ayaan !!" I yelled and mom and dad just stared at us with puzzled expressions on their faces.

He gave them both a kissing face and exited the set.

"Choro mujhe Ayaan ! Put me down you ass!" I yelled, elbowing him and he finally put me down.

I was about to walk back when he grabbed both my arms and looked into my eyes.

"Senti kiyun hoti hai tu?" He whispered.

"Mein hoti hoon? Ayaan please, I don't have time for your bullshit, let me go before...."

"Before what ?!" He cut me off.

"Before something so harsh escapes my mouth and causes you regret for the rest of your life." I spoke through gritted teeth. He sighed and I tried yanking my arms out of his grip but he didn't let go.

I looked back at him and finally spoke. "Why are you even doing this, Ayaan ? You're my brother, how can you not understand me? Understand my....my feelings that you so badly hurt each time you try to attack Rayaan." I whimpered.

He just sighed and sat down on the pavement, pulling me down with him. Putting his arm around my shoulders, he pulled me to himself as I sobbed silently curled into his chest.

"Aani I....I'm sorry." He just said and I sat straight.

I held his hand in mine and spoke softly. "No, at least tell me the reason for...for this hatred Ayaan. Please."

"Aanya....I know he's your best friend babe, but he's not the kind of guy to fall in love with you. He's just playing around."

"Fall in love? Who's even falling in love? You just now said that we're friends, then where does love come from? No one's falling in love, Ayaan."

"But you will !......And he won't love you back." I peered into his eyes which portrayed an expression of fear and worry for me.

"I'm not going to fall in love with him because he's just my best friend. He's not what you think he is. And if I love someone, I'll marry him. Besides, I will only marry someone who mom and dad choose for me, I don't believe in the whole concept of...love marriage despite knowing that mom and dad had one. Not every love marriage turns out perfect the way they show in movies. And hence, I don't wanna take risk. Coming to a conclusion, Rayaan is just my best friend, nothing more....nothing less."

Ayaan's POV:

I just stayed silent, thinking to myself.

I guess she's right perhaps. And besides, I've never seen him do anything wrong. I'm probably just being an overprotective brother. I think...I need to give her some space and freedom to make her own decisions. She needs her personal space.

"You're right Aanya. I'm probably just being too hard on you both." I nodded and took her hands in mine.

"From today onwards, I'll try not to bother you guys."

"Try?" She made a face.

"Jee. Try." I said sternly and she rolled her eyes.

"You are one terrible twin sister." I kissed her forehead and she smiled.

"And you are one horrible twin brother." She kissed my cheek and I chuckled.

We both stood up.

"Ab dosti ho gayi na, ab mil ke aik doosray ka saath dein ge papa ki daant par, jo abhi pardhne waali hai humein." I winked and she laughed nervously.

We both went back in and saw dad busy with Hussain chaachu.

Ah ! Chaachu, my saviour.

"Whaduuuup !!" I yelled, sprinting towards chaachu for our famous handshake and he returned it spot on.

"Nothin' much man. You tell. Shooting kaisi rahi?" He winked at me and Jiya, my supposed co-actress, giggled while I just rolled my eyes.

And there goes papa ka thappar. He hit my head from the back and I pouted.

"Saale nautanki ne scene kiya ho to phir ki baat hai na." He made a face as he told chaachu.

"Na kar Shehry yaar. Shehzaada hai mera." Chaachu patted my back harshly and in popped Hammad.

"Haan haan. Kar lein usse pyaar. Assi kon lagde aan tuhaade?"

"Oye hoye ! Looks like somebody's been taking Punjabi lessons." I smirked at him and he gave me a huge cheesy grin, landing beside papa.

"Taaya and I make a great team." He winked at papa and they gave each other a fist-bump.

"Vaikh. Ulloo de patthay, tere kolon te changa hi aye, wadda aaya, angrez di aulaad !" Papa scoffed at me and I glared at Hammad.

"Teri hi aulaad hai bhai." Hussain chaachu smirked and we all laughed.

"So, where's Ayla and chaachi?" I asked chaachu.

"I think they're in that room. Ladies' conference going on in there. Ja hero, entry maar jaa ke." He winked at me.

