XCIII

And to be honest, it wasn't long before Eddy stopped being miffed at Todd's unexpected movie night action. Because Todd had then proceeded to order hot chocolate with whipped cream from downstairs for them all and had put on a movie called The Forbidden Kingdom that none of them had seen before, and Eddy pretty much couldn't be happier than he was right now. 
He was on a comfy bed, cushions in his back and snuggled into the boy he loved, watching a movie that was awesome, surrounded by classical music peers. That very new feeling of love and acceptance, of just simply being able to be who he was, completely and without any question or judgement... it spread through him even more now and suddenly he could have cried, both from the happiness he felt at this moment and from how long it had taken him to get to this point. 
Brett felt his sudden surge of emotion, of course, even though Eddy kept his tears well contained. He must have felt it, because he pulled Eddy closer, deeper into his right shoulder, that wonderful shoulder that was a safe haven to him by now, and kissed the top of his head. 
Eddy lifted his head up and softly kissed Brett on his lips. 
"I love you." he whispered in his ear, so softly that he was sure the others couldn't hear. 

His eyes glanced past Todd - who was on the chair in the middle of the two beds - on their way back to the little screen in front of them that was showing a fight scene, and he could have sworn that Todd was smiling slightly. 
Well, okay, maybe he did hear then. But it didn't matter. Because here, in this room, on this night, they could simply be. 
He sighed deeply and contentedly and tried to focus on the film again. 
His right hand was resting loosely on Brett's belly, and it sneaked under Brett's shirt now so he could stroke his stomach softly. 
Brett had the best belly, he really did. It was soft and slightly squishy, with just an ever so tiny splattering of hair, and the skin was just the smoothest. He would have loved to lift the t-shirt up and kiss that very soft skin, but for now he just stroked it quietly, until he heard Brett's rumbling, so very softly but yet clearly there, that rumbling deep in his throat like a cat's purr, and he smiled fondly, and he breathed in deeply, almost as if he were inhaling that contented sound. 
He was going to make very sure he'd hear that sound as many more times as he possibly could. 

The movie ended and Eddy... well, let's just say he got some of the plot. Todd instantly got up from his chair to put another movie on. 
"Okay." he said, as he dug around in his suitcase for more DVD boxes. "So I have a new movie called 'Taken' or I have a favourite I know you've all seen: 'Iron man'. What do you reckon?"
Eddy grinned, because he knew exactly what he would hear around him, and he wasn't disappointed. 
"Iron man!" the two other boys said in chorus. 
Eddy just nodded to Todd. He was very good with iron man, too. Because he loved the film, of course, he'd seen it like four times, but also because he wouldn't have to focus much on the plot. He knew the plot. So he could simply focus on snuggling Brett, and on his right hand, that was still resting on the loveliest belly in the world.