Two Against One (EDITING)

By ayishasv5

Moody. Depressed. Those two words are the way to describe Bryan Benson. He is my teacher and let's say he hat... More

Two Against One
(Lazy Day)
(You had me @ hello)
(As long as you love me)
(Crush)
(Wings)
(Dream)
(Superman)
(I can do better)
(Everything at once)
(I'm Yours)
(I'd Lie)
(Let's forget)
(Run)
(Shiver)
(The man who can't be moved)
(Oh my goodness)
(Hold my hand)
(Ain't no other man)
(Chocolate. Did you just say chocolate?)
(Treacherous)
(Smile)
(Let's dance)
(Complicated)
(Heart Attack)
(One Way Or Another)
(The lucky one)
(Death and all his friends)
(Losing Your Memory)
(Skyfall)
(A/N)
Book 2 (Innocence)
(Cold As You)
(Better in time)
(Untouchable)
(Invisible)
(Break Of Dawn)
(Show me the meaning of being lonely)
(Heart speaks first)
(Impossible)
(Are you happy now?)
(Army of two)
(Heart skips a beat)
(Crazier)
(I turn to you)
(Love story)
(Hero)
(Question Time!!!!!)
(I want it that way)
(I will be)
(Imagine)
(Enchanting to meet you)
(Radioactive)
(The first time ever I saw your face)
(Shakespeare)
(Blood)
(Give your heart a break)
(Hurricane)
(Heartbeat)
(Hello Baby)
(Doctor Who?)
(I'm holding every breath for you)
(Bleeding Out)
(Everything Has Changed)
(Locked out of heaven)
(Happy Birthday)
(Blonde)
(Counting Stars)
(I'm Into You)
(Kissing you)
(Slow down)
(Angel)
(Anything could happen)
(Love letter)
(Viva La Vida)
(Apologize)
(Too Much Love Will Kill You)
(A thousand years)
(Prologue) Book Three
(You could be happy)
(Coming Home)
(Nothing)
(If you ever come back)
(Back to December)
(Heart Speaks First)
(Potential Breakup Song)
(All I've Ever Needed)
(Like Whoa)
(Undercover)
(Really Cameron?)
(Forget Forever)
(If I Lose Myself)
(Escape)
(Me and my Broken Heart)
(Tum Hi Ho)
(All Of Me)
(Candle In The Wind)
Masquerade
(Dark side) PART 1
(Dark Side) PART 2
(Just A Dream)
(Style)
(Ready to love again)

(Fix a Heart)

428 17 3
By ayishasv5

“Cameron, there was absolutely no did for any of this” He looks at my face through the review mirror and rolls his eyes at me. If Cameron thinks I’ll easily move on from him dying then he has something new coming his way. Sure, I took it in but that doesn’t mean I can forget about it in a flash.

“Callum?”

“Y-yeah?”

“Tell your girlfriend to shut her mouth” My mouth hung open on its own accordance as Cameron smirks from the front seat. How dare he?!

“Cameron don’t tell me to shut my mouth. You literally blackmailed Leo into letting me and Callum get out of work for something which you won’t even tell me”

“April stop being such a drama queen. You were never like this” Humour was filled in his voice as he turned a corner.

“I’m not being a drama queen Cam, I’m being realistic. I have every right to question your movements around me”

“I just want to see you happy, is that too much to ask for?!” He exploded. I stare at the back of his head in shock as sadness fills me. Sinking back into the seat I look out the window. If you really want to see me happy Cameron then you should have told me all of this the minute you found out yourself.

“April?” I hear Callum’s soft voice call out. I look over at him to see he is looking at me sadly. “Come here” He whispers, he opens his arms out a little so I move up and sit next to him with his arms around me. Leaning my head against his chest all that can be heard is the sound of the car and Callum’s heartbeat against my ear.  I feel myself relaxing against his body as my eyes close on its own.       

“We’re here” Cameron says in the awkward silence. Lifting my head up I look out the window from Callum’s side to see we are in a parking lot. “Callum, you know the drill from here. Call me when you’re finished” Wait, Callum knows about all of this? I can see Callum tense his jaw, he seems to notice my gaze on his face because he looks into my eyes.

“I’ll explain” He says before kissing my cheek. He opens the door to the car and gets up.

“Have a nice time April” Cameron tells me before I get out. I look at the back of his head but he doesn’t look back at me. Sighing to myself I get out and take hold of Callum’s hand. He shuts the door from behind me as we both watch Cameron drive off.

“Now can you explain to me what is going to Callum?” Callum gives me a small smile and puts his arm around my waist while dragging me out of the parking lot.

“Straight after you told me Cameron was dying; I decided to call him while you and Daila were gone out for some lunch. He told me that you were very upset about all of this and he wants to make it all up to you before its time for him to go. He set a date up for us so we can get to know each other more” I couldn’t believe my ears because Cameron wasn’t a big fan of Callum from the beginning, but this shows that Cameron really does care about my feelings.

“He did that?”

“Yes. You should be a little nicer to him you know” Callum expresses.

“Am I harsh to him?”

“Um….”

“Callum” I say warning him.

