XCIV (see A/N abt Wattpad issue with posting below!)

By the time Iron Man had ended Eddy's eyes had become very heavy indeed, and he'd just about managed to limp to their own room and crash on Brett's bed before he'd fallen asleep. He hadn't even brushed his teeth before he sunk deeply into unconsciousness. 

It took a while for the soft voice to get through to him.
"Good morning, my love." the voice whispered in his ear again now, and Eddy groaned as he realised that it was light. It must be morning already. 
"Fuck, what time is it?" he croaked. "I want to sleep!"
Brett chuckled softly. "Yeah, I get that. But we really have to get up. I let you sleep as long as I could." 
That statement made him open his eyes in a hurry. 
"What? What time is it?" 
"It's nine, you have about three minutes until we're late."
Eddy groaned again. He'd really been looking forward to waking up calmly in Brett's arms. 
"Fuck! I blame Todd." he grunted then, and pushed himself into a sitting position. 
He rubbed his eyes and yawned. 
"Right. God, I'm so not ready for this." he said, his voice still thick with sleep. "Can you believe it's already the last day of rehearsals?" 
He sensed rather than saw Brett's nod.
"I know, it's ridiculous how this week has flown by." 
Eddy turned around and smiled at his boyfriend. 
"Well, yeah. But you know it's flown because it's been the best."

Unexpectedly Brett flung his arms around him and pulled him close.
"It has been, Eddy. And it won't end, right, when we get home?"
Eddy knew that tone. It was Brett's worried tone, and he would do anything he could to put him at ease. He pulled away every so slightly so he could look him right in the eyes. 
"No, Bretty. Yes, it will be a bit harder, but I promise it won't end. Ever." 
He saw the slight widening of Brett's eyes at that last word, spoken so easily because it was the truth his heart told him, and then Brett leaned his forehead against Eddy's. 
"I like the sound of that." 
Eddy didn't reply, he just pulled him closer for a quick moment and kissed the top of his head. 
"Come on." he said then. "We gotta get downstairs."
"Yeah." 

They got dressed on the double, picked up violins and sheet music and ran towards the lift. Eddy just hoped that they'd be on time to get some rolls from the buffet without keeping Scruffy Suit waiting. He pushed the lift button again impatiently, smirking at himself as he did so.
'Cause pushing the button again will make the lift appear more quickly, hey, mate? 
He had to laugh, though, when half a minute later their two friends came rushing out of their room with their own instruments and he saw just how dishevelled Todd and Ian were looking. 
"Jeez, good morning mates, do I look as crap as you do?" he asked, one brow raised in irony, as the lift appeared and they all piled in. 
Todd rolled his eyes at him before he answered. 
"Yeah, pretty much, Eddy, but you guys have that glow, you know. It's indestructible it seems."
Eddy kicked Todd lightly in the shins. 
"Shut up about glows, okay?"
Todd grinned. "Just telling it as it is, mate."

They ran out of the lift the second the doors opened, holding their instrument cases on their backs with one hand to stop them from bouncing, and rushed to the buffet to put some rolls in napkins, like they'd done every day. 
Except... it would almost end, wouldn't it? Tomorrow they would have the morning off, then a quick run-through in the venue and two concerts. One in the afternoon, one in the evening. 
And that would be it. 
Eddy swallowed as he followed the others out of the building at a calmer pace, to the steps where the taxi was probably already waiting for them. 
He nodded to himself. Yeah, maybe it would almost end. But it wasn't done yet, so he wasn't going to think about that yet. He was simply going to make the most of the next two days, he was going to enjoy every moment as much as he possibly could, and that was that. 

He took Brett's hand with resolve as he got into the waiting taxi and squeezed it tight. 

A/N Hi guys, today is Posting Day, however Wattpad seems to be in trouble: none of you seem to be able to see my posts, and some people suddenly can't star the chapters. I've un-published the next chapter, to my great annoyance, and I'll send an e-mail to Wattpad to see what's going on! Hopefully I'll be able to publish soon, please do come and check in (or leave a comment if you know more about what I could do :))
Edited: I've posted it again now. Please let me know if you can see it, and whether the stars work again <3