"Haww chaachu. Don't put me in the 'shameless' category." I frowned.

"Shameless? Aur jab meri Ayla pe line maarta hai tab?" He said and my jaw dropped.

"Astaghfaar chaachu ! Hudd hogayi hai jhoot ki. Might I remind you she's my sister ?" I said, putting emphasis on 'sister', though I knew he was only joking.

Dad, Hammad and chaachu laughed altogether and I just made an annoyed face.

"Ayaan, can I talk to you for a sec?" Jiya walked up to me after having her makeover done and hair styled by Aanya.

"Yeah, sure." I left them three and walked with her to the side.

"Yeh scene....aaj shoot hoga bhi ke nahi? I have a date today and if I'm late, I'm gonna blame you for that." She said accusingly.

I chuckled. "Which gaylord did you pick up this time?"

She gasped and smacked my arm while I cackled like an idiot.

"I'll tell dad to start shooting. Just gimme five, I'll ask Aani to finish up my look and we'll begin. Okay?" I patted her shoulder and she nodded.

I knocked on one of the doors in this huge warehouse kind of place where the ladies were and went in.

"Aao jee." Chaachi grinned and I went up to her for a hug. "So, how's my champ?"

"I'm fit and sexy as ever, chaachi. You tell?" I winked and she laughed.

"I'm hot and young as ever too, my boy." She winked and we gave each other a high five as mom just raised an eyebrow amusingly, at our frankness.

I then walked over to her and moved my cheek in her direction and she kissed it.

"Hey Ayla." I then looked towards Ayla and greeted her with a grin and she smiled. "Hi."

"Aaanniii !!!" I almost yelled, remembering Jiya's dhamki to begin shooting asap.

"Bhonkooo !!!" She said, mimicking my tone.

"Finish this khoon waala look, will you? Jiya's getting impatient. Saali ki date hai baad mein." I chuckled and she got up, leading me to the mirror in the room and seated me down on a chair as she perfected my look.

I turned to the rest of the ladies in the room. "Sexy lag raha hoon na?" I winked and mama's expression changed.

"Haye mera baby." She pouted, strolling up to me and kissed the clear area on my face. "Allah tumhein kabhi bhi kuch na hone de."

"Maa, senti ho gayeen yaar?" I smiled, seeing a tear appear at the corner of her eyes and kissed her forehead. I wiped her tear with my thumb before it could fall out.

Turning towards Aanya, I winked, giving her the 'you nailed it' look and she jerked her collar up, boasting her professional makeup skills.

I headed out with the girl gang trailing behind me and gave papa the heads up that I was ready to shoot.

"Tere baap ka nokkar laga hua hoon mein ?!" Whoops ! Looks like papa's rage meter just shot up. "Aik ghanta aise hi waste kar diya tumne aur Aanya ne apne jhagron (fights) mein !"

"Saans le lay Shehry. Blood pressure high ho jaaye ga." Hussain chaachu snorted, trying to hold in his laugh and dad grabbed him by the collar firecely, glaring at him.

He jerked his hand off his collar and mom came forward. Well, if not chaachu, then mama definitely has her ways of calming him down. Add wink emoticon here.

She held dad's face in her hands and wriggled her eyebrows playfully, smirking at him.

"Bol Nidzi." He made a face, peering into her eyes. Dang ! Papa, no matter how old he might be, he was still pretty much a kid at heart. I love you dad. Stay like this always, hero.

Chaacha and chaachi were busy instructing Hammad and Ayla to help with the production crew.

Mom kissed dad on the forehead and he smiled instantly reaching his hands out to her and pulled her into his lap.

Aanya, Alina and I looked at each other and smiled at their little moment.

"Bachay dekh rahay hain Shehry." Mom whispered to dad and he smirked.

"Should've thought of that before turning my world upside down with that pappi." He winked and mom blushed a deep shade of pink and giggled.

He then whispered something into her ear and she smiled, blushing even more. She whispered something back and they both laughed silently.

Zaroor 'I love you' bola hoga. Zindagi ho to aisi. Lambi umar par romance bharpoor.

The three of us ran up to them, engulfing them in a large group hug.

"Ab aap dono ka ho gaya ho, to shooting start karein?" I winked into the hug and papa punched my abs playfully.