“Yes, you are harsh to him” Letting out a sigh I look away from Callum’s gaze and into the open street. Why am I such a bitch sometimes? Why can’t I just accept that my life is planned and whatever is happening is for a reason?

“Can you really blame me? What would you do if you found out your best friend is dying and he’s acting like it’s all ok?” This time it’s Callum who lets out a deep breath.

“April….the whole point of this date was so he can remind you that the good memories will always be remembered and apparently you’re going to love our restaurant location” He tells me.

“I am?”

“He said yes so how about we go and check it out because I am starving” Letting out a laugh, I hook my arm in Callum’s as we both start to make our way down the street. I guess Cameron wants to see me like this. He wants me to be happy and safe with someone else.

***************

“Does it ring any bells then?” Callum asks as we step through the doors.

“How could I forget?” This is the exact restaurant that Cameron took me to on our first ever date. We sat in the corner and I still remember our conversation.

(Flashback)

"There is our table" He said pointing to it. I nodded my head. He pulled the chair out for me to sit on it. I sat on it as he tucked me in from behind

He went our side and sat down.

"The view is so beautiful from here" I said looking out the window.

"Yeah the view in front of me is even better" I looked at him to see him smiling at me. I looked down and felt myself going hot.

"That was so cheesy" I said finally looking up at him.

"Only for you love" He said smirking. He picked up his menu and began scanning his eyes threw it.

"So what drink do you want" He said looking up from the menu. I picked my own one up and looked through it.

"Coco cola cherry" I said smiling widely.

"You haven't even drunk it yet and you’re on a high" I gave him another huge smile which made him laugh.

(End of flashback)

“I want to sit at that table” I point at the table me and Cameron sat one which was empty. It feels like it just happened yesterday. I feel something warm and soft in my hand, looking down I see Callum had encircled his fingers around mine.

“Anything for you” We make our way over and Callum quickly goes over to pull a chai r out for me. “After you my lady” He says in a posh accent. A small giggle leaves my mouth as I sit down on the chair.

“Why thank you” I reply back. Tucking my chair in Callum goes over to his chair and sits down. He places his hand on his cheek and gazes at me.

“You’re beautiful. You do know that right?” My face suddenly goes very warm and I look away from Callum’s burning gaze. “And the fact that I can make you blush like that makes me believe in it even more”

“Callum….stop it” I tell him while avoiding all eye contact.

“April, look at me” I feel him grab my right hand from across the table and the other makes its way to my chin making me face him. His blue eyes shine brightly as a small smile erupts from him.

“I will tell you that you’re beautiful every day if I have to because it’s true. You might not realise it but I do. I know the amount of shit you’ve had to take in your life. I want to be able to fix your heart. I want to ease the pain that’s been done from the past. I want to be the one who holds your hand through every single problem, I know it’s only been weeks since we met but please give me the chance to guide you through every tear, laugh, smile, cry April. I want to be able to do that” He confesses. Is it possible to like this man even more? Oh Callum, I wish I could pour my entire heart out to you about Cameron’s whole devil thing and Bryan being a vampire but I need to be able to trust myself first.

“Callum I-“

“You don’t need to say anything April. All I need you to say is that you trust me”

“I….I trust you Callum, I really do. If I never trusted you then I would have never opened up to you” His smile widens as he cups my face in his hands.

“I really want to kiss you right now” He lets out a small laugh making me smile widely at me.

“No one’s stopping you” I tell him. He looks me dead in the eye and slowly leans forward until his lips are placed upon mine. It was a small peck but the amount of passion he held in there was enough to tell me that he really cared.

“So how about we order a drink to start off with?” Callum asks.

“That sounds great” We call the waitress over and order our drinks. Me and Callum are having a random conversation about chocolate when Callum stops talking in mid-air. It looks like he’s seen a ghost. His gaze is fixed before my head but I don’t want to look back without asking him what happened.

“Cal, what happened?” He finally focuses his eyes on me and he looks very worried.

“April, um….Bryan is behind you and from the looks of it he’s coming this way” My heart just froze in my chest after hearing those words. What the hell is Bryan doing here? This feels like déjà vu from mine and Cameron’s date. Is he here to ruin this date as well? What does he want?

“Callum, hey how’s it going?” There he is. I try my best not to look at him as Callum talks to him with a forced smile on his face. I can feel Bryan looking at me but I don’t look. I need to stay strong….for myself, for Callum and Cameron.

“April…” Why does this have to happen to me? Couldn’t he see that I didn’t want to have a conversation with him? Swallowing my saliva back I look over at him. He looks amazing. His brown hair is tousled and his eyes are shining bright in this dull room. Why, after everything that has happened he still has this effect on me? I have a boyfriend, an amazing boyfriend who cares about me.

“Bryan”

“I…..I need to talk to you about something-it’s about…..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 111K 35
This is the first book in the Muses of Mayfair series, which features a group of women with secret artistic passions as they find love and friendship...
145K 3.3K 53
Claire's world changes when she steps into London. Claire and her friends take a trip to London to get away from life. Prince Zachary's turn...
195K 3.4K 44
“You’re mine,” it told her in her dreams, “you don’t deserve happiness”. She would wake up screaming most nights, crying, begging for forgiveness tha...
3.1M 182K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...