CLXXIX

Apparently, the third point on the agenda was Inception. Eddy watched Brett from his spot on the couch as he opened the DVD case with his long, slender fingers and slid the disc into the player, and when Brett turned around and walked back he smiled and opened his arm, inviting him in. Brett dropped himself on the couch next to him and snuggled into his shoulder. 
"Ready for this?" he asked. 
"What, ready to watch a great film with you here next to me? Hmm... not sure." Eddy teased. 
Brett simply grinned and pressed play. 
"Hey Bretty?" Eddy said quietly as the opening credits came on, a grin already in his voice, nuzzling Brett's soft hair under his nose. 
"Hmh?"
"You know, if it leads to this, I am absolutely fine with any perceived transgressions you may feel like in the future. Just as long as you don't make yourself sick again, of course."
Brett sat up abruptly with an amused glare on his face. Then he moved his arm forward at lightning speed and started tickling Eddy mercilessly. 
"No! Argh! No! Stop! Stop!"  Eddy squealed, writhing on the couch and giggling loudly. "Stop! I will make no more jokes!"
Brett stopped, his wicked grin still playing on his lips, his fingers just centimetres from Eddy's belly. 
"And that's a promise, is it?"
Eddy raised his eyebrows. 
"Maybe. I have this rule to not make promises about making promises, so..."
Brett's hand was quick, but Eddy's was quicker. He grabbed the hand that was about to tickle him again and tickled Brett's belly with his other hand. 
"No! Stop!" Brett shrieked. He sat up with such a shock that he tumbled backwards off the couch and pulled Eddy with him, his head narrowly missing the coffee table. Eddy landed on top of him, straddling him. He was howling with laughter as he tickled his squirming boyfriend for another moment. Then he stopped and let Brett catch his breath. 
Brett looked up at him with eyes as shiny as midnight stars, and just like that Eddy lost his patience, bent forward and kissed him, for real. 
Within moments the tiled floor wasn't hard, or cold, any more, because their mouths met in passion and fire coursed through Eddy's system. His hand was on Brett's belly still, but now caressing him, spreading the fire.
"Bretty..."
Brett grunted under him, the soft, strangled sound making him double his efforts. Somewhere in the background there was a film going, but everything around them vanished until there was just a little bubble of light, and the two of them, and the touches they shared. 

In the end it was Brett who cleared his throat softly. They were still lying on the floor, and Eddy's head was in the crook of Brett's shoulder. 
"So.... we do seem to have gotten to point four on the agenda a little sooner than I had planned."
Eddy grinned. "Yeah. Sorry about that."
"Mmm" Brett hummed as he moved to kiss Eddy on the top of his head. "You can distract me from my agenda like this any time."
He kissed him once more and then he sat up. 
"God, I'm getting old." he groaned. He awkwardly moved to his knees and sat back down on the couch with a thump. He picked up the remote from where it had landed - Eddy guessed to start the movie again. "My back is sore from the tiles."
Eddy grinned again as he too got up and took his rightful place on Brett's left side again. 
"My back is fine. Must be my youthful exuberance."
Brett lifted one eyebrow. "Or maybe it had something to do with the fact that you actually had a soft place to land?"
"Maybe." he chuckled. "So, we gonna watch this movie, then?"
Brett laughed softly. "Yeah, let's give it a proper go, hey?"