I laughed and we all backed away.

"Alright so, action sequence first guys." Dad spoke in the mic so the whole production crew could hear.

"Ayaan, take care of yourself when you leap over those barrels and smash those boxes. Though they're made only of cardboard but there a few nails holding them together so....Anyhow, I need everyone in position ! Saqib, set everyone at their assigned spots. Usman ! Ensure that appropriate low lighting is used and Micheal, set only a few cameras focussing on the materialistic things in the warehouse, while the rest focus on Ayaan completely. Got it ?!" He yelled the last two words, concluding that entire speech.

"Yes sir !" Their united voices chimed in unison.

"Ayaan, get in position. Extras ! You'd only get into the scene on my signal." I took my position on dad's command and the clapperboard guy came in front, ready for the first take.

"Take one and.....Action !" Dad yelled and right on signal I sprinted in my black fitted vest and army pants which were covered in sand. I dodged a few crates, still running at top speed as the large video cameras followed my every move.

I jumped high over the barrels and almost stumbled when landing, but I managed a safe landing with a somersault and halted in a crouching position. I looked back as if still trying to ensure that I was being chased and yes I was, because right then the extras entered the scene with revolvers in their hands. Loud bangs of gun shots played through the speakers as I stood up and ran again, a little slower this time.

I was completely out of breath at this moment, but I wasn't going to give up. I had to prove to dad that I was able to do this, and I won't disappoint him.

From the corner of my eye, my focus fell on mom who had a worried expression on her face while standing with the cameraman and didn't realize when I smashed into the cardboard crates that I was supposed to break with my punches. My arms scratched against the crates and it kinda hurt a bit.

"Cut !!" Dad yelled and instead of being mad at me, he smiled, giving me a thumbs up.

I smiled back. I could tell he was proud of the fact that I did shoot half the scene perfectly.

Mom came running to me with a worried expression on her face.

"Wh...what's wrong?" I quickly asked when all of a sudden she grabbed my wrist, raising it up and I saw it was bleeding.

Ayla ran up to us with the first aid kit and mom moved aside. "Mein dekhti hoon taayi jee." She smiled at mom and got to fix my wound.

She took her hand in mine and began applying the antisceptic spray. I winced in pain and she quickly blew onto the wound.

"Is it hurting?" She asked, still blowing onto it.

"Nahi, bas waise hi dil kar raha hai chillaane ka." I said and she giggled, securing the wound with a bandage.

"Better?" She asked and I raised my hand to her nose and pinched it, scrunching up my face. "Much better."

She laughed shyly and I smiled. "Thanks Ayla."

"Anytime." She got up and lent me a hand, helping me up.

Our eyes met for a second as we stood one step apart but she looked away instantly and walked off.

I shrugged at her reaction and looked towards dad. "One more take, dad ! I'm gonna do it, this time."

"You sure you can handle it, champ?" He asked.

"Hundred percent affirmative." I grinned and he nodded.

Everyone got back into position and the second try at the same scene took place and I completed it successfully ending with saving Jiya, by pulling her behind a few crates. Apparently, those goons were after us and I was to save her life.....and mine of course.

Everyone cheered for me on set and dad called me over.

He showed me the video of the scene and to say I didn't look cool would be an understatement. Besides my own looks, the production crew, and in other words, dad, did a fine job, making me look awesome onscreen.

"Okay everyone ! Time for the romantic sequence, since Jiya's here with us." Dad announced and smirked at me. I just rolled my eyes.

Papa knew how much I hated the idea of romance and so he would waste no opprotunity to tease the crap out of me whenever it came to acting. The funny part being, I actually make a pretty good lover onscreen. Just like Hussain chaachu.

"Jiya take your position !" He instructed her and she nodded, walking over to me, clad in a faint white shalwar kameez. She had to look injured too, so her clothes were filled with blood stains.

"Do you guys need to go through your lines?" Dad asked.

"No !" We replied in unison. I've been memorizing them since yesterday so I guess we're good.

Jiya and I sat down behind the crates and on signal, the cameras started to roll and I began breathing heavily as if out of breath from all that running.

She slowly raised her hands and held my face, peering straight into my eyes.

"Salman." She addressed me with character's name. "Kiyun aisa kar rahe ho tum meray saath?" She spoke so seriously so perfectly that I doubt it'd even feel like acting to an insider.

"Asmaara....mera bas chale to mein..." I looked at her serious expressions and felt a corner of my lips tug upwards and she snorted as if also trying to hold in her laugh and all of a sudden the both of us burst out laughing like absolute idiots.

Papa frowned as we high-fived each other and kept on laughing for no special reason.

We finally shut up and papa got ready for another take.

"Salman....kiyun kar rahay ho aisa tum meray saath?" She spoke once again, fake tears eluding down her eyes and I bit my lip immediately and this time she broke out laughing and I couldn't hold mine inside me, either.

"Asmaara bas kar de !!!" I yelled, laughing hard.

"Okay ! Okay okay !" She sighed deeply and giggled a little, trying hard to gain control of her laughing fit. "Salman, apna bas chala lena, bas phootna nahi, okay?" She smirked and I nodded.

"Take 3 !" Dad yelled. "Action !"

"Salman....kiyun...."

And this time I exploded...again and she kept on punching my arm, laughing along and papa just sighed.

I can't help it. Jiya looks so funny in this senti avatar that she's so unlike in real life.

"Ab tum dono hanse na, to ghuma ke chittar aayein ge !" Papa scolded and Jiya and I gulped nervously.

"Okay, focus now." I whispered to Jiya and she nodded.

"Take 4 and...Action !"

"Salman...kiyun kar rahay ho aisa tum meray saath?" She shed a few tears, seeimg too real this time.

"Asmaara..." I held her hand that was kept firmly on my right cheek and clenched my jaw. "Mera bas chale to mein tumhein....kahin door le jaaoun. Tumhaara har dukh, har dard apne hissay mein le loun. Tumhaare dil ki har dhadkan aur har saans ko.....aik alag sa sukoon de doun. Aik aisa sukoon jo iss....zaalim duniya ne tum se cheen liya hai."

"Par ab bacha hi kia meray paas, sab kuch tp cheen liya mujh se meray rab ne." She weeped and I pulled her to my chest and shut my eyes, caressing her hair.

"Nahi Asmaara. Aik cheez ab bhi hai tumhaari zindagi mein....main hoon Asmaara." She pulled away slightly and my lips curved into a slow smile but she didn't return it.

According to scene, she just sobbed. "Lekin agar....khuda ne tumhein mujh se..."

"Sssshh !!" I kept my finger over her lips, hushing her up. "Nahi Asmaara, agar jeeyein ge to dono saath mein jeeyein ge, warna khuda hum dono ki jaan le lay. Aur phir....na tum....na mein....aur na hi yeh pathar-dil logon se bhari duniya."

I looked at her pain-stricken face, searching for answers as I spoke. "Bolo, chalo gi na meray saath?"

She shook her head slowly. "Salman, mein tumhaare saath nahi chal sakti. Woh log mujhe jaan se maar dein ge. Dekho...unho ne tumhaara bhi kia haal kar diya hai." She weeped, wiping off some of the fake blood with her fingers.

And all of a sudden a loud gunshot was sounded scaring us out of our wits.

We looked at each other shocked and I hurriedly got up and reached my hand out to her but she shook her head. "Nahi. Tum jao. Chale jao please ! Woh tumhein maar deinge Salman." She cried.

"Tumhaare baghair kahin nahi jaaounga." I spoke through gritted teeth and instantly bent down, lifting her up.

"Yeh kia kar rahe ho. Choro mujhe !! Aakhir kab tak maut se bhagaatay raho ge mujhe tum." She bawled, digging her head into my neck and I clenched my jaw.

"Jab tak mein zinda hoon, tab tak maut tumhaare aamne saamne, mera khuda bhatakne bhi nahi dega." I whispered and ran off with her.

"And CUT !!! WHOOO !!!!" Dad and everyone else present clapped and cheered loudly for us both and I put Jiya down. We gave each other a congratulative hug and smiled at everyone else.

I could see mom crying as she went behind the van. I knew very well how she was feeling right now.

I hugged everyone hastily and ran to her.

"Mama." I said quietly and she smiled through her tears. "Hey." She said trying to sound casual but it came out as a whimper.

I just pulled her into my arms hugging the life out of her and she hugged back tightly, sniffing against me.

"Mama, I know how much the plot for this movie relates to your life but this is papa's dedication to you." I pulled back and wiped her tears. "You know how much he loves you right? Then take this movie as a symbol of papa's eternal love for you. If you keep breaking down like this, further into the movie, he'll think of this project as his failure, right?"

She nodded with a smile and pinched my nose. "Itni bari bari baatein kab se karne lag gaya, huh?"

"Jab se aapne aur papa ne apni...love story sunaayi humein." I said, tears pooling up in my eyes, thinking of all the pain mom and dad have gone through.

"Chal senti mat ho." She whispered, copying my style and wiping off a tear that just rolled down my eye.

I nodded and she curved the corners of my lips into a smile and I grinned instantly.

I pulled her to myself again. "I'm much taller than you mama. You feel like a little doll in my arms." I joked and she giggled, punching my chest.

"Maa di bisti karda aye khotay?" She said.

"Nidzi?" Papa came from the back and I let go of mom, giving them some privacy as I joined Aanya, Alina and the rest of the gang.

Shehry's POV:

I couldn't see Nida and Ayaan anywhere so I checked the back of the van and there they were, their faces all lone as if they just cried or something, especially Nida's.

Ayaan left and I walked to her. "Nidzi, what's wrong?"

"Nothing." She smiled. "Just having a little moment with my prince."

"You were crying, weren't you?" I said, stating the obvious and she chuckled.

"So?" She just casually said with a smile.

So? Seriously Nida?

Unable to hold myself back, I just hugged her knowing perfectly what she was going through.

"Nidzi, I can dissolve the project altogether if it's too hard on you. I can't see you cry like this." I said truthfully over her shoulder.

"No Shehry. You have to and you will go on. You will make this film Shehryaar. For me?" She pulled away.

"Of course it's for you jaan. This whole project, the actors, cameramen and the production crew....are all for you. You're the only thing going through my mind as I sit there in my seat, guiding them all. And when you stand by me while I work, I feel complete, and satisfied......And of course, chittar peynde peynde bach jaande ne sab log.....tu je naal hondi aye." I winked and she grinned.

She leaned close and whispered into my ear. "I love you."

"And I love you more." I whispered back into her ear and we smiled at each other

We pulled away, getting back to the crew and did what we did best.

"Aagaye aap log?" Alina asked with smirk and I winked at her.

"Papa, can I call Ray over for sinner today? I need to talk to him.....urgently." She glared at Ayaan at the last word and he just shrugged, acting all innocent.

Zaroor panga liya hoga saale ne.

"Okay sure." I agreed and we all got ready to pack up and leave the set for our home sweet homes.

___________________________________

HIIIII HOL LOVERS :D ♡♡♡ DAMN ! IT'S BEEN A WHILE AND I MISSED YOU GUYS LIKE ANYTHING !

Oh, well I have been staying in touch with you through my new story. For those of you who don't know, I have begun writing a new story 'Your Imaan, My Desire' on my new account @Maahee_30 . It's an Islamic love story but I tried to keep it universal for all my Non-Muslim readers too. So I hope you give it a try :) ♡

And did I mention, I have a few things popping up in my head for a High On Life sequel ;) :D But i still cant guarantee anything. Let's see if I can :)

Last but not the least, hope you enjoyed this chapter :) ♡♡ And thank you once again for all the neverending love and support ♡♡ :*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 3.9K 23
Shehryaar Asif, the player, and Haya Khan, a well known chic flick journalist, cross paths on their road to achieve their career goals. While Shehry...
255K 16.4K 62
**COMPLETED** SEQUEL TO SAJDAH Shehryaar and Asmaara meet again after three years of no contact at all. A lot has changed yet, a lot is still the sam...
39.3K 1.7K 34
"Sir, Your wife is waiting outside." His secretary said. His heart skipped a beat. She is here? Why? She wants it now? No. Am not ready to let her go...
21.5K 1.9K 74
Hi! their i am a bit nervous because it is my first time that i am writing some thing on public hope you all love it......:) well my story revolve ar...